Trans tasman super sprint series

• Thread starter nochance09
  • 471 comments
For me... Embarrassing. Worst showing I've ever put in. It's not the places that matter. It's that I drove like a drunken midget who couldn't reach the pedals.

Each lap I got more frustrated trying to put in fastest laps just to keep up. So every lap I made more mistakes.

Bloody great to see some new faces on the podium though and it has totally fired me up for next round.

Shame you got frustrated clint as I watched your fastest lap, was very smoothe, shame about a couple of spins you had, you prop would of been on podium/won those races.

I wanted to hit that magic 133 mark, and nearly grabbed it in quali, last corner had the car at 45 degrees so had to back off, which cost me.

1st race went to plan, get out front, stayed there. That plan worked well. Sorry to Sean, I thought he was going right, so a ducked left, bam, nearly cost him his spot.

Second race I knew the guys would pit a lap too early for the softs, so I just kept the pressure on. Last lap and I was right behind grip and auts, and had worked out my passing move. Then auts spun, had to lock up so I wouldn't smash grip, and then got myself stuck on the barrier. Good win to grip. Looks like he's getting quicker with every race.

See you all next week

First race I was mind farked after my big ride yet still managed to keep it straight and level for 12 laps, all went to crap after that.

In between races I smashed a Red Bull and felt much the better for it!

Race 2 started out front and stayed there for most of the race. Managed to manage my gap to Grip who was charging hard in the first stint so that I was a few secs ahead of him going in to the pit. Chucked softs on and went for it. Never did any tests on softs so had no idea that they wouldn't last 10 laps (Assumption is the mother of all F#%K ups). Grip said after that he had meant to chuck softs on too but accidentally hit ok entering the pits, probably the best move! Was in trouble on the last lap rear tyres were down to 2, coming in to the first tunnel at the top of the hill locked up the rears and spun it. Nursed it home as best as I could got passed by Luke just before the front straight. Was very lucky to get 4th! Shame we never got a Kiwi 1-2, but I'm sure with Grips pace we might manage it at some stage this season, show you aussies how its done!

WD to Grip, I attribute his success to him keeping the pressure on me, perhaps if I hadn't have needed to push so hard my tyres might have just got me home!

Points will be interesting with both me and clint doing rubbish and platinum doing well, plus the likes of Grip and VH getting some good points. Bring on the next round!

Hi guys, tuff race sunday but it had to be done. Hope you all enjoyed it. Great pole from vh. Top win to Vh and Grip nice work guys.

Lap Times:
Clint: 1.34.375
Vh: 1.34.389
Auts: 1.34.961
Platinum: 1.34.976
Emu: 1.35.120
Grip: 1.35.192
Luke; 1.35.677
Sean: 1.36.711
Dingo: 1.37.560
Fewzo: 1.38.928

Platinum: 246
Emu: 240
Auts, Luke= 238
Grip:222
Vh: 221
Sean: 196
Dingo: 192
Fewzo: 188
Rager: 186
Frutti: 184
Swim: 180

H.P. next week:
Clint, Platinum: 315
Vh: 325
Auts, Emu, Grip :335
Luke: 345

Last edited:
Race one was going ok for me till i thought id spin in top tunnel, sorry to grip for blocking track. Was trying my best to get out of the way for everyone else coming through chucked it in reverse and drove out backwards as you all saw and got a bit of a giggle I'm tipping. Not the fastest way through there ill let you know. Was checking map but couldn't turn round till all had past. Was reasonably happy to get 4th after my party trick. Game froze on me and had to open another room(sorry about that). Race 2 after reseting room i forgot to reset timer on t.v. I'm no good at multi tasking ask wife. Spun trying to reach for control to reset, to the back again, just wasn't my day. Had some great battles after i settled down. Second set of tyres didn't like me pushing with them falling a lap short. Great run down from luke to claim 3rd put the heat on auts platinum and myself nicely. Gotta say thats the best way to learn a new track. Thanks all for some top racing. Cheers Emu

Firstly, thanks to Emu and Luke for selecting this track, I use it all the time for car testing (I've tested 49 cars here so far, the Chaparral 2J manages a 1:20 whereas the Samba Bus just manages a 4:17 if you can keep it moving up the hill :). I'm putting the win down to my experience on this track along with Aut's mistake on the last lap and not being able to put on the softs at my pit stop. I didn't suffer many incidents apart from the t-boning of Emu and Clint when they spun. All in all it was great racing and I enjoyed every minute. I'm wondering why I haven't been given an HP reduction in Emu's list above. Now I'm hoping that Emu will select another of my test tracks and I can play the joker :) Ascari anyone? :)

uote="Grip Hunter, postpointing that 953, member: 249130"]Firstly, thanks to Emu and Luke for selecting this track, I use it all the time for car testing (I've tested 49 cars here so far, the Chaparral 2J manages a 1:20 whereas the Samba Bus just manages a 4:17 if you can keep it moving up the hill :). I'm putting the win down to my experience on this track along with Aut's mistake on the last lap and not being able to put on the softs at my pit stop. I didn't suffer many incidents apart from the t-boning of Emu and Clint when they spun. All in all it was great racing and I enjoyed every minute. I'm wondering why I haven't been given an HP reduction in Emu's list above. Now I'm hoping that Emu will select another of my test tracks and I can play the joker :) Ascari anyone? :)[/quote]
Sorry grip, thanks for pointing that out. My bad you will be on 335 hp. Also sorry but the joker was 2 seasons ago. We have retired him.

Going to enjoy this a lot. Love the track and definitely going to enjoy the distance. Might keep the air con on throughout though

I tested both one stop and two stop strategies on the softs. Total race time for each was about the same, about 35 mins. I was amazed that this car is still quite drivable even when the front left tyre is gone completely :) I did have a couple of off track incidents in both tests. I'll test again today and see if I can improve on my times and get all my laps completely clean.

Is there any particular reason why no tuning is allowed. Just a little tweak here and there would possibly improve the drivability and reduce tyre wear. And ABS?....

Who is using a wheel and who is using a controller? I'm using G27.

I'm on G27 aswell

Shame you got frustrated clint as I watched your fastest lap, was very smoothe, shame about a couple of spins you had, you prop would of been on podium/won those races.

I wanted to hit that magic 133 mark, and nearly grabbed it in quali, last corner had the car at 45 degrees so had to back off, which cost me.

1st race went to plan, get out front, stayed there. That plan worked well. Sorry to Sean, I thought he was going right, so a ducked left, bam, nearly cost him his spot.

Second race I knew the guys would pit a lap too early for the softs, so I just kept the pressure on. Last lap and I was right behind grip and auts, and had worked out my passing move. Then auts spun, had to lock up so I wouldn't smash grip, and then got myself stuck on the barrier. Good win to grip. Looks like he's getting quicker with every race.

See you all next week

Np from me mate. these things happen ;-)

Hy all, just managed to get a new password argh. so plenty of comments to come. lol. Been great so far this season. Ive had some real bad results but really enjoy the company so don't mind at all.
Was as useless this race as I was in the other two ;-( but , still enjoyed myself. thanks chaps for some great racing at the back of the grid. I'm deffinatley going for a slow race this this one. I am by far the slowest here by a long way. So have every intention of keeping clear of the front runners, and will hope for the possibility of racing with the odd bod that has a fall off etc.
To anyone I have slowed in a race this season I am sorry. too all others, HERE'S JOHNY.

Hy all, just managed to get a new password argh. so plenty of comments to come. lol. Been great so far this season. Ive had some real bad results but really enjoy the company so don't mind at all.
Was as useless this race as I was in the other two ;-( but , still enjoyed myself. thanks chaps for some great racing at the back of the grid. I'm deffinatley going for a slow race this this one. I am by far the slowest here by a long way. So have every intention of keeping clear of the front runners, and will hope for the possibility of racing with the odd bod that has a fall off etc.
To anyone I have slowed in a race this season I am sorry. too all others, HERE'S JOHNY.

My arse you're slow! Just need to get properly used to that wheel n you will be smoking us again. I still remember that thrashing you handed out at Sarthe last season.
Besides our series is about more than winning, its about having a good one no matter what your pace: Be it Clint's pace and uncanny ability to not fall off the track, or up the back bashing fairings (motorcycle reference) with the others.

My arse you're slow! Just need to get properly used to that wheel n you will be smoking us again. I still remember that thrashing you handed out at Sarthe last season.
Besides our series is about more than winning, its about having a good one no matter what your pace: Be it Clint's pace and uncanny ability to not fall off the track, or up the back bashing fairings (motorcycle reference) with the others.

Had plenty of off track adventures last week.

I promise to do my best not to ruin any more bumpers. Been running minimal braking to make up for power. But it has meant running close and a couple of bumps. Will try to keep some more distance.

Saturday morning testing report:

315hp

Some anomalies to be careful of. I used more fuel on the second stint than the first even though I was slower so everyone should test max fuel on at least 20 laps with 1 pit to ensure their fuel strategy is sound.

First stint: as always is the fastest so the longer you can last here the better. The font left and both rear tyres don't wear much here so they can take a beating through corners like The Quarry and Griffin's Mount.
Second stint: the tyre wear evens out across each tyre and the rears need to be saved if you are looking to extend your run. As said fuel is less than the last and will need watching.
Third stint: splash and dash will happen at some point in the race as no matter how good the fuel economy is for the lower hp guys the stints are not even for 30 laps.
Fourth stint: floor it.

Tyres:
Softs should last 7 but you'd be brave trying that. Safe numbers are 5 or 6 laps.

Mediums are stupidly different each stint so you're on your own here fellas.

Good luck on Sunday

Saturday morning testing report:

315hp

Some anomalies to be careful of. I used more fuel on the second stint than the first even though I was slower so everyone should test max fuel on at least 20 laps with 1 pit to ensure their fuel strategy is sound.

First stint: as always is the fastest so the longer you can last here the better. The font left and both rear tyres don't wear much here so they can take a beating through corners like The Quarry and Griffin's Mount.
Second stint: the tyre wear evens out across each tyre and the rears need to be saved if you are looking to extend your run. As said fuel is less than the last and will need watching.
Third stint: splash and dash will happen at some point in the race as no matter how good the fuel economy is for the lower hp guys the stints are not even for 30 laps.
Fourth stint: floor it.

Tyres:
Softs should last 7 but you'd be brave trying that. Safe numbers are 5 or 6 laps.

Mediums are stupidly different each stint so you're on your own here fellas.

Good luck on Sunday

That about sums it up buddy, will be a difficult race I'm hoping to set a nice even pace n not get caught up in too much shenanigans

What's the struggle like up the hill with less power clint? And what approx lap times you pulling? Haven't turned a lap yet so dunno what strategy I'll be running

2:14's on first stint. Solid 16's after pit and low 15's almost every lap on softs.

Mountain straight can be a struggle but Conrod downhill is ok. The real bonus of low power is less fuel usage and being foot flat through skyline and most of the esses.

Awesome race.

Messy start got caught behind Fewzo. He stepped out the rear up the 2nd corner and it was over. Sorry mate tried not to hit you

EMUEGG11... King of the mountain..! WooHoo..

Greg was untouchable. The front four battled the hell out of each other but when he got a break that was it. Mik, Plat, Auts, Sean and Frutti were all solid as well.

Spent most of the race in 5th and 6th and was shouting at my car to not spin with 3RS on every tyre, while Lee my wife shook her head.

Greg made it clear I caused two accidents last weekend. No excuses.

My sincerest apologies to both Sean and Fewzo.

I've said I will happily take a DQ for not stopping as per the rules. Sorry again fellas.

Back