VS Racing Series - Series will resume once GT6 arrives!

• Thread starter Jawehawk
  • 2,006 comments
Read last comment :lol:

GT5 is done. Finished. Finito. Kaputt!
On another note. Who's joining the GT6 track day on saturday? Come show whatever cars you have aqquired!
Yes I will be there Saturday, if it's midday to afternoon time. Girlfriends working.

"girlfriends"? As in plural? PLAYER! :lol:
If only haha. Probably shouldn't post it online neither.....

Just got an email from Amazon about my GT6.

Thank you for pre-ordering Gran Turismo 6 fromAmazon.co.uk. We've teamed up with Sony to offer you a code to download the Precision and Torque DLC packs, as well as One Million In Game Credits. Please find redemption instructions below.

Didn't even know I had any pre-order incentives other than the 5 cars.

Doesn't look like I'll recieve GT6 today.

My reaction

If I don't get it tomorrow, I'll visit my local store and buy it from there. Then I'll just have to deal with the BS of sending the package back...

Doesn't look like I'll recieve GT6 today.

My reaction

If I don't get it tomorrow, I'll visit my local store and buy it from there. Then I'll just have to deal with the BS of sending the package back...
Why no GT Jawehawk?

If I don't get it I'll cry.

Why no GT Jawehawk?

If I don't get it I'll cry.

Because the people at the store that I ordered from didn't think it wise to ship it out 2 days before release, in anticipation of the coming storm. As a result of the storm, lots of packages are arriving late everywhere.

I don't get it. They shipped out my PS4 two days before release for no apparent reason. But when it comes to GT6, where there actually is a perfectly good reason to send it out a day earlier, they don't. This is beyond frustrating. Took the day off for nothing...

Also, this means I won't be hosting a GT6 session this weekend.

I can make it also Andy.

Anyone played yet? Looks good menus easier to read, took about 45mins to install. Lighting on track different, haven't tryed night or weather yet.
Never going to buy the credits from PSN, can't see point in that.

Still on Sunday Cup Races, so haven't unlocked a lot of things. Al seems to be a bit better, can alter their aggression in arcade. Will try arcade later, to see what its like.

Good opening movie:cool:

What do you guys think:rolleyes:

Ohh, cancel the sirens. Game just arrived. 4 hours later than the usual time.

My new reaction (sorry Mattie, M8h3r and John)

Last edited:
I bought GT6 in the store today. I like the new menu lay out, much easier to navigate. I hope the licenses will get more difficult to gold as i golded all tests of the B license at first try. Well, the first one took me 3 times.

Good god 1207mb update. Thank god I got better internet. That's a days downloading on my old one.

Does it take long to install after that?

Is the lobby back on again tomorrow?

Last edited:
The game aparetly installs while you play. As for the licencse, they are insanely easy to gold. Or at least the National A and B are. Golded almost all in one go. The races are also absurdly easy. Only race I've found even remotely challenging was the "City Trials" and that was only because I was going at it with a Clio I got as a prize car. Running one tire compound lower than the AI... But at least that was fun. The rest so far have just felt like tedious grindng.

I've done the Lunar Rover missions, and they're quite awesome. Fun and unique. Last one is slightly difficult to gold.

Small positive observations so far.

Windscreen wipers are no longer automatic! Seriously, I love this. You now have to turn them on yourself.
Menu's are quick and responsive. They also look quite good.

Negative observations.

There seems to be a lot of pop-in on certain tracks. World objects and shadows have trouble deciding if hey exist or not :lol:
Lighting can at times be extremely dark for no reason.
It's utter BS that we were forced to buy that useless Honda Fit. Boring car is boring and must be killed by fire!
Auto replay sucks...
SRF is locked on for a lot, if not all, of the liceces/driving missions.
Tire sounds are absolutely abysmal.

I actually haven't bought a single car yet. Got 307.000 credits and I think I'm going to save up for the McLaren F1.

Last edited:
The game aparetly installs while you play. As for the licencse, they are insanely easy to gold. Or at least the National A and B are. Golded almost all in one go. The races are also absurdly easy. Only race I've found even remotely challenging was the "City Trials" and that was only because I was going at it with a Clio I got as a prize car. Running one tire compound lower than the AI... But at least that was fun. The rest so far have just felt like tedious grindng.

I've done the Lunar Rover missions, and they're quite awesome. Fun and unique. Last one is slightly difficult to gold.

Small positive observations so far.

Windscreen wipers are no longer automatic! Seriously, I love this. You now have to turn them on yourself.
Menu's are quick and responsive. They also look quite good.

Negative observations.

There seems to be a lot of pop-in on certain tracks. World objects and shadows have trouble deciding if hey exist or not :lol:
Lighting can at times be extremely dark for no reason.
It's utter BS that we were forced to buy that useless Honda Fit. Boring car is boring and must be killed by fire!
Auto replay sucks...
SRF is locked on for a lot, if not all, of the liceces/driving missions.
Tire sounds are absolutely abysmal for rear wheel drive cars for some reson.

I actually haven't bought a single car yet. Got 307.000 credits and I think I'm going to save up for the McLaren F1.
Do you even have to be a level to buy a car or not. Cause I was planning to level up, then claim my 1,000,000 to buy things like the KTM, Abarth 500 (eep) and Rocket car.

The level system has been removed. This was revealed quite some time ago ;)

Also. I really suck at knocking down cones :lol:
Can't even get close to silver in the 1st cone challenge, and while I got close to gold in the 2nd, my other attempts have been horrid. Fun none the less.

btw. I wouldn't go buying the Street version of the KTM if I were you. Hint hint...
Pretty cool to see the suspension and wheels move when you drive it from cockpit view.

Last edited:
The level system has been removed. This was revealed quite some time ago ;)

Also. I really suck at knocking down cones :lol:
Can't even get close to silver in the 1st cone challenge, and while I got close to gold in the 2nd, my other attempts have been horrid. Fun none the less.
I knew the leveling was but I assumed there was going to be some sort of qualification for cars.

Silver in the first

What's wrong with the street version?

Edit: oh I see what you did there andy!

Last edited:
I'm quite pleased with it so far, just trying to get online opened up.
Tests are quite easy, Silver in most, races a bit easy I agree. Can always go back and try again!

Don't mind the grind to get credits, rather do that than pay to buy everything. Its always been like that with GT. Im sure some players will pay though, but 39 pounds or Euros is a lot to pay for credits.

Graphics are sharper, but have seen bad shadows, break up, going pits Brands Hatch. But at a different time, 7.30 race, they weren't there. Some problems also with Bathurst.

Lighting I think is like when you're driving, at different times of the day, into sun It looks good during night time, with headlamps. Haven't tried any time change yet.

I'm still using the Honda Fit, winning races, comfort soft tyres. I sent my Clio to the stockyard and don't know how to get it back.

Al in arcade are better, try some races at Bathurst, only four, bit harder to catch the leaders.

I'm still using the Honda Fit, winning races, comfort soft tyres. I sent my Clio to the stockyard and don't know how to get it back.

I think there's a bug with the Stockyard. I read somewhere on this forum that cars sent there would dissapear.
Shame, 'cause that Clio is nice! Infinately better than that boring Honda Fit.

I just bought the Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8. Really nice car!
Looks and drives great, and is fairly cheap at just 33.000 credits.

I think there's a bug with the Stockyard. I read somewhere on this forum that cars sent there would dissapear.
Shame, 'cause that Clio is nice! Infinately better than that boring Honda Fit.

I just bought the Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8. Really nice car!
Looks and drives great, and is fairly cheap at just 33.000 credits.
What's this stockyard? Please don't tell me it's when you say no to driving it now?

I've bought the Fiat 500 Abarth. Dreamt of driving that car for years, alongside the KTM. Danny's a very happy man right now!

When's the lobby coming anyway?

What's this stockyard? Please don't tell me it's when you say no to driving it now?

I've bought the Fiat 500 Abarth. Dreamt of driving that car for years, alongside the KTM. Danny's a very happy man right now!

When's the lobby coming anyway?

No lobby. No god! Tomorrow perhaps. I want to build up a semi decent rooster of cars before going online.
Remember that you need to pass the National A and B licenses before you can go online!

No lobby. No god! Tomorrow perhaps. I want to build up a semi decent rooster of cars before going online.
Remember that you need to pass the National A and B licenses before you can go online!
Golded all 10 tests. Think I have about 17 cars now. Going to buy the 2013 mustang too. That looks sweet!

I haven't bought any single car so far and only have national B license, so i wouldn't have joined anyway. I'm really curious to the lamborghini diablo GT :drool: and the ferrari FXX. Why don't they just give us all the cars anyway so we can have some on-line fun :D.

I just recieved the Rocket car. Mad fun to drive on Ascari. Also, there are no track boundaries, so you can run around on the grass as much as you want :).

Here's the downside though. Ascari time is only 10.00-17.50. Bands Hatch is just 06.00-20.00.
Serisouly, what gives? PD half-assing their game ones again. No wonder they're the laughing stock of the games industry...

Wonder what others tracks don't have 24 hour cycles dispite being advertised as having variable time.

Edit: Silverstone is 08.00-17.00. Autumn Ring is 09.00-16.00. Gran Turismo Arena is 09.30-16.30.

Last edited:
Rally in real life - Awesome, great spectacle, entertaining to watch.

Rally in Gran Turismo - ARGH! Hate it so much. My downfall.

Rally in real life - Awesome, great spectacle, entertaining to watch.

Rally in Gran Turismo - ARGH! Hate it so much. My downfall.

I think your hatred for Rally in Gran Turismo is largely a result of driving with a controller. It becomes much more engaging, realistic and fun with a wheel. Controller rumble simply can't convey the feeling of off road driving.

Hi guys!

Just checking in on everybody :) Been playing GT6 too, just not as much as i'd like. Anyway, looking forward to some new racing series. Will post any challenges my team organizes, since you're all more than wellcome.

Cheers!

Back