Wallbanger's 1st annual million credit FF Summer Shootout!(6/19/11 final 7/17/11)

Right, who's going to take part in the 'use the X1 to kick the crap out of a 2CV or get it pass 240mph' game? All you need is an X1, some racing soft tyres which will be sent to you if you don't have it installed already, and an internet. The 2CV will be piloted by atomicnmd, and we have to stop him from doing a lap in under……say………5/6/7 minutes(?) on SSR7. The aim here is to have fun, and I personally can't think of anything more fun than holding a demolition derby with a massively overpowered car and one immensely crap one :D

Yep, ****ing hell! I know why you got rid of it from your list…I hit 161mph before braking…and then smacking the wall on the hairpin, sideways.

@Milldrum, if we get enough people, we'll decide on a day to do this, the cars and hosting needs to be organised first. (I can't do it as I'm the only one on this side of the world, all you lot are either in the US/Europe or Australia)

Onboy123
Yep, ****ing hell! I know why you got rid of it from your list...I hit 161mph before braking...and then smacking the wall on the hairpin, sideways.

As an experienced driver, I once placed 7th in Wallbanger's FF Challenge, it's clearly a case of, um, I don't know sorry.

Yep, ****ing hell! I know why you got rid of it from your list…I hit 161mph before braking…and then smacking the wall on the hairpin, sideways.

:lol:Told you it was scary fast and had absolutely zero grip on SS tires!:D Thinking about doing an unlimited version on RS tires...
I'll send "Mjolner" your way tomorrow. Think you'll find it a lot more capable through the turns. Just lacks that nasty speed down the straight.:drool:

If I could somehow combine the 2 cars into one nothing would have stood a chance.

By the way feel free to share the drunken Korean with anyone else that wants to soil their shorts...oh and I was managing 2:08s with it before switching to the more controllable Kermit.

Last edited:
:lol:Told you it was scary fast and had absolutely zero grip on SS tires!:D Thinking about doing an unlimited version on RS tires...
I'll send "Mjolner" your way tomorrow. Think you'll find it a lot more capable through the turns. Just lacks that nasty speed down the straight.:drool:

If I could somehow combine the 2 cars into one nothing would have stood a chance.

An unlimited version? Do it. Just do it. And a Coupe EX version just popped up in my UCD, could that be any better?

And you could just shorten the gear ratios on that whale to give more acceleration and then play with the final gear to gain the top speed. Do an unlimited one for this as well. And send Atomic the 2CV.

Last edited:
Milldrum
As an experienced driver, I once placed 7th in Wallbanger's FF Challenge, it's clearly a case of, um, I don't know sorry.

Ok, I remembered now. What I would do is drive it around 2 seconds a lap slower than anyone else.

An unlimited version? Do it. Just do it. And a Coupe EX version just pooeped up in my UCD, could that be any better?

And you could just shorten the gear ratios on that whale to give more acceleration and then play with the final gear to gain the top speed. Do an unlimited one for this as well. And send Atomic the 2CV.

Need to find a 2CV that's actually broken in...mine is a zero mile car. Managed a blistering 4:01 around GVS in it though with the extra 200kg ballast (it is an FF after all:crazy:) before exiting the game to keep it at zero miles.:D

An unlimited version? Do it. Just do it. And a Coupe EX version just popped up in my UCD, could that be any better?

And you could just shorten the gear ratios on that whale to give more acceleration and then play with the final gear to gain the top speed. Do an unlimited one for this as well.
I'll put a copy of "Mjolner" on share when I get home from work in a couple of hours and have ACSR421 see about a transmission and LSD setup for it.

Onboy123
Okaayy...to stop the mods from intervening again, i think we should leave it here...and Adrenaline, you've yet to answer me, do you or do you not want your Spirra back?

Edit: I should probably change 'your' to 'the', as it isnt...It's not the one you sent him. He lost it :D

Huh... And look who's involved... AGAIN. odd isn't it?

Good! And doc, sorry about ditching last night…needed to sleep. I wanted to try out my 'ram the Prius/2CV in an X1' thing though. Did it in 2P mode and the Prius flew half the length of the tunnel before coming to a stop. I'm guessing the 2CV with its paper body will go even further. And that's only with 1 X1. Imagine 14 :mischievous:

Very nice job everyone! My top 6 were the same as the order they finished so my results seem to be right on par with the averages.

Still bummed about not getting those last 3 cars and the proper accord!

So I'm working on "Mjolner" when I finally figure something out about GVS. The track has optical illusions. The end of the straight through the right hander is actually a very slight upslope with a slight slant to the right. This is as opposed to being the slight downslope and level that it appears to be at least too me. Explains some of my driving/handling issues especially on that corner. Haven't checked the rest of the track out and don't know if anyone else had noticed and/or cared about such things.

Oh and I have a very rough tune of "Mjolner" up for share if anyone wants to give this super-heavyweight a try.

I tried it, and it was scary. Though not as bad as your kimchi special, it's just scary how it can take corners at all when it weighs that much and has that much power…

I tried it, and it was scary. Though not as bad as your kimchi special, it's just scary how it can take corners at all when it weighs that much and has that much power…

Will be swaping out the shared S60 in just a minute. This one should handle better...and I just beat the best time I ever ran using Kermit with it.:grumpy:

So I'm working on "Mjolner" when I finally figure something out about GVS. The track has optical illusions. The end of the straight through the right hander is actually a very slight upslope with a slight slant to the right. This is as opposed to being the slight downslope and level that it appears to be at least too me. Explains some of my driving/handling issues especially on that corner. Haven't checked the rest of the track out and don't know if anyone else had noticed and/or cared about such things.

Oh and I have a very rough tune of "Mjolner" up for share if anyone wants to give this super-heavyweight a try.
I see where the illusion comes in, but once you get settled on corner entry it seems to pull you inside pretty hard, and you can actually take quite a bit of speed through it.
But only if you get inside the banking, the outside tries to kill you.

I see where the illusion comes in, but once you get settled on corner entry it seems to pull you inside pretty hard, and you can actually take quite a bit of speed through it.
But only if you get inside the banking, the outside tries to kill you.

Yep I kept thinking I was creating a slight rise and then dipping back down to that right hander but the speeds and direction that the car wanted pull always seemed off. Now I know why.

Latest test version of "Mjolner" my Volvo S60 T-5 is now up for share for anyone who's interested. I'll continue tuning the rest of my "Dirty Dozen" over the next few weeks. Will also do unlimited tunes of them...probably using other tracks as I really don't care for GVS. Can't imagine spending the hours on it you test drivers have. You guys are the best.👍👍:gtpflag:

Guess what I found? A 2CV with 355,618 miles on it! And it shall be Atomicnmd's coffin :lol: :mischievous:

Perfect...now forget the oil change and buy a set of comfort hards for it.:crazy:👍👍

Oh and don't forget the extra 200kg of ballast.

Perfect...now forget the oil change and buy a set of comfort hards for it.:crazy:👍👍

Already did (as in I didn't oil change or restore it), and gave it 200kg ballast and a weight distribution of 71/29 :lol: :D I wanted to paint it Passionate Pink, but it didn't let me :(

Already did (as in I didn't oil change or restore it), and gave it 200kg ballast and a weight distribution of 71/29 :lol: :D I wanted to paint it Passionate Pink, but it didn't let me :(

Well it would be hard to get the paint to stick to all that rust......:yuck:

Well it would be hard to get the paint to stick to all that rust......:yuck:

So you in for a bit of 2CV hunting? SSR7, 2CV will have 2 minutes head start and then we can go wild :D (yes, that means you can drive the wrong way on the track to attack the 2CV head on :D)

So you in for a bit of 2CV hunting? SSR7, 2CV will have 2 minutes head start and then we can go wild :D (yes, that means you can drive the wrong way on the track to attack the 2CV head on :D)

All depends on the timing. Post up a couple of options and I'll try.👍

Back