Wallbanger's 1st annual million credit FF Summer Shootout!(6/19/11 final 7/17/11)

I have an oval go-kart track. It must only be 1km at the most. I don't know how you would fit all the cars, but maybe 20 laps for the 2CV and all he'll for the X2010's.

Sent out the prize for the 'Drivers Choice Award'. Congratulations there!

Wow, 1000 posts! This is a boring post for 1000.

Hey guys just for ****s and gigs I just ran the spoon civic with just tires and engine mods nothing else. I was running consistent 2:05's. P. S. it has 100 less hp than the cars we were using. Would anyone like to revise their statement about the "tuner" cars having an unfair advantage?

sins1er
Hey guys just for ****s and gigs I just ran the spoon civic with just tires and engine mods nothing else. I was running consistent 2:05's. P. S. it has 100 less hp than the cars we were using. Would anyone like to revise their statement about the "tuner" cars having an unfair advantage?

What tires?

Question though is what further upgrades can you make to the car and how much better can it really get.

If you can't add significantly more power and/or the suspension tune can't be greatly increased then it would at best be in the same area as the the top cars in the shootout.

While the Trials took 1st and 2nd they didn't completely blow away the competition leaving things close enough that driver skill would be as likely if not more so to determine the winner of a race.

Sins1er DR. SLUMP -trial celica -2:01.47 1st overall car in shootout.
CSLACR BraveBear -Integra Tpe R '04 -2:01.075 7th overall car in shootout.

Factor in race conditions with traffic and not always being able to hit a perfect line like you can with hot laping...

I don't even understand the point sinster is trying to make with the spoon civic?
If he's saying it's fast, then he agrees that tuner cars are at an advantage.
If he's saying it's slow, then he's wrong. because 2:05 with 100hp down, is already on par with 25% of the field based on his driving.

Onboy I forwarded that ticket but I don't think he's going to want to play. Got a chat request from him on PSN asking if I liked him. Unfortunately I was tied up at the time and couldn't answer.:guilty:

Well, you know, you could get him to add me, as I'm in need of something to kill my time with……and Atomic, if you're reading this, please don't take this the wrong way, ok? It's a game, the FF shootout is just a game in a game, and the X1 football with a 2CV is just part of this game in a game :D Just think of this as a service, you're helping us get rid of one of the most wretched cars in GT5 :lol:

Could just be 500pp was too much for SS at this Track for the majority of the field. I see the spoon hitting nice 2:05's easy and even faster by some of the faster drivers. Do I see it hitting the same mark the top drivers hit with the fastest cars underpowered? Nope.

I don't think the Trial had any more of an advantage over the ITR then the ITR had over most if not all the other cars.
So I think if one should have been banned, they both should have been.

I still think there's a badass little TRD celica that ran 2:00.6 for me at 484PP. ;)

I don't think the Trial had any more of an advantage over the ITR then the ITR had over most if not all the other cars.
So I think if one should have been banned, they both should have been.

I still think there's a badass little TRD celica that ran 2:00.6 for me at 484PP. ;)
And that's part of my point. The actual tune of a given car so that it fits the driving style of the person running it and the skill of the driver. Obviously a number of cars are just not competitive with each other but its finding the odd ones that are fairly competitive and giving them a good tune to fit your own driving style so you don't show up in the same car as everyone else is.

Adrenaline
I don't even understand the point sinster is trying to make with the spoon civic?
If he's saying it's fast, then he agrees that tuner cars are at an advantage.
If he's saying it's slow, then he's wrong. because 2:05 with 100hp down, is already on par with 25% of the field based on his driving.

I'm saying it's VERY fast considering the PP and hp disadvantage. I'm not trying to make a point per se... Just food for thought. Somebody few days ago said that there is no advantage to using the tuners cars... I disagree is all. No biggie. The spoon civic wouldn't have won, but it would've done very well despite the power and PP. That's all. No heated debate, just is what it is. It had stock clutch, flywheel, LSD, suspension, no weight reduction, and ss tires. Just thought it was awesome. That's all. Sorry to have gotten people riled up.

AssassinTuner
Could just be 500pp was too much for SS at this Track for the majority of the field. I see the spoon hitting nice 2:05's easy and even faster by some of the faster drivers. Do I see it hitting the same mark the top drivers hit with the fastest cars underpowered? Nope.

Agreed.

All members of the Tuner Group check the upcoming events thread there for new challenge to go up in a couple of hours!:crazy::D:cheers::gtpflag:

sins1er
I'm saying it's VERY fast considering the PP and hp disadvantage. I'm not trying to make a point per se... Just food for thought. Somebody few days ago said that there is no advantage to using the tuners cars... I disagree is all. No biggie. The spoon civic wouldn't have won, but it would've done very well despite the power and PP. That's all. No heated debate, just is what it is. It had stock clutch, flywheel, LSD, suspension, no weight reduction, and ss tires. Just thought it was awesome. That's all. Sorry to have gotten people riled up.

I'll tell yah this, sometimes less is more. My ITR was hitting low 2:02 and a few high 2:01's at 335hp and 1030kg no wing. In other word way under powered and over weight. The car was much more pushable, easier to go to the limit.

450pp is more suitable for FF's at GVS on SS tires. I'm sure the gap in times would of narrowed down.

I'm definitely testing next time. If I can get any in...it all depends on the timing because I'm going on holiday in less that 2 weeks now and I'll be gone for 3. Also I'm planning my own shootout in the autumn but I still don't have all the resources yet. Good job I have till the autumn to do it though! :D

Latest Posts

Back