Wallbanger's 2nd Annual FF Summer Shootout

@Onboy: at least you have the tune posted already. And with the feedback you've gotten from all the drivers you should be able to make decent judgement calls about the settings for round 2. I mean, you're good enough to go on to round two, should be a piece of cake, right? Lol.

@Onboy: at least you have the tune posted already. And with the feedback you've gotten from all the drivers you should be able to make decent judgement calls about the settings for round 2. I mean, you're good enough to go on to round two, should be a piece of cake, right? Lol.

Well, in times like these, I've really got no choice, so no matter how much I oppose the use of +ve ride height, it seems like I've got to do so in order to keep up. So…blind tuning 101…should be interesting… :lol:

tris_73
I can send my Class A car to Ronald when I get off work this evening.

I may have to reneg on this for this evening. Just got home to find my interwebs completely broken. Waiting on a callback from the ISP.

Well, I had a look through the round 1 results, and I'm impressed. The Parrots X Outlaws X Street Fighter X Tekken battle is a pretty close one, I must say. But as for the group B winner, we all know who that is going to be... :sly:

Eh, I've found my GT5 disc while the parents are out. Spent 10 minutes on the car, 8 of them is driving on Daytona, so don't expect much from it there and expect nothing from it on gravel. :lol: The diff, ride height and gearbox are all that's changed.

Diff is something of an experiment into extreme (low) numbers, so blame me all you want if you're killed, testers. :lol:

Yes, that means the car's back on share. :P Also, I noticed some typos in my writeup with the numbers…whoops. :lol:

Just how many PS3's do you have Hami???

Crap. So I can only share one car per day? Well, Ronald, I'll be sending you one car per day then and only cars for round two. Can I send from two different accounts on the same PS3?

Do y'all want the cars back after I'm done? I'm assuming: yes. Lol.

Since the Suzuki made it to round two, can you put it on share on your PS3? That way you and others can still test it. And no, I don't expect any of these cars back. Think of it as a reward for all of the testing that you are doing.

Crap. So I can only share one car per day? Well, Ronald, I'll be sending you one car per day then and only cars for round two. Can I send from two different accounts on the same PS3?

Yes, only one car per PS3 per day. Even if you have multiple accounts. I believe it ties in to the mac address of the PS3.

Don't worry about mine, I will send it to Ronald once I've had a look at updating the settings.

Oh and Ronald, same goes for me, I don't expect (or want really) it back, it's yours to do with as you see fit.

My daughter checked last night, and sadly I don't have doubles of my cars :(... but if I come across them in the UCD I will send them out. (And I don't need them back)

I hope to adjust the transmission on my cars late tonight, so we can finish off the Outlaws :sly::lol:

@Harvey - I will test all of class A, I think (when's the deadline?)

My Cervo POS is back online ready for testing. Roland, you have a copy in your inbox.

Typical, that the one I go through with to the second round is the car I threw a tune at because the boss asked me to, and the car I spent time on is left in the dust. :rolleyes:

Get used to it, this always happens to my cars. :lol: I didn't spend (or care) for this particular car that much when compared to my other cars, it gets through to the second round. I spend ages on cars like my SuperGT entries and they end up mid field at best. :lol:

Only exception? The 490PP and 550PP Subarus I entered for the Japan Shootout. One took the podium, the other took a 2nd in the driver's award.

Thank you all for sending me your tunes, or at least trying. And don't worry about breaking them in. Bob does it just fine while I'm not home.

And thank you y'all for letting me keep them! I would have bought and copied your tunes to most of them myselfto anyway.

@Newdriver: I love Subarus. I'll test yours later tonight on Cape Ring against the AI, during my 'break' from the shootout.

Sent TrackRipper's Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 to GTPRonald. Needs B-spec Bob break in.

Have Moparisgod Fiat 500 ready to send next.

Took my cars off share, and adjusted the transmission. There back up now. I'll need to write the settings down and post them, if Hami is building them :nervous:.... oh how I wish I had spares for the two :grumpy:

I'm having trouble connecting today. I'm taking the wife to the airport tomorrow, she's away for a week at her high school reunion. I'll be busier with the kids but at least I won't disturb her while I play long into the night.

Ug, so many things to do: kids, job, FF SO, '86 SO, 'blade SO.

Last edited:
if Hami is building them

I do not currently own all of the entries. I will build as many as I can in an effort to make things easier on Ronald, but he may still have to get some of these off share with the long load times.

Missing:
X's Daihatsu Mira
Krenkme's BE-1
Theo's Honda Insight Type R 99
Krenkme's Vitz RS Turbo '02
Theo's Nissan Micra
Onboy's Jazz

Ronald - expect a friend request from sharky969. He will be sending you all of the above cars over the next few days. You will have to build the tune for each. You mentioned something about needing the tunes texted to you. PM your digits to me and I'll see if I can make that happen.

Building all of the rest for Ronald and will keep my eyes open for UCD finds.

Last edited:
Only about 23hours left for the Finalists to make any desired adjustments to their tunes.

Also hoping we start getting some volunteers to test drive the finals.:drool:

I do not currently own all of the entries. I will build as many as I can in an effort to make things easier on Ronald, but he may still have to get some of these off share with the long load times.

Missing:
Onboy's Jazz

Hmm…I think I can sort of help out by bugging someone with a better connection than Ronald.

Krenkme, do you still have that Fit you tuned a while ago? Mind just passing that car to Ronald with my tune on it and with the following changes? Thanks in advance if you can help, don't worry about it if not.

Suspension- Ride Height
+15/0

LSD
Initial- 5
Accel- 10
Braking- 5

Gearbox
Final- 5.500/3.500
Ratios…can't help out. Too far away from PS3 to remember. :lol:

Hmm…I think I can sort of help out by bugging someone with a better connection than Ronald.

Krenkme, do you still have that Fit you tuned a while ago? Mind just passing that car to Ronald with my tune on it and with the following changes? Thanks in advance if you can help, don't worry about it if not.

Suspension- Ride Height
+15/0

LSD
Initial- 5
Accel- 10
Braking- 5

Gearbox
Final- 5.500/3.500

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7232927#post7232927 this ?

Suspension- Ride Height
+15/0

LSD
Initial- 5
Accel- 10
Braking- 5

Gearbox
Final- 5.500/3.500

Nope. New final gear means new ratios. I'll need to ask for favour again. :lol:

Built a Jazz for you, with the updates you wanted and this gearing:

Transmission- process as follows;
1)Set Final Gear to 5.500
2)Set Top Speed to 112mph
2)Set Final Gear to 3.500
1st=2.395
2nd=1.800
3rd=1.315
4th=1.040
5th=0.840

I hope that works for you, and it has been sent 👍

Last edited:
Built a Jazz for you, with the updates you wanted and this gearing:

Transmission- process as follows;
1)Set Final Gear to 5.500
2)Set Top Speed to 112mph
2)Set Final Gear to 3.500
1st=2.395
2nd=1.800
3rd=1.315
4th=1.040
5th=0.840

I hope that works for you, and it has been sent 👍

Thanks mate, I owe you…again. :lol: Though you know, I think I did mention somewhere that I left my car on share, complete with the new gearbox. :lol:

Just a question, is that a typo or do you mean 3.500? I listed the first final as a 5.500.

Last edited:
Onboy123
Thanks mate, I owe you…again. :lol: Though you know, I think I did mention somewhere that I left my car on share, complete with the new gearbox. :lol:

Just a question, is that a typo or do you mean 3.500? I listed the first final as a 5.500.

Opps. Missed that part :dunce:.

I don't see a typo :sly::lol:

Opps. Missed that part :dunce:.

I don't see a typo :sly::lol:

Eh, it's fine, though I might prefer to run my own gearbox since, being a shootout, it seems better to run with a car that's 100% my own work. Just mild paranoia, I suppose, but just in case.

Neither do I, I must be sniffing something when I typed that. ;) :lol:

Hey, Onboy, you're not meant to defect to the enemy!:grumpy::dopey: Well, considering your recent list of "things to do", I guess you need help getting things done before you leave for Taiwan, right?

Oh, and Despy, sign me up for testing the B group, do those tests have to be done on the same tracks, or there will be new venues?

Hey, Onboy, you're not meant to defect to the enemy!:grumpy::dopey: Well, considering your recent list of "things to do", I guess you need help getting things done before you leave for Taiwan, right?

Oh, and Despy, sign me up for testing the B group, do those tests have to be done on the same tracks, or there will be new venues?

Defecting to the enemy in what way? Me considering Krenkme's gearbox or me going to Taiwan from China? :P

And I'm there already, hence me not being able to send the car to Ronald. :lol:

Defecting to the enemy in what way? Me considering Krenkme's gearbox or me going to Taiwan from China? :P

And I'm there already, hence me not being able to send the car to Ronald. :lol:

More like the first one... :dopey: That is a bit like what Eagle did in CART in 1998, when they built a chassis and then stuck a Reynard gearbox in that chassis. That is not a real Eagle!:grumpy::dopey:

May you enjoy your short vacation in Taiwan then, sir.:cheers:

Back