War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

I must be one of the only ones playing on PS4. :P

I've also only done arcade battles. Find it annoying how some people can hit me even though they have zero line-of-sight on me based on my placement on the ground in tanks.

Gaijin reveals the American tanks during the Paris Games Week.
The first one is M2 Medium Tank.
%D0%A1%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%8B_000001ru.jpg

%D0%A1%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%8B_000080ru.jpeg

%D0%A1%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%8B_000082ru.jpeg

Is there a reason why I can't play as the US, British or Japanese? I thought I had opened up British units last night but there's a message in the game about them being unavailable to use.

Edit: And I get teamkilled while minding my own business and destroying the enemy tanks. Just great...

Last edited:
Is there a reason why I can't play as the US, British or Japanese? I thought I had opened up British units last night but there's a message in the game about them being unavailable to use.

Edit: And I get teamkilled while minding my own business and destroying the enemy tanks. Just great...
There are only Soviet and German tanks in the game.
Britain, US and Japan have only planes now. But American tanks are coming soon.

Tips for Russian planes in RB:
  • Conserve ammo
  • Start with lower tier then work your way upwards (I'd recommend starting with the LaGG-3's as they have more ammo and are a *bit* broken right now)
  • Shoot at <400m
  • Altitude is life

Well, hopefully I will soon get my first Focke Wulf, then the Germans might be able to hurt some planes too.. :P

Tips for Russian planes in RB:
  • Conserve ammo
  • Start with lower tier then work your way upwards (I'd recommend starting with the LaGG-3's as they have more ammo and are a *bit* broken right now)
  • Shoot at <400m
  • Altitude is life
Solid advise for every nation and plane, imho 👍
Well, hopefully I will soon get my first Focke Wulf, then the Germans might be able to hurt some planes too.. :P
The FW190-A4 is very, very good at hurting things! Well, that's putting it lightly, to be honest. The A4 is friggin' broken at its BR, as evidenced by the fact that 95% of German Players are flying that thing.

Last edited:
Solid advice for every nation and plane, imho 👍

The FW190-A4 is very, very good at hurting things! Well, that's putting it lightly, to be honest. The A4 is friggin' broken at its BR.
Thanks!
The A-4 however can get into the occasional high tier 3 match, where it performs... well... just like the A-5! :D

@John Wells , most are freely purchasable with ingame currency. There are certain planes, called Premiums, that aren't though. These have all upgrdes unlocked from the get-go and offer higher rewards for kills and stuff. Most of them are variations of regular planes, though there are some exceptions.

Are all the planes unlockable, as Birds Of Steel? Or do you to purchase them.
Most are unlockable to buy for in-game cash, but some are available to buy for real money, they don't need to be unlocked.

Edit: already answered. ;)

Thanks, so what are the upgrades?

I'm still enjoying Birds Of Steel, so won't be coming over to PS4, just yet.

Upgrades are certain modifications/repairs for your planes that increase their performance, sometimes drastically. Freshly purchased planes are usually in a relatively bad state of maintenance and such. Getting those upgrades boosts the plane to its historical performance, so to speak.

Some might call them pay to win elements, but it's really just a bit of a grind.

I haven't been bothered by the grind on the ground or in the air. It only helps me to adjust to using the equipment and getting better at it while waiting for the vehicle to be upgraded.

So... Mini patch. BR increases for Germany. Yay. :indiff: How is a BF109G2 equal to a F8F-1? :confused:

Edit:
Better yet, how on earth is the FW190 A5/U2 equal to a F80 jet? It... it doesn't make the least bit of sense, damnit.

shot 2014.10.28 23.45.41.jpg
Amount of damage they can do. Is the burst mass similar?

edit: also, Russian planes are so broken.. Literally!

Yeah, they're partially uptiered because of the cannons. Balancing planes solely on their armament is downright ridiculous, though. Someone flying the F80C should never, ever allow an enemy FW190 to get a firing solution. Ever. And he's got the means to avoid that.

But that's not it, really. Gaijin is balancing planes based on how well their players do, it seems. German aircraft did well in Arcade, despite fighting aircraft that have significantly better flight performance and are significantly younger - doesn't matter. And the Russian planes hae had their BR decreased. One of the most ridiculous things in the mini patch is the Russian P63 King Cobra. Exactly the same plane that's in the US tree, but its BR is lower now. For the love of Manfred von Richthofen, how could anyone possible come up with something that stupid?!

So... Mini patch. BR increases for Germany. Yay. :indiff: How is a BF109G2 equal to a F8F-1? :confused:

Edit:
Better yet, how on earth is the FW190 A5/U2 equal to a F80 jet? It... it doesn't make the least bit of sense, damnit.
It can pack 6 MG 151 20's... and can outdive it...

Soon B24 will join my bomber fleet :mischievous: Then couple more yankee fighters, namely last P-51 D variant and F8F variants and then I'll start grinding the brits.

Back