WGT1 -- final results and standings up -- Red_Leader is champion --

• Thread starter P1K3Y_M1k3Y
  • 1,355 comments

What is the earliest you could arrive on Saturday's (GMT)?

• 1pm

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • 2pm

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 3pm

• 4pm

• 5pm

• 6pm

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
I am not sure that the “one“ we have now (saying no names) will be with us next series (unless he finds out about it on his own) but I must say I am glad to see there is interest and support for another series :D

I am not sure that the “one“ we have now (saying no names) will be with us next series (unless he finds out about it on his own) but I must say I am glad to see there is interest and support for another series :D

You have 1 confirmed here.

Really enjoyed the series so far, and it's my 1st one :)

The GTP_ tag is for official GTP events, like the WRS (Weekly Race Series) -- So technically this is my 2nd... but the WRS changes every week so its different to a normal series.

The GTP_ tag is for official GTP events, like the WRS (Weekly Race Series) -- So technically this is my 2nd... but the WRS changes every week so its different to a normal series.

Ahh I see :D

Just spoke to nifty on the fone he's been working in Orkney this week and flying back this afternoon and he says he will make the race and quali but no time for practice.

Just spoke to nifty on the fone he's been working in Orkney this week and flying back this afternoon and he says he will make the race and quali but no time for practice.

OK mate no worries, hopefuly he will get here in time, does he know if he doesn't make it in time for spec check he will not be allowed to qualify?

I have my lounge set up ready for qualifying already. As always if people could try to get here as soon as they can incase of network issues :nervous:

Good race tonight guys 👍 and well done and thanks to all that finished :cheers:

Really happy with my 1st win and what a place to do it :D definatly my most consistent so far, except with one incident.
Sorry to Glen for getting him tangled while trying to recover but I didn't realise you were so close :(

Had my old friend the sticky Acc pedal from lap 21 onwards. It really doesn't like Monaco. From then on I was stuck doing 33s and 34s with little confidence to attack the corners. But happy to finally ditch the handicap.

Good win Mikey.

Good race tonight guys 👍 and well done and thanks to all that finished :cheers:

Really happy with my 1st win and what a place to do it :D definatly my most consistent so far, except with one incident.
Sorry to Glen for getting him tangled while trying to recover but I didn't realise you were so close :(

Great result mikey.👍.no worries about the tangle.:crazy:.when i picked a side you were reversing to the other.I left without saving the replay :ouch: like a fool..apologies to the stewards..The biggest kick in the stones was ending up in the pits on lap 9,threw my whole race of, 5 stops and to many costly incidents..2nd last stint i put on r/hards to try and see me to the end..could've done..but no,i decide to pit on lap 70 for mediums..in 6th place, thinking i got nothing to lose..shoot for the latest fasted lap..left the pits couldnt drive for ****, lost a place to tk..fought right to the end..race over.
However, the Nurb next week..home track..plenty practice this week..i'm excited already.:sly:
Well done to all tonight!

I didn't want to get 3rd and -2pp to next race - but it's ok. I was litte wonder during the race what Red is doing and he even let me pass him :) Now i understand what was the problem.
I did 4 pitstop and race went well. It was hard - even harder than my F1 race in there (WRS formula 1 series).
Now some rest few days and then back to work practicing Nurburg :)
Well done everyone.

I didn't want to get 3rd and -2pp to next race - but it's ok. I was litte wonder during the race what Red is doing and he even let me pass him :) Now i understand what was the problem.
I did 4 pitstop and race went well. It was hard - even harder than my F1 race in there (WRS formula 1 series).
Now some rest few days and then back to work practicing Nurburg :)
Well done everyone.
Yeah, when my pedal started to stick and your were behind me I thought it would be best if I let you past. I possibly could have defended for a few laps but it seemed a bit mean. You had good pace and I definitely didn't want 3rd!

PROVISIONAL RACE RESULTS

ROUND 7 -- MONACO

monacoraceres.png

Results will be made official tomorrow and any warnings / penalties will be handed out.

Points tables will be published along with official results.​

@gtpcaine :cheers: mate great help 👍

I have RS stopping d times (1st being drive through) as most race results come from the track sensors and the pit sensor doesn't know the difference between drive through and pit stop 👍

Yeah I was going to put 5, but decided to go with the actual number of stops. You can put as you please for official results :)

Practicing online for Nurb 24hr is so tedious! By the time I have done the outlap my tyres aren't tip top anymore. So my first timed lap (the 2nd actual lap) isn't really a true representation of my pace. And then come the 3rd lap the tyres are definitely dropping off. So basically I have a 1 lap window to gauge my pace from which takes me almost 16.5 minutes to discover. So yeah, very time consuming.

Unrelated but I only used ~155L of fuel at Monaco in the end!

To be honest i was unhappy with my setup/drivingskills from the beginning
I prefer a neutral steering car better then a understeering one anyday
And i was understeering as my life was depending on it
I understand if i get penalized in the chicane as i know i did not have 2 tyres on the track at all time.
But that is up to the stewards ;) wink wink
one of the hardest races i ever took part in with great competition
And still hoping to get more competitive....
See you on the track

Practicing online for Nurb 24hr is so tedious! By the time I have done the outlap my tyres aren't tip top anymore. So my first timed lap (the 2nd actual lap) isn't really a true representation of my pace. And then come the 3rd lap the tyres are definitely dropping off. So basically I have a 1 lap window to gauge my pace from which takes me almost 16.5 minutes to discover. So yeah, very time consuming.

Unrelated but I only used ~155L of fuel at Monaco in the end!

Let ur b-spec driver do the outlap..and go for a cigar and a cuppa :sly: and then knock out an 8 minute flat! 👍

Let ur b-spec driver do the outlap..and go for a cigar and a cuppa :sly: and then knock out an 8 minute flat! 👍
That's maybe not a bad idea but I bet the auto drive take absolutely ages to do a lap. Like 20/30mins? I might turn around after leaving the pits and drive back along the straight and start my own timed flying lap. Seriously considering stopping every two laps; a 6 stopper.

I still can't believe I threw it away with 3 to go.... :banghead: Not that it would have mattered championship wise, but still!

Yeah its along way at 30mph...i can't quite remember but i think in pre-season i was on a 4 lap stint..but yeah only 1 flying lap per stint..hope its dry..Caine, was it a crash that cost you the race?

Yeah its along way at 30mph...i can't quite remember but i think in pre-season i was on a 4 lap stint..but yeah only 1 flying lap per stint..hope its dry..Caine, was it a crash that cost you the race?

Yup, clipped the barrier on exit of chicane, spun me round and Mike flew past, managed a quick recovery but burnt a large chunk of rubber pulling away... which I really needed in the last 3 laps. Just didn't have the grip to fight back :(

Yeah, my only consolation is that I wasn't expecting to win! I knew on full fuel I could be as fast as Mike, but from practice on Thursday, Mike's pace on low fuel was amazing! I was lucky in quali with my lap, the gap wasn't a true representation of pace.

My original plan was to 5 stop based on tyre wear in practice, but I knew Mike was only 3 stopping... meaning I had to pull about a minute gap on him to beat him. I was lucky at the start, with RS's penalty putting me in clear air, and with a little gap behind so I didn't have to worry about defending. I was still going to 5 stop right up until lap 13, when I decided to change to a 4 stopper. My tyres weren't dropping off as fast as expected and a 4 stop would mean I only needed 30 seconds over Mike. The big surprise for me was Jammy, you kept me honest for pace, had me worried for most of the race. It wasn't until the final stint when he started to drop back a little.

In-between mine + Mike's stops, I saw the positions yo-yoing and it wasn't until we both had 1 stop each to make I finally knew where I was. Managed to catch up to Mike and pass around the outside of Tabac which was very satisfying! :D I knew once I was infront I was in better shape as I was doing less laps on my final stint. I came out of the pits right infront of Mike and it was a sprint to the finish. I managed to open a gap of just under 5 seconds, and kept saying to myself don't over-drive it... but as the tyres started to wear on lighter fuel, I eventually made a mistake and a costly one. Like I said before, after my burnout recovery using the last of the grip that was race over. I knew if I had gotten a whiff of Mike going up the hill or through the tunnel the position would have been mine, but just couldn't get close enough!

Back