WGT1 -- final results and standings up -- Red_Leader is champion --

• Thread starter P1K3Y_M1k3Y
  • 1,355 comments

What is the earliest you could arrive on Saturday's (GMT)?

• 1pm

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • 2pm

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 3pm

• 4pm

• 5pm

• 6pm

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
Ahhhh,the joys of racing..almost the same scenario for me trying to pass Tk on the last 4-5 laps thought i woulda had him no probs but the car just wasn't pulling the same plus the 2pp difference..should've stayed on the hards till the end and kept 6th (damage limitation) i blame your trophies..lol..

The Hard Charger Award
This award is for the most overall positions gained during the race:​
gold.png
P1K3Y_M1K3Y (-4)
silver.png
Red_Leader - Niftyshifty2 (-2)
bronze.png
TK_Hansen (-1)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Jump Start Award
This award is for the most positions gained by the first corner:​
gold.png
Glen-Alz-81 - RS__96__o0 - TK_Hansen (-1)
silver.png
N/A
bronze.png
N/A
The Green Peace Award
This award is for the least amount of tyres used during the race and highest finishing position:​
gold.png
P1K3Y_M1K3Y (3 stops -- 1st)
silver.png
Niftyshifty2 (3 stops -- 8th)
bronze.png
GTP_Caine (4 stops -- 2nd)
The What Fuel Load? Award
This award is for the earliest fastest lap for the overall race:​
gold.png
RS__96__o0 (1'31.575 -- lap 4)
silver.png
P1K3Y_M1K3Y (1'32.245 -- lap 4)
bronze.png
Glen-Alz-81 (1'32.216 -- lap 5)
The Home Stretch Award
This award is for the latest fastest lap for the overall race:​
gold.png
Jam_my21 (1'32.196 -- lap 51)
silver.png
Niftyshifty2 (1'35.660 -- lap 30)
bronze.png
GTP_Caine (1'31.850 -- lap 19)
The Shortcut Award
This award is for the overall fastest lap:​
gold.png
RS__96__o0 (1'31.575)
silver.png
GTP_Caine (1'31.850)
bronze.png
Jam_my21 (1'32.196)

You should know better :)
Ok, Monaco is one of my favorit track because it doesn't give you anything free, it's a technical, difficult and demanding track. I would love do heavy damaged race here :)
... The big surprise for me was Jammy, you kept me honest for pace, had me worried for most of the race. It wasn't until the final stint when he started to drop back a little...

looool..thats new info for me...didn't know i put hards on again.....that'll explain why i couldn't pass tk! :banghead:

Glen, you really didn´t have the race you wanted, huh? 👎
Whereas I gotta say, that I also fu:censored: up my race with crashing into nearly every single wall towards the end.. Really produced a lot of **** there :ouch: But as I said, I hope I get Nurburgring right, then maybe I can catch up with Caine in the ratings :drool::confused:

Yep,for sure rs..didn't quite turn out the way i would've liked.:(.trying to find a positive about monaco but i don't think i've got one..but never mind,home track next week and i shall be more prepared than any other race this season :sly:

Same here, but I don´t want to talk too much about preparations, laters I´ll crash again the whole race lol :lol:
But at least it´s my home track, too. And not only in game, I actually live beside the Nurburgring! :cheers: So I´m looking forward to the race :)

I'm looking forward to the race, but not expecting anything great. The Viper isn't the best car to sling around the ring -- despite it taking the production lap record IRL, plus my PP penalty, it's not as much as Mike, but to me, the Viper seems very susceptible to pp reductions.

I'm hoping being consistent will be enough for me, but judging by past events... it wont! :lol:

I've not really bothered too much about strategy in previous races but I'm going all out for this one. Hope it's dry, otherwise all my workings out have been for nothing!

I wasn't gonna say anything until Mike posts the tables, but congrats on the series win Rob! 👍 Well deserved. The best thing is, the gap between us is exactly the points I lost to you at Daytona + Spa, races which I should have won! Would have made an epic finale had they gone my way! But, you have been consistent and fast so its only fair it goes to you!

So really, apart from bragging rights, the extra effort you are putting in for the finale is a waste of time! :lol:

Nethertheless, should be a good race! Bring it on!

I wasn't gonna say anything until Mike posts the tables, but congrats on the series win Rob! 👍 Well deserved. The best thing is, the gap between us is exactly the points I lost to you at Daytona + Spa, races which I should have won! Would have made an epic finale had they gone my way! But, you have been consistent and fast so its only fair it goes to you!

So really, apart from bragging rights, the extra effort you are putting in for the finale is a waste of time! :lol:

lol..don't wan't rob to practice too much, or the likleyhood being he's finished before we've started..lol

Thanks. Yep, I realised after Saturday I couldn't be caught anymore.

Hmm. It's certainly a theory the Daytona/Spa thing but don't forget both would have come with additional pp handicap which could well have affected your subsequent race results. And similarly I would have had less handicap for the subsequent races so I might well have done better in those. And where would Mikey be without the races he missed? He's only 16pts behind you now and that's with two less race scores than you! So yeah, I think your maybe not quite as close to leading as you think.

I acknowledge the Ford has been a very good car in the end. It seemed almost immune to the pp handicaps. Gets probably the best fuel economy and maybe the second best tyre wear after the R8. I wish there had been other GTs taking part to see what percentage was the car and what percentage was me. But I am pleased with the limited amount of mistakes I have made.

It's nothing to do with bragging I just like to do my best. I'm not bothered about extra practice I just wanted to mathematically work out the optimum pit strategy this week. Which I have done. For me, it's a 4 stopper.

Hi guys, my PC is back up and running now at last :D

I am going to get to work and post all the official results from Monaco and get everything up to date ahead of the finale this weekend 👍

I will also like to congratulate ROB on taking the title, Also I would guess (not done the maths yet) that we can confirm Ferrari as the winning manufacturer 👍

Thanks. Shame you missed those two races and IWIN quit. I think we all would have been very close going in to the final race.

Any weather news to report?

Thanks. Shame you missed those two races and IWIN quit. I think we all would have been very close going in to the final race.

Any weather news to report?

Yea big shame would have made a close end to the season :D

I haven't looked at the weather yet but I will be doing the next event info shortly 👍

LAST EVENT REPORT

This section will give you all the details of the previous session including test sessions.
RACE 7 Monaco
RESULTS AND REPORTS

QUALIFYING

monaco-quali-jpg.82667

RACE

monaco-race-jpg.82668

INCIDENTS

Nothing to report this week.
great driving guys 👍

Congratulations to M1K3Y for your win
A very big well done to all that finished the race
As always a big thanks to all that attended
:cheers:

CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS

After Monaco the standings look like this:

Drivers.JPG

As you can see with only one race left Red_Leader cannot be caught and so is crowned champion with one race left.
Congratulations to ROB for taking both the drivers and independents title's.

Independants.JPG

Teams.JPG

I am pleased to say the teams championship is still up for grabs and could be taken by any of the top 3 teams :D

Manufacturer.JPG

As for the Manufacturer title we can safely say Ferrari has that in the bag ;)

ROUND 8 THIS WEEKEND
THE FINALE

THE GREEN HELL
NURBURGRING 24h

View attachment 82682 View attachment 82683

WEATHER REPORT

At the time of typing this post it looks clear for the whole race.

TRACK LIMITS

As always the track limits are defined by the white line.
If you can't see a white line then 2 wheels on the black tarmac at all times.

PIT LANE
ENTRY

The pit entry is on the right hand side as you enter the start/finish straight on the GP part of the circuit. If you get the entry wrong you will be faced with a barrier.

EXIT

As you exit the pit lane there is a white line that you must stay to the right of until it ends.

PRACTICE

I will be hosting a pre-race practice session on Thursday's from 6pm for all that can get there. For those that can't attend this please fine 3-4 hours to practice yourself. Please limit your practice to this amount of time to be fair to all others as not everyone has the same amount of time to practice 👍

RACE DAY

On race day my private lounge will be open by 5.30pm with spec checks at 6:10pm
Please arrive early to avoid last minuet connection issues
IF YOU MISS SPEC CHECKS YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO QUALIFY SO PLEASE ARRIVE ON TIME!
Qualifying is from 6:15pm-6:45pm
If you know you will miss spec checks for qualifying please make sure you tell me if you will be there for the start of the race as I will be hosting a public lounge set to allow the amount of drivers that qualified.
Public race room will be open by 6:50 and all drivers will be expected to get there as quickly as possible so we can get another spec check done before race start at 7pm :D

PP PENALTIES

M1K3Y -18pp 569pp
GTP_Caine - 4pp 600pp
Jam_my21 -2pp 593pp​

As we are now heading to the final race of the series I am starting to think more about the 1st series to be held on GT6.

The most prominent changes will be the cars and the track list and 2 tier championship.
With more GT race cars to be available in GT6 I would like to use these.
The new tracks will be made up of real world tracks again but as there are more with change time/weather (supposed to be live to real track information) we will probably use these where we can.
The championship will be split into 2 categories with a PRO and an AM title to fight for. Drivers will be split depending on performance in the pre-season testing by way of points system.

I would like some feedback of your experience in this 1st series and if there is anything you would like to see changed please let me know and I will see whats what next week and attempt to get an interest check thread open as soon as I can (link will be posted in this thread) 👍

Last edited:
As I have been sat on GTPlanet all day with not a lot to do I decided to work on a sign up thread for the next series to be held on GT6 in the new year.

I would like you guys that would be interested to get your names in and get the numbers up :D

it is called the World GT Championship (WGTC). Go check it out 👍

Any good feedback and change's from this series would be considered for the next series 👍

Gonna be there for testing tomorrow 👍
Well yeah, also congratulations from me, Rob! Your pace was just incredible in the races :bowdown:

Weekend race: what kind of track time you're going to use? Starting time and time progress? Any night ride?
Is weather still clear and sunny?

Weekend race: what kind of track time you're going to use? Starting time and time progress? Any night ride?
Is weather still clear and sunny?

Time will be set so the race starts around 13:00 game time and will be set to progress 12 for a full 24 hour cycle within the 2 hours. Weather is still expected to be dry so will probably go with 25% changeability 0 👍

Back