What are you watching?

• Thread starter Blackbird.
  • 4,842 comments
Newbie here...

I was looking through YT about two weeks ago and came across some Jimmy Carr stand ups.. Then I found 8 Out of 10 Cats and have started watching them all...
I don't get any other BBC productions other than Top Gear which I heavily enjoy, but I can't seem to stop laughing at the three and the guests.. It's funny after watching all the episodes when Jon first joined all the way to now, seeing how Jimmy and Sean always dogged on him about his "relationships" and what not.

Other than that, Kitchen Nightmares when it's on, Top Gear, NBC Nightly News, Mike & Mike (ESPN radio talk show), and anything with wheels and goes fast... which is coming to an end fast..

Newbie here...

I was looking through YT about two weeks ago and came across some Jimmy Carr stand ups.. Then I found 8 Out of 10 Cats and have started watching them all...
I don't get any other BBC productions other than Top Gear which I heavily enjoy, but I can't seem to stop laughing at the three and the guests.. It's funny after watching all the episodes when Jon first joined all the way to now, seeing how Jimmy and Sean always dogged on him about his "relationships" and what not.

Other than that, Kitchen Nightmares when it's on, Top Gear, NBC Nightly News, Mike & Mike (ESPN radio talk show), and anything with wheels and goes fast... which is coming to an end fast..

Well.... since you mentioned Jimmy Carr.... let's throw Frankie Boyle in there.

Also, another BBC production you might like is Mock the Week.

Watched the first three episodes of Arrow. Started watching The Flash and decided to catch up on Arrow to be less confused because the shows are pretty connected. Gonna catch up on Arrow before watching The Flash again.

Watched the first three episodes of Arrow. Started watching The Flash and decided to catch up on Arrow to be less confused because the shows are pretty connected. Gonna catch up on Arrow before watching The Flash again.
Good call. This week's Flash was a complete crossover episode.

Good call. This week's Flash was a complete crossover episode.
That's what we figured judging from the title. So I'm glad we started to watch Arrow. I'm not too worries about falling behind on The Flash.

Also, did another round of Arrow binge watching. Once again, 3 episodes.

Last edited:
As a long time Balladeer/Dukes of Hazzard fan I was excited to be watching "Moonrunners" this evening.

Wow!

What a terrible film. I'd never even heard of it, can't imagine why... :D

Last night I started watching a few episodes of Alaska Off-Road Warriors that I had stored on the DVR.
So far it is pretty good show.

Screenshot_2014-12-11-03-32-18.png
Screenshot_2014-12-11-03-32-27.png

Episodes 11, 12 and 13 of Arrow. So still more than 40 episodes to catch up on before we start watching The Flash again.

I've started watching House of Cards, but I have to admit that I really struggled with it as large parts of it rely on the US political system. But then I realised that at its heart, it's essentially an adaptation of King Richard III, and my understanding improved dramatically.

I've started watching House of Cards, but I have to admit that I really struggled with it as large parts of it rely on the US political system. But then I realised that at its heart, it's essentially an adaptation of King Richard III, and my understanding improved dramatically.
It's also an Americanized version of a 1990's British show if you want a version you might be able to associate with.

It's also an Americanized version of a 1990's British show if you want a version you might be able to associate with.
Oh, I'm following along just fine now. Once I made the connection to Richard III, the nuances of the American political system stopped bothering me.

I caught parts of "Person of Interest" last night, and while I liked what I saw, the series' mythology seems a little complex. Is it worth investing my time in?

As the last significant event before 2014 closes (I still have 10 minutes left), I did another archive binge of Arrow. Now we have 3 episodes left of Season 1. I'll finish up Season 1 next year.

"Plonk"

Three guys set out to make a television programme about winemaking, which is little more than an excuse to visit expensive restaurants and pick up women. Thoroughly pleased with themselves for having misled their producer, they soon realise they have a major problem - the show is absolutely boring and their producer has seen through their act, saddling them with her idiot son to make sure they cannot do exactly what they have been planning to do all along.

Back