What are you watching?

• Thread starter Blackbird.
  • 4,842 comments
Chuck
A friend suggested this because I liked Alias and this is a perfect replacement for Alias. Plus it has Hanna Mckay from Dexter. :D

Chuck is fantastic! It is a shame NBC kept jerking them around so much on will they/won't they cancel the show.

And from what I understand, without the expected death of Sean Bean. :dopey: I have only watched the Pilot episode, but have the rest on the DVR to watch.

My British friend also just introduced me to Sherlock. Wonderful show! Now I have more than enough shows to keep me busy through the winter.

I rewatched the film October Sky for the first time in several years today. I remembered it as being good, but it's really incredible. One of the very few films that I would give 5 stars/10 out of 10 to. Not many films can make me tear up, and there are very few that will do it the second or third time I watch it. I got really emotional watching this today. If you have a spare 2 hours, I cannot tell you how much you should watch this film.

I've been trying to get into "Homeland", but I'm struggling with the way it aims for realism and then has a character as unstable as Carrie Matheson looking after national security.

Then I realised it all makes sense if you watch Baz Luhrmann's ROMEO + JULIET, and stop it after Romeo dies but before Juliet does, and then start "Homeland".

Youtube - Friday the 13th 20 minute kill montage. Some hilarious stuff. The boxer who gets his head punched off, cracks me up everytime.

Gotham, same guy behind the Mentalist and it's in good hands, loving it so far.
I've found it particularly cringeworthy, particularly due to these kinds of scenes.

i-hjJh2gv-1050x10000.jpg

The first episode was a bit like that yes, but it does get better from there on.
I agree, but I think there should be a lot less philosophizing by young Bruce Wayne.

They had a great chance to create a police procedural based in the DC universe, but instead they chose to make it Batman: Year One without Batman. Maybe its because I am a comic fan and know the stories already, but I clearly see where they took Year One stuff and then tried to cram it within their self-constrained framework. Their decision to include the pre-Batman Bruce Wayne as a regular character does it no favors, but you can't have Gotham without Batman apparently.

I'm sticking with it, but I think they had the opportunity to make this one of two great shows and chose to do something somewhere in the middle. I would love to see what the original concept for this was, because it feels like a good idea that is being overproduced.

I agree, but I think there should be a lot less philosophizing by young Bruce Wayne.

They had a great chance to create a police procedural based in the DC universe, but instead they chose to make it Batman: Year One without Batman. Maybe its because I am a comic fan and know the stories already, but I clearly see where they took Year One stuff and then tried to cram it within their self-constrained framework. Their decision to include the pre-Batman Bruce Wayne as a regular character does it no favors, but you can't have Gotham without Batman apparently.

I'm sticking with it, but I think they had the opportunity to make this one of two great shows and chose to do something somewhere in the middle. I would love to see what the original concept for this was, because it feels like a good idea that is being overproduced.

Can't argue with that, I'm liking the chemistry between Harvey and Gordon though.

I do not know how I got this far into the weird section of youtube.

Think it was when I took a right on one of them borderlands videos about corrosive weapons.

Chuck
Started watching this last month and I am TRULY enjoying this show. Already through the first season. It really was the perfect replacement for Alias. The best part about Chuck is that this show seems to be focused 95% around humor. :)

I would highly recommend Chuck to anyone. Had NBC not advertised it like it just slightly above a dead cat, then it would have been exposed to a larger audience. I guess NBC learned nothing, as they just repeated that with Community, another outstanding show that I would recommend to anyone.

A good friend suggested Sherlock, Supernatural, the Walking Dead to me. I finished Sherlock, couple episodes into Supernatural and finished season 1 of the Walking Dead.

A good friend suggested Sherlock, Supernatural, the Walking Dead to me. I finished Sherlock, couple episodes into Supernatural and finished season 1 of the Walking Dead.

Supernatural is awesome, only seen about 3 seasons though, they're well into season 1 million by now.

My British friend also just introduced me to Sherlock. Wonderful show! Now I have more than enough shows to keep me busy through the winter.
Damn, Sherlock is a great programme, three short series.

Currently keeping pace with Constantine (the series.)

Aren't series great to have a entertaining night without having to worry about time constraints or falling asleep mid movie?

We're into the 1st series of Mad men right now, and so far it has been a quality show 👍

Back