What did you buy today?

• Thread starter Azure Flare
  • 1,172 comments
Took the plunge and bought the Ferrari 250 GT road car. Right up my alley in terms of car type and performance but boooooooy was it pricey.

I enjoy my Bugatti Veyron too. It's an amazing road car. Nordschleife at full pelt is quite an experience!
The reason people hate it is because of what they think it should be. "Oh its the fastest road car, but it cant turn". It actually turns very well if you take into account its size and weight! Does the thrust ssc turn? Not very well, so why question this car, look at the facts and if you have any admiration or technological understanding, it is a good car.

The reason people hate it is because of what they think it should be. "Oh its the fastest road car, but it cant turn". It actually turns very well if you take into account its size and weight! Does the thrust ssc turn? Not very well, so why question this car, look at the facts and if you have any admiration or technological understanding, it is a good car.

And it's a boat load of fun!

Not saying it's actually a boat... Though it drives like one, but it's not... Still loads of fun!

'54 Corvette in white. Never got around to getting one in GT5 and haven't touched one since GT4.

Interesting how PD chose the 2-speed AT transmission over the 3-speed manual.

TZ3 Stradale: Quite the amount of understeer, but very neutral anyway.
Cobra 427 S/C Chromeline: More useable than the normal Cobra 427 thanks to this thing known as a 5th gear.
2nd SRT Viper GTS: Another example of this excellent machine from Detroit, this time in Stryker Red.
Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline: Useless but a peculiar bit of automotive history.
Hudson Hornet "Mario Andretti" '48: Bought it for the lulz and because I wasn't there for the seasonal in december.
Nissan Leaf G: Read the Jalopnik article about Nissan's remark on Tesla and bought one for some reason.
Tajima E-Runner: Dat Acceleration.

ferrari_250_gt_berlinetta_passo_corto_cn_2521__61_by_gt6_garage-d7asuso.png

Yay! Finally decided to collect money for this beauty. Next stop, the 20.000.000 GTO!

So I sold a heaps of cars ingame and did some grinding and brought myself a Sauber C9. It's still a wild ride with a good tune under it especially at ten tenths. :)

I'm not fast but geez it's got character.

You poke the bull you'll get the horns

TVR T350C '03

TVR_T350C_03.jpg

Drives great ... Sounds great .... but has standard car jaggies !!! ... so sprayed it Deep Marine Blue to disguise the worst of them ... great fun though 👍

Toyota TS020 '99, because Tsuchiya. It's strange... some of the decals are nice and crisp, but the rest of the car is rather *bleh*.

My name is XJ220 - and that is why I drink.

I bought a ...

Jaguar XJ220 in Emerald Green - then fitted some wheels... and painted them in Emerald Green too.

No Incar view - which isn't an issue as I race (Okay I pootle about like a pensioner!) in classic GT view with no map or driver lists and once I know the car I turn the dials off too.

Ran at Jack Rabbit Springs it ran well, very good at the high speed sweeper, but for some reason it isn't that quick to get up to speed... it seemed.
1m19.3 best lap and a race time of 11m30.6
Good enough to run out of fuel on the final straight and get pipped by the Pagani "Why Ra?" of Rosati by 0.3 of a second. (Rotter!)

Fairly easy on tyres, but As I painted the car with "St Patricks" colours I found it was a bit of a drinker... 20 extra litres of ... lets say Guinness... that's 35 and a quarter pints! (Quarter pint glasses are the cutest thing ever!

And still my twin turbo Mini Metro engine wanted more.

Enjoyable car though... and you can remove the rear wing - but it does look a bit dopey if you do.

Back