What did you buy today?

• Thread starter Azure Flare
  • 1,172 comments
Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe.
A lot nicer than I expected.
Even took it to the Nürburg 24.
Very easy win, no pitstops necessary. Racing hards still 10/10 and 1/3 of the fuel tank left after finishing.
Nice interior also...

Got a Ferrari F40

I hoped I could lop off the rear wing... no dice.
Painted it in Crimson Starmist and bolted on some "thick" 3 spoke wheels and painted them in Crimson Starmist too.

Ran it at Jack Rabbits Springs International Raceway. But had a huge crash... ran wide at the sweeper, looped through the dirt to get to the pit lane... but there was a ditch and my car was launched... Ended up the wrong way, the last 4 laps of the race my car was mashed up - no deformations but a very clever layering effect on the surface of the car. (Do not try this at home - Your Ferrari Warranty will be invalidated)

Nice sound, Tall gearbox. Car was a bit eager and twitchy in corners. On Worn tyres this nervous behaviour transforms the Ferrari into a car that is all too willing to leap off the nice grippy tarmac and straight to the scene of your next accident.

Hard work, But, much fun.

I purchased.....

Honda NSX Type R '02
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R (FD) '02
Mazda Miata (not sure what model or year)
Honda S2000 (also not sure of model or year)

Of course I already had these great cars. But I bought them again and performed oil changes. These cars will remain stock. A new enjoyment I recently discovered is driving completely stock cars, against people also driving stock cars.

TVR Cerbera Speed 6
In Reflex Purple

Never liked it that much - Always preferred the classic look of the Griffith to the Cerbera.

Car is okay - After the F40, it does feel like it was built with lashings of understeer - But it is a solid runner and none of the trim has fallen off yet.

Spoon S2000 Race Car '00

Yet another car from previous GT games I've missed until now in GT6. Still as fun and fast as I remember. <3

I bought the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP '10 Team Total. It was favourite car in GT5 so tonight decided to splash out. I went straight to 24m of Le Mans and blitzed the competition by 43s+. It was like we were never apart...

Last edited:
Did a bit of grinding on RB events to grab a Matte Black GT86 Concept '09, to then sell it again. (Was just after the paint chip.)

I finally bought a Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package (great car, and it gave me a nice matte black paint), and a Mazda Demio, which seems to be rather competitive in the lower racing classes. However, that stupid cvt transmission ruins it.👎

This time, I consulted the thread consisting of cars you can win rather than buy. I did my research and looked at two cars to spend my 2.9M Credits on. The choice I eventually made was to get this car...

...the 2011 Audi R18 TDI Prototype

Maybe I'm paying too much attention to the horsepower, but this race car handles very well and has great power. There are two other racing machines I am looking to add to my collection in the future. I'll mostly just try to make some money in the Super races to help build up funds.

Since I mentioned cars I could earn in other ways, I ended up selling the Red Bull Junior car I had in my collection. I'll try to earn it again.

I almost bought Forza 4... With a huge guilt pressing hard in my chest, I had it in my hands as I walked to the cashier.

....You almost lost a 15 year fan PD if it wasn't for the fact that I wanted Dead Space 3 more...

(I'm so afraid of liking Forza)

Last edited:
ferrari_250_gto_cn_3729gt__62_by_gt6_garage-d7c4njb.png

Finally saved money for this car. =)

Today I bought:

/ Mazda RX500 '70
/ Renault Mégane RS '08
/ Renault R8 Gordini '66
/ Monster Sport E-RUNNER Pikes Peak Special Yakima '12.

Last edited:
I did'nt buy them yet but I am debating on two cars which I have yet to purchase. The Ford GT40 Mk I, or the Shelby Daytona Coupe. I have four and a half million I just saved up and don't know which one to get.

I just put my codes in for my 15th AE cars and I took them both for a test drive, I love them both but I would rather the stock exhaust on the ford, it sounds funny. I will check back and let you all know which one I chose to buy.

All bought to test lap times on nurburgring to see which was fastest for me. Corvette is so far in lead, can't get others to break its time.

-Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
-Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package '12
-Nissan GT-R Black edition '12 (quickly modified into little tuner car like RE Amemiya and amuse 350z)
-Honda NSX Type R '92

I'm buying and testing 6 cars/day all on Circuit de la Sarthe 2013, trying to get every car in the game tested here. Im 48 cars into this goal, and having a blast! I use a random number generator to pick the cars so I'm not stuck buying 70 Skylines in a row. Today I bought/tested

Ford GT LM SPEC-II Test Car- 3:40.556
Amuse Carbon R (R34) '04- 4:00.805
Honda S2000 '06- 4:03.158
Acura NSX Concept '13- 4:07.829
Honda NSX Type S '99- 4:34.554
Honda NSX Type S '97- 4:38.553

Apparently the Number generator likes NSXs, though I'm not really complaining.

Okay, so I managed this today:
IMG_20140402_163212.jpg

So to reward myself, I bough a Lexus LFA Nurburgring package '12 and a Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C2). No pictures of them, but you know what they look like :lol:.

I finally had enough for a 787B. After I bought it, I took a picture of it to go next to my Takahashi Brothers and Mad Mike pictures in my rotary shrine.

A bit unwell again here so i've let future son in law rack me up some credits for me with the old red bulls ... and in return my garage now has his 3 fav cars ... the FXX / Huayra / & a Veyron ... He's a happy chappy and i got a shed load of credits :)

Back