What does PD have to do to keep you from buying an xbox?

With the new Forza coming to xbox, I imagine PD will have to come up with some kind of extreme response or lose a lot of its base especially since many people have xbox and ps3, and I'll be the first to say that the new Forza looks amazing. They're doing everything right that PD did wrong.

So I really have been wondering what kind of DLC or new content PD is going to release in response to Forza Motorsports. It would have to be kinda extreme to even remotely keep up. Sorry to say. I am a GT fanboy but I'm also honest.

So what would you need out of Gran Turismo to keep you playing after Forza comes out?

PD don't have to do anything for me as I'm never getting an xbox even if the GT series was to be axed :lol:

Nothing at all. Forza can NEVER beat Gran Turismo. The cars on Forza look like standards on GT5 and Forza has worse physics than anything.

Probably. FM3 didn't seem to know if it was a Sim or an Arcade game where as GT has both options.

unless they bring out an updated xbox im not very interested, I use the ps3 for media mostly (damn awesome media player with 1080p hdmi through my pioneer receiver).
If they bring out a $199 xbox thats not the 4gb version might also be interested, most people have both consoles already and if they have only 1 are not likely to switch for 1 game unless they are unhappy with the console overall.

Don't get me wrong I'll still be getting FM4 even though this series eats it for breakfast.

PD doesn't have to do anything. I don't want an XBOX unless I really want to experience this system and all it has to offer. The assumption for a thread like this is that Gran Turismo is so disappointing that I want to trade my PS3 or get an XBOX 360. Only reason I'd want to get an XBOX 360 is if I want to play XBOX titles while still enjoying my PS3... including the Forza Motorsport series. Of course, real racing fans appreciate all racing games regardless of console exclusives.

Forza 4 is looking impressive as it is, but for a guy who's played Gran Turismo for only one month, I'm not selling my PS3 or saving up for an XBOX 360 just because I'm somehow disappointed with GT5. I would need to be completely dissatisfied with GT and/or the PS3 so much that I'm somehow wanting to play a different console. That hasn't happened yet, and it may never happen. So again- PD doesn't have to do a damn thing to have me jumping ship. I love Gran Turismo too much to consider myself loyal to some other franchise. That may have sounded too "fanboyish," but I am hard to disappoint in regards to Gran Turismo.

Yeah, I just got my GameInformer and the graphics, looked pretty damn good to me, was that a Mosler Photon, or MT900? C'mon PD, get with it - they probably have a Gumpert Apollo too!

I haven't owned an XBOX 360, but I did enjoy Forza Motorsports on XBOX. Nothing wrong with mixing it up a bit.

Nothing much cause:

My wheel is not compatible with the xbox.
I don't have an xbox.
I'm not willing to pay for monthly access fee.
I don't want to constantly fork out money for dlc to 'be' at the latest version with everything.
Physics.
My favourite car, MR2 G-Limited '97.
I just play GT5 on the PS3.
GT5 will be around for a while.
GT Planet.

Too late, getting an xbox, deal was too good to let pass. I will keep my PS3 as my main system for now though and GT will always be over Forza. It would help if PD added some premium cars and had a new game within 3 years

Don't turn it into a this ones better then that one argument. Gran Turismo and Forza are all about cars, driving and MAXIMUM HORSEPOWER!!!

If you can play both of them great, good for you. If you can't that is your choice or unfortunate.

Only if Forza 4 gets AMAZING reviews will I be interested.

But, if it has:

- better, more consistent art/sound direction
- more interesting or varied tracks
- a challenging, rewarding offline career mode (not grinding)
- extensive leaderboards
- great online racing
- better menus/navigation (saving my time)
- "good enough" physics

then I might use it as an excuse to get an X-Box.

If PD can implement a good leaderboard/downloadable ghost system, and keeps adding interesting new content with Seasonals, I'll probably stick with GT. Otherwise I'll always be on the lookout for another racing game...

I'm baffled as to why PD hasn't been adding new cars as DLC. Seems like a no-brainer cash cow to me??

Nothing, one game isn't going to decide if I want an Xbox or not. My PS3 suits me quite well. Forza 4 does look amazing though, PD could use a few pointers from Forza 4.

Ill be getting it. PD cant do anything to keep my interest anymore. I have not touched gt5 in weeks. So...basically what PD with gt5 was enough to steer me away. Shift2 and now Forza have my attention. I wont be trading in my ps3 though. I love it.

Even though there was a couple people that sold their PS3's and GT5 because they were disappointed( a majority being idiots) I'm probably never getting a xbox, as Turn 10 will never make the Forza series sell as much as GT or make it a simulator like GT. A perfect GT game won't come out until GT9.

For me the question is not what does PD need to do, but what does Sony need to do.

Since the hack, they never caught up with their previous releases that are supposed to be released during the PSN downtime(with three of my favorite RPGs of all time that are supposed to be released during the downtime, not released), they allowed a buggy game to be released on to PSN and when developers are scamming the people who bought the buggy copy into buying the new clean one, Sony won't step in(Angry Birds).

They are inching closer from losing a faithful Playstation customer since the original Playstation.

One really easy thing (I think) that PD could do that I think a lot of people would appreciate - just turn down the racing transmission sound about 50% so we can still hear the car's engine. Or give us our own volume slider so we can decide our own level of audio realism :)

Nothing. I had an XBOX while I was a devout PS and GT fan, and now said 360 is gone. It's fun, but it doesn't have my favorite game on it.

Latest Posts

Back