What does PD have to do to keep you from buying an xbox?

+1 to the "Nothing" responses.

I don't own a X360, and didn't own an original XBox. Reason: No exclusives that are worth it for me. Yes, there are some damnned good exclusive games for the platform (Forza, Gears of War), but they're not good enough to warrant buying the system. Most of the games I enjoy are multi-platform, plus PlayStation3 has exclusives I feel are worth it (GT, PSOne Classics, Heavy Rain, Flower), plus I greatly prefer the controller. Reliability concerns and limiting hardware (vastly less variety of controllers available, more difficult to upgrade the HD) didn't help the X360's case.

With that said, the upcoming Guardian Heroes remake may be something I deem it worthwhile to pick up an X360 for...but my gut tells me that's only a timed exclusive, and will be coming to PSN soon enough.

I own both so I'll get Forza 4. I really like the ability to fully customize cars in both performance and looks, which Forza 3 does better then GT5. Also the previews for the game look pretty great.

Too late PD, I've got my Xbox and I'm waiting for Forza 4. Depending how good it really is I may just ditch GT5...

I think it's more of a question of what does Jordan have to do to get me to buy an XBOX.
If his Jordaness should create a forzaplanet.net, then I may consider Forza.

I am fortunate to have both PS3 and Xbox. They all have pros and cons. But because I have a wheel bolted to my PS3 and not having to pay fees to be online the PS3 rules. M!crosnot is all about making money for onliners and their is a tradeoff between racing simulator manufacturers. Graphics, sound, feel and menu navigation etc. I play all types of racing games on both my consoles because I choose to. Ultimately I have spent most time on GT5 as it has that something that keeps me interested. Let's see what FM4 has to offer.

nothing much cause:

My wheel is not compatible with the xbox.
I don't have an xbox.
I'm not willing to pay for monthly access fee.
I don't want to constantly fork out money for dlc to 'be' at the latest version with everything.
Physics.
I just play gt5 on the ps3.
Gt5 will be around for a while.
Gt planet.

+1

With the new Forza coming to xbox, I imagine PD will have to come up with some kind of extreme response or lose a lot of its base especially since many people have xbox and ps3, and I'll be the first to say that the new Forza looks amazing. They're doing everything right that PD did wrong.

So I really have been wondering what kind of DLC or new content PD is going to release in response to Forza Motorsports. It would have to be kinda extreme to even remotely keep up. Sorry to say. I am a GT fanboy but I'm also honest.

So what would you need out of Gran Turismo to keep you playing after Forza comes out?

Nothing. I refuse to sully these hands, as well as my soul, with another Microsoft product.

Don't get me wrong, I tried with Forza 1 and 2, and for what it was it was good. However, in my opinion, GT has always been in a different league. Forza is more arcade-y for my tastes, and if I want an arcade racer, I can pick up anything from the NFS series a ton cheaper.

GT games have always taken me a great deal of time to fully unlock, master, and appreciate fully, and I quite like that. Perhaps in another year or two, I'll be ready for GT6 Prologue, but right now I'm quite content (that's not to say I'm not a little disappointed, but my gripes belong in another thread for another time).

GT games have always taken me a great deal of time to fully unlock, master, and appreciate fully, and I quite like that. Perhaps in another year or two, I'll be ready for GT6 Prologue, but right now I'm quite content (that's not to say I'm not a little disappointed, but my gripes belong in another thread for another time).
Completely agree. Except that if you think about it, there shouldn't be a Prologue coming before the next game. Only guessing because GT6 should be here in another year - year and a half. If all goes well that is.

The only way I'll get FM4 is if logitech wheels are supported like so many other people want to happen. I'll buy it used. :guilty: The tracks are what interest me the most. Custom livery isn't for me.

I think it's more of a question of what does Jordan have to do to get me to buy an XBOX.
If his Jordaness should create a forzaplanet.net, then I may consider Forza.

Type that into your address bar and see what happens.

PD doesn't have to do anything. I don't want an XBOX unless I really want to experience this system and all it has to offer. The assumption for a thread like this is that Gran Turismo is so disappointing that I want to trade my PS3 or get an XBOX 360. Only reason I'd want to get an XBOX 360 is if I want to play XBOX titles while still enjoying my PS3... including the Forza Motorsport series. Of course, real racing fans appreciate all racing games regardless of console exclusives.

Forza 4 is looking impressive as it is, but for a guy who's played Gran Turismo for only one month, I'm not selling my PS3 or saving up for an XBOX 360 just because I'm somehow disappointed with GT5. I would need to be completely dissatisfied with GT and/or the PS3 so much that I'm somehow wanting to play a different console. That hasn't happened yet, and it may never happen. So again- PD doesn't have to do a damn thing to have me jumping ship. I love Gran Turismo too much to consider myself loyal to some other franchise. That may have sounded too "fanboyish," but I am hard to disappoint in regards to Gran Turismo.

Ditto.

Nothing I have both and enjoy playing both. they both have their pros and cons but are both great games in their own right

smrtb0mb
One really easy thing (I think) that PD could do that I think a lot of people would appreciate - just turn down the racing transmission sound about 50% so we can still hear the car's engine. Or give us our own volume slider so we can decide our own level of audio realism :)

+1! I didn't know what it was but yes and the advertised 1000 cars but in reality, 50ish of them are rx-7,8s and the 50ish gtrs, but, it'd be no different if they said 300 cars instead of 1000. I'm happy, between uncharted and gt, ps3 is lookin good, not to mention battlefield is on all 3 systems (pc included), the rants about not having this or that are minor and PD has done very good with gt5 and left some room for improvement for gt6

Not to mention that if you bought an xbox you'd be in the hole a couple hundred, just because you didn't like one thing, and you decide to take a shot in the dark with a similar game

too much bravado concerning these two games, GT5 rocks, Forza3 rocked and Forza 4 will be awesome. Why those who love GT5 as much can't enjoy Forza is beyond me, and vice versa of course. Neither game is perfect but both games have home runs built in.

Doesn't really matter what they do.
Even if they add custom slippers I'm buying Forza.

Nothing, now that i have a wheel i really want a pc. There sims and modding ability is my next logical step. Richard burns rally looks amazing fun.

I see both the PS3 and GT fanboys are out in force in this thread. :rolleyes:

I've had a PS3 for 3 years and GT5 is currently my favorite racing game. But when it comes down to it, it's just another racing game and I don't have any sense of loyalty to Sony or PD or GT. And if something better comes along, I'll gladly go elsewhere. Brand loyalty for consumer products is something I always found slightly amusing.

I've been curious about Forza 4 myself. And at $199 for the base model, putting out for a new Xbox is not really too much of a stretch. And I have to admit, I've been considering it. Especially since it now has built in Wi-Fi. But as others have mentioned, my biggest issue with the Xbox is that I'm a wheel user. I have a G27, I had a G25 before that, and I'm considering a T500RS (if and when the prices drop a bit and they officially announce an H-pattern shifter). I don't think I'd be satisfied with a non FFB Madkatz wireless wheel for the Xbox and there's no way I'm going to pump out a few hundred more for a Fanatec wheel. And there's no way I'm going to play with the controller.

To be honest, this was the main reason I opted for the PS3 back in 2008 as opposed to an Xbox. So Sony being able to use PC standard wheels on their console and Microsoft playing difficult is what kept me away. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

But one thing GT5 has not been able to keep me away from is PC sims and I'm currently trying my hand. Would fixing my top ten wishes for GT5 stop me from playing iRacing? Would a new track and 5 car DLC every month stop me from playing GTR Evo? I'm not sure. It might. But if Microsoft came out with a firmware update that allowed the Xbox to use standard PC wheels, I'd probably buy an Xbox and pre-order Forza 4 tomorrow. That doesn't mean I would stop playing GT5 either. But it's a matter of trying new things and taking the best from both worlds.

Unless Kazunori Yamauchi came round to my house and we went to the shops and he bought me an Xbox, nothing.

GT5 is not as bad as everyone keeps saying. Yes it has flaws, so what. Its the PS3 equivalent of GT1 and GT3.

I remember when GTA IV came out and everyone was moaning about how its "not like San Andreas". If these companies made a fully complete game with everything in it (which they can), They wouldn't be able to drag it out over a few titles and make some cash.
Its like being a music artist, making a bunch of tunes, releasing the best one out of the lot and becoming a one hit wonder. You'll always be compared to that first track. You have to hold something back.

I doubt i'll ever own one. I don't like the way Bill Gates stuck his geeky little face into console gaming. He should stick to PC's and thats that.

+100 yes I'm never buying an xbox cuz my moded ps3,will be getting a new antenna a 5ft antenna I currently have a 2ft antenna I'm saving up for 100$

PD already do the most important thing to stop me buying an Xbox......they support the wheel that I race with.

Until Microsoft allow open wheel support on their system there is no reason for me to consider Forza.....it's not like I am going to race with a controller when I have a PS3 with GT5 and wheel support sitting right next to me.

The more Microsoft tighten their grip on third party wheel support the more sim racers will slip through their fingers ;)

DaveS1138 👍. Nurburgthing., well said.

too much bravado concerning these two games, GT5 rocks, Forza3 rocked and Forza 4 will be awesome. Why those who love GT5 as much can't enjoy Forza is beyond me, and vice versa of course. Neither game is perfect but both games have home runs built in.

It's gameplay of course. I don't like the graphics forza has also. Everything is over-emphasized. For example, the sunlight reflection on Tarmac for FM4. And then there's the car engine sounds. I'll take GT5's sounds as it isn't exaggerated and contrary to what some people think, has great sounds, but I do know when it doesn't sound right. When you're revving your car on idle, high RPM sounds to weak and "loose". The SLS AMG has that deep sound like it does in real life, but revving sounds messed up in the high RPM when idle. And other more specific times but you can't expect perfection from that (obviously).

Last edited:
The most irritating thing on this game is the new b-spec, followed closely by the fact the game boots you out to the home screen after EVERY car purchase. Ugh.

Back