What Music Did You Buy?Music 

• Thread starter a6m5
  • 817 comments
A few more things off of Bandcamp... :) I'm really excited about these ones as I will be getting a physical copy. I'm bloody excited to get these in my hand.

2946635039-1.jpg

2047462613-1.jpg

This band is gnarly, they are the kind of people I love supporting.

I really liked CoC's Megalodon EP so picked up some of their full length stuff. Also some Power Metal!

Corrosion of Conformity - Blind (1991)
220px-COC_Blind.jpg

Corrosion of Conformity - Deliverance (1994)
220px-Deliverance_%28COC_album%29.jpg

Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood (1996)
220px-Wiseblood_%28Corrosion_of_Conformity_album%29_cover_art.jpg

Helloween - Straight Out of Hell (2013)
61DcSMl7bEL._AA160_.jpg

Stratovarius - Visions (1997)
220px-Visions_-_Stratovarius2.jpg

Last edited:
I really liked CoC's Mastodon EP so picked up some of their full length stuff. Also some Power Metal!

Corrosion of Conformity - Blind (1991)
220px-COC_Blind.jpg

Corrosion of Conformity - Deliverance (1994)
220px-Deliverance_%28COC_album%29.jpg

Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood (1996)
220px-Wiseblood_%28Corrosion_of_Conformity_album%29_cover_art.jpg

You mean Megalodon? :P

Anyways, you picked 3 amazing albums though all three are with Pepper Keenan who is currently with Down. So it will sound a bit different... Blind was the first album with Pepper and quite possibly some of the phatest riffs of the 90's are on that album.

Yeah yeah... Just don't ever get me excited about CoC and Mastodon joining forces ever again... :grumpy:

What about CoC and Dream Theater? When I opened the case to Deliverance it was Dream Theater's A Dramatic Turn of Events.:odd:

I already requested a refund and will be getting a replacement disc. I guess I can't be too mad as the Dream Theater CD is listed for more than what I paid for the CoC CD.:lol:

One a related note, I did actually get Blind and Wiseblood and both are awesome.:cheers:

What about CoC and Dream Theater? When I opened the case to Deliverance it was Dream Theater's A Dramatic Turn of Events.:odd:

I already requested a refund and will be getting a replacement disc. I guess I can't be too mad as the Dream Theater CD is listed for more than what I paid for the CoC CD.:lol:

One a related note, I did actually get Blind and Wiseblood and both are awesome.:cheers:

CoC and Dream Theater would most certainly be a intriguing mash up. Both bands have spent a significant amount of time atop of my favorite bands rankings (DT has dropped since MP left).

I had a similar thing happen to me when I bought Fu Manchu's 'California Crossing'. I got a CD that contained two songs and contacted the seller saying wtf. I never did get a response back because I did some researched to find out its an old limited Fu Manchu EP that goes $30-$40. Much more then the $5 I spent!

Blind is probably in my top 2-3 favorite albums of the 90's. Its also very different from everything else CoC has done. Its very raw and they still had the thrash flowing through their bloods at that point. It kind of makes me sad when listening to it because its very similar to Down but makes me miss Pepper's vocals.

Picked up two albums yesterday:

Ra Ra Riot- Beta Love:
Beta_Love-Ra_Ra_Riot_480.jpg

Ra Ra Riot's previous album "the Orchard" is one of my favorites. But this new release isn't very good. I'm just not a fan of it.

The Joy Formidable- Wolf's Law:
JoyFormidableWolf_jpg_630x960_q85.jpg

This album is so good! I love everything about TJF, and everything they do get's better and better!

biffy-clyro-opposites.jpg

Such an amazing album; one of the few double albums I've listened to that delivers all the way through. I really wish I could have got tickets to their arena tour this year before they sold out.

First some blues.
B.B. King - Singin' the Blues (1956)
613LNo5nctL._AA300_.jpg

Than some metal.
Deep Purple - Slaves and Masters (1990)
220px-Slaves_and_Masters.jpg

The Sword - Warp Riders (2010)
220px-TheSwordWarpRiders.png

The Sword - Apocryphon (2012)
220px-TheSwordApocryphon.jpg

Once I get Hemispheres, I'll have every Rush studio album from 1974-82 :)

How can anyone NOT like Rush? like seriously, I do not understand how my wife can hate Rush. (She says it is his voice she hates, I think its awesome!)

I just bought the following from HMV...

My Chemical Romance - Danger Days...
Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown
Feeder - Renegades (Had it already but I wanted a physical copy)
Biffy Clyro - Opposites
Muse - The 2nd Law, The Resistance
Kasabian - Kasabian (£2 Pre-Owned :) )

Already got my tax-return so I bought a few CD's.

Will refrain from posting album art as there are is a good amount.
Alice in Chains - Black Gives Way to Blue (2009)
Anthrax - Among the Living (1987)
Blue Oyster Cult - Fire of Unknown Origin (1981)
Corrosion of Conformity - Corrosion of Conformity (2012)
Down - Down II: A Bustle in Your Hedgerow (2002)
Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Boulevard (1974)
Iced Earth - Dystopia (2011)
Iced Earth - Dark Genesis (5 CD box set with their first EP, first 3 albums and a tribute album)
Mastodon - Remission (2002)
Metallica - Ride the Lightning (1984)
Muddy Waters - King Bee (1981)
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (1975)
Thin Lizzy - Bad Reputation (1977)
Tool - Ænima (1996)

How can anyone NOT like Rush? like seriously, I do not understand how my wife can hate Rush. (She says it is his voice she hates, I think its awesome!)

I used to dislike Rush because I couldn't stand Geddy's voice, over time though I have grown to like them a fair amount.👍

Frank Sinatra at Sands, with Count Basie & His Orchestra.

Bruno Mars - Unorthodox Jukebox

Amazon got these download for $1.99 right now. 👍

Also add: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Heist

Going thru iTunes "recent purchases", I also found:

Jack Johnson - Spring Wind

Daft Punk/Glitch Mob - Derezzed

Labrinth - Express Yourself

Lou Gramm - Just Between You & Me

Marcy Playground - Sex & Candy

Kanye West - Stronger

Last edited:
Yesterday was at the secondhand bookstore that sells music and I got

Rob Zombie - Past, Present and Future
Rolling Stones - Exile On Main St.
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication

All for $10.

I used to have all mp3 but said screw it went to CD.

On May 2nd, I had to buy Slayer's "Reign in Blood" as mp3 album from Amazon, since I can't find my physical copy of the CD, and my hard drive with all the songs died about 3 months ago - when I was cleaning my room, I dropped the hard drive on the floor (from a high height). I had to listen to the entire CD when I found out that Jeff Hanneman passed away. Now I'm going to buy my favorite songs from all the other albums.

From iTunes:

Junior Brown - Greatest Hits

P.S. This Tuesday, Random Access Memories by none other than Daft Punk!

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

Daft Punk - Daft Club

from iTunes:

Jeremy Little - It Just Comes Out That Way, If I Only Had a Brain(a single & a track off a album).

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories.

I'll be honest, I found it to be quite the snooze fest for all the hype behind it.

For me, re-purchased some old favorites.
Jamie Myerson - The Listen Project
Kaskade - It's You, It's Me

Yeah, I stand by how I put it in the Daft Punk thread. Considering the artist, a par at best. I do quite like it though. Especially for $7.99 BestBuy had the CD for! :D

Latest Posts

Back