What Phone Do You Have?

• Thread starter benzoboy
  • 2,513 comments
Good phone! What worries me a lot with the Nexus is the back cover being too flimsy. Afraid of snapping it when taking it off. :scared:

Murcie how have you found the Nexus mate?
My Galaxy S is up for an upgrade and the Nexus is on my shortlist.

Cheers Shaun.

In a word? Brilliant. Having never owned an Android before I'm glad I chose the Nexus as my first; Ice Cream Sandwich is a cinch to pick up and is certainly a very good OS. Performance is excellent as well; nice and fluid and you really have to be working it out to get any lag. I mainly chose the Nexus because of the gorgeous screen though; the colours may not pop quite as much as SAMOLED+ screens like the Galaxy S II (I can hardly tell the difference to be honest) but the resolution and sheer size more than make up for it.

The only two little niggles I have with it are the battery life (drains in about a day or less if you have the screen at full brightness with moderate-to-heavy use) and the indoor picture quality of the camera can be hit-and-miss sometimes. The instantaneous shutter, Full High-Def video recording and panoramic camera features are handy though.

The other potential problem is storage space; the Nexus in Australia only comes with 16GB at the moment and there's no word on whether we're getting the 32GB version. Plus about 2.5GB of that 16GB is already taken up by the operating system and a few Google apps. If space is an issue, probably better off going for the Samsung Galaxy S II which will be getting Ice Cream Sandwich in the coming months.

Last edited:
Just bought a Samsung Galaxy Ace. Nothing too expensive you see. :P

Anyway I'm trying to upload a video to youtube from my phone. I'm connected to my home's wi-fi, yet every time I try to upload a video (no matter how short/small in size the video is) it doesn't work, and says it's going to retry in 1 minute. Which, as you probably guessed, doesn't work.

Any ideas?

HTC Sensation on ICS 4.03 flashed to ARHD here. S-off, rooted, super-cid, flashed the firmware, rom and radio after being stock for 5 months hehe. :)

Emman1984
Jellybean Android 5.0 coming this summer :)

They need to slow down with this and get all manufacturers on the same page. They have too many OS's and they won't keep up. All manufacturers should be forced by Google to update their phones in a timely manner for say 3 years (length of most people's contract) and then they may drop support. Last I saw less that 1% of phones were officially on ICS now... And now Jelly Bean this summer.

With that said I'm due for an upgrade in August I believe and I'll be rooting and flashing my Galaxy S at that time. If it doesn't work out I'll go out and get my upgrade.

HTC Sensation XE Beats Audio
It can keep up with everything my sisters iphone 4s can do pretty easily, and for half the price you can't really complain
It's my 4th HTC and as long as they keep performing like this i shall never go to another make, the Hero won me over completely and i have never looked back

Pagey279
It can keep up with everything my sisters iphone 4s can do pretty easily, and for half the price you can't really complain
It's my 4th HTC and as long as they keep performing like this i shall never go to another make, the Hero won me over completely and i have never looked back

I have a hero and I don't like it but I do like the manufacturer though I can't wait til sprint release another HTC

ive currently got the htc hero...my first from HTC and love it! only recently started showing signs of old age, considering ive had it for the last 2 years!

The Sensation XE is at the top of my list for a new phone....say pagey what do you think about the phone?
and does that beats audio profile work with any pair of headphones?!

Also is it worth waiting for the HTC One?! after all they look so sick!

Pagey279

It will do much better if you flash it. It will blow you away, I swear.

N99GT
The Sensation XE is at the top of my list for a new phone....say pagey what do you think about the phone?

You should wait for HTC one X, its worth the wait specially its a quad core and running on ICS. And it's sense 4.0

But if you cant wait for that. I dont suggest that you buy the XE, the beats badge made it pricey, you can get the standard sensation instead, they're basically the same without the beats earphones and red accents. Plus you can flash the ordinary sensation so it will also have the beats application and the cpu will be also overclocked.

Last edited:
ive currently got the htc hero...my first from HTC and love it! only recently started showing signs of old age, considering ive had it for the last 2 years!

It's a very good phone, it looks good with the red detailing, and it performs really well. With a 1.5GHz processor it loads pages within seconds (providing you have good reception) I've never had any problems with it freezing, or malfunctioning in any way.
The 8 mega pixel camera is very good, the effects are cool and you can take some great pictures with it.
The beats audio feature is good, a free pair of £50 earphones isn't to be sniffed at, the sound quality is excellent. Oh and it does work with any headphones 👍
The battery life is okay, with moderate to heavy use i have to charge it every night. That's with surfing the web, texting and what not.
My only niggle with it is the Wi-fi, in places where my old HTC Desire would get full wi-fi reception the XE struggles to get any. I don't know why this is though.

Hope this helps :)

p.s i would have waited for the HTC One but my old contract ran out this month so i had to get a new phone pronto. If i were you i would wait for the One, but be prepared to fork out a lot of money, if you are getting it on pay as you go, or on a contract it won't be cheap. But then thats the same with every new release these days though

hmmmm, thanks for the replies guys, well as much as i want the Htc one....thats not 'expected' until April...and as you said its going to be pricey. And seen as though my contract has already finished....im sooo tempted to wait, but i know that im going to regret it as soon as i see the prices!!

ugh!!! choices! i think im going to have to go with the XE....i would mind getting the standard Sensation, but im not really a wizz when it comes to rooting and flashing different ROMS and what not.....(ive did it my psp, once and bricked it accidently but its working fine now after a new CPU being installed :P) which is also a LOT easier that flashing a phone....by the looks of it!!

nokia-1100.jpg

Seriously.
I just have a phone that works as a mobile telephone as I don't need anything else from it.
I hardly ever use it as well, so once again, why upgrade.

Flash means connecting to the data port on the phone and reprogramming the on board chip which contains the software that controls the phone.

Unlocking is the process of makeing a phone work with a SIM card from any mobile network.

That was the best definition I could find. And no flashing is not unlocking. Flashing is much wider.

I can be wrong here but I think that for example when you're applying a IOS update to your iphone you're actually flashing it (not sure about that but I think i'm right).

Basically replacing the stock rom with a custom rom that performs better.

Rooting is more like jailbreak.

And by the way, a rom is like an operating system.

Just beware that you void your warranty when you flash your phone so that mean they won't give you a new one or help you fix it your only support would be the jailbreak community that are skilled with that kind of stuff

Emman1984
Just beware that you void your warranty when you flash your phone so that mean they won't give you a new one or help you fix it your only support would be the jailbreak community that are skilled with that kind of stuff

Unless your with Bell and they are too stupid to know what you did :lol:

I bricked mine but claimed it happened when trying to officially upgrade it through Samsung Kies (Samsung's imitation of itunes). Apparently there were rare cases of that happening so they sent me a brand new Galaxy S a couple days after I sent it in for warranty.

thats why i wouldnt want to flash a brand new phone....because even if the flash does work fine, but something happens to the phone then you may be in a bit of a puddle...maybe

Back