What WILL you make with a GPS enabled or very detailed track editor?

• Thread starter smskeeter23
  • 1,100 comments
I have a vicious track that has around a 700 foot elevation change:

The code for the colors is as follows:

Green: I can access these roads any time
Red: I no longer have access (the land was sold), but I know the trails are there, and could possibly get on the owner's good side to walk them.
Blue: I have a thing about trespassing AND walking through the woods with NO trail..... ;)

But, this is a steep hill. For reference, here are two videos I put together (sorry for the quality, but it gives you the idea):

This is the outside road:

This is going up the hill:

Dont have many roads near here great for elevation change but this might provide a bit of fun if course creator comes around
GT6 Track.jpg

I just had a thought.....

Will they have a point to point track generator, like the Goodwood idea.

And if they do, how many people out there will make a track 1320 feet long..... ;)

I just had a thought.....

Will they have a point to point track generator, like the Goodwood idea.

And if they do, how many people out there will make a track 1320 feet long..... ;)
Yes Kaz said there will be A to B point track generator as well as classic track generator.

I don't believe anymore on this feature, another lie and mistake IMO !! Sadly because this is why I bought the game and left forza !

? I don't understand the joke with the bridge sorry, this is because I'm French lol !
Sorry, forgot we have an international audience here. It's an old rip off artist/con man ruse. The comment likening PD and the gps feature (as well as many others still not in the game) as a con :)

I don't believe anymore on this feature, another lie and mistake IMO !! Sadly because this is why I bought the game and left forza !
It's coming. At this rate you may be old and grey when it does, but it will come. Otherwise there's the legal issue of false advertisement.

Wouldn't mind using some of MIRA's top secret testing facility in Nuneatone, near Atherstone, not far from Hinkley, just off the A5. My Dad worked there for Jaguar and only lives round the corner in Fenny Dratyon so it shouldn't be too difficult. You can't take pictures there but I see no reason why you couldn't use the GPS. There's a sweet little track there about the size of Stowe circuit that'd be awesome.

Last edited:
Looking at the back of the box, if you look at the rectangle in the middle at the bottom and read the fine print it clearly says PlayStation Network features and offerings may change without notice.
So we could be SOL and there is nothing anyone can do. If it comes great, if it doesn't oh well.

Looking at the back of the box, if you look at the rectangle in the middle at the bottom and read the fine print it clearly says PlayStation Network features and offerings may change without notice.
So we could be SOL and there is nothing anyone can do. If it comes great, if it doesn't oh well.

EDIT: Deleted. Misunderstood. Quite right sir.

So PD/Sony have covered their backside, if features do not appear. In legal terms,there is no recourse or monetary refunds. Remember to always read the fine print.

So PD/Sony have covered their backside, if features do not appear. In legal terms,there is no recourse or monetary refunds. Remember to always read the fine print.
It's a very general term though, Playstation Network features, and may not apply to what are meant to be in-game features. Legal speak (sorry) is an incredibly specific language so I wouldn't be surprised to find it isn't a sort of get-out-of-extra-content-free card and just covers them if they choose to close servers and the multiplayer parts. I hope so anyway. I'd hate to think they could go back on their promises so easily (not that I think they will).

True, but if you use Sony's online features/service and Sony decides their online service does not support GPS enabled maps etc through PD's game your not getting it. Easy enough for Sony to say their service doesn't support it. PD says oops Sony's service does not support yadda yadda yadda. Remember their lawers are not stupid.

@killerjimbag Bloody Sony and their bloody lawyers!.. with their laws...and, and... and their sneaky clauses!

Let's hope this doesn't happen and everything is released in a timely manner. There isn't much basis for this hope, I know, but it would be a PR disaster if they're not eventually made part of the game.

@Samus I feel your pain I really do. It's been a rough ride. I'm just having a slightly more optimistic day today.

Can you say PS4 and GT7? Drive Club is going backwards right now,producer or whatever the hell he was quit,half the staff laid off at studio,you don't think for a moment that Sony is not breathing down Kaz's neck, telling him "We need some kind of Racing series like, yesterday". That's my thought on why we are seeing nothing right now.

Id make a city circuit of my own city, using the main roads and a few side roads. The amount of air you could catch if you were doing 100+ at the top of the hills would be awesome!

Id make a city circuit of my own city, using the main roads and a few side roads. The amount of air you could catch if you were doing 100+ at the top of the hills would be awesome!
You've just made me think; Assuming we get a GPS feature, anyone in Paris fancy mapping the Rendezvous route? That would be very cool.

Don't know what I mean? You're going to love this: http://vimeo.com/m/34039780

If we get the GPS map feature...

...then someone needs to map the San Francisco street circuit that was in Grid, that track actively tried to attack the cars. Racing anything faster than the GT cars around it was almost impossible, the cars were veritably wrecked by the end of the race.

For those of you silly enough not to have played Grid...

Last edited:
If the corse maker allows elevations changes, this roads around my village will be perfect. short straights and a mix of high and low speed corners. This will be my firts track.

Attachments

• Pista gran Turismo.JPG
    Pista gran Turismo.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 5
Back