What WILL you make with a GPS enabled or very detailed track editor?

• Thread starter smskeeter23
  • 1,100 comments
Near where I live, using a little tiny segment of an interstate.

Two bridges and quite a lot of elevation change

https://goo.gl/maps/Dw8GG

Course Maker.jpg

The section infront of my school where everybody hits the gas hard to impress some girls standing around there would be my dream in GT6:lol:
See if I can do the lap times in real life as in the game ;)

The section infront of my school where everybody hits the gas hard to impress some girls standing around there would be my dream in GT6:lol:
See if I can do the lap times in real life as in the game ;)

Love this. To me, that's the great thing about a feature like this. It enables you to do things in a simulator that would be incredibly dangerous and irresponsible in real life. For example, I'd love to see how fast I could drive to the grocery store and back in a super car if I ran all the traffic lights. :)

Boise State City Course (Blue)
Boise State Short Course (Cesar Chavez Course) (Black)

Last edited:
Love this. To me, that's the great thing about a feature like this. It enables you to do things in a simulator that would be incredibly dangerous and irresponsible in real life. For example, I'd love to see how fast I could drive to the grocery store and back in a super car if I ran all the traffic lights. :)

Honestly, this idea was first asked for for GT4. And this ^^^ is exactly why! ;)

And hopefully that someone will be PD! (This year.... ;) )

You know ... this is the thing that kind of pisses me off. I understand software and software marketing. I get that you have to build a certain amount of hype pre-launch so that sales are high enough at rollout to recoup a significant part of your investment. But I wish they would at least be honest when they are talking about a feature like this that is vaporware. I wish they would just say, "we are thinking of creating a GPS enabled track editor, we have a team working on it but we don't know when it will be released." Then you create the excitement about the idea but don't have people sitting around waiting for it who just bought your product. That feature alone had me so giddy to buy the product that I practically threw my money at the guy at the game store. But now, I've learned to be much more cynical about the pre-release hype from PD. They will not get my money next time until I see from the review here that they've delivered what they said they were delivering.

You know ... this is the thing that kind of pisses me off. I understand software and software marketing. I get that you have to build a certain amount of hype pre-launch so that sales are high enough at rollout to recoup a significant part of your investment. But I wish they would at least be honest when they are talking about a feature like this that is vaporware. I wish they would just say, "we are thinking of creating a GPS enabled track editor, we have a team working on it but we don't know when it will be released." Then you create the excitement about the idea but don't have people sitting around waiting for it who just bought your product. That feature alone had me so giddy to buy the product that I practically threw my money at the guy at the game store. But now, I've learned to be much more cynical about the pre-release hype from PD. They will not get my money next time until I see from the review here that they've delivered what they said they were delivering.
While you are correct with "We are thinking of..." I can't help thinking that its not as simple as Kaz sitting in a room, looking at the features list with disgust and saying "They shall never have this"

I think the problem will be the fact that maybe they're not wanting to invest too much into 6 and is keeping it for 7, but it is still annoying that they don't say if that's the case.

East Shore Road, Greenwood Lake, NY. Our old racing road back home. Just over 4 miles to the state line, not very impressive on a map but incredible technical and deadly. Odd bumps, weird elevation changes around tight turns, one short straight. It's a tough road to maintain 60mph on. That old road claimed more cars than I can count.

Clinton Road in West Milford, NJ. The legendary haunted road (10 miles roughly) so absurdly tight, winding and evil. Another old racing road (though not one I could race on and hope to keep up, even -- not my home turf) that needs to be modeled.

I just wanted to point out, that as and when this finally drops, I'm going to be going through this thread and bugging everyone that's posted good roads /tracks...

Be warned.

:gtpflag:

Also I found this

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/m/?r=2431475

Quite useful for mocking up routes, use 'automatic cyclist' routing for best results.

Re did mine with it

Would be clockwise running direction

Screenshot_2014-04-25-23-51-08.png

Last edited:
Here's a little drifting short course in Hatfield
Screenshot_2014-04-27-17-08-13_1.jpg

Note the elevation change over the railway.

If PD give us very simple 'Lane amount and width' option (for specific, selectable parts of the track) for city environment dual carriageways, then this sort of thing is going to be very good indeed.

I'll make a long and very difficult and advanced rollercoaster-style track (if its possible :D), cut from the same mold as the London Circuit (better prepare your Red Bull X2010, X2011's or X2014's for this one. :D)

Bristol Motor Speedway and Martinsville Speedway and maybe even my local gokart track
I'll do Watkins Glen, Talladega and Auto Club :sly:
if/when it comes we need to work together guys... page 3:
I would love to try my hand at the following tracks on a decent GT6 course maker: Bristol, Dover, Darlington, Pocono, Talladega, Watkins Glen. And let's have some right-turns only ovals for a change! lol

Latest Posts

Back