What WILL you make with a GPS enabled or very detailed track editor?

• Thread starter smskeeter23
  • 1,100 comments
I quite literally have drawn a million racetracks, but I don't where I should make one using GPS-maybe Sandown

Last edited:
You've just made me think; Assuming we get a GPS feature, anyone in Paris fancy mapping the Rendezvous route? That would be very cool.
Don't know what I mean? You're going to love this: http://vimeo.com/m/34039780
Hopefully with the bins and one-too-many gear changes
There weren't too many gear-changes actually because the film was made with a Benz and the Ferrari-Sound is dubbed :S

There weren't too many gear-changes actually because the film was made with a Benz and the Ferrari-Sound is dubbed :S
If you listen though, you can hear the number of up and downshifts aren't in sync with each other.

Lets say the car is in "4th" it'll change down 3 times then change up 4 ten change down 3 then another 3 up then it holds then 2 up. It just doesn't add up

I'm thinking of making some sort of a long point-to-point style track. Similar to the Toscana sprint track in the GT5 Grand Tour special event but longer. The track will have sharp turns, huge elevations and a few jumps here and there. :D

Nice find 👍. Thanks.

I'm thinking of making some sort of a long point-to-point style track. Similar to the Toscana sprint track in the GT5 Grand Tour special event but longer. The track will have sharp turns, huge elevations and a few jumps here and there.
I want to make my commute to work. I want to see how quick I can really get there!

Hope they support .gpx file importation because I'm currently recording some routes.

Anybody know of a 3D visualizer for .gpx files?

Hope they support .gpx file importation because I'm currently recording some routes.

Anybody know of a 3D visualizer for .gpx files?

I found this : http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1046126

So they say you need a 3D program to convert gpx files in another format, so the 3d program can read the files and make them visible.

Another option and I believe it's already mentioned :

http://www.mygpsfiles.com/en/

Various options to show your gpx files in 3D. Better option for the lazy ones... create your own gpx-mapping by editting, anything could be possible. I wonder what would happen to map something like this :

Holmkollen-ski-oslo.jpg

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Theres an old Hillclimb track just 6 miles from Nürburgring wich still exists completely today.
You can even see the old startline !

Lots of pictures:
http://www.pro-steilstrecke.de/sonstigerennen/bergrennen_bad_neuenahr_2009.htm

You could make it for rfactor using http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/ you can also use satellite data, I know it ain't a gt6 put its cool to use and get your head around what it takes to make a GPS modelled track. You can use google earth to get height data length etc

1. I'll go around my block and see how accurate it is and whether it takes into account altitude or geographic maping
2. If this is sucessful i will then atempt to replicate the mountain roads about 10 minutes away from where i live on Mt. Tamborine.
3. Then will visit my local tracks.
4. Then if that works i will atempt the work run through town and out to the country where i live.

My route to school, only because an awesome chicane I really do not want to try to attemp in real life :D

That being said, a few local roads and oval tracks nearby!

Make routes to certain places. Like school, a restaurant, etc. then stuff like driving on mountains and all of U.S. Route 50 for an endurance event.

But first I have to recreate my car in real life for the best effect...GT6 doesn't have my car.

Make routes to certain places. Like school, a restaurant, etc. then stuff like driving on mountains and all of U.S. Route 50 for an endurance event.

But first I have to recreate my car in real life for the best effect...GT6 doesn't have my car.
What Car do you own?

Mine is a 2013 Holden Commodore SV6 in a manual Transmission, awaiting the day it is added to gt6.

What Car do you own?

Mine is a 2013 Holden Commodore SV6 in a manual Transmission, awaiting the day it is added to gt6.

Nice. I have yet to see a Holden in the U.S. The only "Holden" I see is the one with the Chevrolet badge on police cruisers. I think it's the Holden Statesman or something like that.

As for my car, it's a 4 door Honda Civic which does not exist in GT6.

Nice. I have yet to see a Holden in the U.S. The only "Holden" I see is the one with the Chevrolet badge on police cruisers. I think it's the Holden Statesman or something like that.

As for my car, it's a 4 door Honda Civic which does not exist in GT6.

What year? any engine specifics? on your model?

Heres a Picture of my model i'm quite lucky bought it 2 months ago demo model going to be quite broke for a while till it's paid off but it was so worth it.

3139877.jpg

What year? any engine specifics? on your model?

Heres a Picture of my model i'm quite lucky bought it 2 months ago demo model going to be quite broke for a while till it's paid off but it was so worth it.

View attachment 180016
Orange! Nice car. And I would upload a photo of my car but my phone wants to be stupid and it doesn't let me upload a photo when there is clearly a "Upload File" button. :banghead:

I'll recreate every track from WipEout Pure, WipEout Pulse and WipEout 2048. I really hope it's possible to make a roller-coaster track and I hope PD implements Mag-Strips for tracks.
(These tracks are best driven on a Red Bull "X" car)

I'll begin with Parque Municipal da Moita, where I lived.
asa.JPG

Red indicates the track.
Green indicates in what places you can go out of track.

Actually, this track was for an Physical Education activity called "Corta-Mato". So, I got an idea to make this as track.

Warning: Sorry about the white parts, I made some mistakes... I tried to make it good. It is 2009 version, I'll work on 2014 version.

Back