Worst You've Dealt With Online...

Exactly. It's been mentioned many times those down under have severe connection issues with the rest of the world. Nothing nefarious going on.
Exactly this Johnny.

As a regular host, we have been hosting open lobbies so we can get in and meet all our new drivers for our league races. Much easier to do than getting someone on your FL and then both having to reboot the system to avoid the "room Full" glitch.

In the room banner i always put AUST - NZ only, but the number of drivers from other countries that join anyway always astounds me. Its nothing personal, hell i've had some great races with guys from OS looking for clean lobbies, but with the way the network is over here it just creates more issues for us.

That said, you still get the morons that have the same flag. 2 nights ago we had some moron who joined, picked the wrong car, and decided to drive the wrong way at Daytona Road. It only lasted 3 mins before i kicked him, but his response to my message asking why he would do that was baffling to say the least......

I said if he wants to join a RaceonOZ practice lobby he is welcome, but being a knob by driving backwards and crashing into people will see him kicked and reported. His reply was pretty straight forward, "its a public lobby, im not doing anything illegal so bite me"

What is it with some people these days ? I dont get it.....:rolleyes:

I've been in a few cruise lobbies recently in my nicely tuned Evo X (some of you may of seen it, was White Pearl [3P] now is GT Pasteltone 004-W) and I always get some kid trying to race me in a Impreza. I always beat them and I keep being asked for my tune and I always say no.

One time I got forced into a wall at Cote by a kid who must of been rather mad as I was beating his Impreza by a good distance in my Evo X, I only stopped as I was texting. Then I see his Impreza waiting for me and bam, a constant ram attack all because I was faster.

What has GT6 online become??

Where do you experience these bad lobbies? Are the bad experiences mostly in US lobbies or foreign lobbies? I can't really remember a single bad experience I've had in GT6 online that's as bad as some of the ones I've read here.

It really depends on what times you play at, and days of the week - I'm finding that weekdays are generally better than the weekends, and playing earlier in the day (when no one seems to be on) leads to less stupidity.

Tradeoff is that there are a lot less players on (at least in EST) at the times/days mentioned, but it's really a choice between two alternatives.

Where do you experience these bad lobbies? Are the bad experiences mostly in US lobbies or foreign lobbies? I can't really remember a single bad experience I've had in GT6 online that's as bad as some of the ones I've read here.
Same here man. Most of the stuff I read on here I've never, ever seen in a lobby and I was in a lot of them on GT5. Street car lobbies on street tires attract some of the best quality people and you can avoid these types of shenanigans almost completely.

I've had a bad occurrence lately when I was practising for ToCA11, and someone joined in a faster car. As I wanted my time to say I'm fastest, I politely asked this person to leave. He replied" why?" And I explained that I wanted my time to say at the top so it was easier to see. He replied "no?" So I kicked him and he replied "F&$K you you F%$king pig. I didn't say anthing.

Yes in my head I was staying "🤬 You too"

If I'm honest, you had no right to kick him at all. If someone was in an illegal car for the event, then yes, you would have the right to kick them. However, if they were in a legal car for the event, they have no reason to be kicked.

If I'm honest, you had no right to kick him at all. If someone was in an illegal car for the event, then yes, you would have the right to kick them. However, if they were in a legal car for the event, they have no reason to be kicked.
There are no "rights" in an open lobby, the host can kick whomever he likes for any reason. But it begs the question, if you are practicing for an event, why not just do it in a friends only lobby so you aren't bothered by pubbers?

Once, I was racing against High-performance Sports cars in my beloved Suzuki Cappuccino in ARM, people thought I was a hacker due to the small size of the car, and me being on first place, and a few seconds later, I got frustrated users saying "Kick Nicky out" and "Nicky is a hacker" from several people, and i got the old whack in the boot several seconds later.

That's the purpose of a Cappuccino, right?

EDIT- 1000TH post on this thread :gtpflag:

Last edited:
The thing is though I told him my legitimate reason, maybe I should start putting private on my rooms.

Once, I was racing against High-performance Sports cars in my beloved Suzuki Cappuccino in ARM, people thought I was a hacker due to the small size of the car, and me being on first place, and a few seconds later, I got frustrated users saying "Kick Nicky out" and "Nicky is a hacker" from several people, and i got the old whack in the boot several seconds later.

That's the purpose of a Cappuccino, right?

EDIT- 1000TH post on this thread :gtpflag:

The Cappuccino Strikes Again! :gtpflag:

Another story.. (This time, in Chronological order)

1. Brings brand-new 600pp Huayra to a SSRX "Race for real" room
2. Sees competitors such as a 1000hp C7 and a 1000+hp Supra
3.Race Starts
4. Several competitors quit, leaving me against the ringmaster, driving a 1,000hp Corvette C7.
5.6000 metre mark passes by, Huayra in the lead, Vette catches up, and calls me a Hacker
6.2nd straight, Vette decides to race dirty, attempts to hit me
7. Attack foiled, ricochets and hits the railing, flying 60-90 feet in the air.
8. I get called a 🤬 and numerous other swear words, wins race by fifteen seconds
9.Wins Prize money, and than kicked out for "Hacking", The car i used was Bought Straight from the GT store because I had the fifteenth anniversary coupon, and took it straight into that race without any time to upgrade it of any sort.

Wow. Clearly, the GT community has succumbed to Rage-itis....

Anyway, new story!

My friends and I were having a great time in a 500pp room, having close battles in practice. Suddenly, and idiot in a de-tuned Tank Car comes flying down the track and straight into both of us (he did swerve to hit us). Turns out that he was the host, so after asking why he did it, he said that my 250 GTO (seen in profile pic) was "an old car that your grandma should use". I got booted seconds later.

Short story, but WHY?!?!?!?!

WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE CLASSICS?!

I totally agree to that question. Classic Cars, such as the 250 GTO are building blocks, and ancestors to all modern day racing cars today. And people, such as the person you encountered on PSN didn't perhaps know that the classic 250 GTO was ancestor to the Ferrari F40, F50, 288 GTO , Ferrari Enzo and the all-new F70/LaFerrari :lol:

Last edited:

Anyway, new story!

My friends and I were having a great time in a 500pp room, having close battles in practice. Suddenly, and idiot in a de-tuned Tank Car comes flying down the track and straight into both of us (he did swerve to hit us). Turns out that he was the host, so after asking why he did it, he said that my 250 GTO (seen in profile pic) was "an old car that your grandma should use". I got booted seconds later.

[Facepalm while Laughing Intensifies]

Anyway, new story!

He does realise the Tank car is actually driven by a, lets be honest, person old enough to be a few of our granddads

You know rooms that are like "Mature drivers only 18+" or something like that? I steer clear from those lobbies, as if I join, they'll probably ask for my age (which I do not like to divulge), and if I say something like "That would be telling" or "I don't know", I would likely be insta-kicked and they might send a random, irrelevant message saying something like "Subject: HACKER" or so.

What do these lobbies actually do if someone in there is underage?

You know rooms that are like "Mature drivers only 18+" or something like that? I steer clear from those lobbies, as if I join, they'll probably ask for my age (which I do not like to divulge), and if I say something like "That would be telling" or "I don't know", I would likely be insta-kicked and they might send a random, irrelevant message saying something like "Subject: HACKER" or so.

What do these lobbies actually do if someone in there is underage?

"Mature"

I race online all the time, rarely do single player although I've only completed about 50% of the game.
The most frustrating thing online is number of players who go hell for leather on the first couple of bends and end up taking me out with them. No matter how many laps the race is, this sort of idiot must, just must try to get right up there on the first couple of bends, frustrating to say the least.

I race online all the time, rarely do single player although I've only completed about 50% of the game.
The most frustrating thing online is number of players who go hell for leather on the first couple of bends and end up taking me out with them. No matter how many laps the race is, this sort of idiot must, just must try to get right up there on the first couple of bends, frustrating to say the least.

The offline mode teaches them to go all out from the get go, unfortunately.

The biggest problem I have online is usually when the servers are misleading, that one person who never yields in clean racing servers and just generally idiots who go out of their way to ruin others good time in the room

The offline mode teaches them to go all out from the get go, unfortunately.

I find that useful, I just back off and let people do their thing if I'm unsure on their driving, worst case scenario I have to catch up to them because they can actually drive. More often than not though, there's a lot of swearing over the mic and I slip through to pull out a 2+ gap at the first sector. :lol:

Throwback Thursday is a bit late but hey

Was in a racing room a while ago, and it seemed good. 37 laps at Spa and I joined on the last lap. Looked fairly clean and all so I decided to stay. I noticed the BMW M3 seemed to be constantly fastest, and noted that I could go faster in my C7. So hey, I got it out and we started qualifying.

I was on pole by 1 second, and got into the race straight after. First corner and I get away cleanly when I noticed a few cars go off track.

Someone had rammed the BMW M3 into a GTR and the GTR hit back. They spun out and took 2 others with them.

Lap 24 and the BMW was in second and started reducing the gap, it went from 10 down to 8 seconds in 3 laps so I went in the pits to undercut him. It worked. I gained from 30 seconds to 27 seconds in one lap, then the BMW pitted. I was in first and won by 17 seconds.
Next race I miss the rammer and so does BMW man, and soon were just cursing around (I let him pass, so I could take any heat from rammers) and soon we scored a one two, and were running a little team.

Quali, another lock-out... And kicked.

"Clean and fair" sure...

I find that useful, I just back off and let people do their thing if I'm unsure on their driving, worst case scenario I have to catch up to them because they can actually drive. More often than not though, there's a lot of swearing over the mic and I slip through to pull out a 2+ gap at the first sector. :lol:

Yeah it's funny to see those people beat themselves. :lol:

I was in a lobby at Cote and some guy who was a cop was picking on players one by one to get them kicked (by using spectator mode.) He did this to me, I would normally think nothing of it, but this time I did, he got the whole lobby on to me. I then called this cop a bully (all the signs that he was being a bully).

Then go off my PS3 as I was going out for lunch with some friends.

And when I get back, turn on my PS3, I get a message from one of this friends threatening to hack my account, so I blocked and reported him to Sony to deal with.

GT6 needs a massive online overhaul, it's not on this type of behavior.

I was in a lobby at Cote and some guy who was a cop was picking on players one by one to get them kicked. He did this to me, I would normally think nothing of it, but this time I did, he got the whole lobby on to me. I then go off my PS3 as I was going out for lunch with some friends.
No cop lobby I have ever seen does that. Especially ones that try to chase you down for something that you never did, only to be kicked.
And when I get back, turn on my PS3, I get a message from one of this friends threatening to hack my account, so I blocked and reported him to Sony to deal with.
He doesn't even know your password. But that is still a serious threat. Change your password anyway.

Attempting to hack into other's PSN accounts leaves a trail. If Sony sees this trail, they will send the suspect to the slammer. The only way for a hacker to not leave a trail, is to not hack their account at all.

By the way, have you got the exact text of the hacking threat message, @xZAMGMarmite? I'm wondering what he said. (It's also a chance to let the thread be on the lookout for him)

No cop lobby I have ever seen does that. Especially ones that try to chase you down for something that you never did, only to be kicked.

He doesn't even know your password. But that is still a serious threat. Change your password anyway.

Attempting to hack into other's PSN accounts leaves a trail. If Sony sees this trail, they will send the suspect to the slammer. The only way for a hacker to not leave a trail, is to not hack their account at all.

By the way, have you got the exact text of the hacking threat message, @xZAMGMarmite? I'm wondering what he said. (It's also a chance to let the thread be on the lookout for him)

I worked in IT security for a few years and know that 80% it's ****** (personal experience). When someone threatens to hack a account on some thing like online gaming, they have very little or no IT security knowledge on that scale or have no idea what they are doing or they are trying to scare that person.

All stuff that needs to be changed has been. And the penalties for any account hacking is much harsher than it was a few years ago.

And you have a PM @TheLuigi755 regarding that other question.

Latest Posts

Back