Worst You've Dealt With Online...

I took my Plymouth XNR into a room that was supposed to be for casual drivers at SSX, and some idiot in a hypercar could not stop ramming me, over and over. I didn't want to leave the room because that was admitting defeat, but on the other hand, what could I do? I quit the room, and for the most part, quit online racing/driving. The children ruin it for the rest of us.
Always seems to happen when you drive a small car or an underdog car like the XNR. If you ever want to have a casual drive, try looking up my club, linked in my signature.

I joined a car show lobby in my Cobra Daytona. A bunch of people were just fooling around and some guy even tried to ram me when I was parked, but I pressed the start button and witnessed he/she smash into a wall :lol: Anyway, the host threatened to kick the people that were just screwing around. He then asked for a category, to which I answered 'classic'. Some other guy said 'Honda'. He then once again threatened to kick people, and asked for a category again. I once again said 'classic' and another guy said 'Honda' only this time, I was kicked for no apparent reason :odd: I didn't even touch anyone else's car!

The next room I went to was a cruise room at Le Sarthe, 55-65 MPH. I went into it and almost everyone was drag racing on the main straight, from both directions! Hardly 'LOW AND SLOW', as it said in the name.

I joined a car show lobby in my Cobra Daytona. A bunch of people were just fooling around and some guy even tried to ram me when I was parked, but I pressed the start button and witnessed he/she smash into a wall :lol: Anyway, the host threatened to kick the people that were just screwing around. He then asked for a category, to which I answered 'classic'. Some other guy said 'Honda'. He then once again threatened to kick people, and asked for a category again. I once again said 'classic' and another guy said 'Honda' only this time, I was kicked for no apparent reason :odd: I didn't even touch anyone else's car!

The next room I went to was a cruise room at Le Sarthe, 55-65 MPH. I went into it and almost everyone was drag racing on the main straight, from both directions! Hardly 'LOW AND SLOW', as it said in the name.

There is a hatred among ricers for classic cars. The only classics they like are classic JDM's. They have absolutely no taste at all. :yuck:

This has happened to me a few times in free run lobbies: I'll just be driving normally when some idiot decides to drive the wrong way! I also don't see the point of disabling all driver aids but letting people use racing slicks on road cars, they're just as bad!
I agree 100%. I've always been strongly against using anything better than Sports Soft on road cars, it's just so dumb.
I forget who said this, but GT6 online is pretty much a Racing Softs wasteland.

I encourage the two posters above me to look at my sig :D

It seems recently, I have had quite a problem with a multitude of Maldonados (look up Bahrain 2014). I once watched a race - 1 lap of sierra. That's 17 miles. R34, FXX, MP4 12C, 458 (on SH tyres) and a Focus RS. Due to the large number of attempts to out-brake each other, the Focus and the SH tyre'd 458 kept up with the fully tuend R34, FXX and 12C. On EVERY SINGLE CORNER they ALL went into the wall.

This was one of the rare occasions that I wasn't caught in the middle!

Last edited:
I agree 100%. I've always been strongly against using anything better than Sports Soft on road cars, it's just so dumb.
I forget who said this, but GT6 online is pretty much a Racing Softs wasteland.
In my online lobbies & club events I restrict tyres to SH on road cars & RH on race cars for short races, and SM on road cars & RM on race cars for longer races that require tyre type change. I don't see much point in using SS/RS on road/race cars even with very fast tyre wear enabled.

FS7
In my online lobbies & club events I restrict tyres to SH on road cars & RH on race cars for short races, and SM on road cars & RM on race cars for longer races that require tyre type change. I don't see much point in using SS/RS on road/race cars even with very fast tyre wear enabled.
SS is fine on road cars, just not RS. I'll use racing tires on race cars though.

There is a hatred among ricers for classic cars. The only classics they like are classic JDM's. They have absolutely no taste at all. :yuck:

Are you implying all people who like Japanese cars are ricers who only like classic Japanese cars?

Which doesn't even make sense because the word 'ricer' means a car with stupid modifications like these...
image.jpg
image.jpg

Are you implying all people who like Japanese cars are ricers who only like classic Japanese cars?

Which doesn't even make sense because the word 'ricer' means a car with stupid modifications like these...
View attachment 297377 View attachment 297379
He's saying RICEers*, as in the context you posted, gravitate towards JP cars to the point of fanboyism, and will hate any other car despite it being great.

*I'm gonna explain this: Ridiculously Immature Car Enthusiasts, as it generally is now.

I always found the term a bit derogatory/racist, or at least it's often used in that way. What it is supposed to stand for is:

Race
Inspired
Cosmetic
Enhancements

i.e A car that looks like it's supposed to be fast but is pretty much in stock form mechanically.

I always found the term a bit derogatory/racist, or at least it's often used in that way. What it is supposed to stand for is:

Race
Inspired
Cosmetic
Enhancements

i.e A car that looks like it's supposed to be fast but is pretty much in stock form mechanically.
Racist...? You do know what racism is right?

And I know, but meanings change.

View attachment 297377 View attachment 297379

Ricers are people who modify their cars in ridiculous ways like what is shown above. When did I ever say that all people who like Japanese cars are ricers? :confused: And no, ricers respect and love ruining many different types of cars besides '80s and '90s JDM's. But as for all the other classics, they hate for stupid reasons such as "oh it's an old granpa car modern is more better." But for some reason they like classic JDM's. Must be that whole Initial D thing or whatever.

If you are trying to flamebait, please stop. I don't enjoy it at all.

"Or at least it's often used in that way"

May be I've just come across quite a few unpleasant people, but I've heard and seen some people use it in a racist way towards Japanese people.
I... how is RICEr in any context racist?

it's not.

I'd give you an example, but I'm not ready to have my GTP membership terminated just yet.
It isn't racist.

There is a difference between racism and just insulting someone, and that difference isn't the different nationalities. Example, I call a person from Japan (as you stated) an idiot, is it racism?

I know what racism is and your example is not racist. You'll have to use your imagination a bit more when thinking what comes out of the mouths of some vile individuals, how they associate things, how they connect words and terms, cultural and physical references, etc. Can we move on now?

I know what racism is and your examle is not racist. You'll have to use your imagination a bit more when thinking what comes out of the mouths of some vile individuals, how they associate things, how they connect words and terms, cultural and physical references, etc. Can we move on now?
Gladly. This was like talking to a brick wall.

Gladly. This was like talking to a brick wall.

No need for the put down if you couldn't figure out some scenarios I've experienced. There's more than one way to use a word. Anyhow, I'm not the only one who finds it can be used as a racial slur, especially when added with other offensive content.

"The term is often defined as offensive or racist stereotyping.[2][3][4] In some cases users of the term assert that it is not offensive or racist,"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_burner

No need for the put down if you couldn't figure out some scenarios I've experienced. There's more than one way to use a word. Anyhow, I'm not the only one who finds it can be used as a racial slur, especially when added with other offensive content.

"The term is often defined as offensive or racist stereotyping.[2][3][4] In some cases users of the term assert that it is not offensive or racist,"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_burner
That isn't the same as Ridiculously Immature Car Enthusiast... which is the context I made very clear I was talking about, I mean...

He's saying RICEers*,
*I'm gonna explain this: Ridiculously Immature Car Enthusiasts, as it generally is now.
This was literally what I posted, this is the exact context I explained and this is the reason you should consider reading posts.

I... how is RICEr in any context racist?
When someone associates the word with racism, that's how.

I don't find it offensive but have to allow for the fact that others do as clearly there are people who find it racist. The evidence is clearly in front of you, you happen to be arguing with one...Lewis need not explain why he/she feels this way just as you do not have to explain your perspective.

Look at the exact manner(context) you responded above...Surely you can agree that rice is a dominant fixture of Asians diets so put 2 & 2 together and let it go.

Erm, back to the worst?

Whenever people use you as a wall in a corner, allowing them to go at much higher speed through the corner while you get stuck in a patch of sand or something.

When someone associates the word with racism, that's how.

I don't find it offensive but have to allow for the fact that others do as clearly there are people who find it racist. The evidence is clearly in front of you, you happen to be arguing with one...Lewis need not explain why he/she feels this way just as you do not have to explain your perspective.

Look at the exact manner(context) you responded above...Surely you can agree that rice is a dominant fixture of Asians diets so put 2 & 2 together and let it go.
He used a completely different context (Rice Burner) to what anyone else used.

anyway, joined a room and heard the host say "It's called ramming not going to ghost"

That was enough for me to leave quickly

you should consider reading posts.

He's saying RICEers*

Also called Rice machine, rice rocket, rice grinder, or ricer

I don't know why this is so hard for you to comprehend. It doesn't matter what the abbreviation stands for exactly, or how you take it in context, other people associate things differently. The word/abbreviaton isn't only used to describe a car, but also the person themselves, whether they are driving a car or not. @Parcells2 knows where I'm coming from. There's enough debate on the internet to show that some people find it offensive and others don't. Why do you think somebody purposely cherry picked words so that when shortened, spelled out another word? I won't discuss this anymore.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ricer racist&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=8BDFVLrTFIGt7AasmIDoBw

Now I wish I could add to the topic but I have only been online twice in the past 2-3 weeks, only thing I can complain about are server issues.

Last edited:
I don't know why this is so hard for you to comprehend. It doesn't matter what the abbreviation stands for exactly, or how you take it in context, other people associate things differently. The word/abbreviaton isn't only used to describe a car, but also the person themselves, whether they are driving a car or not. @Parcells2 knows where I'm coming from. There's enough debate on the internet to show that some people find it offensive and others don't. Why do you think somebody purposely cherry picked words so that when shortened, spelled out another word? I won't discuss this anymore.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ricer racist&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=8BDFVLrTFIGt7AasmIDoBw

Now I wish I could add to the topic but I have only been online twice in the past 2-3 weeks, only thing I can complain about are server issues.
Not if they're explained thoroughly, as they were. As I said I am talking to a brick Wall.

And all this was caused by JDM_Tuning quoting my post. :banghead: Let's get back on topic. We don't want this thread to be locked.

Yeah it's my fault...

Anyway so what if people only like classic JDM cars, who are you to tell them they have no taste?

Respect their choice in cars and move on like what a true car enthusiast should do.

What on earth did I miss in the 24 or so hours since I've posted?!

Moving on swiftly...

I was in a lobby, today, as I'm sure you're shocked to hear. One of the 'recruitment' lobbies (if you can call it that) that I host for my club every now and then. In a previous post I mentioned people that join said lobbies (which have the title; "GT6 Free Runners Recruiting") and then have no idea what I'm on about when the club is mentioned.

As annoying a disregard for any kind of reading capability as this is, I got one better today! A chap joins, we'll call him Reginald. Reginald gets out an R35 Black Edition (never in a million years, right?), and starts lapping the track, all of a second a lap faster than the car I was driving (Camaro SS '10 I think). Reginald types in the chat box "race?". Race. In a free run lobby, whereby races physically cannot be started. As if the lobby being called "Free Runners Club" wasn't enough of a clue. He left shortly after I told him races cannot be started.

I sincerely hope that he felt like the illiterate prat he looked.

Back