VC and SA Superjumps--instructions, pics, & discussion

• Thread starter Spuds725
  • 331 comments
Jimmy Enslashay
I don't think there will be to be honest. I think Rockstar are aware of the SuperJump glitch, and I would say they fixed it. But who knows...
I'd think they would be aware of it from GTA 3 and fix it on VC. . .

Unless the superjumping on GTA 3 is a different type of glitch than VC. . . .Is it?

Well for starters, you obviously can't do it with Motorcycles. But, I would think that they fixed the Car Superjumping and thought the Bikes would be fine.

If anyone finds any Superjumps on San Andreas, it would surprise me.

Sorry, I havn't played GTA 3. Thanks for the short explanation though, I wasn't looking for a big long thing about GTA 3 superjumping, because I don't really care.

Edit-- Evidently there is more then one superjump-- see page two for discussion of the Crop Duster superjump.

Seymour, I'm going to image link off your pic-- if you don't want me to do this, pm me and if you say its ok, I will download it and upload it here or remove it entirely.

Seymours jump location and stats-
80739927.jpg

attachment.php

I did mess around with this for about an hour last night but was NOT successful-- I do have some observations:

As someone said in the other thread (Small_Fryz I think), the rock(s) up on top of Chilliad did not spawn all the time. I noticed that sometimes nothing was there, sometimes a bush, sometimes one rock and a bush, some times both rocks-- I did notice that if you (pushed the bike over with the quad bike) and get on the bike and ride that over by the monument and back up that at least one of the rocks would spawn-- then when I made a run for the rocks--I'd only back up far enough till the rocks would just start to fade away then gun it.

I tried driving into the rocks from various directions without luck--sometimes I got a little air but nothing spectacular, other times just bounced back.

I also tried driving the quadbike up on the rocks and tried to get it stuck-- various ways-- I was getting the "banging" sound you get (like on Phils place jump when its trying to free itself) and getting it to shake-- but the bike wasn't getting really stuck-- although I was getting the wheels to stick into the ground and the rock a little bit--- I also drove the bike up on the rocks and sort of got it stuck between the rocks.

Hopefully Seymour can describe or post a pic how he remembers he was stuck-- and how he drove up (which direction and speed and about how long you were stuck)-- and if both rocks were up there or not (I did notice that the one behind would not spawn on its own) so its either just the one (front) rock or both.

And how many times he has actually managed it (at least 2 times 65 flips and 200+) and if he did the same thing both times.

Also, do you remember which way you were shot (the direction you were facing or an entirely different direction)--

If you do get another one, if its convenient, take a pic of your stats screen or at least post all your numbers (height, distance, rotation, flips)--- I know some people here will be interested and if when word gets out, alot more people.

If you have the ability and the desire, if you can post a clip of doing one of your jumps.

Seymour, I'm sorry if I'm asking alot of you right now-- superjumping is very addictive and fun/frustrating-- and I kind of have a problem :nervous:

Any help you can give me (and the superjump community) would be greatly appreciated.

Spuds.

i am also having problems getting the rock to spawn regularly... no alarms and no suprises please -- that's what the rock says to me

there are two pieces of a log laying next to each other.. looks like you may be able to wedge a bike in there, only problem its laying on the ground.. you guys have a lot more experience with superjumps and the wedging process, might be worth checking out.

question: in VC could you do a superjump with any of bikes, or just the pcj?

IntegraGS-R
I tried it with both the Sanchez and the Freeway but couldn't get anything to happen. I don't think anyone got a Superjump with anything but a PCJ600.

KM.

I only tried a PCJ and a sanchez-- no luck with the sanchez-- I did see a pic of someone very high up on a faggio or pizzaboy though-- I forget where-- not sure if its possible on a bike in VC or SA if you can't get morphed-- at least you can stay on the bike upside down in SA so I'm still optimistic that its possible in SA.

Also, not sure if you all know or not, but the GTA3 superjump was done in a car (obviously)-- I've seen them with a cheetah (and have done it with a cheetah) and an Infernus-- so its not specifically limited to bikes--

See the VC superjump thread for some clips I posted and a link back to Rimjaw's site that had clips of GTA3 and VC superjumps-- I went ahead and emailed him to see if he had any luck and told him about seymours jump--- don't be surprised to see him here soon.

He is the superjump authority as far as I'm concerned.

Spuds

Seems like im the SA superjump qu......uhh..king! Id say it was a superjump even though ive never seen one done in VC or GTA3.

I drove as fast as the quadbike would go in that short space(it is not a fast vehicle) and around the middle of the rock. I dont think the speed matters because the quadbike hit the rock and didnt get air but the front wheels were up on the rock and the back wheels were on the ground and then it got kinda stuck and the backwheels were shaking then he just went through the rock and went crazy until hitting the ground near the trees.

Ive only had 2 good attempts which where 65 and 203 flips. Some others i landed in the 20s and 10s but nothing special. Next time i get it ill try and snapshot the stats at the bottom of the screen but my cameras kinda tricky and i might not be able to get a good shot before it dissapears.

I havent had any troubles with the rock not appearing sometimes it isnt visible but it appears just before i hit it as i know where it is. Its annoying for you non cheaters if you have to chase the quadbike down the mountain i just put in the quadbike cheat.

Does anyone have a video of superjumps in VC?

if you pause the game and go brief. it'll tell you the last couple onscreen messages you got.. you can take a screenshot from there... also. do a search for "superjump" and you should find some videos and such

IntegraGS-R
I've done one with a Pizza Boy. . . .

I really like what I'm hearing about this San Andreas superjump! I gotta try it soon. :dopey:

If I can't get a superjump after a few tries, then I think I'll blow the dust off the old Vice City case and do some PCJ flying! :sly:

seymour619
I drove as fast as the quadbike would go in that short space(it is not a fast vehicle) and around the middle of the rock. I dont think the speed matters because the quadbike hit the rock and didnt get air but the front wheels were up on the rock and the back wheels were on the ground and then it got kinda stuck and the backwheels were shaking then he just went through the rock and went crazy until hitting the ground near the trees.

Does anyone have a video of superjumps in VC?

Thanks for your help-- Seymour... I'd rather have a pic of the approximate place you were stuck (rather then your stats--if you can just write down your stats that would be cool--also put in your money as well as the jump stats)-- I noticed that the "collision" data up in that area is kind of spotty-- I've gotten wheels stuck pretty deep on a sanchez-- just not stuck hard.

I looked for the quad bike spawning cheat but did not find it-- I'm willing to use it while figuring this out simply because if you don't get the quad bike stuck, when you roll down the mountain a bit the bike will typically blow up.

Could you post that cheat seymour?

If you look in my sig I have a link to GTA related video clips and superjumps-- both of them have video clips of my superjumps-- some are repeated in both threads.

I'll go ahead and post these links here-- as well as Rimjaws down below

How to morph to a bike 445 KB and about 9 seconds

A Mediocre Phils Place Superjump 900 KB and about 22 seconds

A HIGH Phils Place Superjump 4 MB and 30 seconds

One of my few (sucessful) Lighthouse Superjumps 705 KB and about 15 seconds

A Packer Superjump 1.3 MB and 30 seconds

A teleport Phils Place Superjump 4 MB and 30 seconds

Integra-- if you aren't using internet explorer, his site is a litte glitchy-- don't know why-- I couldnt get to the video page with Mozilla Navigator but got there in internet explorer no problem.

Here are links to all his video clips-- he only had one diving board jump vid and that link was dead.

These are of the lighthouse ones posted on his site.

http://www.mygtastuff.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/superjump/videos/gaidin_vcsj.avi

http://www.mygtastuff.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/superjump/videos/halimaw_lh_sj.avi

http://www.mygtastuff.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/superjump/videos/halimaw_superjump.avi

These are of the Phils place ones at his site.

http://www.mygtastuff.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/superjump/videos/VC_pp_sj.AVI

http://www.mygtastuff.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/superjump/videos/RibbitVC-PPjump.wmv

Here are his GTA3 superjumps--- note this one is initiated by the L-train hitting the cars but this isn't what is causing the jump-- The general consensus is that the car is getting pushed into the tracks, momentarily stuck and freeing itself.

http://www.mygtastuff.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/superjump/videos/SJ1.wmv

http://www.mygtastuff.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/superjump/videos/SJ2.wmv

http://www.mygtastuff.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/superjump/videos/SJ3.wmv

http://www.mygtastuff.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/superjump/videos/SJ4.wmv

http://www.mygtastuff.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/superjump/videos/SJ5.wmv

Spuds

seymour619
the front wheels were up on the rock and the back wheels were on the ground and then it got kinda stuck and the backwheels were shaking

maybe you could show us a picture of exactly where you are on the rock? :)

I haven't tried Seymour's jump yet, but I have a spot I'm experimenting with and I can get between 2000-4000 regularly. I just have to figure out what angle and what speed to hit the spot at so that I hit the right rock on the way down so that I have enough speed to hit it to get spiinning but also to keep me going over the next couple of ridges. My only problem is that I can't get the rotations right so that I'm rotating head over heels and get loads of flips. I haven't gotten over 5 flips yet.

I'd try Seymour's jump, but every single time I get to the summit Mt. Chiliad, that rock isn't there. Without failure, it's not there.

So there you go.

KM.

The quadbike cheat is: left, left, down, down, up, up, square, circle, triangle, R1, R2

Some guy has just discovered a flying cars cheat which makes it very easy to make huge stunts with as many flips and distance and rotation as they want, so you might get alot of fakes running around

I saw a vid of that posted on GTA forums of that-- I was hoping it wasn't the regular flying cars cheat (a gameshark code or something)--- in VC, the stats were disabled-- I can provide vid clips of all my stunts so not a problem for me-- We will need to b vigilant for fakes.

Thanks for that code Seymour-- will make my retrying that superjump easier.

I need to find a health cheat also--

Note-- I do plan on submitting any records after a cheat code is entered-- this is only for figuring out this superjump.

Spuds

Spuds725
I need to find a health cheat also--

Spuds
That's the same as Vice City, I know how to do it with my hands bt I can't for the life of my write it down...sorry.

I went and found this, I'm not sure if it will work but you mayaswell try it, just don't save:
Full Health & Armor ( + Money )
R1, R2, L1, X, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up

Hopefully that works ;)

Blake

you look alot farther in that rock then I ever got. I didn't know you could get that far in-I've been trying to get on the rocks more then in the rocks.

Have you been trying to gun it and turn your steering wheel and stuff- and have you heard like a banging sound??? A shaking and banging sound is usually a precursor to a superjump.

Seymour did you have both rocks up there--Integra's pic only shows the front one.

Thanks for those codes Blake--- I think I found that one but never tried it-- it was listed as only armor and money on GTA forums

[off topic] Speaking of GTA forums, Since Demarest got banned over there, one of the admins over there made me a forum leader for the Vice city subforum over there-- that means I'm a moderator for the VC subforum only-- I can lock, pin threads, move them, etc... but only in the 5 VC sections. I have mixed feelings over this since Demarest was a friend over there and I hated to see him go [/off topic]

Spuds.

i didn't do that by ramming the rock.. i parked a quad bike there when there was no rock, then went back and forth til the rock spawned with the quadbike semi-inside of it...

also, when you get off the bike lodged in the rock (it doesn't move much at all and wont come out) you get off into the rock, and are instantly teleported to a little farther than the mountain bike spawns. but i haven't been able to do anythign interesting while on the bike :(

Spuds725[off topic
Speaking of GTA forums, Since Demarest got banned over there, one of the admins over there made me a forum leader for the Vice city subforum over there-- that means I'm a moderator for the VC subforum only-- I can lock, pin threads, move them, etc... but only in the 5 VC sections. I have mixed feelings over this since Demarest was a friend over there and I hated to see him go [/off topic]Spuds.
I[edit off topic stuff, may as weel keep this on topic]

edit: I see your name has been added as moderator to all the Vice City forums Spuds. Good luck to you. I'd rather be a Vice City forum mod @ GTAforums.com than a San Andreas mod having to put up with the daily nonsense there.

KM.

that's where they're talking about.. the guy describing it sounds retarded.. another guy said he did it too, but i haven't been able to do it yet.

edit: so far the plane just blows up and kills me

did it, i flew off the bike and died, but it was spinning like crazy.. i was driving into the wing from different places, try the back part of the wing (i used the passenger side wing)

gnomefromnome
I was just on GameFaqs, and it appears someone has found a superjump. For some odd reason I can't post a hyperlink, but here's the thread -

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=36831&topic=18723344.

Gamefaqs blocks hyperlinks to individual pages-- you can only link directly to directory pages. YOu can however copy the link and paste it in your address bar to go to a page directly.

I read through the thread and didn't make alot of sense of it-- what exactly did you do Integra??

Just drive under the crop duster??

Did you use a sanchez too??

Try to describe in detail what you did and if you can, post a pic-- I know where you are talking about.

I'm at work for the next 9 hours so I can't try it til I get home :banghead:

I'm about fed up with Seymours jump--I've spent at least 90 minutes up there today trying everything-- Nothing-- maybe its only possible in the southern hemisphere-- the spawn quadbike cheat sure helps as does the health cheat-- but I hate using any cheats.

Spuds

i agree, i haven't gotten anything from that rock.. this one i have done 3 times, but always fall off.. if only there was a morph thingy.. i have been sent as far as the 5 silo-thingies in a row.. you're pretty much just wedging yourself under the plane from the front to the side of the engine.. i can take some pictures in a bit if anyone wants... one of the attemps shot me near the farm, where i found a riding lawn mower (first one i've seen) so i decided to take it up to the crop duster, but it just blew up

edit: another one spawns here

When I do this I'll probably just bring a couple back to verdant meadows and park them in the hangar.

Did you use a sanchez?? Might want to try different bikes.

Why are you falling off?? It seems like if you are flying pretty far, you need to be hitting someting to fall off and if so you should be getting stats-- unless your wheels need to hit to get the stats. I'd keep trying, you should get stats for something eventually-- I recommend that you reserve a save slot for these so you don't fudge up your other jump stats.

Are you getting high or low tragectory jumps??

Back