VC and SA Superjumps--instructions, pics, & discussion

• Thread starter Spuds725
  • 331 comments
The packer superjump clip-- I cut it off before the stats came up-- I had a quick bounce and the stats at end are for before the bounce, not the higher jump--not that it was very good anyway-- you can't see if very well but I think the best position is when you are at a 45 degree angle pointed toward the left rear corner of the packer-- you need to try and get in position before it falls on you--for whatever reason it stays up for a bit-- this is also in the clips section and I will post in the super jump thread.

For you Superjump impaired people, this one is actually easier then the other superjumps in my opinion-- I was only trying for 5 minutes before my first one. Also, the bike does not take as much damage in this one so you can get several tries before you need to heal or reload.

A Packer Superjump 1.3 MB and 30 seconds

Looks quite easy. Not a very big superjump either, but still, I want to actually do one, so thanks for that Spuds, you Superjumping machine, you. :lol:

I got some better ones at the airport (I just didn't tape them). I was doing them in vice port at first until I got a short one that shot me in the water. I had one from where the packer is parked by the east jetway that shot me over the terminal building and I hit the big sign in front (the wave sign)--that one was 8500 degrees.

My 300+ meter one was shot south(ish) I landed very close to the water-- I haven't had a real high one yet though-- I've done maybe 20 to 30 jumps so far.

Well, I tried the Packer Superjump. I had difficulty actually getting it to Superjump on alot of occasions, but I managed 3 Superjumps. The first one went from the Packer at Vice Port onto the road it was facing. Pathetic. Finally got another one...it didn't even get air-born but it got around 1500 degrees rotation. :lol: The last one was a little better, but still fairly poor, although I'm not exactly experienced at these in any way. I got 2143 degrees. Good for me, pathetic for you guys. I'm going to have a go at Phil's Place again sometime in the near future.

I'm posting this for Koak-- a new member who PMed me and is having problems-- a clip of getting in position for phils place superjump.

I'm pretty sure the 3rd time I backed up in this clip I got stuck so pay close attention to the end of the clip.

Remember if you fall to the side and your bike stays pointed south-- you are doing everything right-- it just doesn't happen sometimes.

Phils place set up 4.3 MB and 30 seconds

I left the audio and video at a fairly high resolution so you can see and hear what I'm doing.

At the time of this writing, the clip is still uploading-- give it another 10-15 minutes after the time of this posting before you try to download it.

Spuds

For the video:
Like I said in the PM (wich you probably haven't read yet), there are no picture when I open the movie (Just sound). I think it's because I need some programs (or other things) that i don't have. (And I can't download them, because I need to watch the movie at school (My PC is quite old (Win 98--200MHz)) and we don't have permission to download things from Internet.

I think it was Windows Media. I will check it tomorrow and reply here.
And for the Packer Super Jump, I will try it as soon as I get on the PS2. (Correction: My brother's PS2 :) )

Download WinAMP. It should work. If not, find the appropriate Codecs. Ask the guys over in the Computers & Electronics Forum.

No I can't:
koak
(And I can't download them, because I need to watch the movie at school (My PC is quite old (Win 98--200MHz)) and we don't have permission to download things from Internet.

But I don't matter.

**Time to eat. I'll perform superjumping after**

EDIT: Oh yeah my first Super Jump! (And few others after)

My first was a REALLY good one. The others weren't so great.

Stats of my first Super Jump (Packer Version):

INSANE STUNT BONUS: $3087

Distance: 70 ft Height: 1116 ft (it may be 116 ft, the numbers are too close so i can't see) Flips: 0 Rotation 31115° (!)

I was sent REALLY high in the sky, spinning like a demon. Then my bike started to smoke (light grey smoke). When I hurt the ground, it caught fire, but continued to spin really fast on the ground. (Giving me a 800°+ rotation :dopey: ) I couldn't get off the bike before he explode, so i died.

And like if it wasn't already good, I recorded ALL the Super Jump (From when I start moving the Packer to when i'm Wasted).

koak
No I can't:

My first was a REALLY good one. The others weren't so great.

Stats of my first Super Jump (Packer Version):

INSANE STUNT BONUS: $3087

Distance: 70 ft Height: 1116 ft (it may be 116 ft, the numbers are too close so i can't see) Flips: 0 Rotation 31115° (!)

I was sent REALLY high in the sky, spinning like a demon. Then my bike started to smoke (light grey smoke). When I hurt the ground, it caught fire, but continued to spin really fast on the ground. (Giving me a 800°+ rotation :dopey: ) I couldn't get off the bike before he explode, so i died.

And like if it wasn't already good, I recorded ALL the Super Jump (From when I start moving the Packer to when i'm Wasted).

Holy cow!! Thats awesome for a first successful one.

Congrats-- It was probably 1116-- thats quite a good rotation and I doubt you could have got it with only 116 feet of height. I haven't had any near that good with the packer but I read of some like that with people using the PC version.

I'll have to give the packer some more tries. Glad I could help you get one-- When you want to try the Phils place one again, let me know and I'll try to help you out more.

I'm thinking of starting a superjump record book in this thread so we can list the best ones for each location--rather then list them all in the main recordbook-- I willl still keep the overall best superjumps there.

I will try and post pics and instructions for packer and the GTA3 superjump tomorrow if I get a chance--otherwise I won't be able to get to it til monday---Hopefully I'll be too busy to do it next tuesday.

Spuds.

I would like to put the video here, but I don't know how to transfer it from Tape to PC. (And it will probably impossible to do it with mine.)

Bad Thing: I accidentaly recorde over the end of the Super Jump. We see Tommy and the bike hit the ground, spin about 3-4 seconds and the another record goes on. (so we don't see the bike explode) But I don't matter. I'm still having the whole Super Jump. (It's maybe harder to see the Stats, but I can press "Still" on the controller)

So, I on to some other Super Jumping experience :)

Hi guys. Although I'm new here, I am not new to superjumping.
I currently run the superjump records website. I took over the records page back when it was just the GTA3 superjump, but now it has blossomed with the current superjumps (except the Packer, but I may well add that soon).

I just recently learned about the Packer jump, but in the last two days I've had 4 pretty good jumps.

Double Insane $4895
D: 181.12m
H: 286.7m
R: 22760°

Double Insane $5310
D: 193.13m
H: 319.90m
R: 24318°

Double Insane $6057
D: 417.65m
H: 384.69m
R: 25647°

Double Insane $6878
D: 93.71m
H: 446.84m
R: 30964°

The main reason I've come to these forums (thanks to Spuds725) is that there is no current superjump thread on the GameFAQs forums. There are still people who jump, but not regularly.

If only I had video capture equipment, I could post a ton of videos (I've got about 3 hours of GTA3 superjumps, and probably close to 3 hours of Vice City superjumps).

Anyway, I should be able to help if anyone has any specific problems.

Everyone,

Just so everyone knows, Rimjaw runs the sight I linked to on the front page of this thread, which is where I learned to superjump-- (I think he was superjumping before I even played vice city) and has far more experience at them then me. I emailed him inquiring about the diving board superjump and sent him a link here in case he wanted to check it out---

Anyway, he's the man if you have any questions.

Also, Rimjaw-- I don't know if you read through the thread but I think I found a way to boost your height on the PHils place one-- I'm not sure if it did or not but the day I was doing them I was getting alot more high ones then usual-- Deli Dingo thinks it was boosting his too....in case you wanted to revisit the Phils place one.

I first mentioned it here

Rotation wise, I still haven't bested my teleport jumps.

Spuds

Welcome Rimjaw.

I do have a question. I can't seem to pull off any Superjumps other than the Packer Superjump. Neither can Blake (another Australian). Now we've tried for ages, and we aren't doing anything wrong. I have the PAL version (Australia and Europe) and I was thinking maybe I can't do it because they've fixed some bugs with the game on the PAL version, or something similar to that.

I haven't seen any Australian pull off a Superjump, and I don't recall any European doing it to. Any ideas?

Jimmy Enslashay
Welcome Rimjaw.

I do have a question. I can't seem to pull off any Superjumps other than the Packer Superjump. Neither can Blake (another Australian). Now we've tried for ages, and we aren't doing anything wrong. I have the PAL version (Australia and Europe) and I was thinking maybe I can't do it because they've fixed some bugs with the game on the PAL version, or something similar to that.

I haven't seen any Australian pull off a Superjump, and I don't recall any European doing it to. Any ideas?

Kieran Murphy lives in Ireland-- its gotta be a south of the equator thing :lol: you probably have to do it backwards and get your head stuck in the gate instead of the wall :dopey:

Send me the airfare and the money to cover the time I miss at work and I'll get you superjumping

p.s. Look at this

Attachments

• RIMJAW.JPG
    RIMJAW.JPG
    2.5 KB · Views: 56
Hmm, odd. Me or Blake can't seem to get it working. Maybe when editing to get rid of the Hookers and Gore Mode, the Editors fixed the Superjumping glitch?

I don't know. It's weird. If any other Australians tried Superjumping and came to this thread, it would be easier to get confirmation.

Jimmy - I'm not sure why you're having problems. I'm also PAL, so it's not that likely that they fixed the collision detection physics just for the Aussie version.

Until I found out about the Packer jump, I was primarily doing the Phil's Place jump, although I only managed a few of the south facing jumps, after I figured out about the west facing jumps I spent a long time (probably close to 40 or 50 hours realtime) just doing them (personally I think it's easier to get a jump that way).

I'm currently trying to resolve the problems I'm having with my site, so hopefully that will all be back to normal soon.

Jimmy Enslashay
Hmm, odd. Me or Blake can't seem to get it working. Maybe when editing to get rid of the Hookers and Gore Mode, the Editors fixed the Superjumping glitch?

The thing about Superjumping is that until you've successfully done a couple, it's impossible to know if you're doing it right. It took me ages to get a successful Phil's Place one. I read the instructions I'd come across but it's not until you've done a couple that you get a feel for the position of the bike, how much to back up the bike before you accelerate etc.

KM.

Rimjaw
after I figured out about the west facing jumps I spent a long time (probably close to 40 or 50 hours realtime) just doing them (personally I think it's easier to get a jump that way).

I'm currently trying to resolve the problems I'm having with my site, so hopefully that will all be back to normal soon.

You will have to explain what you mean by "west facing" (when you get time)??? I've had a few teleport ones where I was facing west-- but in almost all of mine I was facing south.

Also, I was able to load your diving board superjump page yesterday...

anyway no hurry, I think alot of us will be pretty busy soon....

Spuds

Rimjaw
I was primarily doing the Phil's Place jump, although I only managed a few of the south facing jumps, after I figured out about the west facing jumps I spent a long time (probably close to 40 or 50 hours realtime) just doing them (personally I think it's easier to get a jump that way).
Well I've never been able to get the Phil's Place jump working, nor has Blake. We've tried for ages, even started doing it different ways. It just seems as if it's impossible on our games, which I wouldn't think it is.

Give us the link to your site when you've fixed it up. Could be of good help.

KM -- I've done the Packer Superjump, seen numerous Phil's Place Superjump videos, etc. I'm about 99.99% positive I'm doing it right, I just can't get it working. I have some government conspiracy preventing me and Blake from doing Phil's Place Superjumps. I swear.

:lol:

Jimmy, I believe that it is very easy to do Phil's Place superjumps. I pulled some off within ten minutes of first learning how to do them. I think you and Blake are fairly smart (sometimes), so I don't believe that you are doing it wrong. I think that the only possible answer is that your version of Vice City is different. By the way, when you try to do a superjump, does Tommy and the bike ever seem to stretch or get bigger? This should happen right before you perform a superjump.

http://www.mygtastuff.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/sjmain.htm

Rimjaw's site is where I learned--link on front page of this thread. I do like the way the records are organized ther--I just think it would take up too much room in the recordbook thread to do it like that.

There is also a GTA3 superjump page there, if the links are dead, lemme know and I'll email one or more to you--in case you want to try it-- its not too hard to get one but the big ones are pretty rare--I've had lots of little ones.

My tommy doesn't seem to ever stretch though--I've heard that described numerous times but it doesn't look like it to me-- he just shakes/wiggles in mine.

I didn't have much trouble with Phils either after I brought a PCJ there..I tried with a Sanchez with no luck the first time---then wasted hours trying to get the lighthouse one before I went back to Phils with a PCJ--then it took me 5 minutes to get it.

Maybe after SA comes out you guys can mail your VC disk to KM or Rimjaw and see if it works on their games (since you all are have PAL version)-- only way to solve the mystery--well cheapest way anyway.

Also, I think I figured out a way to verify superjump stats as long as I get all the stats including the money posted for a jump-- I have to go through some jumps stats and figure out if VC actually calculates the money or if there is a randomness associated with the money pay out for a jump-- I have to sit down with some paper one day and check some stuff in my old calculas book--the algebra involved in figuring out a formula for jumps is pretty involved--I hope I'm up to it-- I'm pretty good at math but its been years since I did some serious algebra-- last time was about 9 years ago in a quantum mechanics/statistical mechanics course I took in college (I have a chemistry degree (BS) in case anyone is wondering)-- anyway once I figure out a formula, all I have to do is plug in the stats for a jump and see what money it calculates and then compare it to the money payout for the jump.

I suppose someone else could figure this out though too, so it still won't be proof...but I think I'll do it anyway.

Spuds

Spuds725
There is also a GTA3 superjump there, if the links are dead, lemme know and I'll email one or more to you.

How does the GTA3 superjump compare to the Vice City superjumps? Is it harder, easier, etc.?

I'm the laziest GTA player in the universe, but if it's not too difficult I might try it.

KM.

Deli Dingo
I know I'm good at VC street racing, but I couldn't even be bothered trying.
Nope. Even when I did the Packer Superjump, Tommy didn't. He shakes around, jerks around and then just stops. Most of the time it just gets stuck (the bike).

Thanks for the link Spuds, I'll check that out next time I'm home.

Back