Official Mission Hall Thread (help, hints, general discussion, etc.)

• Thread starter justin_tyme
  • 1,545 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm already use to the handling of the SLR and know the track pretty well but the closest I can get is about 5 seconds. Haven't tried in a couple days though -- need to find out where I'm losing the most time before the Carrousel.

DRT2RM
I'm already use to the handling of the SLR and know the track pretty well but the closest I can get is about 5 seconds. Haven't tried in a couple days though -- need to find out where I'm losing the most time before the Carrousel.

I took the liberty of mapping Sambertos splits and noting where on the track they are :

+ 1'49.873 - Flugplatz
+ 1'40.794 - Arembergkurve, just after entering into Fuchsrohre
+ 1'32.915 - Adenauer Forst
+ 1'19.250 - Breidscheid
+ 1'06.704 - Bergwerk / Kesselschen
+ 0'55.198 - Klostertal
+ 0'40.745 - Hohe Acht
+ 0'31.277 - Eiskurve
+ 0'25.307 - Sprunghugel
+ 0'13.339 - Dottinger Hohe
+ 0'04.909 - Tiergarten

Map :

nordschleife_1024.jpg

Cripes.

I'm losing nearly a SECOND before Flugplatz... *scratches head* I'm about 4s down by Klostertal...

Famine
Cripes.

I'm losing nearly a SECOND before Flugplatz... *scratches head* I'm about 4s down by Klostertal...

Yearh well - MY splits are guarded better than the files on who killed JFK....

Flerbizky
I took the liberty of mapping Sambertos splits and noting where on the track they are :

+ 1'49.873 - Flugplatz
+ 1'40.794 - Arembergkurve, just after entering into Fuchsrohre
+ 1'32.915 - Adenauer Forst
+ 1'19.250 - Breidscheid
+ 1'06.704 - Bergwerk / Kesselschen
+ 0'55.198 - Klostertal
+ 0'40.745 - Hohe Acht
+ 0'31.277 - Eiskurve
+ 0'25.307 - Sprunghugel
+ 0'13.339 - Dottinger Hohe
+ 0'04.909 - Tiergarten
Thanks!! That'll help me out a lot! 👍

DRT2RM
Thanks!! That'll help me out a lot! 👍
No problem... Might as well share the info...

And another question - Samberto - are you using a DFP or a DS2 ? (Or something else for that matter ?...)

Flerbizky
No problem... Might as well share the info...

And another question - Samberto - are you using a DFP or a DS2 ? (Or something else for that matter ?...)
Something else? Oh, recreational substances…not recently. I use the DFP without fail. I’m looking into getting some weighted pedals and a recaro to improve upon my shabby set-up.

Edit: it is important to note that I did the GTR slip stream mission with the DS2. In fact I used the d-pad (tap tap) to make small corrections to ensure that the cars behind were able to stream me effectively. Artificial crap...

Samberto
Something else? Oh, recreational substances…not recently.
So you're saying that half a bottle of Absinthe before doing MH34 is a bad idea ?...

I use the DFP without fail. I’m looking into getting some weighted pedals and a recaro to improve upon my shabby set-up.
My pedals are acting up as well.. Think it's time to call Logitech... What kinda pedals are you looking at ?.. Something NOT costing US$ 300+ I hope...

Flerbizky
So you're saying that half a bottle of Absinthe before doing MH34 is a bad idea ?...
My pedals are acting up as well.. Think it's time to call Logitech... What kinda pedals are you looking at ?.. Something NOT costing US$ 300+ I hope...
I need to do a little more research before purchasing, although cost is not really a concern. Nor should it be for Danes who sun themselves in Spain…

Samberto
I need to do a little more research before purchasing, although cost is not really a concern. Nor should it be for Danes who sun themselves in Spain…
Like I can afford stuff like that at the moment. I've got Snowboard vacation coming up in 3 weeks as well :grumpy:

Anyway - Just got off the phone with Logitech. They're sending me a new wheel with the upgraded pedals.. I haven't been extremely unhappy with the DFP pedals, so I think I can get along with a set that's working...

And trust me, if I had the room for a Recaro, I had one ;)

F(ester)ing blow(holes) on a s(lightly) f(rayed) dog's c(ollar).

I can't make Samberto's replay work. I'm assuming it's an NTSC/Asia or China version, compared to my NTSC/J?

Famine
F(ester)ing blow(holes) on a s(lightly) f(rayed) dog's c(ollar).

I can't make Samberto's replay work. I'm assuming it's an NTSC/Asia or China version, compared to my NTSC/J?

Works fine in my DMS4pro chipped PAL PS2 with a chinese GT4.....

Check your PM box....

I checked the Hex. BISCAJ-30009 as opposed to BICSPS-15007. Chinese GT4 as compared to Japanese GT4.

I had a quick try at converting the region code, but to no avail. :(

That is a shame; I was under the impression that it was possible. Nonetheless, the serious folk will be recording PAL replays soon enough.

VV, have you any tips/ideas for replay translations?

Flerbizky
What version of the SLR is in your game ?... The one in mine has about as much grip as a wheelbarrow on a frozen hill and enough understeer to fuel a complete boatload of turboed Honda Civivs... Ohhh... Did I mention the horrible instability at high speed ?... This car suxx...

Oh well...what can i say? Practise makes perfect...and i dunno but all the cars i tested before were stock up to 300hp with normal (not sport) tyres.And i did about 100 laps on nurburgring before...for fun, time trial. That track is soo amazing....

Brake little bit later, use racing lines, use accel to correct understeer and use accel under braking to make car more stable.Watch some real onboard videos to find out what is best trajectory ..... and practise :)

Plopper
Sorry can't post replays.

I'm going to try again today. If I was close like you are I know, like you I'd be able to do it, but 11 seconds???
I have a one lap sample replay of my recently completed mission 18 here (won by less than 2 seconds). See if that helps you any. (I was making it more as a nice video for people's enjoyment than an instructional movie, so you might not learn so much. But feel free to take a look. I could maybe get a version with full telemetry and 1st person if you really want.)

Can someone help me out and give me some advice on Mission 29? It's the Corvette One Lap Magic. Supposedly i'm always losing 2 seconds behind the C1; I've tried a lot, like not shifting to 2nd on the opening turns and letting it rev from 3rd. I think i'm losing the most time with the 180 turns (this is usually where I meet up with the C5 Z06).

Any advice is appreciated!

I guarantee you it's the first corner - the tight 2nd gear right.

You need to accelerate before you see the apex. Practise this corner a lot and you'll find the time just falls away.

You want to be seeing the Z06 as you're coming through the long downhill left hander and pass him before the braking zone for the two 90 degree rights. The Grand Sport should go before you exit these corners. Then it's past the next two before the bottom hairpin and past the C1 as you hit the dogleg before the line.

Oh grood, I can't wait to throw my DS2 at something at one point. I've just golded the final IA licence and then started again on the mission races. I have been practicing with my wheel, but i'm not up to scratch as I am with the DS2 so i'll stickl with the controller.

Don't worry i'll probably be back here with a tale of woe and broken controllers later. Just finished the Mission with the GT40 at Laguna and it's been pretty fun so far.

It's funny because the Infineon Raceway mission seems easy (especially since I know the track very well) but it's like, i'm barely catching up. On the other hand, Mission 28, the Fuji Speedway 2005 with the Toyota family was incredibly easy; did it on the first try, with some mistakes and grass time! Even came out a second and change ahead!

wtf Ky... wtf.

The Locust
It's funny because the Infineon Raceway mission seems easy (especially since I know the track very well) but it's like, i'm barely catching up. On the other hand, Mission 28, the Fuji Speedway 2005 with the Toyota family was incredibly easy; did it on the first try, with some mistakes and grass time! Even came out a second and change ahead!

wtf Ky... wtf.
Yeah, some of the mission halls were kind of easy. Like the Ford GT40 one -- a car bumped into me and gave me a 5 second penalty but I still beat it :lol:

-0.119!!!! Thanks Famine! I found by not braking all the way (analogging the brake) helped with the snake curves, and also blipping is better than analogging the accelerator. Still one of the harder missions I must say.

I also did it in -0.00 but they didn't give it to me!!! =(

Samberto
Ok, here it is. You will of course need the save converter and the Chinese/Asian version of the game.

As you can see, this mission is not really about driving…in fact I would say that it is artificial bollocks that has little to do with real world racing.

Enjoy Spain.

Edit: save tool to convert to .xps
http://www.ps2savetools.com/download.php?op=getit&lid=74

Great i'm bloody stuck on this one at the moment. I'll have to download this.

Well - Getting new pedals didn't fix Mission 34.. But a new 12 seconds off including ONE 5 second penalty and a seriously long runoff has made me think that I may, eventually, make it...

Fingers crossed...

Flerbizky
Well - Getting new pedals didn't fix Mission 34.. But a new 12 seconds off including ONE 5 second penalty and a seriously long runoff has made me think that I may, eventually, make it...

Fingers crossed...

Is 34 the SLR Mission? And I thought you said you get to drive a Toyota 7 in one of the missions.

Race Idiot
Is 34 the SLR Mission? And I thought you said you get to drive a Toyota 7 in one of the missions.
Nope - You _win_ the Toyota 7 after mission 30 IIRC...

And yes, Mission 34 is the damn SLR.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back