Official Mission Hall Thread (help, hints, general discussion, etc.)

• Thread starter justin_tyme
  • 1,545 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hated and liked Mission 34. Hated the fact that you have to sit and wait for 2'03 seconds until you can actually start the race. But I loved the fact that its hard to beat. The AI kinda makes it a PITA, they like to steal your line while you pass them. They hit you, thus giving you a 5 second penalty.

Mission 29 is a joke, a easy 1,000,000 credits :lol:

3rdgenracerX
I hated and liked Mission 34. Hated the fact that you have to sit and wait for 2'03 seconds until you can actually start the race. But I loved the fact that its hard to beat. The AI kinda makes it a PITA, they like to steal your line while you pass them. They hit you, thus giving you a 5 second penalty.

Mission 29 is a joke, a easy 1,000,000 credits :lol:

Yes, the inability to skip the counter makes the mission more frustrating than it ought to be. Just as one begins to relax with the sound on mute, you notice that the DFP is moving around…
3rd Gen, do you have the means to upload a replay file of mission 34? I would be interested in comparing splits.

Samberto
Yes, the inability to skip the counter makes the mission more frustrating than it ought to be. Just as one begins to relax with the sound on mute, you notice that the DFP is moving around…
3rd Gen, do you have the means to upload a replay file of mission 34? I would be interested in comparing splits.
I have an Xport but I never saved the race :ouch: :dunce:

I can roughly remember my split times though, which are in blue
+ 1'49.873 -Same! - Flugplatz
+ 1'40.794 -+1'40.5ish - Arembergkurve, just after entering into Fuchsrohre
+ 1'32.915 -+1'32.3ish - Adenauer Forst
+ 1'19.250 -+1'18.5ish - Breidscheid
+ 1'06.704 -+1'05.2ish - Bergwerk / Kesselschen
+ 0'55.198 -+54.1ish - Klostertal
+ 0'40.745 -+39.3ish - Hohe Acht
+ 0'31.277 -+30.1ish - Eiskurve
+ 0'25.307 -+24.2ish - Sprunghugel
+ 0'13.339 -+12.3ish - Dottinger Hohe
+ 0'04.909 -+???? Tiergarten I was about to pass the lead car so I didn't pay attention to the split time.

I passed the SL65 AMG, on the straightaway between, Klostertal and the Karussell.
I passed the SL500 on the straight away in Brunnchen. He held me up some, I really could have passed him the turn before but he cut me off big time and I had to slam on the brakes to avoid him!
I passed the 190E just after Schwalbenschwanz, this gave me a clear run to power the heck through Galenkopf uninpeeded.
I passed the SLK 230 close to Anotniusbuche.
I passed the 300SL around Tiergarten split time.

I think I had about 3.5 seconds up on the 300SL at the finish line.
I was using the DFP with the sequential shifter. I have the PStwo turned on right now while i'm watching the Daytona ARCA race. I'm gonna give this mission a run with the DS2 :lol: I don't think i'll be able to beat it with the ds2.

Great shame about the replay…however, congratulations are in order. How many full attempts did it take for you to achieve a three second victory? Hmm, as soon as the PAL version arrives, I think I may just get back on to mission 34.

Samberto
Great shame about the replay…however, congratulations are in order. How many full attempts did it take for you to achieve a three second victory? Hmm, as soon as the PAL version arrives, I think I may just get back on to mission 34.
Alot of tries :lol: I kept getting hung up while trying to cleanly pass the SL65 and the SL500. I kept meeting them in the worst places possible and lost many seconds waiting to pass them or making some kind of contact and getting the 5 second penalty.
When I finished the race for the 1st time I was 2 seconds off, did that a couple more time's. Then on the 5th or 6th full lap I finished a painful .019 behind! Argh that was just awful to come that close. Then I did it agian and won by about 1 second and did it a few more times until I was kicking butt.
The race is fun because its so hard, unlike every other Nurburgring lap in the liscens test's that are pitifully easy to beat this one is not. Since I like the nurb that makes it even more fun to do when its a real challenge to win. Just a small bobble will ruin the whole race. Now if only we could get around the stupid 2 minute wait.

3rdgenracerX
I'm gonna give this mission a run with the DS2 :lol: I don't think i'll be able to beat it with the ds2.

Hmm DS2, I don’t believe that I’ll be trying that trick. Incidentally, It will be interesting to see if PD modifies Mission 34 for the western releases of the game. As the majority of players will be unable to beat it, the inclusion of a medal system as in the prologue missions would make sense.

Edit: if I can link my better sectors, I should be able to pull a 1.5 second victory over the 300SL…now to find two extra painfully lengthy seconds. Nice to have something to shoot for. 👍

Samberto, you sir i Salute you . I just watched u replay and i bet you that at the final corner your heart was jumping up and down like there is no tomowrow. i myself just finish level 11 with toyota 2000gt (12 hours of play in 2days). but there is no way in hell i will keep playing mission hall they are ultra hard.
3rdgenracerX , how in the hell u finished with three second ? can i ask how many hours you spend playing in the mission hall . i am in my second joypad and there is a crack in the middle of it. am going to buy another one (unbreakble one ) any advice ? thx guys and sorry for the bump , but anyone who finish The last mission need a reward from polyphony or at least a ranking board, this is a must for the english version ;)

Samberto
Hmm DS2, I don’t believe that I’ll be trying that trick

I've not got around to it yet, but I've done all of the rest of Mission Hall - and the licences - with a DS2...

Man, and I thought Mission 26 was tough... now trying to do 34. At least I've got these split times to help me figure out where I am losing time (and with a best of 42 seconds behind, I've got alot to make up :yuck: ). Thanks for posting the map, too, as I had no idea what parts of the track people were talking about before...

Spazum888
does anyone have any "hints" or "tips" for the GTR slipstream mission? im soo confused on how to beat this one
The hints and tips that you require are within this thread. It might help if you read it...

As I type this I'm sitting on the start line of Tsubuka, waiting for nearly a full minute for the actual race to start. Why PD couldn't have had a skip feature, or just simply dispersed the field throughout the circuit is beyond me. Lots of gamers are gonna get pissed at having to sit around doing nothing because a bunch of programmers are too lazy to have done any of this.

Ev0
As I type this I'm sitting on the start line of Tsubuka, waiting for nearly a full minute for the actual race to start. Why PD couldn't have had a skip feature, or just simply dispersed the field throughout the circuit is beyond me. Lots of gamers are gonna get pissed at having to sit around doing nothing because a bunch of programmers are too lazy to have done any of this.

Almost forgivable in the rushed NTSC/J version. Completely unforgivable in delayed PAL and NTSC editions. The wait for mission 34 will do your head in…

I know, this is dumb, but on the mission with the Toyota 2000GT, how the hell am I able to catch up to 1st on New York!? Best I've gotten is 2nd. :ouch:

Help.

McLaren F1GTR
I know, this is dumb, but on the mission with the Toyota 2000GT, how the hell am I able to catch up to 1st on New York!? Best I've gotten is 2nd. :ouch:

Help.

Just keep hacking away at it, eventualy you will figure out that most of the mission races are just time trials with cars in the way. The only trick is learning the course, more than in the half arsed way you would drive it during a normal race. It involves putting in 3 perfect laps.

Since i've lost my Chineese copy of GT4 I have gone back to the Japanese one. So i've golded all the licences upto the iA and then cracked on with the missionez, again. I've got upto the one lap magic at Suzuka and i'm getting pissed off with it again, the 70+ second wait plus that bloody civic sitting on the Apex before the final chicane just made me stop playing. Sometimes I just need a break from doing the missions, well mainly those one lap magics. I mean you push the car slightly too hard and fall off the first corner, then you have to wait another ****ing 70 seconds just to restart the race is a little frustrating.

But the missions are awesome, my favorite has to be the 3 laps of LeMans in the R92CP. Although it would be nice if you could get rid of the TCS.

Samberto
The hints and tips that you require are within this thread. It might help if you read it...

i did read... all 9 pages.. :dunce: .. im asking for some detailed help... basicly stream then and let them steam you. but during the banked turns.... they wont pass you, so i tried streaming them during the turns... getting up to about 175mph and pass them just as it hit the stright... i get right infront of them and as im slowing down, they are catching up, as i get to the turn the AI cars will slow down, again they wont go any faster then 162 in the turns.... so i get behind them, stream them and pass them as i enter the stright... ill repeat this for 7 mins but STILL wont be able to catch up to the first GTR....

it would be greatly appreciated if you could help me out in the difficult mission

I re-did this mission yesterday, because I thought it was pretty easy if you follow the instructions in this thread. Maybe I had just gotten lucky on the time I passed it? Nope. This mission really isn't difficult.
Rules:
1) Don't touch the other cars.
2) Don't let the other cars touch you.
3) Don't take your finger off the X button.

You might, (MIGHT!) have to briefly ease-up on the X button after the first curve. If you are getting so far ahead of the AI that they cannot catch during the following straight-away, slow down JUST A BIT to let them catch you. The AI is always a bit slow in catching up to you, slowing down to help them catch you usually doesn't help much, but that doesn't make the mission impossible. They always brake before going into the curve, so just make sure you've slipstreamed off them a bit before that.

Mission 23, Skyline on Test Track

If you are using a manual transmission and staying in 5th gear that is the problem. The car must make more power at 2000-3000 under redline then it does at 200-300 under redline. I tried this mission about 7-8 time and never got really close so I asked a friend to try it (over AIM, I was not a his house) and he got it the first time. I started thinking about what he does different – he uses an auto and I use a manual.

Spazum888
i did read... all 9 pages.. :dunce: .. im asking for some detailed help... basicly stream then and let them steam you. but during the banked turns.... they wont pass you, so i tried streaming them during the turns... getting up to about 175mph and pass them just as it hit the stright... i get right infront of them and as im slowing down, they are catching up, as i get to the turn the AI cars will slow down, again they wont go any faster then 162 in the turns.... so i get behind them, stream them and pass them as i enter the stright... ill repeat this for 7 mins but STILL wont be able to catch up to the first GTR....

it would be greatly appreciated if you could help me out in the difficult mission

Mission 23 is easy to beat once you figure out how the AI will draft with you.

The key to getting them to draft you is to get about 3/4 of a second in front of the lead pack on the exit of the corner. Then put your right front tire on the yellow line thats right next to the outside wall. The AI cars will begin to slowly catch back up to you. If done correctly the AI car will actuallly PASS you without hitting you in the back. Beware though, you still may want to get over to let them pass just in case.
After the first car passes you get right behind him and draft. Another car "may" come and pass you both if you get a reallllllly good draft going. Even if you only get that one car ahead of you it will be just fine.
Pass the lead AI car just after you enter the corner and repeat the same thing on the next straight away. On the 3rd lap you will either be able to pass the Yellow GTR going into the last corner or draft off of him midway and pass him on the exit of the corner.

Once you figure out how far you need to get ahead of the pack then drafting with them will be easy. The hard part is that your relying on the AI to help you.

Wait until the last mission :D, I barely got that one, you have to wait 2 mins to start, so if u mess up u need to have something to do in that time.

yea they're REALLY difficult, but can be beat...you just have to be almost flawless. I tryed many times, came very very close, but just 1 delicate mistake, and then you'll have to start over again and wait for that annoying countdown.
mastering the corners and brake points are a must.

i completely agree! it sucks that you have to wait like over 1.5 minutes just to do a stupid mission. i've done it like 10 times, still with no success. i dont think it makes sense either that missions 21-24 are a lot easier than missions 11-20.

this one took me awhile too. but the answer is simple...... draft the 5th place car all the way up until the first turn. after that, he will pull to the outside, so you should pull to the inside and begin to draft off the other cars. after about 1/5th of the first turn you should be in front of all of them except the 1st place car. at the end of the first turn, drive at full speed along the yellow line. the other cars will follow behind you, and with use of the draft(slipstream) they will pull in front of you. you can then draft off those cars once they get in front of you. this will give you increased speed, and you dont even have to slow down for them to get in front of you. continue this process until the final turn of lap 3, and then begin drafting the lead skyline. it may take a few tries, but is very doable, although it may not seem that way at first.

hint........ to draft a car while in a turn, line up quite a bit outside of him if you are a good distance back. for example: on the last lap, you are required to draft the lead car in the final turn in order to catch him. if he lines up inside the yellow line, you should line up very close to the wall.( listen until you hear a change in the air tone, then you know you are in the slipstream).

another hint....... never go inside the bend on the test track, or any other oval. although it is the shorter way around the turn, it will slow you down, and is very bad for tire wear.

Did Mission 23 first try, don't remember anything special about, just draft to get up to speed and pass, your top speed is just a touch higher than your comps i believe, so you should catch up eventually, as i remember

I just rearended the red skyline at the begining of the first turn giving him a little boost, you can catch up right after the 5 sec penalty with ease. I then pushed the red skyline for the whole race, i was able to reach 173 on the straights. I passed him on the last corner and I was .5 behind the leader at the end. I didn't feel like trying again but I think it would work if I didn't make any mistakes.

34 is so stupid! Every attempt takes so long. I've beat 31-33 and I want the 1989 Nissan. I've only tried 34 twice and don't plan to do it again anytime soon becuase I got the 1992 Nissan from the Fuji 1000km.

11 sucks too, the cars are so slow and every attempt takes so long.

Race Idiot
I've got upto the one lap magic at Suzuka and i'm getting pissed off with it again, the 70+ second wait plus that bloody civic sitting on the Apex before the final chicane just made me stop playing. Sometimes I just need a break from doing the missions, well mainly those one lap magics. I mean you push the car slightly too hard and fall off the first corner, then you have to wait another ****ing 70 seconds just to restart the race is a little frustrating.

Yep... took me three sittings of several hours each to finally nail it. I was really good at the first half of the track, but the better my split time was, the more likely I was to put the car into the sand at the other end. :lol: That stupid Civic was right in the way, too. Way too many times I plowed into him at 260kph, or else put the car into the grass, the wall, the sand, etc trying to make that turn without lifting and without hitting him at the same time. I ended up beating that one by more than a second once I got it right, but my 1st half split was about 1 second off my best split time (best I saw was 51.6 seconds from the leader).

After doing this one, though, the three lapper in the S2000s was easy. I was already pressuring the lead car before the third lap even started on that one.

****, I'm getting FASTER splits in the last mission than Samberto's lap up until that stupidly cambered corner before Klostertal.

This 2 minute wait is starting to piss me off.

It's nice to see your all up in the 20's, but i can't even get close to catching the car in 5th place on drivingmission 11. what am i doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back