Official Mission Hall Thread (help, hints, general discussion, etc.)

• Thread starter justin_tyme
  • 1,545 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flerbizky
Thanks a BUNDLE mate !... I really appreciate it... This mission is soooooo [censored] stupid...

And can I assume you never got my PM ? :odd:

Again - Thanks !... And Double that for including the save converter ;)

I'm pleased that it worked Volvo driving soccer mum. Check your PMs.

LFRANCOF483
yea, you gotta be perfect......i did the One Lap Magic with the imporeaza Rally car on Tsukuba and the SLR on the ring.....i had to be freakin perfect....and i barely passed the leading car to take the lead like .2 seconds before we reached the finish line...i saved the video of the Impreza
could we see the video, if you can upload it?

I previously tried the GT-R slipstream one a number of times but could never get close enough. I just tried it again right now and got it on the first try :D

ha ha! i loved doing the first 10 challenges! so much fun!

*hint* hit the other guy into the wall so he will never get out! 💡 you may be reduced to 50 km/h for 5 sec, but its worth it! took me a while to do #10 but i did and i won........the DeLorean. :dopey:

Cosmic
Mission hall is also good for to get those nice car in the beggining :) ;)
I thought it had to be "unlocked" by getting a lot of Aspec points? Can you do it at the beginning? That'll be sweet if you can, because the license cars suck.

Solid Lifters
I thought it had to be "unlocked" by getting a lot of Aspec points? Can you do it at the beginning? That'll be sweet if you can, because the license cars suck.
I dunno , but I think so.

+0.028s. You KNOW which mission.

*throws controller at newly-acquired LCD TV*

Edit: Hmm. -1.024s.

[ITV World of Sport]

Eeeeeee-seh, eee-seh, eee-seh, eee-seh!

[/ITV World of Sport]

Samberto
I completed the SLR/Nürburgring mission some days ago. It is my view that only a small percentage of players will have the skills necessary to unlock the R89C.

Notes:
If you want to make it:
-You will need to pass the SL65 on or immediately following the carrousel.

-Don’t worry too greatly about the SL500
-You will need to pass the 190 E at the beginning of the main straight (about 13 seconds behind 300SL).

This will allow you to get past the SLK before the final corners.

If all goes well, you will be bumper to bumper with the 300SL at the final turn. Victory is in sight.

The R89C is yours!

The End.

Edit: replay .xps added.
convert .xps to .max
I know I talked about it in the other thread, but how long did it take you to complete this last mission? I tried for a couple hours last night and the closest I got was 11 seconds. Tried again today and got it down to about 6 seconds. Wish I had an AR MAX so I could watch your replay :(

DRT2RM
I know I talked about it in the other thread, but how long did it take you to complete this last mission? I tried for a couple hours last night and the closest I got was 11 seconds. Tried again today and got it down to about 6 seconds. Wish I had an AR MAX so I could watch your replay :(

It took me around four hours to get to grips with the SLR. Keep working at it, as there is always more time to be gleaned from the lengthy and complex Nürburgring.

Do yourself a favour and pick up an AR-Max or xport/sharkport. Chase ghosts, share cars/garages, and open your mind to different ways of attacking missions/licences/tracks in general.

Samberto
It took me around four hours to get to grips with the SLR. Keep working at it, as there is always more time to be gleaned from the lengthy and complex Nürburgring.

Do yourself a favour and pick up an AR-Max or xport/sharkport. Chase ghosts, share cars/garages, and open your mind to different ways of attacking missions/licences/tracks in general.
Yeah, I'll definately have to look into getting one of those. The waiting part irriates me the most haha ... but yeah, I think I'll go finish up Extreme and Endurance Hall, then fully concentrate on that last Mission. Thanks for all the help :)

Could anybody PLEASE give me advice on Mission 18, at La Sarthe (Unchicaned), I've tried and how I've tried and can't get close, I even got that P***ED off with it that I cut the first and last chicane that start and finish the lap, and I still couldn't beat the thing, just what the H**L am I doing wrong?

I think my closest time, without cutting is about 11 seconds off, and I can't see any way for me to go faster?

I've done all the missions before this and a few after including all the drafting ones and the Sear's Point one, and I've realised, as talked about before, that practice is the key, but I must be missing something on this one, no matter how hard I practice I can't go faster.

I've gotten to about 2 seconds behind so far, and I can see myself getting it soon. I'd have to see a replay of yours to tell you what to do different though.

Sven
I've gotten to about 2 seconds behind so far, and I can see myself getting it soon. I'd have to see a replay of yours to tell you what to do different though.

Sorry can't post replays.

I'm going to try again today. If I was close like you are I know, like you I'd be able to do it, but 11 seconds???

Are we talking "impossible" achivements? Have you guys tried take 232 platinum medals in the superb Xbox game Project Gotham Racing 2!? THAT'S difficult!

Lofberg
Are we talking "impossible" achivements? Have you guys tried take 232 platinum medals in the superb Xbox game Project Gotham Racing 2!? THAT'S difficult!

Well that all depends, do you think starting 130 seconds behind the leader and you have one lap around the Nurburgring to overtake five other cars, is that difficult? Hell Ye!

I've tried Mission 18 for a FEW hours and I've got it down to 4.2 seconds, so now all I need is some... ... ... SKILLZ.

I love some missions and hate others, it just seems so aaarrrhhh! Know what I mean, some of them are easy as pie others are going to take people weeks.

And it's not something like the licence tests were you can just get a pass with a slower time, you have to do them for 100%.

It's not that I'm bad at the game I just don't want to spend my life playing it to get 100%, and it's not like I don't like the hardness, I completed GT4:P Japanese on just passes mostely Silver Few Bronze and Gold and GT4:P UK on all Gold just for fun.

Now there is hard and there is impossible, and for a lot of people they are just not going to bother.

One option in the Mission hall would make it all worth while though, well for me anyway, the option to turn off the damn driver aids, or in some cases just turn them down would do.

Sorry for the rant, but I made the mistake of trying the last mission today :dunce: :yuck: :dunce: .

Hopefully one day I'll be a person patient enough to play through all of these things, but not at the moment! I'm now winding down playing the Japanese version as it was only ever ment to be a preview of the UK version, but I got a bit too involved, well 31% and 20,000+ A-Spec points involved to be correct. But if I keep playing any more except for track learning I'm just going to spoil the UK version for myself.

So for now, except track and Mission 18, I give up???

Mission Hall is nice, i liked it. The most difficult was with skylines r34 and splitstream. This is the mission where a lot belongs from AI and not from you. The key i think would be to let them (other R34s) get boost from you at the beggining of the straight.Then you move over and go behind them to speed your driving.

Nurburgring was...well...easy :) I did it from the second try.Ok, maybe it was more easy for me because i was always "testing" different cars there and i know that track very well. But SLR has LOT OF GRIP, goes like hell. I liked it ;)

Sven> well you shouldn't cheat and go as fast as possible through corners.The first chicane should be done very fast, then you brake as late as possible after mulsane and you try to go flat out in other sections where are corners! FLAT OUT :) Practise Practise Practise...

Plopper
Well that all depends, do you think starting 130 seconds behind the leader and you have one lap around the Nurburgring to overtake five other cars, is that difficult? Hell Ye!

Indeed. You're effectively required to pull a 7'03 lap in a road car. A road car whose own lap record in the real world is some 27 seconds slower...

With AI obstructions...

I should mention that in reality you never _dare_ to go in some sections so fast as in GT4, so lap times can be faster.And some of them - are.Especially with faster cars.

YZF
Nurburgring was...well...easy :) I did it from the second try.Ok, maybe it was more easy for me because i was always "testing" different cars there and i know that track very well. But SLR has LOT OF GRIP, goes like hell. I liked it ;)
What version of the SLR is in your game ?... The one in mine has about as much grip as a wheelbarrow on a frozen hill and enough understeer to fuel a complete boatload of turboed Honda Civivs... Ohhh... Did I mention the horrible instability at high speed ?... This car suxx...

I must agree with Flerbizky on this one, the few goes I had of the last mission were hell because of that SLR. It will take me a long time to get used to that thing.

Plopper
I must agree with Flerbizky on this one, the few goes I had of the last mission were hell because of that SLR. It will take me a long time to get used to that thing.
So it's not just me then... The next guy that comes in here and claims to have beaten this in their 2nd attempt - I will personally beat with a huge stick !...

If you happen to be Flinx, disregard this post !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back