GT4 movies inside! *Update 28979 - the last one..*

• Thread starter Egghead
  • 1,219 comments
The car sounds are interesting. Hmm...for me Forza does sound better, more of a growl to the cars and none of that whining you get from GT's cars. Still, some cars in GT4 sound better but not all of them.

Looking at the crash vid....good to see Honda cars getting damaged now! No excuse for GT5 on the PS3 not to have car damage!

GT Obsession
That Forza AI makes GT4's look golden. Atleast the GT4 AI keep moving. Forza's AI just sits there like a retard.
So driving into another car blindly is more intelligent than stopping behind it (which actually means recognizing it as an obstacle)?

forza sounds are better.
gt4 seems to have better visual.
forza damage is cool. dont exist in gt4.
ai: both sucks.

thank u again egghead!!!!

the Interceptor
So driving into another car blindly is more intelligent than stopping behind it (which actually means recognizing it as an obstacle)?

i'd say that neither are 'more intelligent', since neither would occur in real life. however i say gt4's is better because at least the opponent still progresses in the game. Believe me, a guy stopped in the middle of the road is no obstacle.

every game will have it's defects like in the video though, what really matters is how often they occur. since i don't plan on slamming on my breaks around a gentle curve right into traffic, nor stopping in the middle of a straightaway, hopefully i'll never see either. overall i've been happy with the ai in gt4, and suspect i will be happy with the ai in forza too.

but there is something about the forza ai that kinda scares me, or worries me. for example lets say i'm in 3rd place, but in reality i should be in last place, but the other guys aren't passing me because of the ai. so instead i'm in 3rd when i should be in last, and that's kinda like cheating to me. at least in gt4 if you're not going fast enough they'll pass you, whether that means taking you out or not lol.

Looks like the GT series will retain its title unless that Forza demo is from last May.

The damage model incorporatd in Forza looks good (if not a rip off from the TOCA series) but (and correct me if I'm wrong) the car in the vid crashed 5 or 6 times showing visible damage but the darn thing was still running! I agree GT needs a damage model but I hope it is accurate and not just visible. Most of the crashes shown in the vid would be race ending in real life and that's how it should be in both series.

Start disagreeing......

themann42
but there is something about the forza ai that kinda scares me, or worries me. for example lets say i'm in 3rd place, but in reality i should be in last place, but the other guys aren't passing me because of the ai. so instead i'm in 3rd when i should be in last, and that's kinda like cheating to me. at least in gt4 if you're not going fast enough they'll pass you, whether that means taking you out or not lol.
You're not seriously suggesting that AI cars you've overtaken once will never try to overtake you again? That'd be a pretty lame race, don't you think?

Watch this video from IGN: http://rapidshare.de/files-en/566701/forza_corvette_2_wmvlow.wmv.html

You can see how the Porsche tries to pass the Vette cause he's faster. I'd say that looks better than Gran Turismo, AI-wise.

Cheers,
the Interceptor

Looks like Forza copied their car noises from GT3 or GT4, you can clearly hear all the sounds are almost different.Just take the NSX on GT3 and the NSX of Forza :yuck:
And that Ferrari sound, my god.Even my cousin's DAF sounds better.

Cheers,

BTW: Looks like Forza's R8 is made out of plastic 👎

GT4:1
Forza:0

Car sounds go to Forza
Damage...Well they didn't get it right as seen in video
Ai...a split! the different Extremes, One prudent Ai and a Carmageddon like Ai in GT4

Div is back
Car sounds go to Forza
Damage...Well they didn't get it right as seen in video
Ai...a split! the different Extremes, One prudent Ai and a Carmageddon like Ai in GT4
Thank you! 👍

Finally somebody got the AI judgement right! :ill:

Does anyone know what the AI on Forza is like if you stop from high speed. Not that it's important but if the car behind just suddenly stops then, well... :banghead: .
It's a shame that neither game has an evasive AI like it would be in real life.

These videos just confirm that I'll be buying both games when released. Forza sounds better, and personally, I think the damage is cool. GT4 has still has the variety that I enjoy, and its prettier to look at.

Thanks for putting those videos together.

i realy dont know what all the fuss is about in terms of the AI. I have every GT game so far and the only game where i have found there to be a problem with the AI was GTC. You could select the slowest car in the class, select the proffesional difficult level and win by 5 seconds or something with awful settings. However with GT1, 2 and 3 i found the difficulty to be fine. All it required was me to select a car which was similar to the cars in the rest of the feild and see what happened, generaly i had loads of fun. If your someone who ploughs into the AI cars and then complains when they dont react properly, i think your missing the point with GT. I read an article about GT4 and it was saying how you can still cheat and win by slamming into walls to slow down and ram other cars to win and not bother racing properly. This was said to be a downfall of the game, but again i think you havent got the point of gran turismo. It is a realitic simulator, and IRL you would not use walls to slow down or ram into other cars. In a race i would brake if i think i am going to hit oreven touch another car and i wait until an opportunity arises to pass without touching. For everyone who is complaining about the AI i suggest you try this, and stop blabbing on about crap AI when i doubt as a game programmer you could do much better. The only game that will be realisitc, with real AI, realistic sounds etc, is the real life racing! Its a game, why expect it to be real life?

I think the forza sounds sound more raw, like there's a cheap exhaust on them. I'm sure the Forza version will sound more thrilling than the GT4 but GT4 is probably more realistic. I like the damage in the Forza videos but I still think it's rather corny that you only see a the bumper being loose and the windows broken after you banged into a wall with 100mph. If you're going to make it have damage then make sure a car is total loss after it crashed like that.

I think the reason there is no evasive AI on either of these titles (judging from the vids as I have neither title yet, c'mon GT4!!!) is mainly due to something that pc like myself have in spades, processing power, both the Xbox and PS2 have limited resources from which to create a software title, limited memory, limited processing power etc, they cannot be upgraded such as a pc,.

Therefore the programmers have to trade off what they have available in a title, do they use most of the resources for AI and reduce the cars you race against to one on a hanful of tracks or do they give the consumer the choice of many cars,tracks and options to play with?

I'll admit it's not an ideal situation but there are always trade-offs to be made when limited resources are available.

There are some people that would be happy with one opponent and a handful of tracks, whilst others would prefer more opponents and many vehicles and tracks this is just the way of the world. Hopefully the next generation consoles, Xbox2 and PS3, will be more able to address these issues due to their far greater CPU power and resources.

As it stands in GT4's case detune your car to give closer and more difficult races if you find it too easy and tune your vehicle to the ultimate if you find it too hard the choice as they say is yours.

Everyone, lets just enjoy playing the games and look to the programmers in the future to finally give us what we want and need, believable, error prone, hard pushing AI opponents. The day will one day come, just be patient! :)

GT Freak!
i realy dont know what all the fuss is about in terms of the AI. I have every GT game so far and the only game where i have found there to be a problem with the AI was GTC. You could select the slowest car in the class, select the proffesional difficult level and win by 5 seconds or something with awful settings. However with GT1, 2 and 3 i found the difficulty to be fine. All it required was me to select a car which was similar to the cars in the rest of the feild and see what happened, generaly i had loads of fun. If your someone who ploughs into the AI cars and then complains when they dont react properly, i think your missing the point with GT. I read an article about GT4 and it was saying how you can still cheat and win by slamming into walls to slow down and ram other cars to win and not bother racing properly. This was said to be a downfall of the game, but again i think you havent got the point of gran turismo. It is a realitic simulator, and IRL you would not use walls to slow down or ram into other cars. In a race i would brake if i think i am going to hit oreven touch another car and i wait until an opportunity arises to pass without touching. For everyone who is complaining about the AI i suggest you try this, and stop blabbing on about crap AI when i doubt as a game programmer you could do much better. The only game that will be realisitc, with real AI, realistic sounds etc, is the real life racing! Its a game, why expect it to be real life?

This post is simply worth Quoting again, since I completely agree with you.

I see loads of people complaining that GT3s and GT4s AI are too easy.... well then genious, what about driving in a slower car? Loads of people complained about being restricted by HP in GT2, so PD removed it, now people are racing with GT-one Race Cars against Minis in a figure of speech.

Forza simply doesnt look as "right" as GT4. And having played the Forza demo quite a bit, the car sounds are too hollow, especially when using the proper view (ie. In the car)...

Forza's AI make it simple to win. All you have to do is aim to the pole position on the grid. Then if you stay in the racing line the whole time you have the race, no matter how fast you're going. You can proly make it look like the whole race was under a yellow flag or smtg.:) If not in the pole, at least if you keep the racing line, you keep the position. I really hope that gets fixed. I really do!

MailMan
This post is simply worth Quoting again, since I completely agree with you.

I see loads of people complaining that GT3s and GT4s AI are too easy.... well then genious, what about driving in a slower car? Loads of people complained about being restricted by HP in GT2, so PD removed it, now people are racing with GT-one Race Cars against Minis in a figure of speech.

Thank You! I was also absolutely amazed that soon after the GT4 release in Asia (a release date awaited for well over 1 year) a thread was compiled called "official changes need for GT4/things wanted for GT5!" Simply amazing as surley people should be looking at all the good points of GT4 and not looking at what it has not got. I am still awaiting the game and it will take a lot more for me to be convinced that anything in GT4 is sufficiently bad enough to bother mentioning. I say well done to PD!

GT Freak!
Thank You! I was also absolutely amazed that soon after the GT4 release in Asia (a release date awaited for well over 1 year) a thread was compiled called "official changes need for GT4/things wanted for GT5!" Simply amazing as surley people should be looking at all the good points of GT4 and not looking at what it has not got. I am still awaiting the game and it will take a lot more for me to be convinced that anything in GT4 is sufficiently bad enough to bother mentioning. I say well done to PD!

I totally agree that people should just get the game and enjoy it( see my previous post) for what it is, when,if GT5 ever does surface then hopefully it will have bettered what GT4 has done, the same as what GT4 has done to GT3.

So lets just play the game(roll on march 9th)

P.S.
I personally felt the power restrictions in GT2 didn't go far enough, they should have been paired with a minimum weight as well.

Madd>>DK<<
I totally agree that people should just get the game and enjoy it( see my previous post) for what it is, when,if GT5 ever does surface then hopefully it will have bettered what GT4 has done, the same as what GT4 has done to GT3.

So lets just play the game(roll on march 9th)

P.S.
I personally felt the power restrictions in GT2 didn't go far enough, they should have been paired with a minimum weight as well.

Good, i was starting to think i was alone, as a high majority of the people here GTPlanet seem more concerned about the bad points of GT4 than the vast majority of good points! :indiff:

PS: your location seems familiar, :lol: where abouts in Wales are you located?

Well I think that the screens made on the ps2 are a little bit sharper. Further I don't like the sound in Forza that much as in GT4. The cars in Forza don't sound so real as in GT4.

So I'm really looking forward to playing GT4 at home.

Good Night community.

Back