GT4 movies inside! *Update 28979 - the last one..*

• Thread starter Egghead
  • 1,219 comments
GT4's sounds are missing a lot of depth, sounds like they were recorded in an empty room. Forza have them pretty much right the bass is there, but i have my 5.1 system with excellent bass. Both games the sounds are pretty much the same, GT4's missing the depth and bass that Forza's has, notice the high band in GT4's sounds come out quite clearly. Again i will be gettin both, really can't miss out by gettin them both.

First of all, the Viper in Forza sounds fantastic! 👍 I just kept playing it over and over and over! It sounds almost identical to a real viper! I love the raspy sound it has when it gets up to red line. And the NSX sounded mighty nice too, as did all of the Forza cars in the videos that EggHead so kindly uploaded for our delight! Thanks EggHead! 👍 :) Can't Wait to get Forza!

Now I can not say so much for the GT4 sounds... 👎 :yuck: :grumpy: As I have said before, what a let-down in the audio department for PD. As some one said before, all of the sounds for the cars have a similar sound to them which sounds like a 4-banger, and like they put the microphone above the engine instead of behind the tail pipe. I mean, come on, Corvettes DO NOT SOUND LIKE THAT! And what was all that talk about how PD recorded sounds for every individual car??? Thats a bunch of poo poo! 👎 Now they do have a couple of good sounding cars on GT4 like the Shelby Cobra, but not too many! Im still getting GT4, I cant wait to get it! Im just disapointed that it sounds the same as GT3. 👎

Let me add a little more.

I just realized while watching the vids again the the GT4 Corvette sounds almost IDENTICAL to the stock Viper from GT1! Seriously! The sounds just have no depth! Its the same tone through out the entire RPM range, it just goes to a higher note. Forza's sounds vary alot. If you notice on the NSX, 3/4 the way through the RPM range, it takes on a different sound, like it is producing max horsepower! I love it!

I think the reason GT4 looks so much better than forza is the lighting.
The forza cars look like they aren't affected by the environment.
maybe I don't have enough experience with car sounds but I thought the GT4 sounds were better. :dunce:

phrangkk
I think the reason GT4 looks so much better than forza is the lighting.
The forza cars look like they aren't affected by the environment.
maybe I don't have enough experience with car sounds but I thought the GT4 sounds were better. :dunce:

WHAT????? Are you smokin????? It's OK, GT4 isnt the best at everything, you can admit to it!
(Im relating to the audio of the 2 games by the way)

ThunderGod
Hey everyone, after just visiting the official Enthusia site I don't think Forza is going to be the real competition here. Check it out, if you haven't already....

http://www.konamistudio.co.jp/enthusia/

Hey, I just watched the videos on that site, and I must say, It looks every bit as good as GT4 looks! I especially liked it when the mitsubishi went over the jump in the desert and wen it landed there was like an explosion of sand! It looked very nice. And the physics looked good too, the way the weight transfer looked, and the way the car moved. Now it would be nice to hear some audio of the game besides the annoying music!

The forza sounds do sound alot more rich but im sure that fans of the 'in car' driving view in GT4 will not be dissapointed.......a comparision of forza and GT4's in car noise should be done as GT4 has its engine noises recorded from the bonnet.

Sadly me being a 3rd person view driver mainly (although not when seriously racing) will not benefit in GT4 from the front facing recorded noises.....

two other things.....

does forza have backfire?

and.......I like the way in forza that when your brake the car skids slightly then ABS kicks in then the wheels lock again etc etc when ure braking......nice stuff!

robin2223
The forza sounds do sound alot more rich but im sure that fans of the 'in car' driving view in GT4 will not be dissapointed.......a comparision of forza and GT4's in car noise should be done as GT4 has its engine noises recorded from the bonnet.

Sadly me being a 3rd person view driver mainly (although not when seriously racing) will not benefit in GT4 from the front facing recorded noises.....

two other things.....

does forza have backfire?

and.......I like the way in forza that when your brake the car skids slightly then ABS kicks in then the wheels lock again etc etc when ure braking......nice stuff!

Yes, I too enjoyed how the the cars in Forza skided when the ABS kicked on. It's a nice little touch.

And I think that there were only a few new cars recored for audio in GT4, because the majority of the sounds I have heard so far are just sounds that have accumulated from all the GT series games. And a large sum of the cars I have heard in GT4 have sounds that date back to GT1! It's stupid! I dont get it!

I dont know if Forza has backfire, but I'm sure if it didnt before, it probably does now. And thats another thing that sounds pathetic in GT4, the backfire! It sounds like I'm smacking some aluminium siding with a a baseball bat! But the Flame looks nice though.

440 CHARGER
First of all, the Viper in Forza sounds fantastic! 👍 I just kept playing it over and over and over! It sounds almost identical to a real viper!
I know, I love the sound of that car and they nailed it!! listen to the Viper in GT3 or 4, it sounds like a GoPed.

The poor sounds are the only "bad" thing about the GT series imo. I can't wait to play Forza.. but at the same time I'm expecting the physics to be PGRish. Either way I'm buying both games. :)

Boost Lee
I know, I love the sound of that car and they nailed it!! listen to the Viper in GT3 or 4, it sounds like a GoPed.

:grumpy: It sounds so good in forza... oh well... I'm not buying it or xbox and I'm not gonna hold my breath in GT4.

440 CHARGER
Hey, I just watched the videos on that site, and I must say, It looks every bit as good as GT4 looks! I especially liked it when the mitsubishi went over the jump in the desert and wen it landed there was like an explosion of sand! It looked very nice. And the physics looked good too, the way the weight transfer looked, and the way the car moved. Now it would be nice to hear some audio of the game besides the annoying music!

There was a vid at some website i cant really think of, Well it had the audi r8 going around a track the sound made forza's seem wimpy, it was gorgeous!!

ok its here http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/enthusiaproracing/media.html you might have too sign up too see it. the video your after is called Gameplay Footage 2

ThunderGod
I know I'm off subject here with Enthusia but for everyone who hasn't seen it go to the link included below and watch the top video (silver Miata) which shows real life video compared to in-game video of the same car. I'm telling you if Konami can pull this kind of stuff off in the final version GT4 will have some serious competition.

http://www.konamistudio.co.jp/enthusia/eng/movie/gc.html
Yeh, Ive seen that video and the others.

Fact being, Ill get GT4, Forza and Enthusia :D

Hopefully all you will have to do is just turn up GT4's volume on your TV.....or adjust the bass responce or something.......

whatever it is......don't worry.......GT5 will have it ALL! :eek:

robin2223
Hopefully all you will have to do is just turn up GT4's volume on your TV.....or adjust the bass responce or something.......

whatever it is......don't worry.......GT5 will have it ALL! :eek:

Actually now on GT3 all I do is set up the vol. on the tv so there's a lot more distortion. :D

I can do this because I have my ps2 going thru my laptop so I can play my own music while driving.

VipFREAK
Actually now on GT3 all I do is set up the vol. on the tv so there's a lot more distortion. :D

I can do this because I have my ps2 going thru my laptop so I can play my own music while driving.
Man one of the funny things i hearrd.distortion *smiling silly* Not funny is Xbox can do that without and trouble.

GT5 will have it ALL!

Just like Gt4 had it all...oh wait ;)

Oh come on, some one had to say it.

Anyways, yes, all 3 games are gonna rule. It's pretty much an accepted fact now :D :D.

Great vids btw egghead, though you need to get your self a fat xbox scart cable :)

I doubt I'll like Enthusia:

enthusia-professional-racing-20050209035205039.jpg

Leveling up your cars? C'mon... haha.

Exp: +100 Cr: +120
Level up:
Obtained: Lvl. 12 Nitrobolt
Obtained: Pokemon Rims

smellysocks12
I doubt I'll like Enthusia:

enthusia-professional-racing-20050209035205039.jpg

Leveling up your cars? C'mon... haha.

Exp: +100 Cr: +120
Level up:
Obtained: Lvl. 12 Nitrobolt
Obtained: Pokemon Rims

hmm thats not too good hopefully this is an option and not the way it actually plays. i like too see whats going on when im tuning not some slider telling me i have advanced too lvl 3 weight reduction seems a wee bit gay 👎

Hey Egghead, I know this is a Gran Turismo 4 forum, and it's a great forum for discussion, but would you mind posting a lengthy video of the Viper in Forza. Maybe a lap around Laguna Seca, with no other cars around, just the Viper! That would be sweet! I love the sound of that Viper! 👍 I havent been able to find any other good websites for videos of Forza, besides IGN. (All they have are Corvettes and NSXs)

And does anybody know where I could get that demo of Forza at. Or maybe you have one and wouldnt mind giving it away.

cooldude31
Enthusia will never be as good as Gran Turismo 4! :)

until mr kazunori does proper physics for gt and drops the dreadful arcade crap sold as reality, i guess almost any sim is more real drivingwise than gt.
so from a simracer perspective , almost anything is better than gt.
gt with n2003 tyrecode, and lfs s2 overall physics and online code would rock ya. till then, its still just a kids game no matter how he sells it. and believe me, i have huge respect for gt series. art in bytes.
i just wish he would research a bit in pcland and see what mature gamers are used to.
reading gt pressreleases and interviews is like reading instaneous soups instructions after coming out of a 3 star michelin restaurant.
mr kazunori, launch lfs (s2 out soon) play it. same for n2003, gtp etc etc.
the enthusia tech demos seemed more interesting than the trailer but ohwell. i just hope enthusia is at least a bit more interesting and developed than gt, physicswise. which is not hard really...
thats the core of the fun for me, and for many others. and thats enthuisa main quality. to put a warning light for gt. gt5 ps3 should be just about rendering engine showoff. for me the real **** would be real SIM qualities. i can only hope.
ill pass buying gt4. i have prologue and is enuff to see what a limited game it is, drivingwise.

Back