Greycap's Greatest Snapshots - Updated 020608 - Mercedes Benz 300SL-C

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 946 comments
My apologies for everyone as I haven't been able to update for two days due to many things. A new update is coming within 24 hours. Please be patient.

The Ruf drifting is great, I especially like the backfire whilst drifting. It's always hard to get drifting shots and keep them from looking like everyone else's, but you did good.

After a long waiting, the latest update can be found here. I admit that the pictures aren't good. But I have noticed that the pictures I don't like become many people's favorites...

It's funny how it works that way, isn't it Greycap? :)

I like the Supra shots, though the first one could be cropped or had been zoomed in more to make it more dynamic. But the others are good 👍

Slip, the point in the first picture was to show the track, not the car. And it was the picture I liked the best... :)

Ah, understandable. Looking at it in that sense, I have a new appreciation. I never spend much time at Tsukuba :).

BTW, missed it until now: Yes, there is a limit to how many pics can be in a post. That's why my gallery's now spread out.

I'm in the process of adding another update :)

Greycap
I have noticed that the pictures I don't like become many people's favorites...
Same here. Maybe we should all make pictures that we hate and everyone will like them. :dopey: 👍
I like the last Supra shot

The next update will be coming tomorrow if I only come up with a subject.

I decided to begin posting updates in new threads in the future so you don't have to look the first post anymore. It was a good idea but the limit in the post ruined it. :(

So, tomorrow will see my new update on page six. Any suggestions for a car?

It's tough to suggest a car, because in the back of my head, I'm suggesting it because I want to shoot it ;). I will say to stay away from a 300ZX @ R246; tried it last night, and I had to stay far away from the car to get any decent shots, the texture work was just awful.

Maybe a TT? An NSX, old or new, is always a nice car. Take an 80's Japanese sports car and run it in the 80's Cup, you could get some inspiration there (same with the 90's). Try one of the lesser-photographed VW's :)

Hope you don't mind me taking the 100th post. Hello sixth page :)

Congratulations of the 100th post, I actually got the idea already. I have photographed many exotic racing cars so now it's time for a GT classic series:

Skyline, NSX, Supra and RX-7 during this and the following week.

I have driven all these cars in all Gran Turismos so far and I think they deserve a honor like this. Keep waiting, the Skyline will be ready in about 12 hours (I already have the pictures but I'll update in the morning)

Keep the comments coming :)

Wow, how did that Cuda get on the cliffside?? Cool.

I like the GT350 and the FPV shots by the way. You drifted the FPV yet? I've got one I'm planning to make a drifter out of, I just haven't put the money into it yet.

Here's my latest update!

GT classics part I: Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R M-Spec Nür '02

This was probably the tail-happiest car I've ever driven in GT4 (except the RUFs but they're another story) and it was great fun sliding it around the corners. I tried to photoshop the 3rd image to make it look older, the result can be seen as the 4th picture.

👍 nice pics. too bad that Finnish rally tracs aren't included. I'd love to see pic of T16 at Ouninpohja.. ;)

Good looking update. I like the "older" shot. Good use of tones and noise on that one.

I have yet to drive this car, but that may change after the "tail happy" comment!

Pretty nice rims! Too bad you didn't lower the car (of what I can see) it's much too tall on it's wheels for me....
Nice try on an 'old shot', it looks realistic! :drool:

Nice Gallery Greycap, I like your clean style. You use some really unique angles and locations wich actually inspired me to find places where nobody had ever taken pics i found the second pitlane on montegi twin ring to be quite good. I especially like the sign in the first R34 Nub pic - says TESTFAHRTEN kinda looks like TEST FARTIN when you take a brief look. He he its always the small things wich make you chuckle

Keep up the good work and once again i appreciate the tips you offered me in my gallery!

:cheers:

The car is stock except those rims, that's the reason. I wanted to find out how it handled without any modifications. It goes sidewAAAAAAAAys.... :lol:

OK, here's part II of my GT classics. This should ring bells in any GT veteran's head... tell me if you know what I'm talking about ;) I also included one experimental picture :lol:

GT classics part II: Honda NSX '02

Benjii
Nice Gallery Greycap, I like your clean style. You use some really unique angles and locations wich actually inspired me to find places where nobody had ever taken pics i found the second pitlane on montegi twin ring to be quite good.

:cheers:
hey! i took pics there before! Guess you didnt find such a unique place after all. J/K

I like the pics of the nsx. keep it up.

You are good!
I can see you have a good, wel-balanced eye. I also see a nice usage of the environment 👍
You don't need much more to become a comp winner.
Only I'd say try/find out more unusual things. Try to take those shots than nobody thought of taking yet, you know. Not just with the environment, but with your cars too.
👍

As for editing, I use PSP9 too. Always increase brightness/contrast. I rarely go below 30 of either value. Sometimes I even go up to 70 (with 0.0 EV that is). Another thing I just found out is to duplicate your layer, and select "dodge" for the upper layer option. It'll bring out the highlits very nicely! (and then do the regular b/c to brighten it up, ofcourse). Very good for night/dusk shots.
Furthermore I very often use the "remove camera noise" filter (values from 30 to 80 usually). It works great. But in order to keep the environment realistic (textured), you'd want to select only the shape of the car.

I can't help to notice the hillarious anagram of your name: Geycrap :lol:
Sorry

Melaneimoon, tell that to the ones that choose the top 20s... ;)

Anyway, thanks for the kind words!

GT classics part III - Mazda RX-7 Spirit R '02

This is my biggest update so far and I hope it gets the biggest comments too. Keep the ball rolling!

Back