Greycap's Greatest Snapshots - Updated 020608 - Mercedes Benz 300SL-C

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 946 comments
Wow, this classics set is turning out great so far. The RX-7 being the best of the bunch, imo. My two favourites are the same as Fletch's, but they're all good really. Wonderful car/track combo :).

Just keep them coming 👍

It's the best-looking car, too. The Supra is coming tomorrow and then I'll look for a 3000GT. Then maybe an Impreza... are there any more? Oh, the Lancer can't be overlooked...

I like the whole first row and the whole second row:) I was going to pick favorites but that was all of them exept 1 pic, and it was good too, just not my favorite.

Greycap
Melaneimoon, tell that to the ones that choose the top 20s... ;)
I said "you don't need much more"... that implies you need "something more", doesn't it. hehe. 👍
In the comps I always rely on originality. Something unusual, you know. But I have to say that's definitely not the only way to be succesful. That's just my way.

Keep in mind that your photo has to be a winner. Always think about that while shooting for a comp.

as a blast from the past, take a bunch of pics of T16 Evo 2.. it's your duty as a Flying Finn.. ;) T16's winning streak was the ultimate proof of this: Finn+ overpowered car= winner :mischievous: so.. what are you waiting for? start taking pics! :lol:

Melaneimoon: I don't want to sound like I had no sense of humor, but please use my original nickname. Yes, I need something more but I believe I get it some day.

Leonidae: I'll finish this GT classics series first, then I'll do that Peugeot. Don't forget that the Lancia Delta S4 was successful (but also tragical) in Finnish hands too ;)

Thanks for the comments, please keep them coming!

And here we go again... a quite low-quality update, but the Supra and the High-Speed Ring make a combination that must be included in this "GT classics" series.

GT classics part IV - Toyota Supra RZ '97

Although this car looks exactly the same as the Supra SZ-R in my earlier update, it is a different car :)

Greycap
Melaneimoon: I don't want to sound like I had no sense of humor, but please use my original nickname. Yes, I need something more but I believe I get it some day.
I think you didn't get it (joke) the way I meant it, but it's gone anyway 👍

Yes I'm sure you'll get it (X factor), as long as your try 👍

Well I don't know what Gey means, so I didn't get it. Could you please explain the joke to me :confused:

my first comment here, weird...
well i looked at GT classics part IV and i like most of them
some are the same pics in my last update!
looking foward 2 ur next update Greycap

OK, here's another update in the GT classic series. I originally planned this series to consist of just four parts, but now it seems ten is a more realistic figure.

Some of the pictures are a bit dark, but that's intentional. I wanted to capture the feeling of Trial Mountain and the darkness does it well.

GT classics part V - Subaru Impreza WRX STi Type VI '99

That's it for now and comments are welcome as always :)

Good news PERFECT BALANCE and others too! I finally found the white 3000GT I was looking for so an update is coming tomorrow if everything goes fine.

Meantime, keep the comment river flowing ;)

Here's the update I've been promising so long!

This car really lives up to its GT1 legacy. It resembles a big white whale, but although it weighs almost two tons it doesn't feel clumsy. It's a real sports car, nice to drive and nice to look at.

GT classics part VI - Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 '98

Please tell me what you think, be it good or bad. :)

I really like the grandstand shot. Good sense of speed, and the way the stands curve away give it depth. My second fave would be the drift shot from above.

The pic with the stand is cool, but you should've focused on the car, because the people look flat and fake.
BTW Nice update, I like the car and track a lot. 👍

Your pics just keep getting better and better Greycap! You're really strong on the scenery pics, which I enjoy, and the lowdown drift shot from the rumble strip reminds me of how much fun I had at Autumn Ring in my Aston. Plus, I've got plenty of memories of an old Puma 3000GT going around that track too, so it's good to be reminded of the GT1 days :)

I'm updating as I type this, it too being long overdue. Very, very nice 👍

Greycap, your 3000GT shots are great. Especially those with the grandstand in it. Reminds me of the last U turn of the Sepang F1 Circuit here. Makes me feel like going track racing again.

Latest Posts

Back