PS3 Launch Title Games!

United States
Inland Empire SoCal
SOLID_LIFTERS
Here is a list of games that have been announced as launch title games for the PS3 game console.

IGN PS3 Game Release Dates (Sony Announced)

http://ps3.ign.com/index/release.html

CONFIRMED LAUNCH PS3 TITLES

NOTICE: Use the IGN link above for the most accurate information for launch game titles. The list below is NO LONGER updated. It remains so you can easily link to the game's website if available.

1. NBA Live 07 by EA
2. Stranglehold (Delayed Until 2007)
3. Fatal Inertia (Delayed Until 2007)
4. Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War
5. Sonic the Hedgehog
6. Full Auto 2: Battlelines
7. Resistance: Fall of Man
8. Warhawk (Delayed Until 2007)
9. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Las Vegas
10. MotorStorm
11.Call of Duty 3
12. Blazing Angels
13. F.E.A.R.
14. Tony Hawk's Project 8
15. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
16. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
17. Genji: Days of the Blade
18. NBA 07

RUMORED or CLOSE TO LAUNCH PS3 TITLES

Fight Night: Round 3 (Launch Window Title - Available Dec. 12)
Madden 07
Need For Speed: Carbon
Ridge Racer 7 (A Japanese launch title - October 11, 2006)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 7
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
NHL 2K7
Flow (PS3 Hub download)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire (A Japanese launch title - October 11, 2006)
GT HD (December Japanese Release Date)
NBA 2K7 - 2K Sports
College Hoops 2K7 - 2K Sports

TGS 2006 GAME RELEASE DATE INFO

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2426929&postcount=85

LINK TO A POST ABOUT PS3 LAUNCH TITLES

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2260257&postcount=1741

EA confirms NBA Live 07 as PlayStation 3 launch title
June 08, 2006

Buried deep within an NBA Finals simulation press release issued by EA (Dallas won), the company confirms "NBA Live 07" will be "one of the EA SPORTS titles available at launch of the PS3 entertainment system." Given the NBA Live demonstration on PlayStation 3 at Sony's E3 Press Conference last month, we had already assumed the title would be coming to PS3. But this is the first official confirmation of it being a November 17 launch title.

Also interesting to note is the verbiage EA chose for the statement. "One of the..." connotates there will be additional EA Sports titles available on PS3 November 17, most likely including "Madden NFL 07," "Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07," and maybe even "NHL 07." Either way, it looks as though between 2K Sports and EA, PlayStation 3 will be bestowed with an extensive lineup of sports titles at launch - much like Xbox 360 was.

Oh for pity... it WOULD be an EA game, and a b-ball title at that. Meh. :P

Oh well, I know EA games sell systems here in the U.S., but of all the crud! The very first title mentioned, and nothing else? Gah. LASERBLAST THEM!

I have to agree with Mr Tenacious D, the EA franchise is now so over rated, the onlt titles I would consider purchasing are the battlefield ones, everything els is just naff (yeh I hate sports games, apart from golf, but I would rarther play Everybodys golf instead of tiger woods).

But this gen the really have seemed to be pushing the graphics quality through the roof, I just hope the gameplay is as innovative.

Same here. Even with the weird bugs, Battlefield 2 is a fantastic game. But EA is not only getting too big and belligerent, buying up entire franchizes which no one else can use in a game, but their games aren't always that good. I prefer other makers' hockey games, like the Sega Sports series.

Well, I have NFS Most Wanted, NBA '06, Madden '06, and Battlefield 2 as my EA games for the 360. Most Wanted and Battlefield pretty much are some of my favorite games ever. Madden 06 looks awesome, the gameplay is fun, but it doesn't really have the spark that makes me want to play that for 2 hours straight. NBA Live is just ok, sure it looks awesome, but it really isn't fun. I think really all of the EA Sports games aren't the best quality.

And I agree with Tenacious D here. I nearly cried when I heard EA got exclusive rights for NFL games. The Madden series really isn't that fun, and the one football game that really pwned was ESPN NFL 2K5. It was fun to the max. You had the crib, you "played against celebrities", when the game is loading, you have a scene of Chris Berman giving his opinions on the match-up, you can replay the top 25 moments in NFL history. Find that in a Madden game.

And while EA games sell systems, you have to remember the PS3 won't cost $300. It'll cost $500. You'll be able to get the same game on the much cheaper 360, even if it has slightly worse graphics.

In reference to EA titles being on the cheaper 360, it's true, but you also have to remember that the PS3 has technology which will enable EA games on PS3 to possibly have more features not possible on other systems, THOSE will have to be the selling points.

As far as EA not selling any good games besides BF2..uhh..

Black?
Burnout?
NFS (except the last few...throws up)
SSX?
NBA Street?

They've got some good titles, but the sports titles weigh them down heavily.

tha_con
Black?
Burnout?
SSX?

Did they actually make black or did they just publish it? As for Burn out, meh! the first and second were good, but the rest just are cash-ins IMO no real innovation, SSX was an awsome game but like the all other EA titles, they have a great game, and then they just cash in and make them poor and less enjoyable games, I dont play sports games except golf as ive alredy said. NFS was the best the rest just went down hill and now are just The fast and furious cash in games.

Look at this for an example of how bad one of the battlefield games was, I played BF1942 from day one, and also played the trauma studios mod Desert combat, the helecopters were awsome to fly and the game was so much fun in multiplay its still my frave. But then EA released BF Vietnam, and it sucked, the choppers were cack to fly and the game was pretty weak in multi play, so what do EA and DICE do, they bought out trauma studios.

Most games that EA actually make suck, but the games they only publish and have nothing to do with the producion tend to be very good.

Another company I see going this way is Ubisoft, but at least the games they are releasing are not just pushing the graphics boundries, they are also pushing the game play too.

Nothing really ground breaking, but Ken Kutaragi had this to say about launch titles for the PS3. There will be more than 10 titles.

Sorry it's not much.

Read full article here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2301161&postcount=1934

Stranglehold Will Be Launch Title (sony-ps3.ca)

John Woo Presents Stranglehold, the much anticipated game starring Chow Yun-Fat is on schedule for the November 17th PlayStation 3 launch. "Midway can confirm that our goal for John Woo Presents Stranglehold is for it to be a PS3 launch title," a Midway rep told IGN. "We'll have more on that title in the near future."

Stranglehold was developed by the Chicago-based Psi-Ops team at Midway Amusement and is a "loose" follow-up to the Hard Boiled series. Woo is personally involved with the project, as well as Chow Yun-Fat who will slip into some comfortable shoes playing Inspector Tequila again. Let's all be thankful Woo decided to continue this particular series with Chow Yun-Fat as opposed to, say, a Paycheck game starring Ben Affleck. John Woo is best when he goes old school, and when his heroes have two guns blazing.

And to answer the most important question of all: Are we going to see Woo's trademark doves make an appearance? There will be doves. Oh yes, there will doves.

BUMP

The upcoming futuristic racer, Fatal Inertia, and Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War have been confirmed by KOEI as PS3 launch titles in the US.

From a KOEI representative: "The plan is to have both Fatal Inertia and Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War ready to go on day one (November 17) for the US," commented the KOEI representative. "They should both be available at launch."

Hopefully the sports games coming out for PS3 won't be as poorly put together as they are on the 360.

I do'nt think it'll be the case really. EA has had development kits since they had 360 kits, so *technically* they've been working on next gen PS3 launch sports games longer than they did with the 360.

Also any games that come out in any region, say in the US but not UK, the UK buyers could in theory, Import US titles and play them without any trouble, I hope. That way it should be visa versa for UK, US and Japan so hopefully we may get more than 10 games if some a region specific, and Sony hold true to the region free gaming.

OK, these aren't games, but a lot of us will be purchasing Blu-ray movies on PS3 launch day, or sooner.

Here's a new update to BD movies coming out soon.

The first batch of movies from Sony Pictures will be released on single-layer Blu-ray discs, with Black Hawk Down and The Bridge on the River Kawai being an exception, appearing on dual-layer 50GB discs later in the summer. Fox has a plan for their Blu-ray releases, with Mike Dunn (President of 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment) stating that they will have simultaneous releases of their films on both Blu-Ray and DVD to give the new format a chance to take hold on the market by getting the brand familiar in people’s homes. Will it be enough to compete with the rival HD-DVD format? Only time will tell.

Below is a partial list of movies announced from the four movie studios:

Sony Pictures:
• Hitch
• The Fifth Element
• Legends of the Fall
• House of Flying Daggers
• Bram Stoker’s Dracula
• Desperado
• For A Few Dollars More
• The Guns of Navarone
• A Knight’s Tale
• Kung Fu Hustle
• The Last Waltz
• Resident Evil: Apocalypse
• Robocop
• Sense and Sensibility
• Stealth
• Species
• SWAT
• XXX

20th Century Fox:
• Fantastic Four
• The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
• Behind Enemy Lines
• Kiss of the Dragon
• Ice Age

Lions Gate:
• Lord of War
• The Punisher
• The Devil’s Rejects
• Saw
• Terminator 2: Judgment Day
• Reservoir Dogs
• Total Recall
• Dune
• Rambo: First Blood

Paramount:
• Four Brothers
• Sahara
• Aeon Flux
• Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
• The Italian Job
• Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
• U2: Rattle and Hum
• Tim Burton’s Sleepy Hollow
• We Were Soldiers
• The Manchurian Candidate
• Mission Impossible 1, 2, and 3

Sonic set to arrive as launch title on PS3

Paul Loughrey 12:31 05/07/2006

SEGA offers first glimpse of third-party launch line-up

SEGA has confirmed details of two software titles which will ship alongside Sony's PlayStation 3 this November, cementing the publisher's commitment to supporting the next-gen platform.

In a recent interview with US website Gamedaily.com, SEGA of America's VP of Marketing, Scott Steinberg discussed the publisher's strategy for all three platform holders, revealing the first glimpse of third-party software support for the launch of Sony's PS3.

"We've got Sonic the Hedgehog in its original naming convention… It'll be a launch title for the PS3. We have Full Auto 2: Battlelines, that's shipping with the launch of the PS3. Then Virtua Fighter 5 will be in March," Steinberg said.

As momentum builds for the arrival of Sony's new machine, software support from third party publishers is key to generating consumer enthusiasm and demand for the machine.

The much publicised price-tag, which is considerably higher than its rivals, may be off-putting to consumers outside of the hardcore gaming audience without the draw of a stellar software line-up from day one.

Few publishers have confirmed release dates for their PS3 titles, although some, such as Activision's Call of Duty 3 and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, have been issued with a tentative November release slot on retail product pages.

Although SEGA is fully committed to supporting all three next and new-generation platforms, the publisher's confirmation of launch day releases for the PS3 is welcome news and marks the first of what will hopefully be a slew of third-party publisher announcements in the lead up to Sony's November launch.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=18102

tha_con
You might want to add Warhawk and Resistance to your list, as I'm almost positive those are launch titles as well.

I dont think those two are launch games, from what i heard Warhawk is sheduled for release Feb or Mar 2007, but I could be wrong, but thats whats going down on the grape vine.

I don't know, I'm pretty sure both of those developers for their respective games have plans as of the moment to have their games release at or near launch. Those are their goals, at least from what I've been seeing in developer interviews.

Also, it's rumored that CoD3 will possibly be a launch title.

Other titles that hold possibility for launch that aren't mentioned:

Fight Night: Round 3
Madden 07
NFS Carbon

I'm only listing confirmed launch title games.

However, I have no protestation to starting a "rumor only" launch list.

what games do you guys plan to pick up on the lauch day? I still haven't decided yet. I am gonna get one or two games (still don't know which one though) and a bluray movie.:sly:

KENJIusa
what games do you guys plan to pick up on the lauch day? I still haven't decided yet. I am gonna get one or two games (still don't know which one though) and a bluray movie.:sly:
I'll get about 10 to 20 movies, and maybe 2 or 3 games if they're any good ones on launch. So far, from the confirmed list, I don't want a single one of them (as of 5 July, 2006).

KENJIusa

I have no plans for any Blu-Ray movies yet till I get a 1080p TV and that will be way in the future, by the time I get one they may well have flying cars and hover boards out by then, But the games I want are as follows. RR7, any RPG and maybe Resistance Fall of Man. and if the new version of everybodys golf is out, then that too. But I plan to get the Wii, my dad is the one getting the PS3 so the games he gets, I get no say in the matter.

Hopefully my list will look like this:

WarHawk
Resistance: Fall of Man

And Q1 2007 =
Assasins Creed. SOLD.
God of War 2. SOLD.

And then in Q3 2007 = MGS4. SOLD TWICE.

Overall it'll be a really good year for some good games. Everyone just make sure you buy the extra protection plan and extended warrenty for your PS3's.

tha_con
You also need to add Untold Legends, and NHL 2K7 to the possible list.
I read nothing about possible release dates from official sources for either of these games, so I wont post them. However, if you got proof, lay it on me.

I also have been reading about Call of Duty 3 will be a launch title, but it's not true. All day, I've been tracing the source and it seems to come from a writer and not from an official source. Besides, the official website still has "Fall 2006" as the release date.

So, it stays the same, for now.

Solid Lifters
I read nothing about possible release dates from official sources for either of these games, so I wont post them. However, if you got proof, lay it on me.

I also have been reading about Call of Duty 3 will be a launch title, but it's not true. All day, I've been tracing the source and it seems to come from a writer and not from an official source. Besides, the official website still has "Fall 2006" as the release date.

So, it stays the same, for now.

Both of those titles are listed for a november release date on every site I've visted.

KENJIusa
I don't see any Silent Hill title:indiff:

Konami generally keeps pretty quiet about their Silent Hill titles until they are a good ways into development. I'm pretty sure that they already have it planned out and are working on concepts as we speak. But you also have to remember, they're working on two other projects for the PSP currently, so next gen consoles may take a back seat (since it's more cost effecient to create a PSP game and make a little extra cash).

But don't worry, there *will* be a Silent Hill coming out on next-gen consoles (probably just the PS3 and 360).

Back