PS3 Launch Title Games!

No Atari titles confirmed at all? Does anybody know anything about GTR? Will it be XBOX360 exclusive, or will it make it to PS3?

Duċk;2503335
From what I've seen, it'll be X360 console exclusive. So no PS3 version.

That´s a bummer! The 360 doesn´t have a proper wheel AFAIK. And I do want a steeringwheel for GTR!

That´s a bummer! The 360 doesn´t have a proper wheel AFAIK. And I do want a steeringwheel for GTR!

Well, the president of Atari is a douche, and he thinks the PS3 isn't worth supporting, so be it. He'll suffer the consequences when GT5 smashes GTR in sales, and when Forza 2 does the same. No one is going to buy the game if it's on ONE console. He can double his sales by having it on two, but that's his choice. To the general public, GTR doesn't stand a chance against Forza 2.

Well, the president of Atari is a douche, and he thinks the PS3 isn't worth supporting, so be it. He'll suffer the consequences when GT5 smashes GTR in sales, and when Forza 2 does the same. No one is going to buy the game if it's on ONE console. He can double his sales by having it on two, but that's his choice. To the general public, GTR doesn't stand a chance against Forza 2.

Although the president of Atari may well resemble a douche (i havn't seen a picture of him) im sure his reasons are far beyond "its not worth supporting" Maybe its not cost effective to port it over to the PS3 or if they did port it it wouldn't be on par with the game had it been made for the PS3 alone. I am a Playstation fan and don't have a X360 but there is one flaw with the GT5 vs GTR battle and that is GTR will almost certainly be made way before we see GT5 and "Mr Douche" will be laughing all the way to the bank. As for doubling his sales? that may come down to the whole cost effectiveness of porting or developing the game to run on the PS3 to an acceptable standard.

Also no one is going to by the game just because it isn't on 2 systems as opposed to one and telling me X360 owners are not going to buy the game just because its not available for the PS3? That really is a pile of steaming horse manure!

Spec....

He can double his sales by having it on two, but that's his choice.

You do know that is practically impossible, right? To have the same amount of sales for the PS3 version as the X360 version, you need the same userbase. The X360 will have at least 10-11 million people with it's console around March when GTR is released, and I really can't see the PS3 cracking 2 million.

If he doesn't release it on the PS3, it'll be because the version's very likely low sales aren't going to be worth the manufacturing costs and such.

Duċk;2504291
You do know that is practically impossible, right? To have the same amount of sales for the PS3 version as the X360 version, you need the same userbase. The X360 will have at least 10-11 million people with it's console around March when GTR is released, and I really can't see the PS3 cracking 2 million.

If he doesn't release it on the PS3, it'll be because the version's very likely low sales aren't going to be worth the manufacturing costs and such.

You do realize that games like GT4 didn't sell "a million" until a few weeks after it's release, and it didn't hit 2 million for quite some time after that.

11 Million means nothing if only 500K of those owners are interested in a die hard race sim. They aren't going to jump for joy for this game, and it's CLEAR that the Playstation brand has fans who are more interested in sim racers (enthusia, gt series, F1) in comparison to the Xbox brand which has more "arcade" oriented racers.

That said, I think keeping it on one console is foolish, and a statement of Atari's inability as developers to keep with the times and stay on top of the software race. We'll see Atari do what they've done for years, put out one or two titles worth a look and a lot of garbage. There is a reason, afterall, they aren't in the hardware business anymore.

So, I thought we could bump this for our buddies across the pond (UK) and post up the current launch window titles for the EU PS3 launch:

NHL 2K7
Resistance: Fall of Man
Unreal 2K7
Strangle Hold
Need for Speed Carbon
Genji: Days of the Blade
Blazing Angles
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Raibow Six: Vegas
GripShift
Untold Legends
Fatal Inertia
MotorStorm
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway
Formula 1: CE
Virtua Fighter 5

That's about all we see now, as nothing else has been "announced". If those all are launch window titles, then the UK will make out decently with three pretty entertaining titles (Motorstorm, Formula 1, and Resistance).

I'm really hoping that you guy's get Heavenly Sword as a launch title.

I can see myself getting 4, maybe 5 of those titles which is 2 or 3 more than I would have from the US launch. Definitely Resistance and Formula 1. I'll try out the Motorstorm demo first (it does look good but I'm uncertain if Ill like the gameplay). If Stranglehold is released I'll get that and very probably VF5, though I still prefer Tekken. Maybe this game will convert me!?
Unreal 2007..is that for UK/EU launch? Hmm..I'd like to see it in action first but it's a definite purchase if released.
If Heavenly Sword makes it out in time then that's a definite.
Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway is possible but I'm assuming CoD3 will be released too? I'm also expecting RR7 too, though I won't be getting it.
Anyway, a decent line up. Not too sure of the rumours that only 60GB's will be launched and not 20GB's. I'm after a 20GB personally. Still, there's no guarantee I'll even get a PS3 at launch. I might have to wait 2 months like I did to get my 360 (or maybe longer).

Well, Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection should be on the PS Store by then.

But, even then, it makes me incredibly jealous, lol. We'll get the titles too, but oh well.

Back