PS3 Launch Title Games!

You could add -
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom which looks as if it could be a launch title.
Armored Core 4, though that may be Japan only,
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 (and possibly one other EA game like Fight Night 3).
Genji: Days of the Blade is another possibility.
Not sure on Lair making it. Maybe Q1 2007?

Generally I'd say there was 3 or 4 possibles but only 1 definate - Resistance. I'll have to decide on another.

No Assassins Creed for launch? Shame..

NFS: Carbon might be alright if it has a smooth frame rate, good car handling and less of the dodgy acting. But the series is getting tired for me and I've never liked being chased by the police.

Warhawk might be my other choice, though if Untold Legends is out for launch I'll have that.

Honestly guy's, if you are willing to hold out for a day or two, me and my buddies will play ALL of the launch titles (I work at GameStop seasonally, so we'll be checking them all out on launch day).

Then I can provide you with feedback (though it'll be based on brief hands on at the most) of what is good, and what is bad. I'd say hold off a few days and I can tell you what are gems, and what really really sucks.

Jeremy Ricci
Honestly guy's, if you are willing to hold out for a day or two, me and my buddies will play ALL of the launch titles (I work at GameStop seasonally, so we'll be checking them all out on launch day).

That's kinda' what I was planning. Hopefully there may be some reviews and such before they're on sale.
Chances are I'll play the majority of them, as I did with the 360 launch games (which I played over a period of 3 months). So, yeah, I'll keep an eye out for reviews and such before I get too carried away.

I can hold off a day or 3 after buying the system. I"m picking up Underworld 1/2 and Silent hill on Blu-ray the same day :). But I'll still get 1 game at launch, Warhawk Maybe.

I'm either getting Warhawk or Madden as my secondary, my first title will be resistence.

I'll let you guy's know, the games I'll be playing are:

Tiger Woods PGA 2007
Madden 2007
WarHawk
Resistence
Fatal Inertia
CoD 3
Untold Legends
MotorStorm (if it launches).

If you have any requests, let me know, I can check out 1 per day, but more than likely all 6 of us will check out one every day or two, so it'll be some heavy gameplay reviews, lol.

Fight Night Round 3 may be a launch title. EA have announced it for PS3. It's not a direct port of the 360 version as it will include a few extas including something called 'Get into the ring' where you fight in a first person view. Anyway, details here.

i think that fighting in a first person view will be harder because quite often i dip beneath their head shots and then follow it up wityh punches but in first person if your leaning forward looking at their body it will be harder to see them swinging but it should be fun to try

So the launch looks about like this right now?

1. NBA Live 07 by EA
2. Tony Hawk Project 8
3. Fatal Inertia
4. Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War
5. Sonic the Hedgehog
6. Full Auto 2: Battlelines
7. Resistance: Fall of Man
8. Warhawk
9. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Las Vegas
10. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
11.Call of Duty 3
12. Blazing Angels
13. F.E.A.R.
14. Madden 07
15. Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
16. Super Secret Launch Title (I like the sound of that!)

There is a possibility that Warhawk will not launch, and that FEAR could be delayed. I think Rainbow Six also falls in this category.

So the launch looks about like this right now?

1. NBA Live 07 by EA
2. Tony Hawk Project 8
3. Fatal Inertia
4. Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War
5. Sonic the Hedgehog
6. Full Auto 2: Battlelines
7. Resistance: Fall of Man
8. Warhawk
9. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Las Vegas
10. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
11.Call of Duty 3
12. Blazing Angels
13. F.E.A.R.
14. Madden 07
15. Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

There is a possibility that Warhawk will not launch, and that FEAR could be delayed. I think Rainbow Six also falls in this category.
Definitely a super strong lineup.

Duċk;2419663
You can add Marvel and Tony Hawk Project 8 to the confirmed list.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/732/732613p1.html

I don't understand why if these games are being released on launch day, that they don't indicate that on their websites for these games.

So far, this is only one report and that I'm not fully convinced yet that these games will be launch titles. But, they still are indicated in the other list below the launch list.

You don't mean that stupid "flow" game that will, or will not be, available for free download with the Sony hub, do you?

Or is that Contra jungle drug agent game that's all hush-hush?

Oh, here's flow, if you want to know what it is. You can already "play" the game by clicking on the link in the first post of this thread.

In the first stage, you play as this thing, (you must eat everything you see, including things that can eat you). Red "amoebas" are for going to the next level, while blue are for going back one level.

flowgt1.jpg

The second level you play as this thing, and it's hard to time the pulses it makes to eat other things. I hate it and haven't passed this level yet/ever (I doubt I'll ever play this game again).

flow2gl4.jpg

^^ No, I'm not talking about flow, you should have read my other thread :P In novembers OPM they are going to unviel an unannounced launch title for the PS3.

So far, this is only one report and that I'm not fully convinced yet that these games will be launch titles. But, they still are indicated in the other list below the launch list.

Dude, the CEO of Activision revealed it. It's not like it's some unconfirmed report.

Duċk;2420010
Dude, the CEO of Activision revealed it. It's not like it's some unconfirmed report.

Really? I didn't read it in your report from their statement aobut the price of their games.

^^ No, I'm not talking about flow, you should have read my other thread :P In novembers OPM they are going to unviel an unannounced launch title for the PS3.

Sounds like a cheesy stunt to attrack readers. I bet it's the "Contra Jungle Drug Agent" game we've heard about. Big deal.

Really? I didn't read it in your report from their statement aobut the price of their games.

Sounds like a cheesy stunt to attrack readers. I bet it's the "Contra Jungle Drug Agent" game we've heard about. Big deal.

No, it's probably not, since the editors of OPM aren't that um...what's the word I'm looking for...cruel? lol.

The last time they did something like this they were talking about Burnout 5. I'm pretty sure it's not a stunt.

I'm talking about this article.

The Article
September 13, 2006 - Activision CEO Robert Kotick revealed his company's line up for Nintendo and Sony's next-gen consolesduring a presentation to the Merrill Lynch Media and Entertainment Conference yesterday.

Kotick revealed some of the titles Activison plans to ship to shelves on the system launch day of the Nintendo Wii and Sony PlayStation 3.

As part of what Kotick called "the largest launch lineup that we've had in the history of our company" Activison plans to bring Call of Duty 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and Tony Hawk's Project 8 to those early adopters of PS3 on November 17.

Solid Lifters
Well, it looks like the mystery game is Oblivion now.

Bump

Nov. 11 (Japanese launch day)

Resistance: Fall of Man (SCEI) / First person shooter

Genji: Days of the Blade (SCEI) / Action

Ridge Racer 7 (Namco Bandai) / Racing

Mobile Suit Gundam: Target In Sight (Namco Bandai) / 3D Action shooting

MahJong Fight Club Online (Konami) / Mahjong

Sega Golf Club featuring Miyazato Family (Sega) / Golf

November 2006

Mahjong Taikai IV (Koei) / Mahjong

December 2006

Gran Turismo HD (working title) (SCEI) / Real driving simulator

Armored Core 4 (FromSoftware) / High-speed mech-action (US release in 2007)

MotorStorm (SCEI) / Off-road racing

Formula One Championship (working title) (SCEI) / F1 Simulator

2006 (TBA)

Fatal Inertia (Koei) / Flying combat racing

Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega) / Action adventure

Railfan (Ongakukan) / Variety

Need for Speed Carbon (Electronic Arts) / Street race

NBA Live 07 (Electronic Arts) / Basketball

Enchant Arm (FromSoftware) / Role playing game

Early 2007

Heavenly Sword (SCEI) / Action adventure

The Eye of Judgment (SCEI) / 3D card battle

Virtua Fighter 5 (Sega) / 3D CG battle

Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Tecmo) / Action adventure

Monster Kingdom: Unknown Realms (working title) (SCEI) / Action Adventure

Lair (tentative name for Japan) (SCEI) / Flight action adventure

Virtua Tennis 3 (Sega) / Tennis

Wangan Midnight (Genki) / Race game

Midyear 2007

Warhawk (SCEI) / Flight action adventure

Everybody's Golf 5 (working title) (SCEI) / Golf

Third quarter 2007

Dark Sector (D3 Publisher) / Combat action

2007 (TBA)

Afrika (working title) (SCEI) / no genre given

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Konami Digital Entertainment) / Tactical espionage action

No date given

Shirokishi Monogatari (SCEI) / Role playing game

Devil May Cry 4 (Capcom) / Stylish action

Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix) / Role playing game

Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War (Koei) / Action

Coded Arms: Assault (Konami Digital Entertainment) / First person shooter

fl0w (working title) (SCEI) / no genre given

I think EA have hinted that they expect upto 6 games to be ready for the PS3 launch. A new Tiger Woods, FNR3, NFS Carbon and Madden make 4 and there's NFL too, perhaps. I don't think they'll be that good, at least there will probably be little difference between the PS3 and 360 versions.

Back