Dude, you shouldn't oughta come in here on your second or third post and start telling people who run the place how they should act. Famine, a well-known and well-respected moderator, and (I think) the #1 post king of the site, was making a public example of someone who asked for it, and even quoted the person asking for it.
Have at it. PM me my IP, or PM Famine his.
Ah, now we get to the mission. At the risk of sounding like a bit of a wanker, all your questions are discussed earlier in the thread. Maybe trailbraking isn't, come to think of it, but it's easy to find help with that, too.
Most people who can't do the ring have the same problem: too much speed into the corners. You feel like you have to keep your speed up, you can't afford to slow down, but burning into a turn costs you exit speed, and exit speed is where you get the speed you need on the straight parts. If you're 5 MPH slow coming out of a turn, you're 5 MPH slow at every point in time till the next application of brakes. It adds up.
Generally brake sooner than you do now, EVERYWHERE. The car cannot be manhandled through the turns. If it's sliding, it's slowing down.
I could easily PM you your IP, it would take me a couple of minutes to come up with the PHP script though.
I can tell you what it does, and if you still don't believe me, then I'll make the script I guess.
OK, so here goes:
First, you make a dummy image. Something that's non-conspicuous (like an avatar) or something that is invisible (an image 1x1 pixel wide that contains one transparent pixel randomly in the post).
You generate the image with PHP, similar to how those dynamic sigs are being generated (heh, I'm working on some GT:HD ranking sigs that will be available to the public soon

).
Now, this is the part that takes effort, is to make a database table or a file to store EVERY SINGLE IP and the current time that the IP is recorded (PHP allows you to do this). Once you finish doing this, then you simply look at the time a member posts, and your image will load just after (if he returns to the thread).
If he doesn't view the image, then you may be wrong. But I doubt that he won't view the image.
The reason I won't do it to you:
- It may be considered hacking, and I don't want to get in trouble
- I respect your privacy
- I'm too lazy to look through these IPs to simply prove a point to you.
Like I said earlier, I apologize "attacking" your moderator (I was so new that I thought he used this method that I posted to get those IP's and then he did this).
Also, I didn't know Famine was a moderator (yes I was that new and oblivious, most forums have "super moderator" as a tag, but this one has an image), and I hope I didn't get off on the bad foot with you guys.
For the actual mission 34:
I did a bit of what you were saying, and it did help quite a bit! I reduced my original time by quite a bit to 7:10 on practice. You could really tell the difference with the ghost and how I had much more exit speed than it.
Thanks!
It's far better to do nothing and let liars like these fill up our forum with garbage and meaningless nonsense. Guys which by the way are very polite... NOT.
You're absolutely correct. My only qualm was that it should either have:
-been done by PM
-all offending posts removed/pruned
Hey, but it's not my forum, and I have no reason to complain, just a reason to beat Mission 34. I'll look up your vids.