The Chop Shop

• Thread starter Turbo Lag
  • 220 comments
sorry to say but i already did. I hoping that your doing something small so i can just integrate the pictures.

opelwh0.jpg

I've been spending some time working on compo pics with photoshop,
using different blurs and enhancements.
Take a look in my gallery and tell me what you think of my latest few updates.

Anyway, I finally found some time to join in, so I took it for a spin.

Going too fast I hit an old Ford and smashed the front up! :lol:

So here is the re-build.

1.jpg

lol. Ill chop now. Just a bit of shaving now...

Whats up with this pic getting smaller and smaller? It was huge when it was posted.....

Opel Vectra

Original

Chop

Click for full size

Photoshoppers:
breakpoint
Diablo'
djblackmon
JJ74...GT.King
MINICOOPER120
turbo lag

The body color was "fuzzy" when i snagged the image to chop it. All i did was ad the vinyl and the clouds. I didn't blur anything. And about the image size, when it was first hosted it was f'n huge! After i chopped it i reposted it in 800X600. I always post images that size because thats the default size that photobucket uploads it at, plus it fits my monitor perfect. Oh i forgot, when i did my chop i did adjust the levels a hair, if you look at the image before mine the car was flat and bland looking, so i adjusted the curves and levels a hair to give a touch of life:)

After i chopped it i reposted it in 800X600. I always post images that size because thats the default size that photobucket uploads it at

Thats the problem. The image wasn't perfectly rectangular, and when it was resized, it was smushed. Next time use PS to rezise it to 800, and it automatically sets the other value so the image doesn't get squished. Then upload it in imageshack without checking the resize button.

? I don't see that it looks bad. Is it just my monitor then? From now on i will just resize it in PS and constrain the proportions then upload it.

Sure why not??

You pick, just pick one that is atleast 800x600, but 1024x768 and up are best. Oh, and just put the image as a thumbnail, same goes for chops, it'll save loading times.

Well these forums are really dead recently, and I have no suggestions, so go and pick something you like.

Plus I just jumped and chose the Vectra, so go pick what you want.

Coice of two.

Honda Civic Sedan (1024x768) or VW Golf Mk1 (800x600).

- or -

I'm happy with either. 👍
I don't have time to chop now. It's nearly midnight and I'm damn tired.
Will chop which ever one you pick tomorrow.

Chop Shop Competition deadline soon. My pic will be posted sometime tomorrow. :)

Edit: Civic is out, we are now doing the Golf.

I like that Golf, we can do a "restoration" style chop. Plus I've been that civic chopped too many times. I cant chop right now either though, paperwork...

so we are starting on the white one right? I'm going to start on the white one right now.

EDIT:

Click for full size

- Lowered
- Removed site logo
- shaved door handle

I think we should go in a race or rally car type direction with this golf, but thats only my opinion. Was the original picture 800X600 because thats what it came up as when i went to make the 500X375 preview and i thought it was bigger.

Yeah a race car was what I wanted to do. I can't chop at the moment, but will eventually.

actually, i need to fix something, the car needs to be rotated a little so that the back is not so low. Good thing i kept the photoshop file, ill brb.

EDIT: Fixed, in previous post.

I think we should go in a race or rally car type direction with this golf, but thats only my opinion. Was the original picture 800X600 because thats what it came up as when i went to make the 500X375 preview and i thought it was bigger.

Original size posted is 800x600. I like the race/rally idea. Could give a great scope.

One thing I want to start is having links to all the finished chops at the start of the page, and I'd be glad to donate my older posts in this thread to doing that.

I'd put the original image, finished image, and most definitely the names of everyone who took part in the chop. To get this started i just need the original image for the mustang and a little cooperation with turbo lag when he's not busy.

Great idea! 👍

I've got post #3 & #4 on the first page if TL can't do it.
Post #3 can be totally redone to accomodate all links and thumbnails.
As for the original Mustang pic Breakpoint may have it.

well i bet i could get a hold of tl in the morning for me because his dinner time is my breakfast, lol. We also need to get the broken image link out of there.

Back