100000 Club

• Thread starter route_66
  • 725 comments
Congrats :cheers: oh and 100% is easier than obtaining max Aspecs.

AMG.

I know, but both is impossible for me. I just can't do the long endurances and my skills are not good enough to max. some of the manufacturer races.
But I'm quite happy with how far I got. GT4 will keep me busy until GT5. I just don't see me buying GT5P.

thank you,

see pdf attached

I see you have got some tough races left to do for max.

1000 miles in the end was easier than I was expecting when I used HantheDragon line up #11 with the Nissan BLR-A.

Roadster 4hr, I feel for you on that one - My current total on that is 0

The rest you can do, You just have to be patient and persistant.

Goodluck 👍 :)

vk1968 welcome to the club. 👍 well done

I'm quite happy with how far I got. GT4 will keep me busy until GT5. I just don't see me buying GT5P.
I know exactly what you mean. I bought GT5P on the day it was released, first the japanese version and then the PAL, and I have to say that GT4 is wholly more satisfying. I know it's been said before, but I hope PD sort it out before GT5 proper.
BTW - vk1968 CONGRATS on reaching 100K :)
nige

Last edited:
He's keeping it quiet, but today is Open Addict's birthday, so congrats to one of the most senior (points-wise) members of the 100,000 club team! :cheers:

Don't quit on the Roadster enduro!
Go for some points at least, if not all of them, and it'll help you to learn lines and tactics for a higher point attempt later on.
I found it very easy to get 147 points with the 1600 NR-A '04 version if you start on N1 tyres and change to N3s after 1 lap.
You'll easily make up the time lost & cleanly pass everyone, but obviously you're not going to get the 200 points that you crave, and would have to employ ballast/dirty tricks/different lineup to get there, but you'd then only be 53 points off your ultimate goal instead of 200!

See here for details, 2 lap winning margin with no NOS or Ballast.

He's keeping it quiet, but today is Open Addict's birthday, so congrats to one of the most senior (points-wise) members of the 100,000 club team! :cheers:

Don't quit on the Roadster enduro!
Go for some points at least, if not all of them, and it'll help you to learn lines and tactics for a higher point attempt later on.
I found it very easy to get 147 points with the 1600 NR-A '04 version if you start on N1 tyres and change to N3s after 1 lap.
You'll easily make up the time lost & cleanly pass everyone, but obviously you're not going to get the 200 points that you crave, and would have to employ ballast/dirty tricks/different lineup to get there, but you'd then only be 53 points off your ultimate goal instead of 200!

See here for details, 2 lap winning margin with no NOS or Ballast.

Thanks for the Birthday Wishes. Unfortunately my 8 year old nephew has asked me to do some NFS carbon racing for him, GT4 is on the shelf ATM.

However shortly I will have another crack at that blasted 4Hr race.
I might try the line-up with out the 1800 rs, using a worn down '89 model with no ballast should give approx 150 - 170 points (because with full ballast it was 195).

I assume double posting for this is allowed. Oh YEAH!, I HATE with a passion the blasted 4hr roadster but it is done.

Huge appologies for the quality.

BIGGEST Thanks to all those that provide info on this site, With out it, I probably would not even have 50k points. 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Edit: Attached better quality photo

Attachments

• Status 111813.png
    Status 111813.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Wow! :tup:x100 Superb achievement! How the hell did you win that race? I think I'll never be able to do it, all because I'm so hard on tires. Fantastic job, not only for winning 4h roadster, but also Hyundais, etc. and actually finishing the three 24h races! :eek:

:cheers: That took some persistence. I'm really happy for you on that achievement. Have a VB for the effort!
Congratulations in conquering arguably the most difficult race.

AMG.

Wow! :tup:x100 Superb achievement! How the hell did you win that race? I think I'll never be able to do it, all because I'm so hard on tires. Fantastic job, not only for winning 4h roadster, but also Hyundais, etc. and actually finishing the three 24h races! :eek:

:cheers: That took some persistence. I'm really happy for you on that achievement. Have a VB for the effort!
Congratulations in conquering arguably the most difficult race.

AMG.

congratulations-008.gif
Open Addict! Another quite remarkable achievement of patience & persistence! 👍

Thank you gentlemen for your congrats.
(Austin343 - the 3 x 24hr enduro's really are not that hard, just extremely long. They really are not that much of a challenge with the right set-up and car.)
(AMG - bugger the V.B. I went for a scotch to try and calm my-self down from the high.:) )

As you may or may not know, I was doing NFS Carbon for my Nephew for a week or so. It then took a day to get back in to the GT style of driving.

Roadster took approx 2 weeks to get right, (the wife was not happy, because the ps2 only got switched of over night three times.) with approx 60 re-starts.
One of them I got almost 2 hours in and had a massive moment, on the last bend (silly me got caught on the outside of the 1800) used all the NOS and was not getting back in front.
Re-start.:ouch:

Eventually, The win was by 0.235 sec in the end, and even the neighbours could tell something was up.

I drove the '89 mx5 from fizio's post. I have now bought another memory card so I now have the game that I play and TWO back-ups.
(Just in-case, because I do Not wnt to have to do that again.)

Once again thanks to the gtplanet, because without the help of others this would not have been possible.

My advice for others who wish to go for points.
1) Be Extremely Patient
2) Take breaks when you get to frustrated
3) Get a Uninteruptable Power Supply - If you can
4) Keep track of your points you need to collect
5) Keep Trying - you will get there
6) Be Extremely Patient :)

I assume double posting for this is allowed. Oh YEAH!, I HATE with a passion the blasted 4hr roadster but it is done.

Huge appologies for the quality.

BIGGEST Thanks to all those that provide info on this site, With out it, I probably would not even have 50k points. 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Many congrats on reaching the magic number. Well done 👍👍
nige

728carsdrivensmallas9.jpg
728carsdrivensmall2kl1.jpg

Well, here's some latest pictures for me. Not a card-carrying member of the 100,000 Club yet. :mischievous:
However, I have completed my insane mission to buy, drive and win a race in every car in the game, without driving any of them more than once (1 single race or 1 championship each) all in A-spec mode. :eek: (exceptions being the unraceable special cars, all of which have been driven though)
It's taken a while i.e. from release date until now! :scared: (There's 3 duplicate cars, 2 x Citroen 2CVs (one in special colour), 2 x Triumph Spitfires (one in special colour) and 2 x Formula Gran Turismos (the original from Nurb' 24 & the all black one for 100%)

Most points have been taken in stock unmodified cars, there been very few races run on N tyres or with ballast as yet and there has been not a single molecule of NOS consumed. There are a lot of easy points left to go for in the stock rides, e.g. only used Dodge Ram for 1 of the Sport Truck races, therefore only took 200 points in 1 race, so there's about 300 leftover points to go for there.

I intend to hit 100000. Won't go for max. points as I don't wish to change my B-spec stats to wear out cars. Also intend to try to get 100000 without NOS.
See you in another few months! :D

Hey I'm currently at 82589 points, with lots of showroom events left to do. Hope to reach 100 000 by Christmas.. Also still struggling to max out my cars for the non 200 points races. How did you guys max out your cars to lose HP?

Has anyone tried putting 9000 miles on their car in A-spec mode **without triggering a Diary entry**?

Practice sessions from the first race of championship events can be run to do so. Abandoning the event afterwards will only affect the A-spec mileage in the Game Status screen (and the odometer)...

Who, other than myself, *might* be willing to do this? I need 100k in 522 races. As of now, I estimate around 95k, and that's without wearing any cars down ("unnaturally"). If I can get 100k without wearing down a vehicle, then I will. But if I have to run 9000 miles in a practice session, then my thumbs and I have to have a talk...

Please help me. and my thumbs... Is there any other way to wear a car down without resorting to B-spec driving? Does anything in Arcade Mode affect the GT Mode mileage/HP?

Thanks in advance. Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazard

What about letting the car drive itself, provided you have a way to hold the throttle ? The car would run laps, helped by the track limits to do its turns. I haven't tried it myself, but I gather it's possible to do it with the right track.

High Speed Ring Reverse (Extreme Hall - Gran Turismo All Stars) would be a good choice IMHO.

Just my 2 cents

Hey guys, please move the conversation to Gen Discussion thread where it belongs.
👍

AMG.

Has anyone tried putting 9000 miles on their car in A-spec mode **without triggering a Diary entry**?

Practice sessions from the first race of championship events can be run to do so. Abandoning the event afterwards will only affect the A-spec mileage in the Game Status screen (and the odometer)...

Who, other than myself, *might* be willing to do this? I need 100k in 522 races. As of now, I estimate around 95k, and that's without wearing any cars down ("unnaturally"). If I can get 100k without wearing down a vehicle, then I will. But if I have to run 9000 miles in a practice session, then my thumbs and I have to have a talk...

Please help me. and my thumbs... Is there any other way to wear a car down without resorting to B-spec driving? Does anything in Arcade Mode affect the GT Mode mileage/HP?

Thanks in advance. Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazard

Why only 522 races? I have done over 100k in 539 races and did not have to wear down any car. My 539 races include all 34 missions and one family cup for 200 points. Anyway I believe you can make 100k without wearing down cars. Good luck!

uups, haven't seen AMG's comment before replying

Almost at 100k. Got 97084 at the moment, still have 11 enduros, 1000 Miles! and Classic car Series, and some showroom events to do. Still got cars to max out as well. A bit stuck at the moment to be honest, dont know which to do next

Ah, it's nice to see a new face here. :) I say go for the enduros first. The short ones, though! :crazy: And then I'd say, do the car-wearing and do your best in the remaining one-makes. Have you already finished the FGT events? That would be impressive for someone under 100k! :cheers:

I've done the short enduros already, lol. Shortest ones left are Infineon ,Nurb 4hr, Super Speedway. I dont want to get started on 1000 Miles! because then I wouldnt be able to do car wearing in between my breaks. I have yet to do any Formula GT events.

Eh, I'd call those short. Long ones are 6+ hours to me. If you don't want to do those, then the manufacturer events are the place to go IMO, especially if there are some you haven't yet done at all. How are you going about this game save? Have you already reached 100% and are going back for more points, or did you start from 0%? There's a lot to be picked up in a few manufacturer races if they're sitting at 0 points, but not so much if you've already done all of them on, say, N2 tires without wearing out the car.

I've finished the game before, this is my second profile. I'm at 92.7% with 97501. Did some races earlier. I've done all the manufacturer races, nothing's sitting at 0. I got about 6000 more to gain in the manufacturer races, 3000 in Extreme Events (FGT), Mission 23 (250 pts), 1800 in Euros (1000 miles! and Euro Classic Car), about 800 in World Classic Car Series, and 2200 in Endurance (11 races left)

Sounds good. And it sounds like you really know what you're doing, too - you seem to know your way around this subforum. 👍 Out of curiosity, do you try to drive all the races you can cleanly, realistically, and with as much variety of cars as possible, or do you use NOS, the Ram, the GSX-R/4, and dirty tactics? Both are certainly valid ways of going about max points - I blitzed by way through with the "cheater cars" the first time and am now trying to do more challenging races, but some of the special conditions and manufacturer events are categorically impossible that way. 👎 It's all part of the max A-spec point hunt, though!

I try driving cleanly, but most times, it's just not possible. I use NOS to get the lead and I keep it in case I need it again. Otherwise, I dont use it. I used the Ram for some races, though I try varying the cars I use. For Special Conditions I used the Subaru Impreza WRX-STI Spec.C and could get 200 points if I faced the 205 T16 Evo 2, but resetting every time got too tedious and I decided to just do it with the Ram. I used the GSX/R-4 for the Japan Championship. I got to about 50000 points before I started using the cars recommended on the this forum

You mean as in, "vs. 6th lineup after console reset"? No, I wish there were a list of lineups, but basically you just have to reset the console and enter/exit five times to get it. Sometimes the cars in the lineup are listed here, but you sometimes need to simply find out for yourself what those cars are.

Back