2nd GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season Over!)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 2,414 comments
Ok thats the PAL practice race done. Good result for me! :dopey:

Fastest Lap: GT4genius 1.32.292
Final Positions:
1)GT4genius
2)LewyOs
3)Kakundoo
4)GTP_Aussierules

I think the race was fairly incident free, Kakundoo was reporting an incident with LewyOs and we can sort that out now. And LewyOs said I touched him also, was it when you overtook me on the outside of the final corner? That was terrible defending by me, but I thought I left you enough room?

Good race overall.

Last edited:
Ok thats the PAL practice race done. Good result for me! :dopey:

Fastest Lap: GT4genius 1.32.292
Final Positions:
1)GT4genius
2)LewyOs
3)Kakundoo
4)GTP_Aussierules

I think the race was fairly incident free, Kakundoo was reporting an incident with LewyOs and we can sort that out now. And LewyOs said I touched him also, was it when you overtook me on the outside of the final corner? That was terrible defending by me, but I thought I left you enough room?

Good race overall.

Yeh, just felt like a nudge from behind, nothing major, it's to be expected.

I know the moment kakundoo is speaking of also, was at turn 8 on the first lap, I put it down the inside made the corner, saw kakundoo to the left of me, certainly didn't feel like we touched though.

I wish I could say the same. At turn 7 or 8 on the 1st lap I was crashed off from behind from either LewyOs or GTAussie, I think it was LewyOs as he was the one behind me. Whoever it was didnt wait and I lost 50 seconds due to the incident.

Yeh, just felt like a nudge from behind, nothing major, it's to be expected.

I know the moment kakundoo is speaking of also, was at turn 8 on the first lap, I put it down the inside made the corner, saw kakundoo to the left of me, certainly didn't feel like we touched though.

I wish I could say the same. At turn 7 or 8 on the 1st lap I was crashed off from behind from either LewyOs or GTAussie, I think it was LewyOs as he was the one behind me. Whoever it was didnt wait and I lost 50 seconds due to the incident.

Well, sounds like another victim of the lag bubble, this is the idea behind the practice races, we need to race together a bit to get to know each others driving skills and also to get used to the online environment and how much room you need to give people and what to be aware of.

No-one is going to be penalised just yet, though they will later. Please keep in mind the problems of lag, this goes for both of you. I know it might seem like the other guy is making up his story and it was/wasn't an obvious collision, but with the lag these things happen.
However, I will say to LewyOs that next time check your rear and see if anything has happened to your opponent (if possible), because if they've gone off course its more than likely it was because of the lag bubble. Just wait for the person to catch up and give them the place back and continue, but this isn't going to go against you or anything, its just we need to get into the habit. :)

How were you hit, kakundoo? From behind?

Like I say, I put it down the inside, certainly no damage to my car.

There tends not to be any damage when it involves the cushion effect. But can we just leave it at that, we dont want this to spiral into something it dosent need to.

Just everyone, myself included, give more than the space of a car between you and whatever car is near you. End of, dont you agree Ardius?

Leave me out of it
New nose was after 2nd stop when i spun and nudged a barrier.......

I saw the incident as i was behind both of you...........

There tends not to be any damage when it involves the cushion effect. But can we just leave it at that, we dont want this to spiral into something it dosent need to.

Just everyone, myself included, give more than the space of a car between you and whatever car is near you. End of, dont you agree Ardius?

Eh, cough cough! Please just leave it, this is why we have practice races, to iron out these issues, and going into too much detail when no one can be completely sure is general not a good idea we've found out before.

Lets just say it was a racing incident.............

It was a practice race !!!!

It was good fun

Lets just leave it at that..................

Eh, cough cough! Please just leave it, this is why we have practice races, to iron out these issues, and going into too much detail when no one can be completely sure is general not a good idea we've found out before.

I know, sorry, it's just I really don't like to be accused of things, I whole heartedly believe I have not done.

I know, sorry, it's just I really don't like to be accused of things, I whole heartedly believe I have not done.

I whole heartedly believed that I hadnt touched you when you passed. But the games positioning system is odd, it seems to place a giant circle around your car which is often touched unnoticed by others, and since these cars are so erratic at times the touches can often end badly. So although we arent accusing you we are just saying bear in mind that you may have unintentionally and completely unaware to yourself made 'contact'.

I whole heartedly believed that I hadnt touched you when you passed. But the games positioning system is odd, it seems to place a giant circle around your car which is often touched unnoticed by others, and since these cars are so erratic at times the touches can often end badly. So although we arent accusing you we are just saying bear in mind that you may have unintentionally and completely unaware to yourself made 'contact'.

I understand that, but he says he was hit from behind, when I was alongside.

Unfortunately we have a full grid right now in NTSC, but I can hold you as a support/reserve driver for the time being to fill in for anyone who doesn't turn up. If anyone quits, you will be first in for the vacant seat naturally.

He can take my seat for the First two rounds as apperantly, it'll be two weeks before my PS3 finally arrives

Congrats ,GT4Genius :

Fast lap , and a victory , sound like your guy's event went alright , sounds as if the bubble effect got some of you ,but it sounded good.

A good rule of thumb , from my experience - leave at least a good car - car and a half length distance from person in front of you , and you should be ok from the bubble effect.

Well our turn at this - in an hour 1/2 - gonna go rip some laps off here , once again , good job PAL guys

Attention NTSC Drivers

Please post any results , comments , or general chit chat concerning race , so if there are any issues , they can be ironed out

Good luck tonight guys !!!! and remember - have fun !!!!

Unfortunately we have a full grid right now in NTSC, but I can hold you as a support/reserve driver for the time being to fill in for anyone who doesn't turn up. If anyone quits, you will be first in for the vacant seat naturally.

I am considering fielding a one-man 6th team, but I'm not going ahead with it just yet. I need to see if people feel this is fair or not.

You are welcome to turn up to the race tonight however, I'm sure DaddyVDUB will oblige with bumping up the driver limit. :) We are only on practice races right now, so no championship stuff is going to be decided just yet.

I believe RACECAR cannot make it this evening. I also believe his teammate wouldn't mind if someone filled in for him, for this race at least. Perhaps ZERODUCK could fill in tonite. Just a thought.

I just got back from Gamestop, and now have a usb mini keyboard, and the bluetooth headset. If anybody wants to chat, outside of the F1 game, let me know. I haven't set up a chat over PSN yet, and am not quite sure how to even get my mic setup yet. Maybe I'll have it figured out by 8:30 or so. See you guys soon, and good luck. 👍

We talked about it and ZERODUCK has our permission to become Super Aguri's third driver. :D

Nice Race!

I GOT POLE POSITION SUCKAS!!!!:sly:👍

Team Lotus is in the lead, with 8+6=14 points.

GTP_Lofasz came in 2nd
GTP_SimcoeAce came in 3rd.

-Ah yes, twas only a practice race.

That was intense though. I'm all sweating. That was fun.

Sorry to anybody I might have accidentlly tapped. It looked like I rear ended one person, braking into turn 1, around lap 12. On my screen, i still had 5 car lengths of room.

Nice race everyone. I had a disappointing Quali, but got a great start and I think I was P3 going into turn 1, but i think I broke a tad early to be safe but got shunted. Good practice though.

What were laptimes like? I saw a 1:33 close to flat at the lead. I had 3 or 4 around 1:34 flat.

Edit:

What's up with turn 6? It hasn't happened to me in reg play very often but if you come in a tad hot, the car loses all grip and won't brake. I was catching 7th place when I missed it 2 laps in a row with an 8 sec penalty.

Last edited:
Put it simply, my fast lap wasn't anything to write home about.
anime_smile_sweat.gif

Hopefully, I can practice with some of the settings turned down or off altogether.

For the sake of asking do we have another practice race for the NTSC Division or are we about to go headlong into this thing?:D

I also was able to do a screencap of the results with the videocard. Anyone here need proof of the results?

Mayhem at Turn 1! I think I shunted you Sump :guilty:, then watched everyone slide off in all directions! I came out of it all in first with no damage:), & was leading for quite a few laps with Mongo catching up, until I spun & Mongo passed me.

Held 2nd until after the first pitstop (14.2 secs), & then spun somewhere & smashed my front wingshad to come in & pit (22 secs! :ouch:) & re-entered in 6th. Snuck past a couple (don't think I hit you VDUB?) & got helped out by Camikaze "blocking" Lennon in the last lap.

2nd & 3rd for Team Lotus (McLaren?:confused:) (although I was actually driving a Honda!?)

Yeah if you could post that it would be GREAT. Everyone involved THANKS hope all had fun,just practice hope we all learned from it. We may try for another race in a few days. Sorry about T1 Lofasz jumped ahead of you then remembered no overtaking till after T2,so I slowed too much & DUCK got me,Sorry Lennon dont know why I hit you. But it aint cool to wreck your team mate I couldnt avoid it buddY

Very nicely done NTSC guys , aside from a turn 1 melee ,the race went rather well.

GTP_Lofasz took pole with a 1.33.xxx well done 👍

Mofongo273 took victory with a 31.859 lead over 2nd place well done 👍

Mofongo273 set fast lap with a 1.33.087 well done 👍

2nd - GTP_Lofasz
3rd - GTP_SimcoeAce
4th - GTP_JWLennon
5th - GTP_DaddyVDubb
7th - Zeroduck1
8th - Sumpington
10th - GTP_Caimkaze

Only 1 condition that I saw should be adressed , if you are a car that is in the process of being lapped , please slow down , and let leaders through if at all possible.

Lets keep in mind we are all friends here and we are here to have fun , this is not real life for a trophy or prize money,things like turn 1 happen frequently , it is hard to be avoided , just use caution.Other than that great job fellas :cheers: 👍:)

Last edited:
Mayhem at Turn 1! I think I shunted you Sump :guilty:, then watched everyone slide off in all directions! I came out of it all in first with no damage:), & was leading for quite a few laps with Mongo catching up, until I spun & Mongo passed me.

Held 2nd until after the first pitstop (14.2 secs), & then spun somewhere & smashed my front wingshad to come in & pit (22 secs! :ouch:) & re-entered in 6th. Snuck past a couple (don't think I hit you VDUB?) & got helped out by Camikaze "blocking" Lennon in the last lap.

2nd & 3rd for Team Lotus (McLaren?:confused:) (although I was actually driving a Honda!?)

YES YES you did quite hard actually,but its all good just practice.:)

Can we change our team name to "Team Lofus"? No typo. That's what the vanity plate says on my Lotus Elise (LOFUS). I'll upload a picture tonite, into one of my albums. Lofus is a cross between Lotus and Lofasz. Its a nickname between family and friends.

Nice first race for us Biggles. I lost my front wing on turn one, when somebody dove right in front of me, not sure who it was. Perhaps we might consider turning collsions off? Just a thought. Now I know how Hamilton felt, at Bahrain this past year. I'm not sore though. I know accidents happen in racing, so its not something to get all nuts about. I think our team is looking good this season!:sly:👍

DaddyVDUB & Lennon better watch out!;)

Very nicely done NTSC guys , aside from a turn 1 melee ,the race went rather well.

GTP_Lofasz took pole with a 1.33.xxx well done 👍

Mofongo273 took victory with a 31.859 lead over 2nd place well done 👍

Mofongo273 set fast lap with a 1.33.087 well done 👍

2nd - GTP_Lofasz
3rd - GTP_SimcoeAce
4th - GTP_JWLennon
5th - GTP_DaddyVDubb
7th - Zeroduck1
10th - GTP_Caimkaze

Hey I was P8! And yeah I saw Mofo come up on me and let him past. 👍

I also was able to do a screencap of the results with the videocard. Anyone here need proof of the results?[/FONT]

Just for safety sake in case of our screwup , please do , thank you Camikaze 👍

Back