Sixaxis to G25 - 1 Year

• Thread starter Synwraith
  • 254 comments
I just ordered a G25 and Wheel Stand Pro. I have only used a controller for all of the GT games so this ought to be interesting.

Maz, this thread is very interesting/informative. My schedule allows only limited GT5P game time, but I expect to see my lap times drop once I get used to the wheel.

Cheers.

Val

I just ordered a G25 and Wheel Stand Pro. I have only used a controller for all of the GT games so this ought to be interesting.

Maz, this thread is very interesting/informative. My schedule allows only limited GT5P game time, but I expect to see my lap times drop once I get used to the wheel.

Cheers.

Val

Hi Val, your laptimes will improve, but for the sake of your own enjoyment and sanity, do not expect it to happen overnight.

I'm literally 2 months in now and only just able to put together regular solid 10-lap races.

Maybe real life driving and racing experience will serve you well, good luck! 👍

All the best
Maz

Three Months

When I started this thread I decided to post regularly only up until the point where I had matched my Sixaxis pace, and then again only when as a result of G25 use my pace had noticeably improved from my previous benchmark and plateau with Sixaxis.

I believe that time has now come :)

Time Trials and Hotlapping
In terms of WRS and time-trialling in general, I am now performing at D2 Gold level on a regular basis, although my official divisional status does not reflect this at the moment. When I finished with the Sixaxis I had just attained D2 silver but then had to find that pace again on the wheel. An example of this is the RX-7 S2 time trial at Fuji Speedway F, my original best Sixaxis time was 1'55.275. I had gotten within 1.2 seconds of that in 2 days of G25 use. I was 0.65 seconds off after 3 days, 0.5 off after 5 days. I tried this again yesterday and my best lap was 1'54.924, about 0.35 faster than my previous best with room for a couple more tenths for sure, and good enough for 72nd on what must be one of the most superstar-ridden leaderboards. This, as well as my WRS 32 result are some slowly emerging examples of lower Division 1 pace. In the Art Morrisson Corvette in Event 03 at Suzuka, my best lap was less than a second slower than the D1 gold benchmark. I attribute this improvement almost entirely to the extra control and precision available to me on the G25 compared to Sixaxis.

Racing and Consistency
Along with general hotlapping pace, this is the area in which I have improved the most in the last 2 months. As evidenced by my Event 03 results, I can now regularly drive difficult cars like the Art Morrison at speed around circuits like Suzuka for 10 laps without spinning or crashing. I feel I am 80% of the way back to my Sixaxis levels of consistency in races, possibly even moreso on combos I am most comfortable with such as 750PP Suzuka. In one 750PP Suzuka race using the Corvette Tuned I did a string of 8 laps in the following fashion: 1'56.8, 1'56.8, 1'56.8, 1'56.8, 1'56.6, 1'56.7, 1'57.0, 1'56.8.

Racing closely is far easier for me again now, and in fact easier than with Sixaxis. I can go side by side with other good drivers all the way through Suzuka turn 1, through both Spoons and through Casio and the esses. I am incredibly relieved to be able to do this again.

Going back to consistency of laptimes and performance, when I was doing the Event03 week 2 combo (Ferrari 599 at Fuji) which was also WRS 32, I managed four laps all at 1'43.0xx in a row before the fifth lap yielded a 1'42.9 which I submitted.

Car Control and Difficult Corners
This has improved much, I can catch catchable spins, losing it only in the massive moments. Can do some semi-drifting cornering around turn 1 and spoon at Suzuka etc My throttle control has really come a long way to the point where I can even close the gap on top ghosts around the very long right hand sweeper of Fuji.

I've now got to the stage where corners like Turn 1 at Suzuka are easy for me again, better than they have ever been in fact. This also applies to Degner 1 and Spoon 2. I haven't been to Daytona Road in a very long time so it'll be interesting to see how the bus stop is for me now with my improved control over the car. Another fine example is the corner at Fuji right after the chicane. In the 599, to do it perfectly you had to build up the throttle to about 55% and then give it some beans at the apex while being very careful not to use so much steering angle that meant the car lost the rear. Immensely satisfying and totally impossible for me on Sixaxis.

One thing I should stress is that I am still using the same setup as I had in the first week of purchase, the whole wooden plank and shoebox rubbish, I still haven't bought the Wheelstand Pro. I'm hoping that will also contribute to further improvements in pace and consistency.

My biggest senses of achievement over the last 3 months have been that WRS 32 result and being able to race FAK_EV1L for 10 laps at Suz750 neck and neck to the line on the last lap. I can still see myself making improvements but they are almost invisible, just one day I realise that i am closer to the top than I ever have been. My biggest problem currently is taking a very long time to reach my limit on a particular combo, that's still way below D1 and top D2 level, but luckily we don't have a Daily race Series at GTP yet ;)

All the best
Maz

Nice read Maz :cheers: Glad to see my 6-axis partner in crime back up to pace and faster/better than ever :sly: I have a little bit to add as well, in regards to my personal experience transitioning from pad to wheel over the past month 👍

After using a wheel for a little over a month now I have learned a lot about the transition and have realized that there is a much larger learning curve with the wheel than I originally expected there to be :dopey: The wheel is a entirely new and different tool that can take many weeks, even months to truly master...unless you have alien like learning abilities and pick things up extremely quick :crazy: Perseverance and the will to succeed are what have helped to push me through the past month, especially during the brutally discouraging first few days :scared: Being extremely analytical during and after each session have also helped me to improve with every passing day...as I've always been aware of what I needed to do to improve (with my driving technique), in order to continually shave time off 👍

Before making the switch I was expecting my real world driving/racing experience to really help me with getting on with the wheel in quick fashion, but I quickly ended up finding the wheel and the entire immersion experience to be quite challenging and foreign to me on the first couple of days :dunce: Learning to drive at the limit with only the steering wheel giving you feedback was definitely a bit of an eye opener to me, especially considering the game sends the vehicles weight transfer through the steering wheel in an attempt to give you more feel for what the car is doing (which isn't very realistic in reality). In order to be quick with the wheel you must really learn to read and predict what the steering wheel is telling you, as well as all of the other surrounding sensory inputs (sight & sound). On the first few days I was really fighting the steering wheel and the car, as I didn't really have a good idea of what the wheel was trying to tell me. Not having the sensory input of having load placed on your body was something that I needed to learn to do without, at least in order to be quick in this virtual racing game.

I've also found that driving some of the tougher cars in this game on a consistent basis has really helped with my progression in the past weeks. Driving the Art Morrison @ Suzuka for the past week really helped to get my footwork up to par, as the car demands precise modulation of the throttle and brake. Having exceptional footwork seems to be a vital part of being an elite pilot, especially in this game as it seems to exaggerate the vehicles trajectory/yaw angle through throttle and brake application. Simply put, a lot of steering and rotation of the vehicle is done through the application of the throttle and brakes. More so than in reality.

As far as my current pace with the wheel - It's taken me roughly a month to claw back all of the pace I had lost when switching from the 6-axis to the wheel, although I would say at this point I'm faster with some combos and slower with others depending on how the combo favors the 6-axis or wheel. I know for a fact that I couldn't have driven the Art Morrison @ Suzuka (Event 3 combo) nearly as fast with a pad as I was with a wheel, as the car was just too much of a boat to keep on the road with such limited modulation and precision that can be had with the pad. I also had a go at the GTP Registry qualifier (RX7 @ Fuji) just a day or two ago and was able to shave 2 tenths off my 6-axis time within about 40 minutes or so. I still left a fairly attainable two tenths on the table which would had only put me 3 tenths away from Holl01's 1st place IFTC lap....not bad :) The one combo that I do feel a bit slower at is the R34 @ Fuji (red emblem race). With the pad my best lap time was a 1'47.6xx, while the best I have achieved with the wheel is only a 1'47.8xx. Although I feel like I could probably find another 2 tenths without too much issue, it still doesn't seem quite as easy to achieve such a lap as it was with the pad. I will say Fuji was always one of my strongest suits with the 6-axis though, especially since I used the chase cam and always had the most ideal view for the last sector 💡

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing how Maz, Carl, and myself progress in the next couple of months...as long as we don't plateau of course :lol: I will definitely continue to keep everyone updated on my progress in the following weeks 👍

Cheers,
Brock

Thanks for the review Brock :)
By the looks of it, you are already back to your old form, or very close to it 👍 Looking forward to hearing more from you in the future.

EDIT:

I had to go back and have another go at the RX-7 after reading your post Maz.
I had tried it about a month after getting the G25 and after only a 30 minute
session :crazy: (not much for me as you know) I trimmed off 4 tenths from my qualifier time.

Well, I had another go about a week or two ago. An hour-long session this time,
and trimmed off nearly .5 more. Tonight, after two hours, I managed to finally sneak
into the top 100 :dopey: which had been my aim. I think it was good enough for
83rd at the moment, still almost .1 off your pace though Maz 👍

I think I'm going to give it up for a while, although I think there may be a tenth
or two left for me yet. It is unreal to me to think that I was finally able to get under the
1'55 mark there, when just back in early March, I spent +/- 10 hours with the sixaxis to
get a time over a second slower than what I am now capable of :crazy:

The wheel is one of the best purchases I have ever made, without a doubt :D

Last edited:
cheers for the post, really interesting to me, as I'm waiting on a G25 to arrive in the post any day now!
I'm looking forward to hopefully improving my game (eventually.) The GT Academy thing was so frustraing last year with a controller, watching the ghost of first place firing out the corners so much quicker than I could ever manage. I got up to 82nd ish, and I reckon quite a few of those who beat me must have used steering wheels. The problem now wil be is that I wont have an excuse for losing once i get good with th G25!

Nice to see both Maz and Brock back up the top and are both mastering the wheel.

You both have to much will power ;)

I'm also waiting for a G25 ordered on offer from Play, and a new desk. Once thats sorted I'll also be a wheeler. I had a wheel on my PS2 but it was a cheapo one from Game, and you had to press certain buttons on the wheel and set it up each time you used it. A bit off topic but how well does the wheel work with other games, I've got Grid and Midnight Club LA (and Wipeout HD if thats doable with a wheel?)

Nice read Maz :cheers: Glad to see my 6-axis partner in crime back up to pace and faster/better than ever :sly: I have a little bit to add as well, in regards to my personal experience transitioning from pad to wheel over the past month 👍

*snip*

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing how Maz, Carl, and myself progress in the next couple of months...as long as we don't plateau of course :lol: I will definitely continue to keep everyone updated on my progress in the following weeks 👍

Cheers,
Brock

Well you clearly are an alien and it has taken you less than one month to achieve what took me 3 months, but I knew this would be the case just as it was for Bollocks. I'd love to know more details about your analytical approach to your improvements.

You also mentioned driving difficult cars really seems to help and I have to agree. After driving the 599, Art Morrison and Lotus 111R/tuned a lot recently I have noticed a small breakthrough in pace and consistency that just wasn't there before this month. And Hugo mentioned to me last year the same thing you just said, that in GT5P moreso than in any other version of the game, the steering is done with the throttle.

I don't think we will plateau, I'm 3 months in and continually getting better in all departments especially confidence. Even year-long wheel users like Stotty still say they are improving.

I had to go back and have another go at the RX-7 after reading your post Maz.
I had tried it about a month after getting the G25 and after only a 30 minute
session :crazy: (not much for me as you know) I trimmed off 4 tenths from my qualifier time.

Well, I had another go about a week or two ago. An hour-long session this time,
and trimmed off nearly .5 more. Tonight, after two hours, I managed to finally sneak
into the top 100 :dopey: which had been my aim. I think it was good enough for
83rd at the moment, still almost .1 off your pace though Maz 👍

The wheel is one of the best purchases I have ever made, without a doubt :D

Couldn't agree more, and I seem to have inspired a lot of people to go back and have a crack at this again, it's become quite the pissing contest :lol:

Look at those Division 2 sandbaggers GTP_Theewar and GTP_Graffen with killer times on the board now!

cheers for the post, really interesting to me, as I'm waiting on a G25 to arrive in the post any day now!
I'm looking forward to hopefully improving my game (eventually.) The GT Academy thing was so frustraing last year with a controller, watching the ghost of first place firing out the corners so much quicker than I could ever manage. I got up to 82nd ish, and I reckon quite a few of those who beat me must have used steering wheels. The problem now wil be is that I wont have an excuse for losing once i get good with th G25!

You will still have excuses aplenty in the first 2 or 3 months mate, it's not a sharp improvement situation unless you were already D1 material beforehand. You have to be incredibly patient, positive and accept the fact that for a while, you'll be off pace and unable to compete at the highest level. It's thoroughly worth it in the end. I could never go back to Sixaxis.

Nice to see both Maz and Brock back up the top and are both mastering the wheel.

You both have to much will power ;)

I've said this to you before and i'll say again, you have no motivation :lol: You are already a top D1 driver on the pad so you had nothing to prove, for you it would be those last 2 or 3 tenths in exchange for a month or 2 of hardship and discomfort in racing. For me it was 3 months of frustration and anguish in return for nearly half a second per lap and learning to drive properly!

All the best
Maz

I got a DF-GT on Saturday and I'm okay with FF cars and 4WD but hopeless with FR cars. I can't catch a tank slapper at all but some corners such as the hairpin at Suzuka which used to be difficult for me with a DS3 are a pleasure to drive though with a wheel.

I've started a new save under a new user name and I'm playing though the one player game again. I've won a couple of races in the A class and hopefully I'll gain access to the quick tuning in the next few days.

I know I can change it in the options but the Sequential shifter goes forward to shift down and backwards to shift up. This feels counter intuitive to me. Pushing forward to me feels like it should be an unshift as I feel that I'm advancing therefore pushing forward to advance whereas pulling back feels as if it should be a downshift as pulling back is like reining in and preparing to slow or stop.

Does anyone else feel like this or am I just being contrary?

Do real cars with Sequential shift do it this way as well?

I've got my wheel mounted on a piece of wood at the moment but I'm hoping to get a wheel stand soon.

I've enjoyed everything I've read in this thread over its 8 pages and I'm hoping to get back to my DS3 times in about three months.

I got a DF-GT on Saturday and I'm okay with FF cars and 4WD but hopeless with FR cars. I can't catch a tank slapper at all but some corners such as the hairpin at Suzuka which used to be difficult for me with a DS3 are a pleasure to drive though with a wheel.

I've started a new save under a new user name and I'm playing though the one player game again. I've won a couple of races in the A class and hopefully I'll gain access to the quick tuning in the next few days.

I know I can change it in the options but the Sequential shifter goes forward to shift down and backwards to shift up. This feels counter intuitive to me. Pushing forward to me feels like it should be an unshift as I feel that I'm advancing therefore pushing forward to advance whereas pulling back feels as if it should be a downshift as pulling back is like reining in and preparing to slow or stop.

I've got my wheel mounted on a piece of wood at the moment but I'm hoping to get a wheel stand soon.

I've enjoyed everything I've read in this thread over its 8 pages and I'm hoping to get back to my DS3 times in about three months.

Great stuff, from reading the thread you'll notice your difficulties/improvements are very similar to my own. I agree with you 100% on the sequential thing, I'm not sure it can be changed on G25 but on one of the earlier wheels you can invert the sequential shift to make it more like real racing cars.

All the best
Maz

Nice writings Brock, and again Carl and Maz. 👍

Tired Tyres. Congrats on your wheel purchase. :) 👍
And yeah, it would be unhuman if you didn't have any problems at all with FR cars at the start. :) But, it's just practise, practise.. from now on and you'll get it. When you do, it will feel great. :)

About the sequential.. I'm sure there are others that feel the same way as you do. Myself I feel that pulling back is right for the upshift. :) For example most of the racing/rally cars that has/has had that type of gearbox, the upshift is pulling back. For me that feels natural, this little example came into my mind: imagine attaching a big weight into the gearlever. When you are slowing down and braking hard, the g forces would push the lever forwards, and the opposite for accelerating. :)

In real cars, I'd say most are using the way you would prefer. But for example BMW in their newer (they had otherway around earlier too) models, have changed it around, so upshift is pulling back. Which is 👍 from me.
But anyway, its just a personal preference I guess. :)

And sorry Maz for a little offtopicish post. ;)

Last edited:
JvM
And sorry Maz for a little offtopicish post. ;)

It's cool Jaffa, that was very on topic IMO as it deals with the realism of the wheel and its peripherals :cheers:

All the best
Maz

I've gotten my DF-GT for over four months now. I just did not have the opportunity to put it to use due to my young child running around. To make the story short, my kids are with their grand parents in Virginia Beach for the whole week and I finally have the opportunity to use the wheel. This is all credited to Maz's thread. It actually inspire me to start using the wheel.

My hesitation from using the wheels is more or less the competitor in me. It doesn't matter to me wether you win or loose, but it's just not fun when you suck. And when any of us who convert from the pad to the wheel, lets face it WE SUCK JUST A LITTLE BIT...
Well I sucked up my pride and started using the wheels. Took what I've learned from reading this thread and apply it in the last two days.
I did not want to loose faith in the wheels so I took my favorite car to the track that I was most comfortable with. The R8 at Fuji F. I started out having all sorts of problem, but once I was comfortable with the wheels. Nothing can describe the feelings. It was like playing a brand new game. I managed to get within 1 sec. of my ghost from the pad.
I only have a few gripes with the wheel. I kept missing the shifter buttons at the back of the wheels. I have not gotten used to the braking distance and the feel of the brakes. It just brakes so much better than the pads.
I feel that once I get more seat times with the wheels, the improvement to your times would be so so much more than the pads.
I'm like a kid all over again... Thanks Maz and everyone for the write up.

Hi.

You’ll find that they work in the same way, may have something to do with inertia, and G-forces, take a rally car for instants on take off the amount of g-force will plaster you back into the seat, if you were then try to push the stick forward you would be forcing against the fundamental principles of motion of matter classical physics, same with braking coming down from 100mph plus in a few seconds, your being thrown forward with tremendous force, all your organs and limbs are being thrust towards the dash, so to pull back on the stick would be going against the motion of matter.

The same to can be said of a cockpit in a plane, take the yoke in your hands to come down which way would you move the yoke, or vice versa to go up. Get these mixed up and your in some right deep do-do.

Sorry Maz if off topic, but as I love physics I thought I would just answer the question.

Please don’t give me detention, or six of the best.

Phillip.

Think it's time you dropped the G25 'L plate' comment from your sig now Maz ;)

You will still have excuses aplenty in the first 2 or 3 months mate, it's not a sharp improvement situation unless you were already D1 material beforehand. You have to be incredibly patient, positive and accept the fact that for a while, you'll be off pace and unable to compete at the highest level. It's thoroughly worth it in the end. I could never go back to Sixaxis.

Depends how quickly someone gets used to it I guess. I've been a pad user since the start but at the recent UKGTP meeting I used a wheel for the first time and went quicker than I ever did with a joypad within a few races. That was on GT4 but as long as you know vaguely how to go quickly the transition to wheel should be fairly straightforward.

I think the physics in GT5P make it much harder to just jump in be quick with the wheel compared to GT4.

Like the OP I have only ever used the pad for the GT series but yesterday my G25 arrived from play.com (£99 bargain) and ever since i've been having a ball. I do have some questions though and I apologise for not reading this thread but im short on time.

1. What are the ideal steering settings i.e power assistance on/off, Amateur/professional/simulation, force feedback. When I say ideal I mean if you want to compete for the time trials.

2. I noticed a disc was included with my G25 to configure on my PC. Do you need to bother with this as I just plugged the G25 into my PS3.

3. There are some holes on the bottom of my wheel,pedals,shifter so you can obviously bolt these on. No bolts were included with my G25, are these included with race cockpits (currently using table).

4. I always knew the wheel would be quicker but some people still seem to be doing things that I cannot do with the wheel. For example last bend on Suzuka E some people on the time trails are able to keep their foot on the accelerator and make the car turn much sharper than I can despite being full lock. I have to lift otherwise I run off the road which TBH is far more realistic. How are they doing this??

Overall despite only using my G25 for a few hrs im absolutely loving it. I instantly knew when I started playing GT5P that this game was designed to be played using a wheel and how right I was. Im struggling a little bit with the shifter as I keep putting it in the wrong gear lol, however within just 10mins of using the G25 I was only half a second off the top 10 time on HSR using the Lotus Evora. Im sure with practice I will get quicker but like I said in question 4 I will always lose time on some bends due to missing some technique.

My next purchase will certainly be a cockpit ready for GT5 which TBH is why I bought the G25. I did have a horrible feeling that what if the G25 isn't compatitble with GT5 or am I just being paranoid!

Like the OP I have only ever used the pad for the GT series but yesterday my G25 arrived from play.com (£99 bargain) and ever since i've been having a ball. I do have some questions though and I apologise for not reading this thread but im short on time.

To be fair, most of the below has been addressed somewhere in the thread.

1. What are the ideal steering settings i.e power assistance on/off, Amateur/professional/simulation, force feedback. When I say ideal I mean if you want to compete for the time trials.

I set it to Simulation, initially FFB 7, then 4, and settled on 5, all assissts off. It will benefit you greatly in the long run to run without assissts.

2. I noticed a disc was included with my G25 to configure on my PC. Do you need to bother with this as I just plugged the G25 into my PS3.

Not required for PS3 mate 👍

4. I always knew the wheel would be quicker but some people still seem to be doing things that I cannot do with the wheel. For example last bend on Suzuka E some people on the time trails are able to keep their foot on the accelerator and make the car turn much sharper than I can despite being full lock. I have to lift otherwise I run off the road which TBH is far more realistic. How are they doing this??

This really depends on what car you are referring to. Sometimes you can follow in the exact tracks of the car in front but they can be quicker all over the track. It depends somewhat on how they have set the car up for a corner, have they done most of their rotation early on so that they can power out of the corner without the need for any more significant steering than winding off lock, or have they gone in slower in order to come out faster? Some AWD cars are able to actually accelerate faster when floored with a lot of lock and they seem to do this kind of power slide out of corners, especially the GTR. For the last corner at Suz East I found a very good way to take that corner was to let the car drift out wide, not necessarily because of throttle understeer but actually directing it there, so that you can come in from very wide and carry more speed at the apex and through the exit.

It's great to hear you're enjoying your purchase, it will just get better and better :cheers:

All the best
Maz

This really depends on what car you are referring to. Sometimes you can follow in the exact tracks of the car in front but they can be quicker all over the track. It depends somewhat on how they have set the car up for a corner, have they done most of their rotation early on so that they can power out of the corner without the need for any more significant steering than winding off lock, or have they gone in slower in order to come out faster? Some AWD cars are able to actually accelerate faster when floored with a lot of lock and they seem to do this kind of power slide out of corners, especially the GTR. For the last corner at Suz East I found a very good way to take that corner was to let the car drift out wide, not necessarily because of throttle understeer but actually directing it there, so that you can come in from very wide and carry more speed at the apex and through the exit.

It's great to hear you're enjoying your purchase, it will just get better and better :cheers:

All the best
Maz
Thanks for replying and Chunkee monkey.

Certainly improving with the wheel but its such a jump from using the pad.

As for my question No4 I shall post back and let you know which replays im referring to so hopefully you can watch them yourself and see what I mean because there are a few examples.

Just got my G25 today!!! The first car I tried was the Mini Cooper S, at Suzuka East. After 10-15 laps, I got myself up to 7th! well chuffed :D I used the flappy paddles rather than the manual shifter though. I tried that, and it has given me massive respect for those who can use it well! How does something that is so natural when driving a real car become so impossible all of a sudden?! I definitely need to lean how to heel-and-toe if i want to be good with the manual...

I tried several faster cars too. The problem I found is that I'm not aggressive enough when it comes to catching slides, and I'm not yet comfortable with the car being loose beneath me as I would normally be with the controller. I seem to let the steering wheel do its thing rather than fighting against it, which causes me to spin.

Oh and I tried the Ferrari F2007 at Daytona Superspeedway, the steering shakes really violently from side to side, I was hanging on for dear life:nervous:

My best advice for any begginer wheel user- 111R Tuned Suzuka East, Follow MAY for a couple laps then turn the ghost off. He will blow by you by turn 1 so you can see his lines. This car doesnt relate to any other car, but what it will do is get you use to oversteer/catching slides and knowing how, what Synwrath said, to get the car turned fast so you can apply the power. Besides all that, it is a Fantastic car/track combo and its one of the best tracks to restart on.

a funny story- I received my G25 for x-mas but I didnt receive any stand to attach it to, but I knew I was getting one within a few weeks. But like any kid (im 25) on x-mas I had to try it out. I had never seen a FFB wheel in person before this day. So I fired up Prologue, it calibrated itself before I picked it up then I sat the wheel on my lap... I went to Suzuka in Standard physics with the 111R tuned. Turn 1- my car went flying off the track, and my wheel went flying off my lap, lol. I wish I had that moment on video to share with you guys, it was classic.

Last edited:
3. There are some holes on the bottom of my wheel,pedals,shifter so you can obviously bolt these on. No bolts were included with my G25, are these included with race cockpits (currently using table).

I have a playseat and it comes with some exactly placed holes to fit the G25 :) You can even choose to place the pedals a little to the left, center or right

As to the bolts, I can't quite remember if they came with the playseat or if I bought them from a hardware store, sorry...

My best advice for any begginer wheel user- 111R Tuned Suzuka East, Follow MAY for a couple laps then turn the ghost off. He will blow by you by turn 1 so you can see his lines. This car doesnt relate to any other car, but what it will do is get you use to oversteer/catching slides and knowing how, what Synwrath said, to get the car turned fast so you can apply the power. Besides all that, it is a Fantastic car/track combo and its one of the best tracks to restart on.

Thats pretty good advice:tup: My normal technique is to do 5-10 laps on my own, because I have a good grasp of the racing lines and can normally get myself up to a high ranking position (top 50, top 30 etc.) Then, if i need to figure out how to go quicker, I load the ghost of one of the fastest guys, and see where they are faster than me. Having someone to chase normally helps me take 0.5-1sec,and helps me get right up amongst them!

A car I would recommend for getting used to catching slides with the G25 would be the BMW 1-Series tii concept; it slides very progressively so its a good place to start.

Last edited:
I used the flappy paddles rather than the manual shifter though. I tried that, and it has given me massive respect for those who can use it well! How does something that is so natural when driving a real car become so impossible all of a sudden?! I definitely need to lean how to heel-and-toe if i want to be good with the manual...

I've been toe & heeling in road cars for 25 years (it's become something I do without thinking about), yet I struggle to repeat the process on the G25. I find the main problem with toe & heeling on the G25 is that the brake pedal doesn't have enough resistance. This makes it overly hard to reach a braking threshold and then roll your foot across the accelerator without consequently changing the amount of brake you're applying.

I know there are people who can do it and I can manage it on occassion, but not with any consistency.

There's a brake pedal mod for the G25 that adds resistance... but it's only really suitable for people with a full scale rig.

Back