Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait big man, wait. Sleep first, school tomorrow, I'll PM you the stuff when you're asleep.
And no plugging. Do that in your own garage :lol:
Who says I sleep?:crazy:
Oh and by the way that wasn't a plug but a warning for you to expect more outlaw insanity when next you fire up your system.:D I would give it a plug in Harvey's but can't tell when or if you would see it since you've not posted there for a while...think maybe your missing AssassinTuner to snark at there.:lol:

Setup sent. Don't come crying at me how dead you are, you guys asked for it. :lol:

Thanks - I like it - she's a little bit frisky, but responds well to fairly late, hard braking - very nice car to slide around corners! t's weird, even though it's an FR, it feels similar to the Robin when accelerating out of the bends - lots of power.

Again, nice work.:)

I warned you, didn't I? We've upped our production of CF coffins just because of this car and it's partner. :nervous:

Um……Leo…did you give me the right tune? Because I'm still alive! It's honestly not that scary to drive. It's a tad bonkers, but it like that stock anyways.

Edit: Leo, do you think the 'Great White' setup would work for a SL600? I was going to review it, but then realised mine was a 600 with 620hp and mine weighs 1.5 tons…what was the great white's predecessor again? It's the Megalodon or something right? Yea, that'w what the SL600 version of it is…:scared:

Last edited:
Um……Leo…did you give me the right tune? Because I'm still alive! It's honestly not that scary to drive. It's a tad bonkers, but it like that stock anyways.

Edit: Leo, do you think the 'Great White' setup would work for a SL600? I was going to review it, but then realised mine was a 600 with 620hp and mine weighs 1.5 tons…what was the great white's predecessor again? It's the Megalodon or something right? Yea, that'w what the SL600 version of it is…:scared:

You're still alive because you didn't get even close to it's limits and what it can actually do.

I'm not sure if it'll wotk on the SL600. Give it a shot and let me know what happens. And yes, Megalodon was the big daddy of Great White.

You're still alive because you didn't get even close to it's limits and what it can actually do.

I'm not sure if it'll wotk on the SL600. Give it a shot and let me know what happens. And yes, Megalodon was the big daddy of Great White.
OI! ARE YOU SAYING I'M CRAP?! :(

And you'd need to give me an idea of how the SL500 drives first. Because at the moment, it's very, very, VERY fast in a straight line, but just a bit like running into Megalodon when it's hungry when you're in the the corners.

OI! ARE YOU SAYING I'M CRAP?! :(

Pretty much.

I talked to Leo about this car... We agreed you'd die horribly given all other evidence, but apparently you're so afraid of the car that you've not pushed it any. At all.

So you not dying in it confuses the hell out of me given you can't drive my C5 Z06.

Pretty much.

I talked to Leo about this car... We agreed you'd die horribly given all other evidence, but apparently you're so afraid of the car that you've not pushed it any. At all.

So you not dying in it confuses the hell out of me given you can't drive my C5 Z06.

Well, your C5 was a nightmare because it was online, and maybe it's because I've had some bad experiences with the LFA in the past…actually, gimme a moment, I may have done the same thing twice.

Edit: Yup. It's quite like when I reviewed Roj's LFA, tried and failed at mastering the FGT even with SRF on, didn't turn it off, and as a result, I wasn't quite dead yet.

Introducing Derpyhooves123.
Fack you. Anyways, I've driven it again, and I'm still not dead. Just have some rather sweaty palms. It's not like your C5, it doesn't go the other way halfway through a corner, it's just very quick to react in slow bends and very lively on the faster stuff.

Edit: The thing still hasn't killed me yet. Sort of. Ok fine, that's a lie. In 10 laps, it only killed me once. Not too bad :D And don't say I was being slow, RJ. The LFA did a 1.11.732, getting very near the 1.10.xxx SS tyres barrier.

Last edited:
And don't say I was being slow, RJ. The LFA did a 1.11.732, getting very near the 1.10.xxx SS tyres barrier.
I don't know what RJ says but our Stig had a shot at it and, it has to be said, actually didn't get within a second of the magical 1'10,999 time. It was a matter of hundredths of a second but he narrowly missed it.

"Some say that he is a result of a failed military experiment, and that his ears can detect mobile phone signals."
All we know is that he posted a time of 1'09,983.

I don't know what RJ says but our Stig had a shot at it and, it has to be said, actually didn't get within a second of the magical 1'10,999 time. It was a matter of hundredths of a second but he narrowly missed it.

"Some say that he is a result of a failed military experiment, and that his ears can detect mobile phone signals."
All we know is that he posted a time of 1'09,983.
Well, you guys all use wheels, and me with my ruddy DS3, that was the best I could do before a run into the kitty litter sent me backwards.

Not to mention that we have a lot of experience from this game series, starting from the first one. But, you did well with that car. I'd say you should start saving for a wheel.

Not to mention that we have a lot of experience from this game series, starting from the first one. But, you did well with that car. I'd say you should start saving for a wheel.
How do I know you're just being generous with your choice of words? :lol: Nah, I'm still a schoolboy, one who's entering his first step into the exams at that. I'm lucky to even be able to review anything at all. Saving for a wheel is a tad out of my reaches.

Edit: Just so you know, the SL600 has around 25hp more than the 500, but has around 100 less torques. And the brakes are crap.

Last edited:
I'm a Finn, and we're honest people.. to the point where it can get us into trouble. :lol:

Hmm..? I did send them to you via PM. Is your PM box full or something?

Right, some good news for Leo. I've picked up a SL500 at the UCD (low mileage as well, good for the OCD in us all), and I'll hopefully be comparing it against Merc's own continent crusher.

Lotus Europa Super Special '71

257 bhp, 264 Nm, 720 kg, PP 503
Painted in Pistachio from Lotus

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: ~200.000Cr plus the actual car and its overhauling

Weight Adjustment Ballast
Ballast Amount (kg): 59
Ballast Position: -50

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.447
2nd: 1.612
3rd: 1.225
4th: 1.000
5th: 0.838
Final Gear: 4.000

Max speed: 320 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 25
Braking Sensitivity: 25

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 6.5 / 5.0
Dampers (Extension): 4 / 4
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 1
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 1.5
Toe Angle: 0.00 / 0.00

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 5 / 5

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

It's been exactly four years since I made an Europa for the first time, now it's time to see if I've learned anything! So here goes for the actual description.

Formula 1 car for the street. That's what the Europa was described to be when it debuted in the late sixties and that's what it still feels like. The unspoken king of sportscar design, Colin Chapman knew that the benefits of low weight could overcome the downsides of low power and he surely was right. The Europa was built as a successor to the immortal Lotus Seven and the fastest factory model around was the Special but now we present you the Super Special, a dedicated track oriented version that has been improved on every necessary area including the slightly problematic weight distribution. Even the chrome bumpers have been swapped for lighter rubber ones in pursuit of extreme handling (not to mention durability in close contact) and it has been worth it. The engine is relatively low powered with only around 250 wild horses, but on the other side of the scale it has to move no more than a hair over 700 kg. The result is arguably the crispest handling Lotus ever, a lightweight fibreglass rocket that just seems to have its own laws of physics.

How does your lotus special fair in the Supercar nostalgia seasonal?
Been thinking of tuning one myself since I've had some success with the E-Type Jag in the seasonal.:crazy::D

To be honest, I don't know. In the hands of a good driver it should be able to do it judging by cornering ability but the straights will prove to be a problem for sure as it has neither the acceleration nor the top speed to challenge the Miuras. In the corners it leaves them for dead though.

To be honest, I don't know. In the hands of a good driver it should be able to do it judging by cornering ability but the straights will prove to be a problem for sure as it has neither the acceleration nor the top speed to challenge the Miuras. In the corners it leaves them for dead though.
It handles that well? Damn…I wish I bought that Europa when I had the chance………fack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back