RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Congratulations Dragonthing (Miss Shapphire) to your Recently Join in RKM Motorsport, I Wish You a Fantastic Campaign ;)

Vtiroj and Rotary Junkie Thanks for the :lol: SUPWIZE! :lol:

Congratulations Dragonthing (Miss Shapphire) to your Recently Join in RKM Motorsport, I Wish You a Fantastic Campaign ;)

Vtiroj and Rotary Junkie Thanks for the :lol: SUPWIZE! :lol:
You're welcome! :lol:
Da fawk? A new tuner? BLASPHEMY!

Nope. It's how RVV was and how RKM was supposed to be, so no it isn't blasphemy. It's Patrick.

You are pretty awesome, I really enjoy reading all your tuning comments, some of them are kind of poetic.

Awesome rides with your babies, high quality. Really appreciate your effort.

Keep up the good work!

P.S.: I use your tunes for online racing and they helped me quite a lot, but are your focused on both offline-online or just offline? Thanks in advance

Depends on the car honestly. The 3 I dropped today were all done offline (new offline physics are HAMAZING) but the RX-7 still works online. Dunno about the R33 and Legacy, they should but may need slight tweaks to the rear suspension, it's rather aggressive due to having to counter for the complete lack of front-end grip.

RKM Motorsport's GT-R N24-850 Fanboi Express

N24GT5.jpg

N24GT5_Big.jpg

Based on: Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motor Sports '11
Obtained: Brand new model at Nissan

Drivetrain: 4WD
Horsepower: 858 BHP (@ 222.8 miles with Rebuild)
Torque:---- 93 kgfm
Weight:---- 1505 kg
PP:-------- 673

PARTS
Tuning Shop

Engine Tuning Stage 3
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable Suspension
Sports Soft or Racing Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 35/60

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 10/10
Accel:-- 60/30
Braking: 10/10

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: 0/0
Spring Rate: 15.0/10.0
Extension:-- 7/7
Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll:-- 2/6
Camber:----- 2.5/2.0
Toe:-------- -0.20/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 6/7

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
STOP THE PRESSES! RKM have a GT-R tune! And it's the ultimate fanboi car too, racing graphics, flashy lights and driven by the god of GT5 too.

So a new GT-R has become part of GT5. Mr. Yamauchi's very own endurance racer infact, now tuned to fanboi pleasing levels on proper racing tyres and everything. With surprisingly good turn-in and grip, and just a hint of oversteer, this N24-spec GT-R is definitely one quick (if rather overweight) racer.

Last edited:
That N24 GTR doesn't have transmission settings and the rear aero is 65 which isn't possible on my settings. :embarrassed:

It doesn't have a fully customisable transmission installed and I believe it should be 60 rear downforce.

VTiRoj
YassirNosir
That N24 GTR doesn't have transmission settings and the rear aero is 65 which isn't possible on my settings. :embarrassed:

It doesn't have a fully customisable transmission installed and I believe it should be 60 rear downforce.

Fixed it! It doesn't really need the FC transmission, I never quite got it to it's max speed during any of those 230-odd miles of driving. And I blame that downforce error on my crappy copy-paste skills on my phone :lol:

F_Filipe
Hi Guys

Dragonthing Can You Share this Tune Here In RKM?

Your Audi TTS-R

I'll get it back out and tweak it for Spec II...I was fiddling a lot from the base tune I was giving out and that was before the update :sly: it probably needs more mucking about

VTiRoj
You're the new girl, it's your duty to do the tunes me and RJ don't want to do. :lol:

This is not an excuse to throw every request my way! :sly: we shall all share with each other, unless it involves cakes or puddings...those are all mine :D

First review, ever, be gentle! :)

Weapon of choice; Fiat 500RS Spec II by Dragonthing.

Pre-Tune Opinion;

What at first starts out as a meager 1.2 soon turns into a monster. Whilst buying the required parts I did not believe it would soon be able to churn out nearly 280bhp! One thing I did notice however, is that the mid range turbo actually provides a greater number of PP, equating to 495 rather than 493 of the high range. Despite this, I chose to stick with the higher as it grants an extra 15 BHP over its counterpart. After deliberating over a paint scheme for a short while, I eventually settled upon a sharp black and orange contrast, the time to test out the menace had come, the chosen venue, Eiger Nordwand.

I figured Eiger Nordwand the ideal scenario in which to test because it provides contrasting levels of elevation, tight twisting hairpins and more importantly some decent eye candy on the way round. My first impression, and this is always the case when ever I drive a Fiat 500, is that I can never quite manage to get used to the singular cylindrical dials. You would think, logically that one dial means less thinking about where to look, but I just couldn't adapt too it at all. I've seen these dials in real life, i've owned and still do own a Punto (I do wish they had put a Punto in) so Fiats are something I'm well acquainted with.

Leading up to my first lap, the first corner beckoned, the Turbo spooled nicely pulling the 853kg whippersnapper neatly up hill. At first I had anticipated a great deal of understeer given the entry speed at which I approached and I was not dissapointed. Jabbing the brakes on approach the car began a graceful slide towards the dirty crevice that occupies the outskirts of many corners like a troll under a bridge. Fortunately the car escaped its filthy grasp, barely, before crossing the line and over the hill towards a true cornering marathon.

Picking up speed well and showing no signs of easing off, I should've learnt my lesson from my earlier encounter from the previous corner, this was not to be. Veering downhill at a rapid pace, the car struggled with any form of turning under braking, getting the car pointed where I needed it in the apex was an interesting contest (I won :sly:). Crawling through the windy sections, you could feel the beastly amount of power wanting to escape from under the bonnet and burst full throttle over the bridge. Carefully managing the throttle, the 500 has another tantalizingly close altercation with the fence before squeezing through and off roaring.

The few laps before tuning presented some interesting stumbling blocks that hoped would be overcome. The understeer was highly unforgiving, a slightly push over the limit was difficult and make it troublesome to correct. Cornering was also a little difficult to balance, some of the tighter bends required a little coasting in places and the slalom after exiting the tunnel couldn't be taken full throttle. Braking, as already mentioned was another issue that on the odd occasion lacked conviction, perhaps through fault of my own. Tentative entrance to the corners was a must.

Post Tune

After taking time to adjust the various suggested measurements I set off. By this stage, the sound of the engine was not helping me endear to the car what so ever but I stuck with it. Into the first corner, the first thing that struck me was that understeer had been, for the most part, toned down a little. Perhaps this was because the car felt more planted or more concise, either way it felt an improvement. Over the hill once more and downhill under braking I was a little brave, in all honesty I was able to get on the brakes, controllably, maybe a fraction later than previously. This, combined with a more stable base, combined well throughout.

I put maybe a total of 30 or so laps in around Eiger, producing a personal best of 1:11:4xx which could probably be taken down by maybe half a second, I just couldn't find any consistency.

In conclusion, I enjoyed testing the car and surprisingly enjoyed typing this up too! 👍 For a car that doesn't cost the earth, I felt it was both a good place to start a review and also something that isn't out of anyone's price range. Whilst I may not have at first been a fan of the car whatsoever, this has yet to change! haha, no, honestly I do rather like it. Over the stock tune, the braking and more stable nature combined magnificently to provide a smooth ride and gentle feel to something that has nearly 300bhp. The sheer power often means that careful feathering of the throttle is necessary in order to maintain a tidy line. It pulls well, even in the uphill sections however the only concern I had was of its high speed cornering. It struggled, especially after the tunnel to gain any real grip, an aspect that I felt had been retained from stock. Nonetheless an excellent tune and one I plan on using on my other Fiat 500's (I have 3 for some reason.)

Lastly, I would recommend this tune, if that means anything given i've never done a review!!! :nervous: Its a fun, easy going car that although sounds ridiculous drives like are rather large go cart!👍

Edit; Trying to get some pics up on here.

Last edited:
LuBu
First review, ever, be gentle! :)

Weapon of choice; Fiat 500RS Spec II by Dragonthing.

Pre-Tune Opinion;

What at first starts out as a meager 1.2 soon turns into a monster. Whilst buying the required parts I did not believe it would soon be able to churn out nearly 280bhp! One thing I did notice however, is that the mid range turbo actually provides a greater number of PP, equating to 495 rather than 493 of the high range. Despite this, I chose to stick with the higher as it grants an extra 15 BHP over its counterpart. After deliberating over a paint scheme for a short while, I eventually settled upon a sharp black and orange contrast, the time to test out the menace had come, the chosen venue, Eiger Nordwand.

I figured Eiger Nordwand the ideal scenario in which to test because it provides contrasting levels of elevation, tight twisting hairpins and more importantly some decent eye candy on the way round. My first impression, and this is always the cast when ever I drive a Fiat 500, is that I can never quite manage to get used to the singular cylindrical dials. You would think, logically that one dial means less thinking about where to look, but I just couldn't adapt too it at all. I've seen these dials in real life, i've owned and still do own a Punto (I do wish they had put a Punto in) so Fiats are something I'm well acquainted with.

Leading up to my first lap, the first corner beckoned, the Turbo spooled nicely pulling the 853kg whippersnapper neatly up hill. At first I had anticipated a great deal of understeer given the entry speed at which I approached and I was not dissapointed. Jabbing the brakes on approach the car began a graceful slide towards the dirty crevice that occupies the outskirts of many corners like a troll under a bridge. Fortunately the car escaped its filthy grasp, barely, before crossing the line and over the hill towards a true cornering marathon.

Picking up speed well and showing no signs of easing off, I should've learnt my lesson from my earlier encounter from the previous corner, this was not to be. Veering downhill at a rapid pace, the car struggled with any form of turning under braking, getting the car pointed where I needed it in the apex was an interesting contest (I won :sly:). Crawling through the windy sections, you could feel the beastly amount of power wanting to escape from under the bonnet and burst full throttle over the bridge. Carefully managing the throttle, the 500 has another tantalizingly close altercation with the fence before squeezing through and off roaring.

The few laps before tuning presented some interesting stumbling blocks that hoped would be overcome. The understeer was highly unforgiving, a slightly push over the limit was difficult make it troublesome to correct. Cornering was also a little difficult to balance, some of the tighter bends required a little coasting in places and the slalom after exiting the tunnel couldn't be taken full throttle. Braking, as already mentioned was another issue that on the odd occasion lacked conviction, perhaps through fault of my own. Tentative entrance to the corners was a must.

Post Tune

After taking time to adjust the various suggested measurements I set off. By this stage, the sound of the engine was not helping me endear to the car what so ever but I stuck with it. Into the first corner, the first thing that struck me was that understeer had been, for the most part, toned down a little. Perhaps this was because the car felt more planted or more concise, either way it felt an improvement. Over the hill once more and downhill under braking I was a little brave, in all honesty I was able to get on the brakes, controllably, maybe a fraction later than previously. This, combined with a more stable base, combined well throughout.

I put maybe a total of 30 or so laps in around Eiger, producing a personal best of 1:11:4xx which could probably be taken down by maybe half a second, I just couldn't find any consistency.

In conclusion, I enjoyed testing the car and surprisingly enjoyed typing this up too! 👍 For a car that doesn't cost the earth, I felt it was both a good place to start a review and also something that isn't out of anyone's price range. Whilst I may not have at first been a fan of the car whatsoever, this has yet to change! haha, no, honestly I do rather like it. Over the stock tune, the braking and more stable nature combined magnificently to provide a smooth ride and gentle feel to something that has nearly 300bhp. The sheer power often means that careful feathering of the throttle is necessary in order to maintain a tidy line. It pulls well, even in the uphill sections however the only concern I had was of its high speed cornering. It struggled, especially after the tunnel to gain any real grip, an aspect that I felt had been retained from stock. Nonetheless an excellent tune and one I plan on using on my other Fiat 500's (I have 3 for some reason.)

Lastly, I would recommend this tune, if that means anything given i've never done a review!!! :nervous: Its a fun, easy going car that although sounds ridiculous drives like are rather large go cart!👍

Edit; Trying to get some pics up on here.

Glad to hear that you like it! It's definitely an improvement over stock at any power level :sly: I'm still trying to make it handle better but it is pretty persistent in ignoring my tweaks :dopey: keep your eyes peeled for future updates and shiny things :D

Glad to hear that you like it! It's definitely an improvement over stock at any power level :sly: I'm still trying to make it handle better but it is pretty persistent in ignoring my tweaks :dopey: keep your eyes peeled for future updates and shiny things :D

Finally got some pictures sorted. :) Its a fun car, wish It could have another gear though. I may take it for a spin round suzuka later. 💡

RKM Motorsport’s Spoon FD2

SpoonFD2.jpg

SpoonFD2_Big.jpg

Based on: Honda Civic Type R ‘08
Obtained: Brand new model at Honda

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 290 BHP (@ 1,019.5 miles)
Torque:---- 26 kgfm
Weight:---- 1255 kg
PP:-------- 450

PARTS
GT Auto

Advan RGII Wheels

Tuning Shop
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
6 Speed Close-Ratio Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 10/0
Accel:-- 45/0
Braking: 5/0

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 8.6/4.6
Extension:-- 7/5
Compression: 6/4
Anti-Roll:-- 3/4
Camber:----- 1.7/1.2
Toe:-------- –0.20/0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
With the recent Spec II update comes a reason to grind your favourite seasonal races once again. My personal favourite is the Civic seasonal, for obvious reasons. For the task of grinding, we prepared this, a 450PP FD2 Civic Type R. Not only can this car win with minimal effort, it’s also fun to drive and very predictable, making your grinding session less painful than it has to be. It’ll also be able to enter other 450PP seasonal races and do just as well.

This is a fully broken in Honda Civic, without oil change. If your Civic isn’t fully broken in or has had its oil changed, you probably won’t hit 450PP. In that case, you’ll just have to balance the power limiter and ballast weight until you can hit 450PP yourself.

30th Dec 2012 - Revised settings for 2.09.

Last edited:
To go with the Spoon FD2, I can confirm that it's two sisters are also Spec 2-ready without any adjustments needed. 👍

Back