Legend of the Streets: Initial D GT5 Touge | Initial D Recreation

• Thread starter TimberW
  • 5,624 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This game is starting to annoy me now lol. All these bugs and glitches being uncovered every week.

I've noticed it too but wasn't sure. Sometimes I have plenty of grip, which other times it's like driving in ice.

This game is starting to annoy me now lol. All these bugs and glitches being uncovered every week.

I've noticed it too but wasn't sure. Sometimes I have plenty of grip, which other times it's like driving in ice.

I have never noticed this. Does this happen when a certain amount of people are in one Lobby?? But this had to come with the Spec 2.0 update because before i did not encounter this even when the lobby was full.

Strange.

I reckon its always been there but now with 2.0 its more frequent. Not sure about how many people in room.
The worst time it happened was when i raced SuperG. I just had zero grip

For some reason my GT5 is freezing after the Spec 2.0. It just freezes and the only thing that helps is to shut the PS3 down. I was in the Time Attack room a minute ago and again, froze on me after 5 or so minutes of racing. Timber was there too, so he can prove my story.

Another thing, when I drive my R34, then the freeze point is always 2nd gear, 8200RPM, and a 2nd gear right-hander.

For some reason my GT5 is freezing after the Spec 2.0. It just freezes and the only thing that helps is to shut the PS3 down. I was in the Time Attack room a minute ago and again, froze on me after 5 or so minutes of racing. Timber was there too, so he can prove my story.

Another thing, when I drive my R34, then the freeze point is always 2nd gear, 8200RPM, and a 2nd gear right-hander.

i've encountered this problem too, i even had it freeze and unfreeze and i was in my other gt-r which was a wtf moment considering it whent from a black 34 500pp sh to a midnight purple 3 34 fully modded on racing soft. guess i have too many of the games many skylines.

Hey Timber, I have questions regarding the time attack regulation. What do you mean by "Downforce: Weak"? Do I have to be within a specific range of downforce?

I think it might have something to do with reducing your aerodynamics to slow down your cornering speed and make you work harder at making up time elsewhere with your driving technique. That's my theory but I could be wrong.

badboy_etc
Hey Timber, I have questions regarding the time attack regulation. What do you mean by "Downforce: Weak"? Do I have to be within a specific range of downforce?

Downforce weak is a room setting. To set the drafting to realistic levels.

Hi guys, next week's side challenge will be called "Running in the 80's".
It will run for 2-3 weeks.

Allowable cars are cars manufactured up to 1989. The GT-R is the only car not eligible from the range of production cars.

Additional restrictions are as follows:
No power limiter allowed.
No downforce allowed.
^ lets imagine its the 80's and these parts aren't widely available yet. Lol.

2 class system applies. 450PP 2WD and 500PP.

MONSTAR-1
I reckon that will be to hard to police unless you state that no wings to be allowed.

That is what I meant, no wings allowed. Or after market GT Wing.

Hi guys, next week's side challenge will be called "Running in the 80's".
It will run for 2-3 weeks.

Allowable cars are cars manufactured up to 1989. The GT-R is the only car not eligible from the range of production cars.

Additional restrictions are as follows:
No power limiter allowed.
No downforce allowed.
^ lets imagine its the 80's and these parts aren't widely available yet. Lol.

2 class system applies. 450PP 2WD and 500PP.

I am sooo gonna be down for this!

though im assuming before 1980 are not allowed? correct me if im wrong, please

Last edited:
Future post WIP:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

SIDE SERIES
RUNNING IN THE 80's
24th October - 13 November

This is LotS' second Side Challenge. Now we will go back to past to the 80's and experience how touge was like in those days! Additional Restrictions applies, so check the updated restrictions for this Side Challenge. Due to the success of Season 2's BETA Class, it will now be a called Class B as it has created many positive feedback for LotS.
Running in the 80's is expected to run for 3 weeks.

CAR SELECTION & TUNING REGULATIONS FOR RUNNING IN THE 80'S

Car Selection
One Player can only have one registered car per-class
The car's PP is fixed for the season
Selected car must be a road legal car
Car must be older than 1990 (1990 car not allowed)
The Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) ‘89 is not allowed

No RM / Race / Rally / Concept Cars
Listed Tuner Cars - See List of eligible tuner cars
You cannot change Cars & PP after you registered IMPORTANT!!
Cars above 1989 which is allowable in this challenge:
190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II '91 - 1989 Debut
CELICA GT-FOUR RC (ST185) '91 - 1989 Debut
CELICA GT-R (ST183, 4WS) '91 - 1989 Debut
Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '90 - 1984 Debut (or 1990)
CR-X SiR '90 - 1988 Debut
DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione '91 - 1979 Debut
Panda Super i.e. '90 - 1980s Debut
RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90 - 1989 Debut
RX-7 GT-X (FC, J) '90 - 1989 Debut
SAVANNA RX-7 INFINI III (FC) '90 - 1989 Debut
SKYLINE GTS25 Type S (R32) '91 - 1989 Debut
SUPRA 2.5GT Twin Turbo R '90 - 1986 Debut
V8S '91 - 1986 Debut

Tuning & Parts Restrictions
CLASS A: 451-500PP MAX
CLASS B: up to 450PP - 2WD only
Sports Hard Tyres or Comfort Tyres Only
Ballast use - 5% of total car weight (Example) !
Power Limiter use - NOT ALLOWED
GT-Wing from Auto Shop NOT ALLOWED
NO ASM
NO Traction Control
Fully Customizable Transmissions are not allowed !
5-Speed/6-Speed Close Ratio Transmission are allowed​

RACE SETTINGS & BATTLE RULES FOR SEASON 2

Race Settings
Track Settings
Tracks: Custom Maps Only​
Event Settings
Laps: 20
Boost: No
Penalty: None
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
Slipstream Strength: Weak NEW!!
Mechanical Damage: Heavy
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: On​
Regulation Settings
Performance Points: 500PP
Tyre Restrictions: Sports Hard
SRF = Off
Driving Line = Off
Active Steering = Off
TSC = Off
ASM = Off

ABS = Optional​

Battle Rules
  1. First, you must be registered as a Rival. Read the car selection and tuning restrictions above.
  2. Then you can register yourself by using the form below to join..
  3. Then, you'll have to open up the Rival's list below where you can add and challenge him/her on PSN.
  4. Tell the Rival that you're from LotS and ask the Rival nicely for a challenge.
  5. When you see your Rival online, you can send a challenge and compete, alternatively, you can arrange and schedule your battle on this thread.
  6. The course on where you would compete will be decided between you and your Rival.
  7. Choose from 4 types of battle style (See Post #3 under Battle Styles for detailed description).
    • Cat & Mouse - 3 Laps (CM3) [Video Tutorial]
    • Cat & Mouse - Sudden Death (CMSD)
    • Grip Gambler (GG)
    • Grip Gambler + Handicap (GGH)
  8. Once the challenge is complete, you can post the results on this thread. See Dark Red text below for Submission details.
  9. You can only race the same rival and enter the result of between you and your Rival once a week. So if you want a rematch, you'll have to wait a week.
  10. Only the rival who lost can ask for a rematch, and course choice and battle conditions will be decided by the rival who lost.

> JOIN RUNNING IN THE 80's <

> RUNNING IN THE 80's RIVAL'S LIST <

> RUNNING IN THE 80's LEADERBOARD <

> RESULTS SUBMISSION <
Post your results using the format below on this thread.

Date: XX/XX/1988
Rival 1: Bunta_Fujiwara (Class B)
(Your PSN ID)
Rival 2: Ken_Kogashiwa (Class B)
(Opponent's PSN ID):
Course: Irohazaka
Batte Style: Grip Gambler (Night)
Winner: Bunta_Fujiwara
Battle Rating: 5 out of 5
Battle Rating describes your opponent's battle rating,
whether he is clean or dirty, polite or rude.
Basically a person who has a good attitude and respect towards other players.

Last edited:
OH YEAHH@!!! just registered my Honda.
Better known as the Manhattan 450

Spec II-ready update of the Manhattan 400 from T-Spec Garage, now known as TheCardboardBox!!

(new tunes coming soon!!)

Would you go so far as to having us use Comfort Soft for our Beta Class 80's cars?
Being as way back in the day, performance tires weren't as cheap or readily available as now-a-days.
IMO it would add to the feel of driving old cars :D and FUN FUN FUN!!

EDIT: Hey, i made a dumbass mistake on my app... I put naturally aspirated though my car is quite obviously a TURBO lol. it even has turbo in the NAME hahaha :dunce::dunce::dunce:

Last edited:
Would you go so far as to having us use Comfort Soft for our Beta Class 80's cars?
Being as way back in the day, performance tires weren't as cheap or readily available as now-a-days.
IMO it would add to the feel of driving old cars :D and FUN FUN FUN!!

Yes, I have considered the tyres proposition. But let's see what the rest would say about the tyre choice first. =)

Since it's not listed in the OP yet, so I can still change things.

ya agreed r32 was just ahead of its time, which i am totally exited about the 80s challenge. These are the cars that started it all, well aged simple and real cars when people use hen to get to point a to be but can still have a lil fun with them too. This is were the ae86's or levin's can be put into use again the r30's, r31's , s13's, fcs's, celica's, fairlady's, lancer turbo, civic hatch, no real super cars so it could be a close one. i might have a lil raffle to give away a well tune 80s car before the event.

Last edited:
lol sorry snake i updated my post lol i just wanted to throw in my love for the classic 80s japanese cars. I am really interested to see what will be in the comp

I got a feeling that there won't be as many Class A cars since most cars from that era when maxed dont even reack 480PP, and no point in ruining such a piece of beauty and history. My spidey-sense snake's intuition tells me there will be a lot of Beta class runners. it'll be a good e weeks :D

oh ya i think we will have a close one as the 80s didnt have 4wd (not in gt5). Mostly 450pp rwd cars except for the later 80s celicas and hondas this is were TUNING comes into play and driver control on these aged cars. it can also be the come back of the toyotas as i never see toyotas on lots touge...such a shame

oh ya i think we will have a close one as the 80s didnt have 4wd (not in gt5). Mostly 450pp rwd cars except for the later 80s celicas and hondas this is were TUNING comes into play and driver control on these aged cars

I'm already hyped for this event.
Working on my little K car!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back