Post your Top Speed !! - Wheelie Trick

• Thread starter JMURDER367
  • 989 comments
MS
The R34 is 4WD though right? Theres a tuning trick for certain 4WD cars which can gain 20+mph if implemented perfectly.
Particularly the Tommykiara ZZ-II, or so I've heard. It too uses ATTESA-ETS, as the GT-R34, but the GT-R has a more advanced version of the system so perhaps this trick might not work with it. I've yet to find a sweet spot with her.
I don't think I have a place among you two DE and MS ;)

You both are seasoned tuners :)
Thanks ;) But you hold as many records as me! At the moment, we both have the grand total of zero.

DE

Particularly the Tommykiara ZZ-II, or so I've heard. It too uses ATTESA-ETS, as the GT-R34, but the GT-R has a more advanced version of the system so perhaps this trick might not work with it. I've yet to find a sweet spot with her.
I've not tried the R34, but the R32 at least can also do the trick. 👍

Thanks ;) But you hold as many records as me! At the moment, we both have the grand total of zero.
Me... currently fifteen! And thats just the confirmed ones. :nervous:

Got the GT One up to 391.65MPH.

Honestly, I thought that 400 would be achievable given that this car has done almost 372 without a wheelie. But I hadn't counted on the need to balance a setup that will allow the car to lift early enough while also having enough front end grip to not push out to the barrier entering the tunnel. I think if I can find maybe 2-3MPH entering the tunnel this might be enough to crack 400MPH given how quickly the speed climbs at the end of the run. Oh well, we'll see.

By the way, the NTSC vs PAL discussion. I do remember seeing somewhere who gets which version but I can't seem to find that info now. If I remember correctly the US is NTSC and Asia/Australia is PAL (correct me if this is wrong) - but which version do you boys in Europe get? (and what the heck do the letters stand for?)

'National Television System(s) Committee' and 'Phase Alternation by Line'.

These actually refer to television standards, depecting how the television works (There is also another standard, SECAM - Séquentiel Couleur à Mémoire). The differences between these standards are what led to the (mostly overcome) problem of european games having large black borders at the top and bottom, and also why some games ask if you want to use 50Hz or 60Hz modes. Europe mainly uses PAL.

These terms are reffered to when denoting which region a game came from (because NTSC is America/Canada, PAL is most other countries). However, the GT-One issue we're talking about above isn't a television format problem, moreso a change in the physics engine or car data, which occurred when updating the game for the different regions.

National Television System(s) Committee' and 'Phase Alternation by Line'.

Thanks.

Ahh...that's so funny. I was twisting my mind in all directions trying to make geographic references fit (PAL = Pacific Australia L?????) :lol:

The problem reaching 400mph is that when wheelie-ing, the acceleration is seemingly unaffected by aerodynamics, but rather by the gearing (ie: the torque curve). For the most part though, it's fixed acceleration, so ideally you want to start wheeie-ing as soon as possible to make the most of the improved acceleration.

And that's the problem... set the car up with enough front downforce to take the corner at the test track, and you'll wheelie too late, but set it up to wheelie earlier and you'll hit the barrier at the exit of the corner, slowing you down enough to deny you reaching 400mph.

That's not to say that it isn't possible at the test track, but it's certainly going to be difficult, so why have people not tried alternative locations in the game, one where you dont have to worry about hitting the barriers on corners. Considering Wheelie-ing is a bug anyway, why not use another bug to get the perfect 'runway' to reach a hgh speed.

Sure, you won't get a 'session record' screen or anything, but well, if the car does 400mph, thats fine by me...

gt4_401mph.jpg

On the contrary, it wasn't easy to hit 400mph. I only briefly flicked up over to 401 before running out of NOS. Of course, some cars should be able to do it by a better margin.

That's interesting, I wonder what happened to that glitch I've seen - going through the wall at Seattle? - where speed is pretty much infinite...

DE

That's interesting, I wonder what happened to that glitch I've seen - going through the wall at Seattle? - where speed is pretty much infinite...
Well in the picture above, I broke through the wall at Cote d'Azur, which ammounts to the same thing. Unlike in GT3, wheelie-ing in GT4 does not give you unlimited speed/acceleration, your still very much limited by the engines output. The main difference is that wheelie-ing is simply more aerodynamic than keeping your wheels down. 👍

Also interesting... It could well have been GT3 that the glitch I'm thinking of came from :dunce: Where do you do it at the Cote, and how?

DE

At the chicane as you come out of the tunnel, crash into the bit where the barriers meet on the right (where the old escape road was), right at the corner.

Once through, you actually need to go fowards a bit, then turn round, veer left a touch and then aim to go underneath the tunnel. Then your on the outside of the track.

T

And that's the problem... set the car up with enough front downforce to take the corner at the test track, and you'll wheelie too late, but set it up to wheelie earlier and you'll hit the barrier at the exit of the corner, slowing you down enough to deny you reaching 400mph.

I agree - that's certainly seems to be the key. But one thing that happens as well is what I think is a dip in the track near the end that causes the car to drop out of the wheelie for a split second and loses at least 5 to 10 MPH from the ultimate speed.

At least I think its a dip but does not seem to affect all cars - maybe its just a glich. At the same spot (as near as I can tell) the R92C-P will sometimes - but not always - act as if it hit the rev limiter.

So far as I know, it was limitless, the car would reach a certain insanely high speed and then the speedometer would jam or reset. The car was probably still accelerating when this happened :P

DE

Told you it was near-as-dammit limitless ;)

Now I'm going to stop posting useless, short comments in this thread. I was supposed to have stopped that a while ago, but someone pulled me back in :lol:)

DE

i'm too lazy to trod through this thread, but for anyone who would like to wheelie, lowering or raising both the front ride height equally isnt as effective as raising the front and dropping the back. an explanation can be found here: http://www.mulsannescorner.com/techarticle1.htm specifically paragraphs 6 and 7. While it explains the CLR flip mentioned way earlier in this thread, the physics are the same, just the flip is limited by GT4's Physics engine.

I know this is an old thread, but I cannot find another max speed thread anywhere else. So here are my pics of 510.01 km/h in the Toyota 88C-V. I know that photos can be edited to show untrue values, but I have not edited this. This was done with NOS, and messing around with ratios, in about 10 minutes of playing around, I'm sure there's more speed available..

Also, to further back it, I've photographed the record list..

This is so far my highest speed.
510.01kph = 316.92mph
Does that mean I'm in the 300mph club?:)

You couldn't find another max speed thread anywhere? How about the largest Gran Turismo thread on these forums, last posted in yesterday? The 300mph Club is totally seperate and unrelated to this thread, I would like to make that very clear indeed.
And I shall do so...

This thread is in no way connected to the Three Hundred Mile Per Hour Club

There we go.
It even fits in one line, oh joy.

DE

You couldn't find another max speed thread anywhere? How about the largest Gran Turismo thread on these forums, last posted in yesterday? The 300mph Club is totally seperate and unrelated to this thread, I would like to make that very clear indeed.
And I shall do so...

This thread is in no way connected to the Three Hundred Mile Per Hour Club

There we go.
It even fits in one line, oh joy.

DE

For your information, I did not, in any way shape or form, imply that this thread was related to the 300mph Club! I was just asking if I was eligible for the club. If not, how may I be?

For your information, I did not, in any way shape or form, imply that this thread was related to the 300mph Club! I was just asking if I was eligible for the club. If not, how may I be?
You posted a speed over 300mph, and asked if you could enter the 300mph club. This kind of implies that you felt that any 300mph+ run would be allowed for entry to the club. The problem though, is that this thread allows the wheelie trick, which the 300mph club does not. Your run may be eligible, depending on whether or not you did a wheelie. :)

Oh, and I guess you should know that for a 300-350 run to be eligible, the picture provided must show the session record in mph (yours shows kph). I know this is a fairly moot point, but when we have record runs coming as close as 0.01mph from each other, we prefer to use GT4's in built speed conversion, rather than an external tool. 350+ runs require video proof, with the end of the run leading back to the session record screen. Seeing as your speed is not close to the record for that car, Dark Elite may choose to allow it.

Hope that clears things up. 👍

I wasn't trying to be hostile to you personally, LewyMan, sorry if I sounded so - looking back, I may have been a little short with you, my apologies. :guilty:

MS's post sums up my reply, +REP

DE

What everbody else has said. Plus I'll add another piece of info:

The record for 88C-V is somewhere near the 355mph mark. You can follow the link I have in my sig or Dark Elite's sig to see the leaderboard.

You posted a speed over 300mph, and asked if you could enter the 300mph club. This kind of implies that you felt that any 300mph+ run would be allowed for entry to the club. The problem though, is that this thread allows the wheelie trick, which the 300mph club does not. Your run may be eligible, depending on whether or not you did a wheelie. :)

Oh, and I guess you should know that for a 300-350 run to be eligible, the picture provided must show the session record in mph (yours shows kph). I know this is a fairly moot point, but when we have record runs coming as close as 0.01mph from each other, we prefer to use GT4's in built speed conversion, rather than an external tool. 350+ runs require video proof, with the end of the run leading back to the session record screen. Seeing as your speed is not close to the record for that car, Dark Elite may choose to allow it.

Hope that clears things up. 👍

Okay, thank you for laying it out for me, I guess I'm still kinda new here. Plus I don't have alot of time to trawl through GTPlanet Forums. Although I wish I did:) 👍

What everbody else has said. Plus I'll add another piece of info:

The record for 88C-V is somewhere near the 355mph mark. You can follow the link I have in my sig or Dark Elite's sig to see the leaderboard.

You're kidding, right!:)
Check my sig.

FormulaGT

Back