Need For Speed Payback June Update Brings More Cars, Features And Ways to Trick Out Your Car

^^^ Yes, sort of. They added random "Bait Crates" that give you a route to escape, but there's no timer and no requirement to follow that route exactly. Not sure if that fits your definition of "freeroam cop chase" or not.

^^^ Yes, sort of. They added random "Bait Crates" that give you a route to escape, but there's no timer and no requirement to follow that route exactly. Not sure if that fits your definition of "freeroam cop chase" or not.
Sounds more like a Sprint cop chase than free roam, to be honest.

its more like freeroam cop chase with the option to end it if you want to. nothing stops you from going anywhere or anything like that.

Exactly. Think of the "escape point" as being an instant cooldown spot. It's far from a perfect system, but much better than having cops show up constantly in free-roam when I'd rather not be bothered.

its more like freeroam cop chase with the option to end it if you want to. nothing stops you from going anywhere or anything like that.

Exactly. Think of the "escape point" as being an instant cooldown spot. It's far from a perfect system, but much better than having cops show up constantly in free-roam when I'd rather not be bothered.
My mistake, I had originally misread @CleanCut post, I didn't notice it said that you didn't have to follow a route.

Damn I thought this game had long since been abandoned. Sadly to little to late for me, the game got really boring.

Yeah. The main reason why I dropped Payback was because the game doesn’t have enough replay value. Once I 100% completed the game, there was nothing left to keep me playing.

For me, there just aren’t enough normal street races. I don’t care about the other event types because they just feel gimmicky, especially drag racing. I also hate that Runner events, the only events that lets you do anything with cops, has such a small selection of cars to use.

The only thing I care about from this update is all cars being able to reach 399 so I’ll check it out briefly to mess with a few cars. But I don’t see myself playing the game again after that, especially with The Crew 2 coming out at the end of June.

Me and my friend are trying to put together a group to create a more structured community with courses and stuff to add a bit more competitiveness and replay value. Sometimes you just need the right people to make the game worth it, even if it is a disappointment.

Yeah. The main reason why I dropped Payback was because the game doesn’t have enough replay value. Once I 100% completed the game, there was nothing left to keep me playing.

For me, there just aren’t enough normal street races. I don’t care about the other event types because they just feel gimmicky, especially drag racing. I also hate that Runner events, the only events that lets you do anything with cops, has such a small selection of cars to use.

The only thing I care about from this update is all cars being able to reach 399 so I’ll check it out briefly to mess with a few cars. But I don’t see myself playing the game again after that, especially with The Crew 2 coming out at the end of June.

I definitely agree that there aren't enough true racing events. It seemed a little odd to me that there are probably 50% more cars available in the Race class over any other class, but there are the same number of race events as there are anything else. In the story missions it feels strange because you have all these off-road events, drag events, runner events, drift events, but the racing part feels over and done with in a flash. I think it's because I have so many cars I want to try out in racing, but not enough missions to do them justice. What should be the prime focus of the game ends up being an equal part among all the other parts.

On the other hand I love the Runner missions. I do agree that they should've given us more cars in that class. The Giulia and the 299 cap limit elimination will help with that shortly though.

I'm just not as fired up about the Crew 2 as everyone else it seems. I'll admit there seems to be a ton to do and see, but from watching videos, I can't see that the graphics are any better - the world just looks bland compared to Payback, and the car physics seem bouncy and floaty. I also haven't seen any evidence so far that cars can be stanced, but maybe I just missed it. The insta-switch from land, air and sea vehicles takes me too far out of reality, and I have a harder time taking the game seriously. But like I said, that's just me.

I definitely agree that there aren't enough true racing events. It seemed a little odd to me that there are probably 50% more cars available in the Race class over any other class, but there are the same number of race events as there are anything else. In the story missions it feels strange because you have all these off-road events, drag events, runner events, drift events, but the racing part feels over and done with in a flash. I think it's because I have so many cars I want to try out in racing, but not enough missions to do them justice. What should be the prime focus of the game ends up being an equal part among all the other parts.

On the other hand I love the Runner missions. I do agree that they should've given us more cars in that class. The Giulia and the 299 cap limit elimination will help with that shortly though.

I'm just not as fired up about the Crew 2 as everyone else it seems. I'll admit there seems to be a ton to do and see, but from watching videos, I can't see that the graphics are any better - the world just looks bland compared to Payback, and the car physics seem bouncy and floaty. I also haven't seen any evidence so far that cars can be stanced, but maybe I just missed it. The insta-switch from land, air and sea vehicles takes me too far out of reality, and I have a harder time taking the game seriously. But like I said, that's just me.

One thing I think, at least as a stop gap, that would justify the extra cars is a story reset that allows for you to replay through the game without losing the cars you've bought. It isn't ideal but it will add replay value. As for the biases It may be Ghost trying to stick to a logic as not all cars are feasible off roaders (AM BD5 being a bit of an exception). Similarly for dragsters and drifters. Saying that the runner class should (sticking with biases) actually be the biggest, if not the equal of the racers as the runner idea is a 'low key' Q car built up to be stronger and pacier yet look lit every other car of it's kind.

It's also probable that EA and Ghost are looking more to multiplayer as is the norm these days and the story is an add-on to the multiplayer.

^^^ Probably all accurate assessments cudwieser. However it's odd that if MP is the focus these days, Payback would do a 180 and pour most of the development into SP. I'm really glad they did, but MP has been woefully lacking since launch. I personally haven't even tried it out yet because I've seen the YouTube videos - looks like nothing but dirty racing and low payouts. Not worth my time or frustration. I suppose the new changes such as the 10-second ghosting rule will help, but really, the MP races are typically bumper cars all the way through, not just at the start.

I really like your idea of a story reset that doesn't wipe your garage clean. That would be (I would think) a simple fix to increase replayability.

^^^ Probably all accurate assessments cudwieser. However it's odd that if MP is the focus these days, Payback would do a 180 and pour most of the development into SP. I'm really glad they did, but MP has been woefully lacking since launch. I personally haven't even tried it out yet because I've seen the YouTube videos - looks like nothing but dirty racing and low payouts. Not worth my time or frustration. I suppose the new changes such as the 10-second ghosting rule will help, but really, the MP races are typically bumper cars all the way through, not just at the start.

I really like your idea of a story reset that doesn't wipe your garage clean. That would be (I would think) a simple fix to increase replayability.

I admit what I've said is a bit contrary, but being somewhat cynical I suspect a lot of what we have got by way of SP has largely been bug fix and redress for mistakes EA made with Battlefront 2 as well as disagreeable design choices from Ghost. Even the title screams background addition (under the hood). Don't get me wrong I'm pleased for what we're getting and will be taking full advantage of the new update.

As for MP, so far the lupdates have been pretty wholesome and have done a lot to address the SP and MP, but like I've said, a lot has so far been done as a redress and catch up imo. I would wait for the next couple of updates and DLC's to see where the focus lies as I suspect, short of more story content and maybe a map extension (being wishful) than most of the added content to come will be MP based (we'll still get paid for car dlc as well).

I honestly don’t see multiplayer being the norm just yet. Let’s take a look at GTSport which was a multiplayer focused game at first: nearly 80% of people haven’t even finished a race in Sport mode, and that’s a game with a humongous following. That’s not to say there isn’t popular multiplayer focused games, but I see those as the exception rather than the rule. Hell, even PD added in a single player element after the fact, and I feel that’s due to the fact of overestimating a multiplayer base.

Off topic. I find the 80% not finishing a GTS sport mode race very odd. I don't play much GT Sport Multiplayer yet I've finish 2 races in sport mode. Saying that I've come across much stranger truthes.

On Topic. I always stand to be wrong and chances are NFS Payback is an exception to the rule (the most nearly complete EA game in a generation with less of a bent to ripping players off is definately rare groove) and prehaps I am calling it wrong, but I am going to stick to what I've said as there is still an inkling in the back of my mind that a lot of action taken so far wasn't the first idea EA had for the game, but due to outside influence the nature of the beast (superficially at least) has changed to reflect customer demand and avoid further embarassment. If nothing else it proves EA can allow for more fan friendly games, at least once in a generation :)

I haven't touched online in payback. I can't really explain why, i just am not interested. I was really hoping for more of a open lobby with constant mini games and stuff like most wanted 2012, i loved that game.

Also off topic... i do a fair amount of sport mode races in gts, i really enjoy it. I have probably 5 friends who haven't even run one race cuse they have been scared away from racing online by the way people have been doing it for so long. Which could verywell be the same reason i have never tried it in payback....

I just installed the update on my Xbox.
Unfortunately, it won't let me resume the game. I can sign in and go through the menus after that, but I just get the loading screen trying to resume back to driving.
Obviously I've tried restarting the game and console, etc.

I haven't touched online in payback. I can't really explain why, i just am not interested. I was really hoping for more of a open lobby with constant mini games and stuff like most wanted 2012, i loved that game.

Also off topic... i do a fair amount of sport mode races in gts, i really enjoy it. I have probably 5 friends who haven't even run one race cuse they have been scared away from racing online by the way people have been doing it for so long. Which could verywell be the same reason i have never tried it in payback....
Same reason I stopped playing it. It needed a lobbys like the old Nfs games with options of picking types of races and mini games etc. Ea wasted there time with free roam. It was a dead game for me after single player sadly. Favorite game series is NFS since High Stakes.

NFS payback is free with ea access. I downloaded it the other day. It's ok for a arcade racer. I like the sounds of the cars more than anything.

I find it upsetting I can't change my wheels, spoiler, etc; without completing a achievement. I'm sure I'll then have to pay a unrealistic price for them.

I might go back to the one that's only at night, if the parts are more accessible

NFS payback is free with ea access. I downloaded it the other day. It's ok for a arcade racer. I like the sounds of the cars more than anything.

I find it upsetting I can't change my wheels, spoiler, etc; without completing a achievement. I'm sure I'll then have to pay a unrealistic price for them.

I might go back to the one that's only at night, if the parts are more accessible
Parts are quite cheap actually once you complete the challenges, which are quite easy except the multiplier one (which I believe unlocks the tires, so nothing really worth bothering).

Parts are quite cheap actually once you complete the challenges, which are quite easy except the multiplier one (which I believe unlocks the tires, so nothing really worth bothering).
I just got the game myself earlier last weekend. Saw that some customization required Burnout Paradise billboard smashing and my car is too slow to get some 3 star activities, instant eye roll. The more creative they get on gating the customization, the worse the game feels.

I have to say it. Few enjoy G
I just got the game myself earlier last weekend. Saw that some customization required Burnout Paradise billboard smashing and my car is too slow to get some 3 star activities, instant eye roll. The more creative they get on gating the customization, the worse the game feels.

Eddies skyline should help. You can unlock about 80% of visual upgrades with his car. The drift and other challenges don't come in until after the highway heist and aren't exactly the most obvious upgrades. The jump and 8 second drift can be done at the airfield as can one of the speed traps. The Billboards are pretty do able with the skyline (There's an easy on in Braxton near the safe house) and a few doable speed traps and averafe speed runs). You can unlock all visual mods within a couple of hours of playing the game.

The only thing I couldn't unlock with my underpowered S2000 was the tires, which required having a very high multiplier in free roam, for that I had to wait for the Cayman GT4. Billboards are doable, you need 3 or 5 (don't remember) and there are a lot that are quite easy. Plus, now there is Eddie's Skyline if you owned NFS 2015, which is a free 329-base car, that will win everything.

The only thing I couldn't unlock with my underpowered S2000 was the tires, which required having a very high multiplier in free roam, for that I had to wait for the Cayman GT4. Billboards are doable, you need 3 or 5 (don't remember) and there are a lot that are quite easy. Plus, now there is Eddie's Skyline if you owned NFS 2015, which is a free 329-base car, that will win everything.
It's 5 Billboards. Also, even if you don't own eddies skyline, the land rover abandoned car is slightly uprated so should make things a bit easier. Do a few early races and buy a few speed cards to get things going. You'll be flying (sometimes literally) in no time.

It's 5 Billboards. Also, even if you don't own eddies skyline, the land rover abandoned car is slightly uprated so should make things a bit easier. Do a few early races and buy a few speed cards to get things going. You'll be flying (sometimes literally) in no time.
Or just play the game for 2-3 hours, and you'll soon be having a decent car that can handle most billboards :)

^^^ I was gonna say, the multiplier one stumps nearly everyone until you discover that you can do it in three minutes right outside the garage at the airport. 👍

Back