The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,598 comments
It is. The other side is covered by fog. :)

Ugh... I feel so dumb now.. Yeah I don't know why I didn't see the fog before... It kind of looked liked it was turning to the left. But yeah its taken from the Marin side looking at SF.

Words cannot describe how awesome this picture is.

32130270382cae14f3e4orh1.jpg

The photo is of Las Vegas.

I'm actually surprised there aren't more pools.
What a terrible place to live. It's just flat, dry, barren. All asphalt. I don't even want to think about the air quality there. Around here I can't even see the houses on the hill because of all the trees.

Also, I was looking at neighborhoods somewhere in Michigan I think it was recently on Google Maps. Every other house, literally, had a pool. What gives?

Is there a larger Darth Vader driving the Atom pic? That looks like desktop material.

Is there a larger Darth Vader driving the Atom pic? That looks like desktop material.

I can probably get you a copy of the original. He is someone I know and will be seeing him at the end of the month at Cars & Coffee. He is quite the character and a very active member of the Atom Club. He did it as a joke response to someone posting a picture of someone driving a white Lotus Exige wearing a storm trooper outfit.

BTW: Someone from the Atom Club did a hilarious photoshop combining both shots with an explosion between them as if they were in the middle of fight. I'll try and dig it up for you if you like. 👍

I can probably get you a copy of the original. He is someone I know and will be seeing him at the end of the month at Cars & Coffee. He is quite the character and a very active member of the Atom Club. He did it as a joke response to someone posting a picture of someone driving a white Lotus Exige wearing a storm trooper outfit.

BTW: Someone from the Atom Club did a hilarious photoshop combining both shots with an explosion between them as if they were in the middle of fight. I'll try and dig it up for you if you like. 👍
The amount of awesome you can provide never ceases to amaze me.

TB

I like! :dopey:

I have a sneaky suspicion my 3 and 4 year old kids will like it, too.

Here it is:

trouble.jpg

As for the original, apparently the friend of his who took the photo is a professional photographer, and doesn't want to give away a copy of the original.

However, I do have a 1920x1200 copy of it if you like, just click on the thumbnail:

Also, here is a funny animated giff he made of 'Spaz' using the force to guide traffic. :D

DSC_0631.gif

He (the owner, not photographer), is quite the character. I believe I have some shots of him wearing other costumes while behind the wheel of his Atom. In fact, I suspect he'll be showing up at Cars & Coffee in the Vader outfit again. :)

Here it is:

trouble.jpg

As for the original, apparently the friend of his who took the photo is a professional photographer, and doesn't want to give away a copy of the original.

However, I do have a 1920x1200 copy of it if you like, just click on the thumbnail:

Also, here is a funny animated giff he made of 'Spaz' using the force to guide traffic. :D

DSC_0631.gif

He (the owner, not photographer), is quite the character. I believe I have some shots of him wearing other costumes while behind the wheel of his Atom. In fact, I suspect he'll be showing up at Cars & Coffee in the Vader outfit again. :)

Yeah, I was going to say the photo is on Flickr. http://flickr.com/photos/linhbergh/3213027038/sizes/o/

The animated gif is just gold though.

My work computer thanks you, as my Sackboy 08 wallpaper was outdated.

EDIT: And let your friend know I like his car and his style.

TB
Looks good on mine, as well.

Sorry Mr. Stinson. You've been replaced.

Thanks, DN!

YW!... although I like your "Awesome" wallpaper... nothing like getting some Barney Bro love! ;)

BTW: I just got off the phone with Spaz and he is still planning on attending Cars & Coffee on the 31st and will most likely be driving his Atom in his Vader outfit (and it'll be the first time he has made a public appearance in the outfit). In fact, he is trying to see if Shawn, the owner of the infamous H-Wing will be able to join him, as having both of them drive in together would be quite a sight to see:

(click on pic if you want the full 1600x1200 image)

So if anyone is in the area and wants to snag a photo op, that would be a good time to do it. If I can get myself up early enough, I may drop by Donut Derelicts earlier that morning. I'm also planning on getting out to the Bob's Big Boy in Burbank the night before for a meet'n'greet with fellow car enthusiasts. There should be some excellent cars there as well for those interested. 👍

After that, then it's off to another meet'n'greet at AutoBooks-AeroBooks, and then Supercar Sunday. 👍

SoCal is a good place to be for car enthusiasts... although Texas is a close second. ;)

And seeing as this is the Amazing and Cool Picture thread, here is one of my favorite shots from an SS meet:

(click for original 6MP size)

Jay Leno often attends with various beasts, including the bigest beast of them all, his Tank Car, as well as his Y2K motorcycle from MTT equipped with a 320hp Rolls Royce Allison 250 series turboshaft engine taken from a Bell helicopter: :eek:

About five minutes after this shot was taken, engine oil started to burnoff in a large cloud of smoke, and a police car that happened to be driving by at the time assumed the driver had been doing burnouts and pulled Leno over to give him a ticket. :D

BTW: Leave it to Jay Leno to have an old fire truck refitted as a personal bike carrier and tow tuck:

To keep the roll going....
1453390632_30c2b7f569_b.jpg

Bam!!! Here is me (or the back of my head at least) at that exact place last month:
img0564hs4.jpg

It's a place called Positano on the Amalfi Coast in Italy, here's one of the better shots we took from the beach (click for larger photo)

PIA08235_modest.jpg

http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/jpegMod/PIA08235_modest.jpg

(Let me know if you don't see it.)

This is an image taken from a spacecraft at Saturn. The glowing circle at the center of the image is Titan, one of Saturn's moons. Light from the sun (which is behind Titan) is filtering through the atmosphere around the surface of the moon forming a ring. Saturn's rings and a smaller moon (Enceladus) can also be seen.

Nice...does the picture do the place justice?

I personally thought Positano was a bit over-rated when i visited from Revello on my honeymoon. Expensive to eat out and full of tacky touristy shops. That whole Amalfi coast area is incredibly beautiful - but it's just a tourist honeypot.

Back