True Force Tuning Resurrected [2015]

McLaren-Mercedes MP4-25 - Monza Edition

NOTE: This tune is in no way, shape, or form intended to be used by those who aren't familiar with Monza. Even for those who are familiar with the track to a great degree, I can't begin to emphasize how important knowing the optimal braking zones are. This tunes focuses on acceleration and top speed, with downforce and the associated grip playing 'second field'. DO NOT take this tune into an actual racing event without having tested it first.

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle - 2 (Alternatively use 3/3 or 1/1)
Rear Wing Angle - 2

Braking

Balance - 50/50
Pressure - Low
Brake Size - Small

Balance

Ballast Distribution - 60/40
Front Anti-Roll Bar - 4
Rear Anti-Roll Bar - 7

Suspension

Front Ride Height - 2
Rear Ride Height - 2
Front Spring Stiffness - 4
Rear Spring Stiffness - 4

Gearbox

Gear 1 - 95 mph
Gear 2 - 116 mph
Gear 3 - 142 mph
Gear 4 - 158 mph
Gear 5 - 187 mph
Gear 6 - 207 mph
Gear 7 - 231 mph

Engine

Throttle Map - Fast (Only if applicable, if not don't worry about it)

Alignment

Camber Front - -0.80
Camber Rear - -2.70
Toe Front - 0.13
Toe Rear - 0.41

True Force Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

Last edited:
Hope I don't get fired for tardiness. Still awaiting my copy to arrive, or actually awaiting my mom ordering it for me. In time, in time.

Hope I don't get fired for tardiness. Still awaiting my copy to arrive, or actually awaiting my mom ordering it for me. In time, in time.

No, your position is secured. I will have to fine you though. :lol:

Also for anyone and all those involved, refer to the first post. I decided to improve the layout by specifying the tunes according to chassis as opposed to my previous Speed, Track, etc, etc. I'll update everything in the coming hours.

I'd just like to point out that I just qualified on pole position, first place in the F110 using the improved Bahrain Edition tune. Legend AI, and no aids except ABS.

I've got pictures but I'm officially frightened or, I know Bahrain better than I know Suzuka. :odd:

I'd just like to point out that I just qualified on pole position, first place in the F110 using the improved Bahrain Edition tune. Legend AI, and no aids except ABS.

I've got pictures but I'm officially frightened or, I know Bahrain better than I know Suzuka. :odd:

Terronium, cheers for your efforts mate with the tunes..... after 4 rounds on Expert/Legend No Aids i'm currently 4th in the championship with 41pts, using your HRT F110 Tune 1..... now what i need to know is can the improved Bahrain Tune be applied to Catalunya? I know the track very well, so track knowledge is not the issue, it's getting wiped through sector 2 that will be the concern.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Terronium, cheers for your efforts mate with the tunes..... after 4 rounds on Expert/Legend No Aids i'm currently 4th in the championship with 41pts, using your HRT F110 Tune 1..... now what i need to know is can the improved Bahrain Tune be applied to Catalunya? I know the track very well, so track knowledge is not the issue, it's getting wiped through sector 2 that will be the concern.

Any thoughts?

Technically, no. Track-specific tunes are only intended for use on the listed track but that doesn't mean it's always the case, nor does it mean you can't experiment. I'd imagine, considering Catalunya has a couple of areas where you dial up the throttle the tune would apply for the most part. I'd have to make a few adjustments to the gear ratios though.

First post update, and things should resume as they originally were. I can finally get to the Istanbul tune that Chef wants me to give an opinion/work on, and I should be able to churn out tunes of my own now.

Oh, and about the qualifying on pole position as well as finishing the race in 1st with a 30 second gap between me and Hamilton....I discovered that was because Tyre Simulation was disabled. That's no reflection on the tune however, just wanted to clear that up.

McLaren-Mercedes MP4-25 - Monza Edition [Wet, Test Version]

NOTE: Feedback required. This tune is meant to be used in wet weather conditions, the gear ratios are the same as those from the dry condition tune so other than that any and all feedback is welcomed.

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle - 5
Rear Wing Angle - 5

Braking

Balance - 52/48
Pressure - Medium
Brake Size - Small

Balance

Ballast Distribution - 20/80
Front Anti-Roll Bar - 4
Rear Anti-Roll Bar - 7

Suspension

Front Ride Height - 3
Rear Ride Height - 3
Front Spring Stiffness - 5

Gearbox

Gear 1 - 95 mph
Gear 2 - 116 mph
Gear 3 - 142 mph
Gear 4 - 158 mph
Gear 5 - 187 mph
Gear 6 - 207 mph
Gear 7 - 231 mph

Alignment

Camber Front - -0.70
Camber Rear - -2.70
Toe Front - 0.13
Toe Rear - 0.32

Last edited:
Re: wet weather setups, after about 3-4 laps, I was having serious problems making tight turns at Shanghi in the wet w/o spinning (abs off, break assist off, auto tranny). So for this most recent attempt I set the rear wing one click higher than the front, break pressure on low, ballast dist to the front (maybe should have put it to the rear), break force 55% forward and the rear camber at minimum. Now I know I broke the cardinal rule of changing more than one variable to fix a problem :lol:, but god bless at least it worked. Well worked for me ;).

So if that feedback helps any.

I gave your Monza Wet Setup a go for 10 laps. I am not really familiar with Monza let alone in the wet :)

Only thing I found was it seemed to have a lot of oversteer on entry for me, but overall very nice setup. For the record I am not use to driving with that much rear ballast. Do to that I was having to break very early for the chicanes and tip toe in. But it rocked through the middle and on exit.

So, whilst I work on the Istanbul tune that Chef has suggested, and the Suzuka Edition RB6, does anyone have any requests?

mmm I have a request. A dry setup for Shanghai would be welcome please. Tricky one for the the right gearing...thanks

hello
any chance you could cast your tuning eye over the williams at silverstone .i am at a bit of a loss atm .
thanks
current best 1.30.1 (dry set up with a bit more toe)

hello
any chance you could cast your tuning eye over the williams at silverstone .i am at a bit of a loss atm .
thanks
current best 1.30.1 (dry set up with a bit more toe)

Consider this done, too.

So, whilst I work on the Istanbul tune that Chef has suggested, and the Suzuka Edition RB6, does anyone have any requests?

That Istanbul setup l sent you is really only good for career mode , just not fast enough . So don't spend too much time on it , makes a good base setup , but thats about it . The setups l'm turning out now are much faster , and more stable .

Red Bull-Renault RB6 - Suzuka Edition

NOTE: A top 100 time tune, what more needs to be said?

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle - 6
Rear Wing Angle - 6

Braking

Balance - 49/51
Pressure - Medium
Brake Size - Standard

Balance

Ballast Distribution - 80/20
Front Anti-Roll Bar - 6
Rear Anti-Roll Bar - 8

Suspension

Front Ride Height - 2
Rear Ride Height - 2
Rear Spring Stiffness - 5

Gearbox

Gear 1 - 95 mph
Gear 2 - 116 mph
Gear 3 - 138 mph
Gear 4 - 158 mph
Gear 5 - 181 mph
Gear 6 - 196 mph
Gear 7 - 220 mph

Alignment

Camber Front - -0.90
Camber Rear - -2.60
Toe Front - 0.13
Toe Rear - 0.38

Last edited:
Williams-Cosworth FW32 - Silverstone Edition [Test Version]

NOTE: Feedback required.

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle - 4
Rear Wing Angle - 4

Braking

Balance - 49/51
Pressure - Medium
Brake Size - Standard

Balance

Ballast Distribution - 60/40
Front Anti-Roll Bar - 5
Rear Anti-Roll Bar - 7

Suspension

Front Ride Height - 3
Rear Ride Height - 3

Gearbox

Gear 1 - 95 mph
Gear 2 - 118 mph
Gear 3 - 134 mph
Gear 4 - 158 mph
Gear 5 - 177 mph
Gear 6 - 198 mph
Gear 7 - 212 mph

Alignment

Camber Front - -0.70
Camber Rear - -2.90
Toe Front - 0.12
Toe Rear - 0.41

Last edited:
Up next Shanghai (I'll be using the F10 for this), and then Istanbul (I'll be using the W01 for this).

hello
i have given this set up a fair crack of the whip and done some 30 odd laps and these are some of my findings.
i ran a red bull ghost on time trial just to try and gauge it, as it was some 1.5 seconds quicker than my standard williams set up previously.

copse corner
this ran neck and neck with the red bull but felt a bit more unstable, but manageable , allot more bumpy than previous .

maggots through to chapel
i lost a fair bit of time through this section ,which was more to do with gearing i think as down force seemed ok . again lowering the car made this corner also very bumpy ,so i was more hesitant to give it full power coming through to chapel .

stowe
this was my biggest time loser as i would lose allot of down force carrying the speeds previously possible. the ghost would all ways break away at this point.
the gearing seemed fine it was down-force for sure

club 10
down to 1st gear here and again lost momentum i may have to adjust my breaking point a bit more to maximise this corner.

arena complex
good through this section, it just took me a few laps to adjust to the lower gearing as it was a 6th gear corner before and now its a 5th.

brooklands
very good in this corner and carried allot more speed

luffield and woodcote
the lower gearing made a fast exit out of this corner very hard to do and alot harder to get on the power .

summary

i will tweak the gearing more and run a few more laps with the aero settings to see if i can shave some time of that way first .

stock dry set up 1.30.1
tft set up 1.31.1

many thanks

Always great to see how my setups work for those with different driving styles, and while I could never cater to everyone (as that is largely impossible because I don't drive like you, and you don't drive the way I do) I always appreciate sensible criticism. Now, the Suzuka RB6 is as the note describes "A top 100 time tune" it currently resides in 84th, or at least it did last time I checked. It's good for, at the very, very least a 1.29:xxx. For my particular style, the tune is nearly perfect for me...for others of course you can adjust whatever needs to be adjusted to fit your own style.

Same thing I've always been saying, I'll never proclaim any of my setups to be the "best' or "perfect" but if it's on a track that I know very well (such as Suzuka) and it laps the track in a considerably quick fashion (i.e. leaderboard material) yeah, I'm going to mention it.

I appreciate all the feedback thus far, and I hope it keeps on coming.

@Terronium-12

I haven't had a chance to test out your setups yet but just had a few general questions about your thought process.

For instance, what is it you try to achieve with each setting adjustment? What does a more forward ballast do you for, in conjunction with what you might be doing with alignment or suspension settings.

I ask because sometimes I'll be at a track and I'll say to myself, "hmm, it's a little loose on exit" or, "I'd like to take those bumps a little better... And the only things I'm really confident in adjusting are the aero and suspension settings. I know the effects of raising and lowering ride height and stiffening or softening. But the cloudy bits are things like alignment and weight balance.

Could you give a general idea of what you do and why you do it?

@Terronium-12

I haven't had a chance to test out your setups yet but just had a few general questions about your thought process.

For instance, what is it you try to achieve with each setting adjustment? What does a more forward ballast do you for, in conjunction with what you might be doing with alignment or suspension settings.

I ask because sometimes I'll be at a track and I'll say to myself, "hmm, it's a little loose on exit" or, "I'd like to take those bumps a little better... And the only things I'm really confident in adjusting are the aero and suspension settings. I know the effects of raising and lowering ride height and stiffening or softening. But the cloudy bits are things like alignment and weight balance.

Could you give a general idea of what you do and why you do it?

Well, I have a particular driving style (as I've said up above) I despise understeer for all that it's worth because it diminishes turn-in response, and belittles traction because of the wandering turning radius. Oversteer, on the other hand is far more manageable. Yes, it's a bit erratic and considerably clumsy but it can be controlled. Understeer can't be controlled without removing pressure from the accelerator, and essentially dry-steering the car into a forthright angle. Now, let's assume I'm taking that *thinks of random chassis* the VJM02 (Force India) around Monza or Suzuka, two tracks I know very, very well. The very first thing I'd do is take the car around for 1 or 2 laps to see how the default setup carries itself about before I start to narrow down any problems I'm having with the car. Once I go back to the garage I'll be begin tuning, and almost right the first thing I adjust is either aerodynamic downforce or ballast distribution.

Why would I adjust ballast?

To offset the natural understeer bias all of the cars seem to have. If you're thinking "Well, why not just increase toe, lower the ride height, etc..." you'd be right, but ballast shifts weight from one end (ideally there's a rear bias, but in-game has it being equally balanced, front and rear) of the vehicle to the other. With the front-heavy, or rear-heavy vehicle you'll obtain one of the following end results: A. With a front biased ballast the front end of the vehicle has more grip when cornering, and better turn-in (when paired with other settings) but risks the possibility of increasing understeer and/or plowing through corners - neither of which I've experienced as of yet. You're also leaving the rear end quite loose, so when entering a corner it's best to have the car straight before stomping the accelerator because if you're not careful the rear end will step out. B. With a rear biased ballast the rear end (as well as the front to some degree) exhibits greater stability when turning into corners. Although you can't really carry as much speed into chicanes or sweepers without running just a tad bit wide. For the most part, depending on the track and it's layout it's usually best to experiment with rear ballast first.

Toe-in and toe-out are two very important parameters when you want to improve turn-in response. To keep this short, greater values improve turn-in, lesser values inhibit turn-in by introducing mild understeer. Avoid extreme values. Camber improves tire adhesion (lateral grip) by tilting the wheel inward or outward, therefore increasing the surface area of the contact patch (better adhesion, more grip), or decreasing the surface area of the contact patch (the exact opposite). One thing worth remembering is camber is dynamic. Meaning it changes with every jounce of the suspension, so, it's best to read up on camber before adjusting it.

Force India-Mercedes VJM07 - Shanghai Edition

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle - 7
Rear Wing Angle - 4

Braking

Balance - 52/48
Pressure - Low
Brake Size - Standard

Balance

Ballast Distribution - 30/70
Front Anti-Roll Bar - 7
Rear Anti-Roll Bar - 9

Suspension

Front Ride Height - 5
Rear Ride Height - 5
Rear Spring Stiffness - 3

Gearbox

Gear 1 - 90 mph
Gear 2 - 110 mph
Gear 3 - 133 mph
Gear 4 - 155 mph
Gear 5 - 172 mph
Gear 6 - 198 mph
Gear 7 - 223 mph

Alignment

Camber Front - -1.10
Camber Rear - -2.80
Toe Front - 0.12
Toe Rear - 0.38

Last edited:
McLaren-Mercedes MP4-25 - Monza Edition [Wet, Version 2]

NOTE: A top 10 time tune, 'nuff said.

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle - 5
Rear Wing Angle - 5

Braking

Balance - 52/48
Pressure - Medium
Brake Size - Small

Balance

Ballast Distribution - 30/70
Front Anti-Roll Bar - 9
Rear Anti-Roll Bar - 2

Suspension

Front Ride Height - 3
Rear Ride Height - 3

Gearbox

Gear 1 - 95 mph
Gear 2 - 116 mph
Gear 3 - 142 mph
Gear 4 - 158 mph
Gear 5 - 187 mph
Gear 6 - 207 mph
Gear 7 - 231 mph

Alignment

Camber Front - -0.70
Camber Rear - -3.00
Toe Front - 0.12
Toe Rear - 0.35

Last edited:
Back