What to do during GT installs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ibonibo
  • 386 comments
  • 31,848 views

What to do during Installing GT5


  • Total voters
    861

Ibonibo

Premium
Messages
5,439
Luxembourg
Luxemburg
So, as GT is arounnd the corner and amar said the install will take up 40-50min., what will you do with the spear time left?

Vote off in the poll,
multiple choices possible
 
Last edited:
I'll watch Gtplanet blow up as 1000's of people flock here to say I GOT GT5!!! OMGZ
 
I'll be getting my copy when I come back from work.
So during the install I'll be having dinner :D
 
Read APEX, and find a spot for my GTR model
 
Hopefully mine will arrive while at work, upon which I will ring wifey and demand that she installs it for me, so it's ready to play when i get home. If not, i'll just install it as I eat dinner as mentioned.
 
Do a bit of housework. Maybe mop the floors, then vacuum, then vacuum my car, then come back and see where it's up to, read the user's manual. By that time it should be done installing. :)
 
Watch some sort of car show like top gear or best motoring, or something on youtube :p since my Ps3 will be sitting next to my epic computer. Probably screaming at my friends that i have GT5 over ventrillo
 
Say my last goodbyes to my girlfriend.
 
Marvel at the copious amount of time you people must have that you can sit around thinking about what you're going to do while you're sitting around waiting.
 
Ni signature edition for me :( so I'll stare at tv monitor for 40-50 minutes.
 
Depends what I eat the night before. If Mexican food, I'll probably take the Browns to the Super Bowl :D

Seriously though, I will most likely look through the Apex book, maybe while I'm taking the Browns to the Super Bowl.
 
go to the store to get food, drinks and snacks in preparation for the long couch driving ill be doing that day.
 
Depends what I eat the night before. If Mexican food, I'll probably take the Browns to the Super Bowl :D

Seriously though, I will most likely look through the Apex book, maybe while I'm taking the Browns to the Super Bowl.

Haha ... too bad it's winter time, otherwise I'd probably drop the kids off at the pool.

For real, I'll read through the APEX book, set the model car in my model car showcase, and stare nervously at the progress on the screen at times to make sure my copy isn't defective.
 
I'll probably do nothing else than reading the user's manual:D
 
Read Apex book.
Amen.
 
I'll be unpacking my signature edition ! And enjoy all the cool stuff, luckily I need a wallet and usb stick haha. And off course reading the nice books!
 
Rig up an electric fence around the TV and couch, cut all wires to the TV except for the HDMI lead from the PS3 and the electric cord, and find a good hiding spot for the TV remote. Maybe mix some strong tranquilizers in all bottles of drinking water except for one I keep safely away from my GF.

That should cover the install time.
 
Read the Apex book. Examine my new 1/43 Kyosho model. Shouldn't be too bad.
 
I'll install during the day as i cant play until the night, although i might try and sneak a go on bspec mode.
 
I will probably watch TV. I might flip through the apex book. That is of course if it gets to my house on the 24th while I am at work. If Thanksgiving screws stuff up and it arrives on the 26th I will wash my truck and check the news to see if anyone got trampled during a black Friday sale.
 
A good of effort with the poll, both plenty of options and mildly humerous.

I opted to stare at the download screen like a mental and call my mates to rub it in their faces. I also realised, the most likely I will sit on GTP, like many other people I am sure, constantly hitting the refresh button on a GT5 related page. :p

I've just noted there are certainly going to be some very busy people in the 50 minutes they wait, as they have opted for every poll option. :sly:
 
This

Stare at the TV while it installs, like a mental

:p:lol:
 
Definitely stare at the screen like a mental. I'll probably read the standard manual for a bit too.
 
A good of effort with the poll, both plenty of options and mildly humerous.

I opted to stare at the download screen like a mental and call my mates to rub it in their faces. I also realised, the most likely I will sit on GTP, like many other people I am sure, constantly hitting the refresh button on a GT5 related page. :p

I've just noted there are certainly going to be some very busy people in the 50 minutes they wait, as they have opted for every poll option. :sly:

Thanks.

Yes especially doing all that stuff during sleeping is a hell of a job:tup:
 
I'll be practicing piano, which is great for me since I sit down and two hours pass by thinking that I was only sitting for 15 minutes.
 
Back