GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,250 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. *Chill*

:)

Cooler than a Polar bears toe nails.

I started a GTP spec miata room at Nurburgring GP/F 👍
And I sent a friend request, Dove_
 
Hey I kinda like it in a way.... 3 of the biggest kids on the playground here getting in a scuffle...first race they occupy front row neighboring grid spots.... maybe they take each other all out in the first turn and then we of the "a little less fast" club get to blow on by.:dopey::dopey:
 
WOW Its fun practicing with you guys!

I'm Hooked!

Anyone want to help me with a bound/rebound and roll bar set up? No worries if no one wants to I understand.

I say that to say this. Will a 43.5xx lap at Autumn rev be anywhere near quick enough?

My main issue is a nagging push here and there. I can fix it by slowing down obviously but then I'm back to my 44.2xx laps.

Also, my HP is still down around 135 and 112Tq. I'm guessing just keep driving the car in GT Mode?

Thanks for any tips, time is running out for me.
 
I noticed that in this track if you cut you have a worse time than if you don't, so that pretty much limits all the cutting.
 
I don't mind sharing some suspension settings :)
5 7, 6 7 and 4 5 roll bar, or there abouts. I think the front being slightly softer than the rear is what matters, and not making it too stiff also helps.

What's most important is feeling the front and feeling the rear and knowing which needs adjusting. Conveying that feeling is like conveying Cosmic religion, it is nearly impossible. :D
 
Here is my submitted lap, I know there is a 42.2XX in there somewhere but I'm not going to have the time to find it. :crazy:

 
Well, standard physics was fun, but after about 10 minutes I started to feel like I wasn't really driving a car. You can pretty much get away with anything. Turned a 41.990 after 8 laps. I bet with some practice, a 40 or even 39 is possible, if one were to study all the ways to exploit it-

[YOUTUBEHD]wlX4JkkIKNc[/YOUTUBEHD]



Do I get to have a 41 next to my name?
badteeth.gif

Here is my submitted lap, I know there is a 42.2XX in there somewhere but I'm not going to have the time to find it. :crazy:



Am I missing something with these videos? You both listed a 41.990 and 42.325 respectively, but no where in the video do I see these times..? I only see "best laps": 42.155 and 42.444 I'm not doubting your driving skills or capable times, I just don't see them anywhere?? Can someone clear this up for me? Regardless, I love the fact that we can post our qualy laps on youtube, its like watching qualifcations on TV. I'll have my replay sent in soon.
 
Am I missing something with these videos? You both listed a 41.990 and 42.325 respectively, but no where in the video do I see these times..? I only see "best laps": 42.155 and 42.444 I'm not doubting your driving skills or capable times, I just don't see them anywhere?? Can someone clear this up for me? Regardless, I love the fact that we can post our qualy laps on youtube, its like watching qualifcations on TV. I'll have my replay sent in soon.

Sure man- it seems that they've messed up the replay system a little bit, in that you can't see the actual lap time anywhere. It shows the previous fastest lap as you are driving in the replay, and then for some strange reason they cut the replay short when you cross the line on your actual fastest lap.

I think for this reason, the next time I post a replay I will begin recording when I load the replay, to show the time noted on the replay save file.
 
I can't watch the video, but best lap can mean anything from an upload to a previous lap to an upload of a different car. We have to be able to see the miata doing the lap which is just a replay of your ghost.
 
Member: LVSX4MZ3
PSN: dethc0re6
Region: West USA
Equipment: Controller
Body: Championship White
Wheel: Black
 
I'm right there with you Spy in the .4xx bracket, so if you go down we both go down. :p
 
Yeah, I'm kinda getting disheartened by all the skill around here.

I consider myself a pretty fast guy, and I know there are people who are faster... but geez! there's just so MANY people that are faster! :p

I've only turned a 42.6 as my best. I think I'm having a hell of a time trying to understand suspension tuning.
 
Yeah, I'm with you Graham, I can't figure this little turd out...and I have a Spec Miata in real life! For the life of me I cannot figure out how you guys are entering and maintaining the speed through the corners. My little $hit box pushes like a snow plow and I can't seem to tune the understeer out.

When I watch the video's everyone posted it looks like they are able to attack the corner and power through it, that's just not happening in my car. My initial turn in feels like a county bus, the center and exit of the corners are fine, but I'm struggling with entry.

Is anyone using the newer '91 Miata or is everyone in the '89? I can't imagine that there is a difference between the two but I'm so far off pace that something keeps telling me that I'm missing the boat somewhere.

Currently I'm at a 43.3xx in a '91.

End Rant. Tomorrow I'll work at it some more and hopefully find that extra time. :grumpy:
 
Do we have to use the suspension setup shown? My best was 43.4.. and i feel like I am killin this thing.
 
I'm a dummy and did miss the boat...I think.

I don't think I did weight reduction stage 2, just the window modification since my car is a '91. Doh!

We'll see if this helps when I fire the PS3 up tomorrow night. :dunce:

👍
 
Count me in. I'm 50/50 making the race but ill try :)

GTP_Masicampo red/white

Btw, quali time should be confidential until after the deadline, dont you think?
Therefore, its fair game for the other drivers who submitted early.
 
great race series here guys. I would love to join but my internet line will only be up n running in a week - murphys law:grumpy:

ps. am i correct in saying u guys are running with 'skid recovery' on. if so, thats abit dissapointing
 
Yeah, I'm with you Graham, I can't figure this little turd out...and I have a Spec Miata in real life! For the life of me I cannot figure out how you guys are entering and maintaining the speed through the corners. My little $hit box pushes like a snow plow and I can't seem to tune the understeer out.

When I watch the video's everyone posted it looks like they are able to attack the corner and power through it, that's just not happening in my car. My initial turn in feels like a county bus, the center and exit of the corners are fine, but I'm struggling with entry.

Is anyone using the newer '91 Miata or is everyone in the '89? I can't imagine that there is a difference between the two but I'm so far off pace that something keeps telling me that I'm missing the boat somewhere.

Currently I'm at a 43.3xx in a '91.

End Rant. Tomorrow I'll work at it some more and hopefully find that extra time. :grumpy:

Silver, yeah I think Dapper mentioned he dropped a full second going to the '89, so it might be worth trying. 👍

If it helps, set the car up for early to mid-corner understeer. My car is, indeed pushing mid-corner, but I have pretty good initial bite, and can hammer through most corners.
 
I'm right there with you Spy in the .4xx bracket, so if you go down we both go down. :p


Am I going to be green, then? :sly:

Oh, and the car has orange wheels now. Didn't see that combo.
 
I'm in assuming I qualify.

Member: omahasubaru
PSN: verlumpt
Region: West USA
Equipment: G25
Body: Gunmetal
Wheel: White
 
I'll update everything in about an hour.
 
Thanks for the tip Spyhunter, I will see if I already put the '91 on a diet (shame on me if I didn't) and if I did I'll invest in another '89 model. Something is fishy...I've raced with Dapper and El Z for a while now and to find myself a second off pace is a bit weird, especially at this little track.

Cheers!
 
I need to update my colors. Matte Blue/Brilliant orange. I like GULF :)

And oh yeah, I just thought of this today: we need to what I'd call an "orientation race".

This would pretty much be an official practice race once we get our driver tables set up. The 16 drivers in the division will do a randomly gridded practice race to get used to each other's habits and racing styles. We could run them a few times in different starting orders so we can match as many people against each other as possible. This will allow us to quash any bad habits and misconceptions and give us all a chance to learn where we can pass and such and how everyone reacts to each other. This would be good as a lead up to official races. Just a thought.
 
Last edited:
@ Silvermiata: get rid of the '91 asap. :) you will be right there with us then, for sure!

And I am sorry about the replay, PD really made a mistake there. I was going to start the video from the selection screen that has all the saved replays but the loading time seemed dumb to video. If anyone wants me to, I can take a pic of that screen, or just re-do the video. But I promise it was a .328, I jumped for joy beating El Z by .01 ;)

Anyways, it's snowy here and I prob won't leave the house, and phone calls are out Of the question, so I'll be racing some. C you'ins on the track!
 
We need an easier way to submit times. I can't really participate as much as i'd like because of that.

On a side note, do we have to do the time to participate?
 
On a side note, do we have to do the time to participate?

This is just to get everyone sorted. There will only be two rooms available, so 32 drivers MAX. As you can see we have much more than that, so this is my way or narrowing down the field. So yes, this initial qualifying time is required.

Edit: First post has been updated. 👍

Here is my qualifying replay for everyone's confirmation. Although, it's showing a 42.611 and I know I ran a 42.4xx. Gonna have to check on that...

 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back