GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,250 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have my time in by tonight. I've had a pretty busy week.

I can say that of the few laps I did around Ring Mini, I did get a 44.444. The only reason I remember it is because it's all fours. Once I dial the car in and find a good line, I can drop that time for sure.
 
I'll make all changes on Monday for everyone. Remember today is the qualifying deadline. I will accept times up to 12:00 am PST. Still trying to get replay files to work, so if you have the means to put it on YouTube please do.
 
Ive submitted my replay data mate. Could only get 33.6, looking at other folks times is a bit rubbish :dopey:

If I dont make it into the top 32 it would still be good to get some races going
That's the 2nd time you've posted about running a 33 second lap. Are you sure you're doing the right track? Or maybe you just made the exact same typing mistake... twice.

R1600 if my time qualifies me to get into the series and we have too many white Miata's let me know. I don't mind switching up the look of my car to something other than white.

When will qualifying results get posted? If I didn't make the cut I still plan on hitting some of the practice races that are posted up here. See you guys on the track soon!
Didn't you already say you were running Silver/Red?
 
If I hop on and try to better my time will it be accepted, or is the original time submitted the only qualifying that is official?

Thanks again!
 
I must say I am thoroughly impressed by the quality lap times by all you guys. :gtpflag:

@silvermiata: AWESOME avatar! And if there are 16 guys within .2 of each other and you didn't make it in the upper division that would be a shame, but astounding! I think you're safe though. 👍
 
Graham Turismo, the silver and red car was my P.O.S. '91 which I quickly retired from this series. I noticed my color update was never added in the original post. I guess it really depends on how many white cars qualify, then I'll spray the car if need be.

As it sits now my qualifying car is still white with forest green BBS RS's. :)
 
Yeah, that 91 was a slug.

On another note, after watching these videos... you guys are holding higher speed through corners than I am AND with the tires throwing less of a fit. Is there anybody willing to help me out with suspension tuning who could PM me some setting that will get me less understeer than what I'm working with?
 
I must say I am thoroughly impressed by the quality lap times by all you guys. :gtpflag:

@silvermiata: AWESOME avatar! And if there are 16 guys within .2 of each other and you didn't make it in the upper division that would be a shame, but astounding! I think you're safe though. 👍

We'll see, all that work in the '91 really burnt me out at Autumn Ring so I'm not to motivated to keep hitting the track to find a tenth or two. If I get into either group I'll be pleased and I am sure the racing is going to be fantastic.

Regarding the 787B....what a car. I'm lucky enough to have grown up watching the old Jim Downing GTP Light cars race Daytona and Sebring. One of these days I hope to see a 787B lapping a track in real life.
 
Lap time from 12/8. Lost interest in qualifying since I'm not really concerned about a div 1 or 2 position, if I make that. 👍

42.978

 
Last edited:
Tear em up Dove, yall boys dont understand hes two time national champion rc cars, and eats em up on iracing. GEEETT EMMMM!!!
 
That's the 2nd time you've posted about running a 33 second lap. Are you sure you're doing the right track? Or maybe you just made the exact same typing mistake... twice.

Didn't you already say you were running Silver/Red?

Yes I mean 43. Think I had a few beers at the time

Edited my post.
 
Ok I just sent in my Replay i hope to race you guys soon. Just a reminder I wont have internet until Dec 27. So Turbo your not the only one waiting on a connection.
 
Here's my qualifier lap at 43.362 or something like that. I had a clean 43.2xx but apparently neglected to save the hot lap replay.



Good racing last night with SAMHAIN and _Scepter_. I definitely need setup help and practice because those guys were leaving me to the tune of 0.75" per lap. I just can't seem to get rid of the midcorner understeer without making it way too tailhappy under braking. It was fun, though.

R1600, gmail is giving me fite right now so I cannot email you the replay and screenshot, but here is an image to get in before the deadline. Thanks.

 
Here's how it seems to be looking so far...

42.189 -- Dovesniper711 (Dove_)
42.325 -- Dr Wankel (ScepTer_)
42.328 -- Dapper (EERS4YEARS)
42.338 -- EL_ZISSOU (EL_ZISSOU)
42.404 -- Egghead43 (GTP_Egghead)
42.437 -- SAMHAIN85 (SAMHAIN85)
42.462 -- Spyhunter (GTP_Spyhunter)
42.553 -- silvermiata (SpecMiata-JSW)
42.611 -- R1600Turbo (R1600Turbo)
42.707 -- AlGreene71 (AlGreen71)
42.905 -- Nethereal (Nethereal)
42.971 -- vanos2990 (GTP_vanos2990)
42.978 -- filphil89 (GTP_Chronic)
43.197 -- LVSX4MZ3 (dethc0re6)
43.362 -- Duke (GTP_Duke)
43.619 -- Zychon (Zychon)
 
There is some close groups there, should be fun racing.
 
Kind of funny, or curious actually, the relatively huge gap between p1 and p2...
 
Yeah...

Alright guys, internet scheduled for activation on the 23rd. :D
 
here is mine and a quick question.... If I'm understanding this correctly, this mini ring thing was to cull the field down to 32. From there are we going to be able to qualify the night of the actual races on the actual tracks to set the grids? would be pretty easy to do as a moderator can actually watch and see lap times in spectator view during say a 10 lap race night qualifier. Just a thought.

:42.602

/Users/robbiekollar/Desktop/photo.JPG

 

Attachments

do we need vid and pic of time or just one?
 
43.306




I can't do any better than this, I'm sick of seeing my ghost car inches in front of me. I changed settings around so many times. Nothing is helping anymore. Somehow it just won't get rid of its understeer.
 
I really have no idea how people can do low 42s with the mods posted on the first page. I can't even get to a 42 let alone a low 42. Well, I did what I could.
I apologize for the leawo.com banner, it's the video converter and it's unregistered, also for the background sound, it's my little cousin messing around with the piano.
anyway, here is the video:
 
I can't do any better than this, I'm sick of seeing my ghost car inches in front of me. I changed settings around so many times. Nothing is helping anymore. Somehow it just won't get rid of its understeer.

I think when you say it is understeering is when I hack the throttle, or even tap the brakes. That may, or may not help :lol: but that usually gets it to turn.
 
Tear em up Dove, yall boys dont understand hes two time national champion rc cars, and eats em up on iracing. GEEETT EMMMM!!!

a friend of mine is top10 in NA in 1/8th scale dirt (cross)
sponsored by schumacher
 
I have sent u my replay via the email r1600 turbo, have u recieved it?:)

I'm sure I have. I'll go through everything on Monday. Things will start going quicker on Thursday when I have my internet up. 👍

Also, I have decided which tracks to run for the 5-week championship. :)
 
So our first race wont be on Autumn Ring? We just used this track as a qualifier to get into the racing series?
 
My time I would like to submit is 43.932.

However I can't get youtube to cooperate tonight, so can I upload the video tomorrow morning?

I'm posting this from my PS3.

EDIT: Sent lap replay data; YouTube's servers seem to be having issues (?).
 
Last edited:
Anyone have a room open? I can't find one.

Im opening one now, 10:35 eastern.

GTP_SPEC_MIATA_practi

Laguna Seca but where ever is fine

1472-6118-3701-4256-9205
 
I actually just created a room Al, but I'm joining yours as we speak.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back