GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,250 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have a new video of mine showing the time in the first replay screen that I'll upload when I get home from work. The replay system is a little silly though, makes no sense that it cuts off the start and the end of the lap and doesn't show a cut screen with the lap time.
 
This I'll do the same tonight. I wanted to cut off the loading screen, but if the only way to get the correct time is to show the replay theater screen, then so be it.
 
I just used the saved replay, vs. the saved ghost replay. Had to wait for the correct lap, but got the full lap that way.
 
Yo SilverMiata! AKA: John freaking Wilding! How are you man? Been a while since I've seen you! It's Robbie Kollar. I was just looking at some old pics of us at that ARRC Enduro a few years back that year when I T-boned Buras and then drove the rest of the race with a mangled hood and you on my bumper praying I didn't explode. LOL

Yeah these online cars don't drive like our real ones of course but are pretty fun once you get the hang of it. I even called my guys at OPM to get the alignment and set up specs off my real car to put on this one.

Ditch the 91 asap as has been suggested. Build up an '89 and start putting break in miles in practice mode on it asap. I will wake up to about 138hp and you will be in good shape. If you are in the low 43s right now with the 91 you will easily hit the 42s in an '89. I built both cars I'm going to give this one more real shot later this afternoon and evening but am currently sitting on a 42.609. Getting sick of this track but there is just something that seems to posses me when trying to squeeze out that final few tenths. Screw it, If I can't make the top 32 with a time in the 42s then I'm in over my head anyway. :-)

I'll shoot you friend request when I get on later and maybe we an do some laps together.
 
I might have bad news guys. According to Qwest online, the soonest they can hook up my internet is the 28th. :(

I'm going to call them and find out if I can sneak it in a little sooner...
 
It may take me that long to run lower than a 43.0xx lap.

STOP PUSHING!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Yo SilverMiata! AKA: John freaking Wilding! How are you man? Been a while since I've seen you! It's Robbie Kollar. I was just looking at some old pics of us at that ARRC Enduro a few years back that year when I T-boned Buras and then drove the rest of the race with a mangled hood and you on my bumper praying I didn't explode. LOL

Yeah these online cars don't drive like our real ones of course but are pretty fun once you get the hang of it. I even called my guys at OPM to get the alignment and set up specs off my real car to put on this one.

Ditch the 91 asap as has been suggested. Build up an '89 and start putting break in miles in practice mode on it asap. I will wake up to about 138hp and you will be in good shape. If you are in the low 43s right now with the 91 you will easily hit the 42s in an '89. I built both cars I'm going to give this one more real shot later this afternoon and evening but am currently sitting on a 42.609. Getting sick of this track but there is just something that seems to posses me when trying to squeeze out that final few tenths. Screw it, If I can't make the top 32 with a time in the 42s then I'm in over my head anyway. :-)

I'll shoot you friend request when I get on later and maybe we an do some laps together.

Wow, great hearing from you Robbie, small world isn't it!! I'll look for your friend request or shoot you one and we'll hit the track. I think I'll be in the game once I buy another '89, I'm looking forward to giving it a try once my son goes to bed. I was driving myself nuts last night trying to find time in my heavy '91...all my very clean laps just weren't working out to being fast.

Cheers!
 
I copied the data to a usb drive and loaded it onto my computer. The replay shows up as 5 files on a usb drive. Which file do we upload. The "replay" one or all 5? Im confused by this...
 
I copied the data to a usb drive and loaded it onto my computer. The replay shows up as 5 files on a usb drive. Which file do we upload. The "replay" one or all 5? Im confused by this...

All five. Put them into a folder, then send me that one folder.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get this to work. They're on my PS3, and in the right folder, but the game won't recognize them when I click "Import".
 
what if we take a video of the replay with a camera and upload it to youtube or something so you can see it that way?
 
what if we take a video of the replay with a camera and upload it to youtube or something so you can see it that way?

Absolutely. That works better for everyone involved really. We may just have to resort to that if I can't get the replay import to work in the game.
 
r1600 - The problem may be that some files have the same folder name and is conflicting with each other.

Forward me a few videos and I'll see if I can view them.
 
It's weird, because on the XMB it's in the right folder. I exported a replay file the other day to test a couple things out, and the ones I have so far are in this same folder. They show up as the correct file, with all information. But when I go into the game to replay theater and click import, the only one there is the one I exported.
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59hxXYIzfHg


I really hope the rumble strip I ran over with the right side tires in T-9 is considered part of the track, if not please let me know and I will give it another go. My HP is finally up and the set up feels a lot better.
 
Last edited:
hey what time tomorrow is the cutoff? Also, I just realized I saved my good lap as the ghost. that gonna be a problem? thanks
 
Hello R1600Turbo

I have been referred to this forum by Nethereal and I would like to join this competition.

GTP name: HugoReyes-8
PSN Name: HugoReyes-8
Region: Ontario, Canada
Equipment: DFGT & mic
Car: '89 Miata, Mariner Blue, Grey Wheels
 
Anybody on and want to race? I'm getting bored with the qualifier.

By the way, guys with '91s - do the lexan window replacement, which is legal. That makes both cars exactly the same weight.
 
Anybody on and want to race? I'm getting bored with the qualifier.

By the way, guys with '91s - do the lexan window replacement, which is legal. That makes both cars exactly the same weight.

can't remember if i added you yet Duke, but I'm hopping on GT5 in a minute. Haven't had a chance to run with anyone yet, I'm down to run a few laps.
 
I just submitted my qualifying lap of 42.404 to R1600Turbo.

Hopefully that's good enough to get me in, I previously thought my 42.6xx would be enough, but after seeing some of the early times I wasn't so sure.

Managed to play around with setup and lines a bit today to squeak a couple of tenths out, but that's it for me.

Good luck everyone, see you on the track 👍
 
I haven't submitted my name yet so here goes along with my car pic. Replay sent via email

vanos2990
psn GTP_vanos2990
NTSC eastern time
Brocade Yellow Pearl/Blue
G27

1217002247a.jpg

42.971
1217002251.jpg


all my specs should be inorder, engine not broken in?
1217002247.jpg
 
Last edited:
Currently on at 1472-6118-4130-9224-9428.
 
Ive submitted my replay data mate. Could only get 43.6, looking at other folks times is a bit rubbish :dopey:

If I dont make it into the top 32 it would still be good to get some races going
 
Last edited:
I'm currently working on the road. when it comes to hotels, there are places with free high speed internet, and then there are places with high-speed-free internet. I'm in the latter, so it looks like im going to have to withdraw .👎 I gave it a shot with my ps3 and my mobile broadband, but you can guess how that worked out. :)

My best time was only 43.619 anyhow. When I get back in town, I'll see you guys in the practice rooms. Good luck! 👍
 
SAMHAIN85 42.437

I tried my best to beat this lap today, I just couldn't piece together an entire clean lap, even though I'm faster in certain sections. Also got to race with some others on here for my first time, thanks GTP_Duke & ScepTer_. I'll be on tomorrow early afternoon, maybe we can round up a bunch of people for some heats.
 
Last edited:
Fastest solo lap times does not necessarily mean you'll be fastest in race, im sure we all knew that tho. I've gotten lower but It was too close to call "clean" so I entered a super clean, first lap replay.

I wish I had the look left and right on steering wheel of the DFP. I could do some serious rub racing that way. I have to fumble the shifter and drive with one hand to get to the look buttons w/ G27
 
Last edited:
42.905
Havent seen many of the other times posted, and did this on my 3rd practice lap, so we'll see if its enough :P
Uploading vid to youtube atm.

Vid uploaded:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44QAourt36c

sorry for the lack of contrast / overblown whites, forgot that i formatted and dont have any of my vid processing utilities. (my camera is setup with a special colour profile)
 
Last edited:
R1600 if my time qualifies me to get into the series and we have too many white Miata's let me know. I don't mind switching up the look of my car to something other than white.

When will qualifying results get posted? If I didn't make the cut I still plan on hitting some of the practice races that are posted up here. See you guys on the track soon!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back