Justin's Gallery-Comments Welcome: July 29: Farewell Tour #2

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 122 comments

Northstar

The Original Party Worm
Premium
United States
Anoka, MN
Welcome to my gallery of GT5 Photos, they are all un-edited as I'm not very good with photo editing.

newgallerybanner.jpg

Main Gallery
A collection of photos with no general theme. Certain cars will contain a short write up, they will be marked with a '*' next to the car's name.

-Acura-
NSX '91

-AEM-
S2000*

-BMW-
M3 '04

-Chevrolet-
Corvette Convertible (C3) '69
Corvette Z06 (C5) '04
Camaro '10 NASCAR Edition

-Citroen-
GT by Citroen Race Car*

-Dodge-
Challenger SRT8 '08 NASCAR Edition

-Ferrari-
458 Italia '09
F10 '10

-Fiat-
500 '08

-Ford-
Focus ST '06

-Isuzu-
4200R Concept '89

-Lexus-
IS F Racing Concept '08

-Lotus-
Espirit V8 '02

-Maserati-
Gran Turismo S '08

-McLaren-
F1 Stealth '94
F1 '94
F1 GTR '97

-Mitsubishi-
Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05
Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM '05

-Mercedes-Benz-
C 63 AMG '08

-Nissan-
Fairlady Z '07

-Subaru-
Impreza WRX STi RM '05
Impreza WRX STi '10

-TVR-
V8S '91

Tribute Gallery
A collection of photos paying tribute to cars, people, races or a period of racing history. Each update will also have a short explanation of it's relevance.

Group B Rally
Group B was a rally racing class that ran from 1982 through 1986. Although it only lasted a few years it became famous for the specially designed race cars that pushed the limits of modern technology resulting in very high speeds as well as the homologation models that were required to enter a car in the class.
Part 1: Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car '85
Part 2: Nissan 240RS '85
Part 3: Renault 5 Maxi Turbo '85
Part 4: Mitsubishi Starion
Part 5: Ford RS200 '85

The Intimidator: Dale Earnhardt
Up until his unfortunate death in the 2001 Daytona 500 Dale Earnhardt was one of NASCAR's most popular drivers, he won 76 races and 7 championships in his 26 year career.
Part 1

Race Gallery
Pictures from various races, sorted by track.

-Cape Ring-
Kubelwagen '44

Want More? See the rest of my GT5 pics here.​

Last edited:
Volkswagen Kubelwagen typ82 '44

Very fun race, speeds exceeded 50mph.:lol:

Last edited:
Isuzu 4200R '89​

This will probably be the last update in this thread as it seems nobody likes my pics.

Last edited:
Don't say that, I've noticed that people seem to be more reluctant to return feedback than in GT4 days.

I really like the NASCAR-esque Camarao (can you get the wheels in wheel shop?) and the Cobra with fireworks too.

Keep them coming...more regular you post, more people are going to see them :) Don't give up yet.

I've been trying to imitate your X1 shot every time I try taking shots of one of my own, but I just can't do it - guess that's nature's way of saying "Stick to your own style, foo'." :lol:

Nice shots all around. :D

I've been trying to imitate your X1 shot every time I try taking shots of one of my own, but I just can't do it - guess that's nature's way of saying "Stick to your own style, foo'." :lol:

Nice shots all around. :D

I spent about 20 minutes just getting the lights to line up right.

Thanks.👍

That RedBull shot is really amazing! That C63 looks that business, too. Keep up the awesome work!

I'm a sucker for blue. :P 👍

It's a real pleasure to see a "normal" gallery in these parts. Although, the only criticism I have of your shots are sharpness: when the photos are compressed (largely in part to it's format) the edges become a bit rough and jagged, almost looking like you've blurred them out yourself. if you can, that's the only thing I'd recommend - and if you have Photoshop in any capacity, use Smart Sharpen. :)

I'm a sucker for blue. :P 👍

It's a real pleasure to see a "normal" gallery in these parts. Although, the only criticism I have of your shots are sharpness: when the photos are compressed (largely in part to it's format) the edges become a bit rough and jagged, almost looking like you've blurred them out yourself. if you can, that's the only thing I'd recommend - and if you have Photoshop in any capacity, use Smart Sharpen. :)

Thanks, I have Paint.net, but I even fail at using that.:lol:

AEM S2000​
Based on the Honda S2000, the AEM S2000 has been tuned for drifting, it's powered by a 2.4L turbocharged engine which produces 424HP. It made it's first appearance at the 2005 SEMA show where it participated in a demo to promote Formula Drift, a newly found US drift series. It would go on to win the 2005 Gran Turismo Award which is handed out every year at the SEMA show. It was also used in the 2009 Formula Drift season driven by Stephan Papadakis.

Last edited:
SVX
Nice set! My favourite is number 4. Keep it up!

Thanks, although what one do you count as #4 though as there are 3 that could be counted as #4.:lol:

Will try to get another update up tonight after work, will probably be a race car.

Thanks for the comments.👍

GT by Citroen Race Car​
The GT by Citroen debuted in 2008 at the Paris Motor Show, it's a collaboration between Polphony Digital and Citroen to help promote GT5, the concept version was also available in GT5: Prologue. It initially was electrically powered but switched to a traditional engine when the road version was made. With the release of GT5 the evolution continued as PD gave the road version a full race car make over. It features heavy visual modifications as well as performance upgrades.

Last edited:
Second shot is full of awesome. Keep at it!

Thanks, originally it was going to be a part of an experiment I was trying(was going to try a non-photoshop photo mesh) but the camera wouldn't cooperate so I just kept that one.

Will get another update up tomorrow, will be part of a new addition to the first post.:sly:

Group B Tribute: Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car

The Lancia Delta S4 was a Group B rally car that competed in the WRC during the 1985 and 1986 seasons. It's powered by a 450hp supercharged 4-cylinder engine and is placed in the middle of the car. During it's two year WRC run it won 5 races. It's also one of the most infamous Group B cars as Henri Toivonen and his co-driver Sergio Cresto lost their lives during the 1986 Tour de Corse, this incident prompted the FIA to cancel the Group B class.

Last edited:
Yes, now we're talking!

Not sure which would be my favorite though as they all bring about a uniqueness with them. Captures the rally feeling really well, IMO.

Thanks, I'm kind of disappointed though as there were some shots I wanted to get but the fact it's a standard meant I was limited.

There are some more of these "tribute" shoots on the way. However my next update will feature a Lotus in traditional garb.

Edit: I think I will also start doing write ups for some of the cars I take photos of.

Last edited:
Back